Yesterday - Bucciarati Fanfic...

By PhysicalTurian

Alda Emesto, 21 years old waitress works at Libeccio, a restaurant in the centre of Naples. She did not know... More

Chapter 2 - Bodyguard
Chapter 3 - Chi s'assomiglia si piglia
Chapter 4 - Bad shit
Chapter 5 - On edge
Chapter 6 - Hold you
Chapter 7 - Wingman
Chapter 8 - Caring
Chapter 9 - Capo
Chapter 10 - Quite the pair
Chapter 11 - I'm not weak
Chapter 12 - Tango
Chapter 13 - Fight or flight
Chapter 14 - Sucker punch
Chapter 15 - Attraction
Chapter 16 - Tomorrow
Chapter 17 - This is it
Chapter 18 - She's family
Chapter 19 - I'm scared but I love you
Chapter 20 - I'm happy
Chaper 21 - Touch me
Chapter 22 - Relax
Chapter 23 - Let's play pool
Chapter 24 - Sunday bloody sunday
Chapter 25 - Ravenous of your touch
Chapter 26 - The no no square
Chapter 27 - How to get rid of mold
Chapter 28 - What principles?
Chapter 29 - Satiated? Never. (NSFW)
Chapter 30 - Promised
Chapter 31 - Can't promise
Chapter 32 - Believe
Chapter 33 - The Emissary

Chapter 1 - Meeting

2K 47 89
By PhysicalTurian

Summer in Naples, truly the most amazing sight to lay eyes on. The clouds in the skies balanced the warmth of the sun, giving us a break from the never stopping stifling heat. The streets were brought to life by its locals, children would dash off in all directions. But not only that, if you paid attention closely you could see those young people dashing off were closely followed by a merchant or a baker. As I stood against a wall at the end of an empty street, I saw that the merchant was catching up on the boy. Stepping out of the shadow, I grabbed the kid by the shoulder, activating Penny Lane so that no one could hear us. Casually looking around, I waited for the man finally run past us to finally look at the kid. "Giuseppe, how many times do I have to tell you to improve your sneaking skills?"

With a huge grin painted on his face the boy looked at me "Oh come on Coda, I had him. See, I know how Tonio works. After running too long, he tires and gives up. Which gives me more time to run!" He explained as a matter of fact, as if he had thought this through. Raising a brow curiously at him I crossed my arms over my chest, knowing full well people felt intimidated by my presence. "Your strategy was to what? Simply tire him? Bambino, you do realize he was catching up?" I asked him with a small smile, throwing a quick glance behind to see if Tonio, the baker, had returned. Giuseppe was now pouting, his cap covering his eyes. The loaf of bread in his hand showed that his theft was a success, for today.

Not hearing an answer from him, I noticed a few tears rolling down his cheeks. A bit uncomfortable when faced with crying children, I tried to comfort him. "Practice makes perfect, right?" I nudged him on the shoulder with my hand, hoping to get a reaction. He scoffed and used his sleeve to swipe the tears from his face; it took him a moment to compose himself before he was able to look at me with determination. "I'll try again tomorrow, this time I won't be caught." He declared, before giving me a hug and running back home.

A sigh escaped my lips, I knew most of the kids in town, but I never asked them what happened in their life for it to turn out this way. We had a silent agreement, I would help them if they ever found themselves at an impasse, and sometimes teach them tricks to get better at stealing; in return they- I gained nothing in return, I was just a benefactor. I suppose deep down I was trying to help them not end up in jail for being caught red handed.

Waiting for him to be out of sight, I left the remote street and started walking back to my apartment. I had arrived at Naples a few years back after getting a scholarship to study Communication, right after graduating I started working at Libeccio. Finding work with a bachelor like mine was hard, to say the least, fortunately I had studied with Benito Deangelo's daughter so when she left to work in Japan, in need of another helping hand he offered me as a waitress.

Of course, I gladly accepted, it was a source of incomes and it was right next to my place. I've now been working there since I graduated, which was 3 weeks ago. After walking 20 minutes or so I arrived at my apartment, showered and got changed for work. Checking if everything was still where it was meant to be, I grabbed a jacket and locked the door. A few months ago, after coming back from my classes, I had noticed that one of my windows was wide open and that a few of my stuff were missing. Lucky for me I had my computer in my bag, and most of my valuables like wallet and phone, they took what they could grab which consisted of a necklace Donatella my friend had given me, and of course my TV but I could go without it.

