don't get me wrong () prodiga...

By itsanothernobody

we're not born broken. people break us. prodigal son season one based on fox's tv show prodigal son STARTED ... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Nine
Sixty

Fifty Eight

1.4K 83 8
By itsanothernobody

Chapter Fifty Eight:

"I didn't think you were serious."

Malcolm strutted out of his room, a navy blue track suit sat on his frame. He wore a black athletic long sleeve under the jacket, having it half zipped up.

"Looks nice, huh?" He spun, placing his hands on his hips before posing.

"Are you alright?" She walked over to him, "You're being weird."

He frowned, "Weird?"

Theodora paused, it was probably nothing. "Never mind. You called him, right?"

"Yes. And, if we don't leave soon I'll be late."

She followed him as he headed for the stairs that would lead to the door, "Where am I supposed to be during all of this?"

"You go in first, ask about classes. I'll come in when my lesson starts." Malcolm explained as they exited outside, "I'll come in and be all cocky, and he will say something to try to knock me down, verbally, of course— he might even ask if you want to watch the lesson with the sole purpose of beating me in front of someone else."

"You thought this through."

"I always do."

Theodora rolled her eyes, "How do you know it's gonna play out like that?"

"I just do."

She snorted, studying him as they walked. "Short with answers today, are we?"

Malcolm shrugged, searching the streets for a stray taxi.

"Tell me what's wrong." Theodora said, knowing full well that something was up. She could always tell when he was upset or had something bugging him, despite his years of training to hide his emotions, he could never get passed her. "And don't lie and say you're fine."

"I told you to stop worrying about me."

"I can't just stop caring, Malcolm." She told him, "No matter how many times you tell me too."

He sighed, "I know."

"So what's the deal. You've been off ever since you went off with Gil after finding the body."

"We went to his house. Talked with Crystal and met their child." Malcolm said, "Peter."

Theodora pursed her lips, mind sorting through possible outcomes of that meeting. "You like the kid, don't you."

"Pardon?"

"No, wait." She shook her head, "His dad is gone and he's left with his mom— you mentioned before that he was quiet... he reminds you of yourself."

Malcolm raised a dark brow, "You're getting better at this. You're welcome, for that."

"Whatever. Tell me what's up."

He opened his mouth but quickly shut it, looking everywhere but her. "Can we talk about it later?"

That meant never, Theodora knew this. But if he wasn't comfortable talking about it now, she wouldn't push him anymore. He would eventually tell her, when he was ready.

"So I'm going in first?" She changed the topic, staring straight ahead.

"Yes."

Theodora nodded, "Is this supposed to be a private lesson?"

"I guess."

When they finally arrived at their destination, Malcolm rushed to the other side of the building which was one of the three walls to an alley way.

"You go in, ask him about classes and what not." Malcolm told her, "And if he says he's busy stall him until I walk in, alright?"

Theodora nodded, giving a thumbs up as she turned the corner and made her way to the front door. A chime went off as she entered, gazing around the space. It was a pretty bare room with white and beige walls, a few posters tacked up. Mats lined the floor, and a desk was sitting towards the back where she spotted a handful of fliers. She wondered over, picking one up and staring down at it.

"Can I help you?"

Theodora turned, eyes landing on who she assumed was Jake. He was much taller than she expected, and much more ripped than anticipated. He had cropped dark hair that somehow made him look more menacing with his serious facial expression.

"Yeah, actually." She smiled politely, "I'm interested in classes."

"For yourself or—"

"Myself."

He nodded slowly, "Sorry, I always ask. Sometimes people are interested in classes for their children or partners."

"Nope, no kids here." She chuckled awkwardly, wishing Malcolm would walk through the door already. "Just me."

Jake raised a brow, "Any partners?"

Jesus Christ. She thought, trying her best to not roll her eyes. Malcolm, get in here!

"I- um," She paused as the door chime went off again and Malcolm strolled in, an arrogant vibe rolling off of him in waves. "Yes, actually. There is a partner."

Malcolm squinted at that comment, turning and sending Jake a look. "I'm Malcolm Bright."

"Oh yes." Jake nodded, "How are you, Mr Bright?"

"Fine."

"Well." Jake followed Malcolm to the centre of the room as he ventured around, "Welcome to the world of Krav Maga. How'd you hear about us?"

Theodora pursed her lips, watching as Malcolm made it closer to the end of the room. He glanced back at Jake before staring at a stack of weights once again. "Flier. I like your motto "We defend to the end.""

"It's not a motto. It's a philosophy for life."

Malcolm gave him another look, "Cool." He winked, nodding. "I get it. I've done, uh, Kung fu, jiu-jitsu. How do the belts work in Krav Macau."

