The Wedding In Miami

由 NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Exes: #1 (4th July 2020) Bad boy: #1 (3rd July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any updates an... 更多

The wedding of Madeline Gray
Cousin's wedding?
Forgive and forget?
Wrong room
Faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck
Miami Beach
What we had
Save water, shower together
One giant splash
Perfect plan
Particular taste
From one ex to another
That goddamn dress
A toast to the lovely couples here tonight
I saved you a muffin
Nicky-Nick got scared?
Bonfire
Unbelievable, idiotically, pathetically
A bad habit
Voice inside my head
A little spy
Ice cream
It's a love bite
Little Havana
Reflection
Reliving that night
Bruises
Let's fucking run
Ketchup
Six flags
Not prettier than you
It's not like the movies
It feels different
I don't want it
Looking at him
If you say so
Speeches
Wedding glow
In sickness and in health
I'm sure
Home sweet home
Summer nights
Struck by lightning
Thank you + New Book

A walk couldn't hurt

10.7K 339 48
由 NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter fifteen: A walk couldn't hurt (Emma's POV)

Dinner was done, and the staff of the hotel was cleaning up after us while Nick and I were still sitting at the bar. Just us two. Nobody else. We weren't even talking, we were just staring off into space, observing the people that were cleaning up the entire hall. 

"Can I get you two anything?" the bartender asked. 

"I'm good," I smiled. 

"No, thank you," Nick replied. 

I stared at the time on my phone. It's midnight. The party ended about fifteen minutes ago. 

"Emma?" he asked, snapping me out of my daze. 

"Yeah?" I asked, turning to him. 

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" he questioned. 

"What?" I asked in surprise. 

"Do you want to go for a walk?" he repeated while standing up. 

"Right now?" I asked in confusion. 

"Yeah," he shrugged. 

"It's midnight," I said like the idiot that I am. 

"A walk couldn't hurt. It won't kill you, Emma," he chuckled with a small shrug. 

Yeah, a walk couldn't hurt. 

"Okay, sure," I shrugged while getting up, "Let me go change," I began walking to the elevators but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. 

"Can you walk in it?" he asked while glancing at the ends of the dress.

"I think," I shrugged. 

"Then you'll be fine, I'll carry you if I have to," he shrugged while pulling me to the exit of the hotel. 

I ignored the sparks that shot through my arm and kept it moving. I stopped walking when my phone dinged. 

He turned around and clicked his tongue while I was typing out a reply to my mom. "Okay, this," he dangled it in my face, "Is mine for tonight. And so are you. No distractions, come on," he tugged at my arm. 

"But it's from my-" he didn't let me finish. 

"I don't care who it's from, you're coming with me, let's go!" He stood behind me and put his hands on my shoulders, pushing me forward. 

"Where are we going?" I asked in confusion. 

"Just taking a good old stroll, Emma," he whispered, sending chills down my spine. He chuckled, "Good to know I still have that effect on you, I thought I was losing my touch," he smirked while walking past me. 

"Asshole," I rolled my eyes and kept walking. 

"Do you think you can catch me, Emma?" he began picking up his face while walking backward as he faced me. 

"Nick, I'm in heels and a dress, don't you fucking dare," I said through gritted teeth, already stopping and grabbing a bench while I took my heels off. 

"Do you think you can run barefoot?" he asked while taking his shoes off and then his socks, holding his shoes in one hand. 

"Just so you know, if I break or cut something, it's on you," I gathered my dress in my free hand. 

"I'll take full responsibility. Anything to take care of you," he winked before running off. 

-----<3----- 

"Jesus, will you stop, I already caught you," I panted while slowing down and sitting on a bench. 

"When did you catch me?" he laughed while sitting beside me. I tapped his shoulder. 

"Right now," I looked up at him with ragged breaths, still managing to smirk. 

"I'll give you a head start," he smirked. 

"Give me five minutes, please," I leaned back, staring up at the dark sky. "Okay, go," I patted his shoulder before getting up and sprinting towards the hotel. 

"Three, two, one!" he shouted before chasing me. 

Twenty minutes. 

I managed to stay away for twenty minutes. Then my throat, lungs, feet, and stomach were on fire from how much I was running and how hard I was breathing. I'm also pretty sure my feet are completely dirty and something definitely stabbed me but I still kept running. 

"I got you!" he yelled while grabbing my arm and spinning me around, turning me to face him. "Jesus, you run fucking fast," he panted. 

"So do you," I hunched over, resting my hands on my knees. I sat down on the sidewalk and rubbed my feet against each other, dusting them off before slipping my heels on. Luckily, nothing stabbed me but I'm sure I'm dying. 

"This was a horrible idea, Nick," I huffed, wincing as I stood up. 

