28

Kehlani

I park my car outside of the house and turn off the engine. I know Chance is getting Kensli today so I wanted to pop in and surprise the two of them.

Plus I need a break from home. Dealing with Shaina has been stressful. We're not even together anymore but she won't go away and I'm too nice to push her out. It's like she knows she has a hold on me and I know she's using my heart against me. I just need a break from her for a minute. She's probably out fucking some girl right now anyway because when I woke up she was gone.

I go to the door and knock loudly in case they're upstairs. I wait awhile before he opens the door shirtless with a confused face but goes right back inside leaving me to come in. I go into the living room to see if she's here.

 I go into the living room to see if she's here

"Hey where's my lady bug?" I say with a pout.
He comes back downstairs with a Malcolm X T-shirt on.

"I don't get her til later. Kirsten fucking playing with me. What you doing here though?" He asked while looking around.

I sit on his couch and lay back. "Came to see Ken, what do you mean she's playing with you? And what are you looking for?"

"My jean jacket." He sighs and rests his hands on his head then sits on the arm of the couch. "She's rescheduled our pick up 4 times already and the only reason it's finally happened today is because I told her I'd come to her house and get Ken myself."

"Wait so why is she being so fucking difficult? Aren't y'all supposed to be cool? I mean she left you when you tried to fix y'all." I question him. "And I'm pretty sure your jean jacket at my house, why do you need it?"

"I got a brunch date."

My heart sinks when he says this.

"A date? With who?"

"You'll never guess. Simone." He chuckles.

"Simone? You're ex Simone? The fuck is she doing here?" I ask.

"Lani when I let you in I didn't think I was opening my home for a interview." He sits next to me and laughs.

"Well I didn't think I missed this much. So are you gonna tell me?" I ask while folding my arms.

"Okay. Kirsten is upset because of you, of course, but she literally told me she liked the old me better. The druggie me, so she left and said we only talking about Kensli. But now every time I try to talk about Kensli she's difficult and acts like I can't see my own daughter. But watch me stop trying so hard and I'm a deadbeat."

Damn I didn't know she told him she liked him better as a fucking addict. Who says that? Who thinks like that? I can't believe her, makes me hate that I encouraged him to be with her.