You Should Be Here: Sequel to...

By macswritingtable

KehlanixChance Sequel to 10 Days More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29

28

243 13 2
By macswritingtable

Kehlani

I park my car outside of the house and turn off the engine. I know Chance is getting Kensli today so I wanted to pop in and surprise the two of them.

Plus I need a break from home. Dealing with Shaina has been stressful. We're not even together anymore but she won't go away and I'm too nice to push her out. It's like she knows she has a hold on me and I know she's using my heart against me. I just need a break from her for a minute. She's probably out fucking some girl right now anyway because when I woke up she was gone.

I go to the door and knock loudly in case they're upstairs. I wait awhile before he opens the door shirtless with a confused face but goes right back inside leaving me to come in. I go into the living room to see if she's here.

"Hey where's my lady bug?" I say with a pout.
He comes back downstairs with a Malcolm X T-shirt on.

"I don't get her til later. Kirsten fucking playing with me. What you doing here though?" He asked while looking around.

I sit on his couch and lay back. "Came to see Ken, what do you mean she's playing with you? And what are you looking for?"

"My jean jacket." He sighs and rests his hands on his head then sits on the arm of the couch. "She's rescheduled our pick up 4 times already and the only reason it's finally happened today is because I told her I'd come to her house and get Ken myself."

"Wait so why is she being so fucking difficult? Aren't y'all supposed to be cool? I mean she left you when you tried to fix y'all." I question him. "And I'm pretty sure your jean jacket at my house, why do you need it?"

"I got a brunch date."

My heart sinks when he says this.

"A date? With who?"

"You'll never guess. Simone." He chuckles.

"Simone? You're ex Simone? The fuck is she doing here?" I ask.

"Lani when I let you in I didn't think I was opening my home for a interview." He sits next to me and laughs.

"Well I didn't think I missed this much. So are you gonna tell me?" I ask while folding my arms.

"Okay. Kirsten is upset because of you, of course, but she literally told me she liked the old me better. The druggie me, so she left and said we only talking about Kensli. But now every time I try to talk about Kensli she's difficult and acts like I can't see my own daughter. But watch me stop trying so hard and I'm a deadbeat."

Damn I didn't know she told him she liked him better as a fucking addict. Who says that? Who thinks like that? I can't believe her, makes me hate that I encouraged him to be with her.

"And with Simone, I mean she lives here Lani what you want me to do? We just catching up and shit, you know she always been really cool. What's the issue anyway?"

"Nothing." I lie. "I just worry for you sometimes. And I hate that shit like this happens to you."

"I'm good I promise." He reaches over to hug me.

"I know I just need to make sure."

"I appreciate it princess." I sit back when he says that.

"Uh uh what you need?" I ask.

"For you to leave. Ima be late Lani." He laughs. "Come on we'll walk out together."

We stand up and he gets all of his things together before escorting me out of his front door. He puts me in the car and closes my door. I pull out of his driveway so that he's not blocked in.

I watch him drive away to another women. I swear I'm so fucking dumb.

Chance
Replying to emails and checking social media help occupy me while I wait for Simone in this coffee shop.

At last I see her rushing over to me with her curly hair hanging loosely on her shoulders. I smile at her and stand up to give her a hug.

"Hi I'm so sorry I'm late. I got caught up gettin ready." She pushes some hair behind her ear.

"You good ma, you ready to order?" I ask her. She nods and follows me to the counter. I pay for our stuff then I lead her to where I was sitting before. Right before I sit down out order is called so I get it then sit down.

"I see you came here lookin cute for me." I bite into my breakfast sandwich.

"Boy please I always look cute." She pushes her hair to one side and posed.

"Never said you didn't." I wink at her.

"I see we're still very charming."

"Of course. But we're here to catch up, tell me what you've been up too these past few years." I lean forward and rest my chin in my palm.

"Okay well you know I finished high school early and was trying to help my mom with money but it was hard and we lost our house for a year. But then I started working in retail and the store I was working for asked me to model for the company and since then I've been modeling." She shrugs and sips her coffee.

"So I'm on a date with a model? That's fuckin exciting." I sit back and check her out.

"I guess, modeling is fun when it's not a lot of shit happening at once. Plus they want you to look a certain way and it's hard for me to branch out because more and more companies are looking for that coke bottle body or a stick figure. My happy medium ain't making everyone happy."

"Damn so how is it finding jobs?"

"I try to network with people in companies I know are looking for similar things I've already done. But yeah it can be kinda hard. That's why I'm working on something new."

"New like what?" I ask.

"Jewelry. I get a lot of compliments on my jewelry on Instagram and some jewelry stores ask me to promo their stuff so Urban Outfitters want to collab with me to make a new line."

"Oh my god that's great Simone. Big moves, I see you." I laugh and she rolls her eyes and laughs with me. "For real though that's great Simone. I'm proud of you."