"I know, are you okay?" he asked while standing up, breathing steadily again. 

How does he do it? I'll never know. 

"I think I broke both my feet," I huffed, running my hand through my hair. 

"I can carry you," he smirked. 

"Please don't, I-" 

He just picked me up. 

Fuck what I have to say, right? 

"Nick, no!" I kicked around but it was useless. "Piggyback, piggyback, piggyback!" I smacked his chest. 

He laughed while setting me down before I hopped onto his back. 

"You're insane," I laughed as we entered the hotel. 

"I know," he laughed with me, halting when our eyes landed on my mother who was sitting in the lobby, on the couch, waiting. 

"Remember when someone texted me before we left?" I whispered in his ear, biting back a laugh. 

"Mm-hmm," he mumbled. 

I reached down and pulled my phone out of his pocket, showing him the screen. "Have fun," I laughed before hopping off and going to sit beside my mom. 

"I'm gonna talk to you later," she glowered at me. 

"Okay," I shrugged. 

She can never stay mad at me. 

"Hey, Lisa," Nick nodded while walking over. 

"Where have you two been?" she asked him. 

"We went on a walk," he shrugged. 

"And come back looking like this?" she arched her eyebrow, giving us pointed looks. 

We were sweaty, red, flushed, and I was still panting lightly. "If you will," he shrugged. 

"Please just- just clarify this for me," she cleared her throat, "Is there something going on between you two?" 

Crickets. 

Neither of us answered. I guess we were both waiting for the other person to say it. 

"Forget it, just go up to your rooms," my mom waved her hand dismissively. 

We stood up and he followed me to the elevators. I stepped in with him and pressed the button to our floor before leaning against the wall. 

"Why didn't you answer her?" he questioned. 

"I thought she was asking you," I shrugged. That's not true, I knew she was asking both of us. 

"What would you say if she asked you, Emma?" he questioned. 

I stayed quiet. I didn't want to say it. I didn't want to admit it. I didn't want it to be true. 

I miss him, like an insane amount. And I want him back, I really do.

I'm angry at myself because I spent an entire month teaching myself to move past what happened between us and ignore all the things I felt around him. Barely a week here in Miami with him and it's all hitting me again. I'm starting to like him again. 

I turned to face him but he was already looking at me. 

His eyes shifted to my lips before he slammed his hand over the stop button. The elevator jerked before coming to a halt and in a second he had me trapped against the wall. "What would you have said?" he asked. His breathing was heavier, so was mine. "Emma," he pressed up against me and I had to close my eyes to keep myself steady. 

"I don't know," I mumbled, "I don't know what I would've said," I looked up at him while sighing. 

"We're exes, right?" he questioned. 

Please shut up and kiss me. 

"Right," I nodded. 

"Then nothing, okay?" he asked. 

"Why didn't you say that then?" I questioned, looking at his eyes. 

He bit his bottom lip in thought. "Emma, what if I kissed you right now?" he asked out of nowhere. 

Please do. 

"Please don't. Like you said, we're exes, Nick." I pushed him off slowly and pressed the stop button so the elevator began moving again. We stayed in absolute silence until we reached our floor. Even till our rooms. 

"Would you like- I don't know- slap me? If I kissed you?" he questioned when I stopped outside my room as I was about to unlock the door and go inside. 

"Why would you kiss me?" I questioned. 

"Just answer," he shrugged one shoulder lightly, "Please?" he requested. 

"You answer first," I leaned on my door, mirroring his actions. 

"Emma, I asked first," he gave me a pointed look. 

"I asked second, your point is?" I took a step forward, standing closer to him. 

"My point is, if I ask first, I get the answer first. What would you do if I kissed you?" He too stepped closer, standing barely an inch away from you. 

"You answer, or I simply don't," I shrugged. 

"Because I miss you. What would you do?" he asked, not explaining his answer. 

Then again, did I really need an explanation? 

I took a step back and unlocked my door, holding it open. 

"Not slap you, Nick. That's for sure," I smirked before going inside and closing the door.

I am fucked.

-

-

-

-

-

Chapter fifteen

I think we all know what she would do if he kissed her ;)

Next Chapter: I saved you a muffin

Sneak Peek: The Next Chapter is in our lovely Nick's POV and consists of a breakfast where for once, they aren't arguing, they're actually getting along. Much to no one's surprise and Liam's dismay, they're actually flirting.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

432K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...
1.8M 57.4K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...
3.9M 125K 39
Workaholic wedding planner Sophia gets the surprise of her life when her new clients' best man turns out to be her ex-boyfriend. ...
244K 9.4K 34
Hope Kingston. She calls him Asshole. Hope has just come back to her hometown after 2 years in New York and magically landed herself the picture-perf...