Theodora suppressed a smile as Malcolm looked to Jake in a serious manner, the other man's stance was slowly changing. Malcolm was clearing getting on his nervous, and since he seemed almost as arrogant as Malcolm was acting, this may not end will.

"Krav Maga." Jake corrected him, "It isn't a sport. The concept is to inflict so much pain and damage that your opponent can't ever hurt you again."

Theodora coughed, catching both men's attention. "Isn't that a little extreme?"

"Life is extreme." Jake replied.

Add that to the quote book. She thought sarcastically, He has a way with words.

"Guys out there, they want to have your money, your car, your house... they'll take them unless you're willing to—" Jake had wandered so close to Malcolm the finger he was pointing was up in his face, but Malcolm only glanced up at the tall figure and raised a brow. "Hurt them?"

Jake chuckled, taking several steps back. "Let me demonstrate."

"I should really be going." Theodora spoke up, taking a small step towards the door.

"No, no." Jake smiled, "Watch a round, see if you're really interested."

"Are you sure?"

He turned to Malcolm as he squared up, "Show me some of that Jiu-Jitsu. Knock me down."

Malcolm sniffed loudly, clearing his throat as he approached. He paused, making eye contact with the other man before throwing a fist out. Jake, in return grabbed ahold of the move, anticipating it and spun, Malcolm falling to his knees in the hold.

"See that?" Jake questioned, his stance shifting. He seemed riled up, thanks to Malcolm. "Got your arm in a submission hold."

"Got it."

"See. Krav Maga relies on one thing. Maximum aggression." He quickly grabbed ahold of Malcolm's neck and threw him down. He landed on the mat, sprawled out. Theodora frowned as Jake glanced her way, a proud expression on his face.

He has an ego. She thought, But what man doesn't.

"Maybe Krav Maga isn't your thing, Mr Bright. We do have a nice Kung Fu class on Tuesday's."

Malcolm pulled himself off the ground, taking his jacket off. "Oh, that's cool. Fine." He tossed it again, nodding at Jake. "What else you got?"

"All right then." Jake grinned, "I'm gonna come at you this time."

Malcolm was still seemingly laid back and relaxed as he slightly slouched, waiting for his attack. When Jake stepped forward and tried to swing his arm, Malcolm beat it to him and clipped him in the nose with a quick right hook.

"What the hell!" Jake exclaimed, holding his nose.

Malcolm's eyes widened, walking towards him. "Sorry. I thought you were looking for maximum aggression."

As soon as he turned around, Jake ran and kicked his knees, sending him falling to the ground. Jake pushed him before placing a knee on his back, twisting his arm. "I'll show you maximum aggression. Do you submit?"

He brought his other arm around and put him in a choke hold, glaring.

Theodora walked forward, "I think this is a little—"

"Pipe down." Jake glanced her way, then focused his attention back to Malcolm. But he managed to already stare up at Jake, and by the sly smile on his face, had already determined if this man could be their sadist.

"Well." Theodora lunged at him, tackling Jake's body to the ground. He mimicked Malcolm's prior position, so she copied what she saw him do. Within seconds he was squirming around, his large frame held down by her small one. "Don't ever tell a woman to 'pipe down.'"

"What the hell is going on?" Jake grunted, looking at Malcolm who slowly pulled himself up in the midst of hushed laughter. "Who are you bunch freaks?"

Malcolm shrugged, disguise quickly faded. "Well, Jung would have called me a masochist. I'm not a fan. He would have loved you, an old fashion sadist."

Theodora shoved him down, face buried into the mat before she let off him, Malcolm helping her up.

"Who are you?" Jake jumped up, taking several steps away from the duo.

"Malcolm Bright. A profiler." He threw an arm around Theodora, pulling her next to him. "Theodora Fletcher. Partner in crime."

"Ew. Don't ever call me that." Her nose scrunched.

"And that." Malcolm pointed behind Jake, where Gil appeared with a nod, "He's a cop."

"Hi, Jake." Gil moved his long coat over to reveal his badge clipped to his belt. "Let's talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 16.9K 43
i promise ima put this back out๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚!! i been so busy w school, work & life itself. my bad y'all. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ข ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™˜๐™ , ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™›...
988 62 25
๐˜”๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฏ ๐˜น ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข. ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๏ฟฝ...
537K 16.2K 94
๐—”๐—ฟ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฅ๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น ๐˜… ๐—ข๐—– "๐ผ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘‘๐‘œ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘›, ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘› ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘š๐‘’, ๐ผ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘™๏ฟฝ...
29.2K 454 19
i read way to many and got hooked to the point that I'm writing my own. enjoy ! (I do take requests!) STARTED- 07/27/2022 FINISHED- TBD