"Oh it's me who's proud of you Chance. When we met you were just making your first but now you've dropped 3 successful mixtapes. You've gone on tour and had Kanye fuckin West and Kirk Franklin work with you. I'm on a date with a super star."

I smile and thank her for her kindness. It feel good to hear all my accomplishments out loud like that.

"It hasn't been all that glamorous though, I'll tell you that." I sip my black coffee.

She furrows her eyebrows and gives me a sad look. "What happened. Remember we were about to get into stuff at the grocery store."

"Oh yeah well uh...basically I had a really bad drug problem for a while." I explain.

"Oh Chance I'm so sorry. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." She teaches her hand across the table to touch mine.

I shake my head. "Nah it's fine I promise, I'm over it. But um, yeah I had a drug problem and I was really selfish and awful and that's why me and Kehlani broke up. I made Acid Rap, had a fling, and got that fling pregnant. But I didn't know about it until me and Kehlani finally got back together."

"Got back together? I thought she was with that basketball player and cheated then y'all denied everything."

"She didn't cheat. He actually was the cheater and blamed her and basically spread a bunch of lies. And I still loved her so I was there for her and we ended up back together."

"Okay so y'all aren't together anymore because...?"

"I have a daughter. And Kehlani wasn't ready to be directly apart of that and I understood. So now we're strictly just friends and have been for the past 2-ish years." I finish.

"Wow a daughter. Can I see a picture?" She asks with a smile.

"Oh my god Chance she looks just like you. Y'all are so cute!" She coos.

"Thank you. I'm actually going to pick her up a little later." I tell her.

"Oh thats great. So she stays with her mom?" She asks. I nod. "So you two aren't together either?"

"Nah. I tried for Kensli's sake but uh...apparently she liked the old me better so that didn't work out." I leave out the other reason why she left. No need to scare her off.

"Oh wow. Well I like you just the way you are." She bites her lip.

"I like you too. And I'm sorry about the past."

"Oh no I get it. She was the one back then, I saw how in love y'all were. I just wonder if that's still the same." She looks down and starts to pull her hand away.

I grab her hand back and make her look at me.

"It's not. We used to be in love for a while, but now we're just good friends. I love her of course, but she's not a problem anymore." I lift her hand and kiss it. She blushes and looks into my eyes before leaning over the table and kissing my lips.

"Good. Because I still like you Chancelor."

"I like you too Simone."

For the rest of he date we hold hands and crack jokes and talk about when we were together in high school. I miss her cool, calming presence. She was always such a dope and caring person to be around. And she hasn't changed, not even her appearance. She hair is a little shorter than it used to be but she still had such glowing skin, and soft lips, and beautiful eyes.

Once we're done eating and get ready to leave I walk her to her car.

"Wait so you gave him a whole verse on Favorite Song, and he gave you was five words to repeat throughout the whole thing and called it a feature?" She laughed.

"Yes and I was lowkey heated with him but I had so much going on with Acid Rap that I didn't have time to really be mad or suggest a verse." I shake my head. "But Bino's my homie, I know how he is about his craft."

"And how are you with yours?" She asks.

"Same as you remember. Old habits die hard."

"I had such a good time with you Chance."

"You too."

"I missed you. I didn't realize it until now but I really missed you. You were such a good boyfriend."  She pulls me close to her by my shirt and looks up at me.

"You were a great girlfriend."

"Why thank you." She kisses me softly.

I wrap my arms around her as we kiss and press her body to mine. She grabs the back on my neck and holds me into her lips. I slip my tongue over her lip asking for her to let me in. She opens her mouth and I use my tongue to explore it.

My grip on her waist is moved down to her as with her hands as our make out session heats up. I grab her ass roughly making her softly moan into my mouth.

She pulls back first and look up into my eyes.

"I um...I want you. But I want to wait." She bites her lip and has a sad look on her face. I think she can feel my hard on pressed into her.

"Me too. I don't want to move too fast and have you think this is all I want." I grab her ass harder with the word this. She giggles and loosens her grip on me.

"You have to go get your daughter right? What was her name?" She scratches her head.

"Kensli. And yes, yes I do. But I had such a nice time with you Simone. I really did."

"Me too. Please don't let this be a one time thing." She begs.

"Of course not. I said I wanna take things slow and I can't do that if we don't talk."

She smiles widely. "Good. Okay I'm not gone hold you. Thanks for the date and thanks for walking me to my car." She gets on her toes and kisses my cheek. I grab her face and kiss her lips. "What happened to taking things slow?"

"I'm not very good at it." I wink at her and start to walk off to my car. "Let me know when you make it home."

"You too." She gets into her car and I get in mine.

Now to get ready to get my pride and joy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 771 22
Sequel 2 Mistakes & Blessings
13.3K 249 17
"I never would have guessed he would mean so much to me, neither would I have guessed he would hurt me too." «sequel is "Take A Chance"»
66.7K 2.4K 19
do you believe in second chances? | SEQUEL TO ALREADY GONE |
29.4K 1.7K 46
Sequel to Different Worlds | Different Worlds Sequel