Upon leaving my apartment, I often had an uneasy feeling, as if someone or something was watching me. In those times I often summoned Yesterday, I knew for a fact that no one could see him so it was mostly to reassure myself and not to threaten who or whatever might be there. I developed this fellow when I was in highschool, never knew how but I was just glad to have his company in stressful times.

After a 5 minutes' walk, I arrived at Libeccio and noticed that all the curtains were closed. A bit confused, I entered through the backdoor and put my stuff in my locker, wrapping an apron around my waist. "Benito?" I called out as I walked through the kitchen, and entered the dining area "Benito, I thought we were open tonight, why is-" I stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed 6 men at a table, with Benito taking their order with a huge smile on his face before he turned around and motioned me to turn back. Keeping a neutral expression, I followed him back to the kitchen in dire need of an explanation.

"Coda, tonight we're serving those young men. They've been very good clients to our restaurant, especially mister Bucciarati." He explained casually as he started preparing the orders. Leaning back on a shelf I frowned, "Can you tell me why we are closing the whole restaurant for 6 men? That's counter-productive don't you think?" I asked, more confused than ever. Feeling a bit uneasy with how sketchy the situation looked, I summoned Yesterday to stand by me. I knew he could understand me and my emotions, but he never was able to express words per say.

Looking at me in the eyes, he seemed hesitant in telling me. But after a moment, he grabbed a towel to dry his hands and planted them flat on the counter. "Passione." He told me. Squinting my eyes, I opened my mouth and closed it right away. That simple word could only mean one thing, "The Mafia? Passione Famiglia? They're part of the Passione Family?" I whispered very surprised, discreetly activating Penny Lane so that no one could hear us talk. Chuckling at my mere reaction, Deangelo resumed his activity in preparing the orders. Many thoughts crossed my minds.

I knew Passione was in Naples but I didn't think I'd ever come across any mafioso. Also, Libeccio is a simple family restaurant I'd never thought Benito would affiliated with the mafia- my train of thoughts was interrupted by Benito. "The Don is here, with one of his Capo and his closest friends. I'd expect composure from you, yes?" My eyes widened at his words, now I'd fear that one wrong move and it'd either be the end for him or for me. Nodding in response, I grabbed the wine and 6 glasses on a tray before going back to the dining area.

They're simple customers, they eat, they drink, they leave. Nothing to be afraid of. I muttered, walking to their table only to come across a frightening scene. The black-haired boy had a knife at the blond-haired boy with a green suit's throat, ready to take him out. Putting the tray on the table, I grabbed the blond's wrist with as much confidence as I could muster. "It's a family restaurant, I will ask of you to not act like this here." I said with a neutral/threatening look, dropping his wrist before returning back to my task of pouring wine for them.

There was a deafening silence for a moment, before the man with a beanie on burst out laughing, leaning his chair back against the wall. I glanced at him with wide eyes, feeling heat coming up my cheeks, but kept my composure. As I poured a small amount of wine in the Don's glass for him to taste, I could see a genuine smile on his face. He seemed young to be the head of a gang, and yet he had a calming aura, one that made you feel safe.

As he took a sip of wine, I waited for his approval before pouring some for the rest. The gunman with the beanie had since stopped cackling and was now in a heated conversation with the two boys that were at each other's throat, earlier. I glimpsed at the man right next to the Don, only to meet his intense gaze, which I did not look away from until I heard the Don putting his glass down.

My attention was brought back to him, not a word escaped his lips, in return he nodded as to give me permission to pour some for the rest. Going for the bottle of wine, I noticed it wasn't where I had put it, only on notice that the white-haired man at the table had it right next to him. Hesitant for a moment, I reached for the bottle. "Don't. Grab another fucking bottle." Grunted the white hair man while finishing his glass, pouring himself another one without even looking at me.

A bit taken aback by his brusque mannerisms, I glanced at the quiet white-suited man before excusing myself and leaving. Once I entered the kitchen, I noticed that Benito was almost done with the orders, I fetched two bottles of wine and set them on the counter. "Zío, it's going to be a long night." I said with a light tone, giving him a small smile that he returned without hesitation. "Oh Coda, I can assure your they're good people, but they're quite a handful." He reassured me, focused now on displaying the food properly on the plates.

Taking the bottles in both hands, I went back to the tables. "Signore? I've taken the liberty in bringing an extra bottle for you. You seem so keen of the taste." I spoke in a soft voice, looking at the white-haired man, handing him the bottle. The way he looked at me made me feel uneasy, as if I had overstepped the boundaries. Looking away from him, I poured wine in the Don's glass, followed by the smaller black-haired man, then the blond one. They chatted casually as I did so, but I could feel a stare piercing at the back of my head. Knowing they were mafioso made me a bit uneasy, I considered using Penny Lane to avoid hearing their conversations in case I might know shit I'm not supposed to.

