17

Kehlani

Chance dances around the stage while the audience raps along with him. I watch him do a backflip and the crowd screams in adoration. His set is almost over and it would be my time to perform. He walks around the stage and and listens to the beat play and lets the fans touch his hands.

His earlier song Hey Ma from 10 Days start to play.

I said hey ma
Don't go stretching your wallet
These niggas gotta pay me for taking a year from college
Go on get your nails polished
Stylist for your eyelids
And a pilot for your mileage for them frequent trips to your island

The crowd sings along throughout the whole song faithfully. His set is right about over and next is my turn. I say a quick prayer and prepare to go on.

"Thank you all for fucking with me tonight I really appreciate the love." Chance bows and waves to the crowd.

"HOME WRECKER" some yells from the crowd.

"Niggas always wanna talk but don't wanna listen." He says into the mic and points to the crowd. "Love y'all, get ready for KEHLANI!" He runs off towards me and someone hands his a new water bottle. He downs it and looks at me. I look at his face but not into his eyes. I feel bad knowing that people are calling him all kinds of names because of me.

"Come here." He grabs my arm and leads me back to his dressing room. He closes the door and I start to ask why he brought me in here. He puts his hands on either side of my face and kisses my lips. Once he releases me he rests his forehead on mine. "Don't worry about them hating ass motherfuckers. Go put on an amazing show for your fans and have fun."

I nod and take a deep breath. He walks behind me and comes back with a half smoked blunt. He hands it to me and I put it between my lips.

"This that good shit." He says as he lights the end of it for me. I inhale it and let it relax me. I hand it back to him and shake my nerves out. "Alright go get 'em."

I jog out of the room and go to the backstage area and let them check my mic and adjust my outfit. The tight sports bra lifts my boobs and gives me more cleavage. My sweatpants hang low and I can feel my long hair on my lower back. Finally they let me go and I run into the stage to greet my audience. The crowd scream different things at me loudly making a weird meshed sound.

"How the fuck y'all doing tonight?" I ask with a smile. The crowd cheered loudly and someone shouted "I love you Tsunami". "I love you too! Let's go!"

You saw right thru every last bit of me
I should've known it from your energy we've got this energy
Your soul was close like it remembers me, instilled in me
90 degrees in California you put chills in me
Said it's something about my city, something about my city
Oakland girls so damn hood but we so damn pretty
Sometimes the town just brings you down but we've had no pity
Don't need no extra bodies I got the connect with me

The concert goes great, I sing First Position from my mixtape Cloud 19 and dance with my backup girls. The crowd sings every song with me and gives me so much love. Some assholes shout rude shit but I try my best to ignore them.

Finally it comes to The Way with Chance to end the concert. He won't come out until his part so I have the stage to myself so far.

We can catch a flight out to London
Go to the mall spend a lump sum
They could try to catch up to us
But their too busy making assumptions, boy you know
All I do
Is stay up all night losing sleep over you
All I do
Is drive myself crazy thinking about my baby
It's the way you walk, the way you talk babe
It's the way you love the way you fuck babe
It's the way you are you're a star babe
It's the way you, it's the way you oh

Chance walks in from the rear of the stage with his headset on and gets into position behind me to do the routine from our video. The crowd goes wild seeing us together.

Said, I ain even make my bed up
Watch your step you gone wake my mama and dad up
Psh girl, didn't I tell you at the damn club
We gone wake your neighbors, turn your block club to my fan club
And it happened so fast

Everything goes smoothly and I have fun with him in stage. Grinding and winding around him without even thinking of anyone else. The dance break goes so well and so smooth we could do it in our sleep. But I get distracted when someone from the crowd yells "Chance how Kehlani pussy taste". I almost trip but Chance holds me up and acts like it's apart of the show. From behind me he whispers into my ear.

"Ignore it Lani."

The show comes to an end and I thank everybody and say goodbye before running off stage.

I change clothes and get semi cleaned up before going to meet fans. Chance and I walk in together and the line of fans goes wild. Theirs a table to the right and left of the line infringing of blown up posters for Chance and I. We go to our designated station and start to greet fans.

A girl about my height comes to the table and almost cries.

"I sweetie what's your name?" I ask her.

"Lela. I love you can I please have a picture." I nod and stand up in front of the poster with her.

"Do you want regular smiling, silly faces or a sexy pose?" I ask her. She lots for sexy and I happily oblige.

She thanks me over and over as I hug her and move to the next person

She thanks me over and over as I hug her and move to the next person. As I keep signing autographs and taking pictures a man steps up after a mother and small child leave. He asks for a picture and holds up his phone in selfie mode. As soon as he puts his arm around my I feel his hold tighten and his hand goes from my shoulder to my throat.
He keeps close to my face and almost closed my throat.

"You deserve to die you filthy slut." He tries to spit on my face but security grabs him roughly and pulls him off of me. They struggle to get his hand from my throat and when they do I fall to the floor to catch my breath.

Kehlani just breath.

My throat is so fucking sore.

It feels like his hands are still on me.

Hands from all around stand me up and take me out of the room and through the back. They get me into the limo waiting in the back and Sam climbs in with me.

"Kehlani are you okay?" She asks as she closes the door behind her. A white noise starts to fill my ears and I can no longer hear anything else. The last thing I see is Sam reaching out for me.