4

Kehlani POV

Sam opens the door to our hotel room and we walk inside. I drop my stuff on the floor and plop down on my bed. I stare at the ceiling for a second and try to collect my thoughts. Sam lays down beside me on the bed.

"What are you going to do?" She asks. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "You know what I'm talking about."

I sigh. Of course she means Chance. "Nothing. I have Kyrie."

"I know that. But you also love Chance." She says. I close my eyes and let out a deep breath.

"He doesn't need to know that. Neither of them do."

"Then don't tell. But Chance probably knows. He knows you."

"Yeah."

"Go smoke. There's like a smoking balcony down stairs, we both know you need it. I'll be up when you get back."

We turn towards each other and stare at each other for a while.

"Thanks I'll be back."

I find my way to the smoking balcony and pull out my blunt. I light it up and start smoking.

"I see I'm not the only one who needed this." A voice says, making me jump. I see Chance sitting on a bench smoking a blunt.

"Hey." I say shyly.

"You can sit down Lani I'm not gone bite you."

"Yeah because I'm thinking 'oh this nigga about to bite me' " I roll my eyes.

"You got jokes." He says. He takes a puff from the blunt and lets the smoke out, he scoots over on the bench.

I sit down next to him and smoke my blunt. We sit quietly for a while until he clears his throat.

"How've you been Kehlani?" Hearing him say my name keeps giving me chills.

"I'm ok."

"How's the music going?"

"You heard."

"True."

We keep smoking. These short conversations are weird and seem forced. I want to talk to him but I don't quite know what to say.

"How about you?"

"It's alright."

"Not the music. You."

"I'm cool."

"You sure?"

"Are you?"

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Nothing." He sighs and puts the blunt back to his lips.

We sit there in silence again.

"I miss you."

"Chance."

"Not like that. Well yes like that but I meant as a friend. I miss being able to talk to you about shit. All I got now is Donnie and Bino but they got shit of their own."

"Right because i never had shit of my own." I say sarcastically.

"We were each other's shit, i didn't know i overlooked your shit. But I just miss you on a friend level. You were a great friend Lani. I still got mad love for you, don't ever forget that."

He puts out his roach and walks to the door. "My number is still the same." He goes back into the hotel and leaves me outside.

"I miss you too." I say honestly.