Moving on to the beanie guy, as I approached his chair, I heard a small voice saying "Damn Mista, she's fine." I felt embarrassed at the comment, but ignored it nonetheless. My face started to feel hot, the bottle in hand I poured his drink with slightly shaky hands. Just as I straighten to finally fill the glass of the last man, skipping the grumpy guy, a hand grabbed my forearm. Slowly looking at the man who held me, I stared at him with no expression. "Hey do we get to know your little name?" he asked, trying to be seductive; giving him a discrete once over, I noticed a gun in his pants. Of fucking course, he has a gun, I have to be hit on by a gunman.

I suppose it was to be expected, they were mafioso, it was only natural for them to carry weapons and threaten each other. "Please unhand me sir." I asked him in a monotonous tone, a tinge of threat behind it. At least, as threatening as it can be to a gangster. Getting angry doesn't solve anything, getting emotional doesn't either, so I mostly opt for being clear and straightforward. "Oh come on, I'll let go if you tell me your sweet little name." he kept on pushing, no getting the hint that I was not a tiny bit interested. As composed as I seemed on the outside, on the inside I was scared shitless. I did not know if he was drunk or just annoying, neither did I know how he would react if I were to simply tell him no., I suppose I'd have to give him my name, even though he'll get ideas that I might be into him.

The table was quiet again, I did not know if they were waiting to know my name or to see how I'd react. A beautiful voice interrupted my inner battle "Mista, let her go. She's not interested." Right after, my arm was freed, slightly red but free. Taking the almost empty bottle of wine back I glared at the overly touchy guy, and quickly walk to the last man, the one who had rescued me from the man I now knew was named Mista. "Oh, come on Bucciarati I was just joking, don't tell me you're not curious of who she is?" he asked, looking at everyone at the table.

Chuckling I filled Bucciarati's glass as he laid back on his chair, crossing his legs in an elegant way. So that was the man Benito respected so much? I pondered, looking at him from the corner of my eyes, careful not to spill any wine. Once I was done, I put the bottle on the table. "I believe your orders will soon be ready, in the meantime do you need anything else?" I asked in the most professional way. The Don shook his head with a small smile, telling me that they were good. As I turned around to join Benito in the kitchen, I heard the same voice as earlier yelling "Wait, wait we still want your name" and turned around.

"You can call me Coda; I'll be your waitress for tonight." I told them with the best smile I could muster. They seemed very keen on knowing my name, and knowing their affiliation, I was not going to be stubborn. I would rather not endanger Benito just because I'm paranoid. Their stares were completely different from a moment ago, there was a certain tension in the room. I did not know how come, but it seemed I made a mistake at some point throughout the night. Did I spill wine on one of them? Was the extra bottle for the white-haired man too much? "Hum, is there a problem?" I asked hesitantly, holding the tray against my thighs.

Mista had lost his flirtish attitude, Bucciarati and the Don were still laid back on their chair but there was something different with their attitude. The three others were glaring at me, one had a knife out while the others stood up. A nervous laugh escaped my lips, perhaps there was someone behind me? Standing there, a few steps away from their table I heard the Don talk, "Abbacchio, Fugo, stand down." After having given his order, they sat back down but were still watching me intensely, ready to attack.

"Come on Giorno, let me take care of her!" Whined the black-haired boy, at this point there was a truly murderous intent and I did not feel an ounce safe. I glanced at the man named Bucciarati, he was deep in thoughts, as if trying to read my mind. Earlier he was kind enough to stop Mista from being annoying, hopefully he'd explain the situation. "Narancia, let Bucciarati take care of it." Said the Don with a relaxed tone, a glass of wine in hand while leaning on his other hand on the table as the man named Bucciarati got up and started walking towards me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 494 9
You are (Y/n) (L/N), you were born in Italy in the city of Naples and raised there. Your life was a luxurious one living a wealthy life but you never...
164K 2.7K 55
"Take one more step and I won't hesitate to shoot you" I say, still aiming the gun at him "Then shoot, I dare you" he says taking a step closer to m...
14.6K 745 14
"You think you can take her away from me?....Touch her and you'll be begging for death the next minute" -------- "Get your filthy hands away from my...
238K 5.7K 79
53 Chapters. (Completed) I pushed her back and she landed on the bed with a slight bounce. She swallowed hard and her right hand shot up to her stoma...