Impact Zone (JJ Outerbanks)

By samwulfgang

Outerbanks AU in which a treasure hunt never happened but Big John remains lost at sea. Kodi Johnson, a wan... More

1. Low Tide
2. Uprush
3. 180 Spin
4. Joey the Poguie
5. Truth or Dare
6. Alongshore
7. Alongshore 2.0
8. Barrier Beach
9. Hidden Horizon
10. Rif Raf
11. Moving Along
12. Goodbye, Mate
14. Boneyard Crash
15. Clear Waters
16. High Tide
17. Sting like a Jellyfish
18. Calm Waters
19. Breaking Waves
20. Moonlit Wave
21. Rocky Waters
Bed Head

13. Odds

1.8K 22 9
By samwulfgang

The next morning, me, Dad, and Luke to the ferry to the mainland to drop him off for his flight. Believe me when I say I had tears rolling down my face the whole time. As Luke walked towards his flight, I ran up and hugged him harder than I ever thought I could hug someone. 

Have you ever wanted something so much that you'd given anything in the world to have it? I didn't know whether or not I wanted time to stop so I could him longer, or if I could just keep him in my arms forever. Ok, maybe I am a clingy koala. 

Luke has been an anchor for me in life. I feel like I'm floating away from my sanity without it. Gosh, I'm dramatic, I know. 

"Kodi, I'm gonna be late for my flight if you don't let go soon," Luke said as he pried me off. 

"I can't believe you're leavin' me with this ankle bitter," Dad says from behind me. "I'll be sad to see ya go, but happy to see you there." He smiled. 

We headed back, avoiding looking behind us because I knew I would beg dad to turn us around. 

The house was quieter than usual. I walked around, no Luke singing on the deck. No Luke munching on food in the kitchen. No Luke snoring in his room next to me. 

He really was gone.  I needed to get out of this house for a bit given, it's been the only place I've stayed at for the past few days. 

I headed over to the chateau hoping someone would be there. It would be really embarrassing if I showed up and no one was there. 

Walking up to the door, I hesitated to knock. Hoping to hear a noise, something to tell me that someone was there. I heard a slight giggle coming from what I'd assume the backyard, maybe? I decided to knock. Seconds, go by and I heard someone coming towards the door. 

"Kodi! Where have you been??" John B opens the door with a smile, picking me up in a hug. He dragged me inside with him to the back porch where he, Pope, and JJ were drinking beers. JJ, with a joint in his hand. 

"I thought Kie told you?" I said, grabbing a beer for myself. Unexpectedly, JJ immediately rose when he saw me and pulled me in for a hug. 

"Missed you, Joey," 

"dUdE, not a thing." He really is, now, the only person who calls me that. Next up was Pope who pulled me in for a quick, slightly awkward, side hug. What a loveable door. 

"Kie told us you would be spending a few days with your brother, we just didn't expect to see you during the time." I nod in understanding. "Sorry about your brother." John B said, patting my back. 

"So catch me up, what's happened while you're favorite person was gone?" I joked. 

"Not much... well... there is something I guess." John B says. 

"Out with it, mate," I say. 

"Ok ok, but you can't tell Kie, not yet at least." Hm... suspicious. I nod. 

"So you know how I work for the Camerons?" He starts. 

"You work for the Camerons? Like Sarah Cameron?" JJ and Pope laugh, I must be a little behind on everything. 

"Yeah, I do. Well, over the past few days, I've been hanging out with Sarah. She's honestly not that bad!" John B starts. I honestly never knew what to think of Sarah, only what to think of her boyfriend and her brother. 

"So... basically what he's saying is... he's backing on Sarah Cameron," JJ smirks, taking a hit. Oh shit. I raise my eyebrows at John B. 

"What are the chances, Sarah Cameron would leave her kook boy toy for a dweeb like you?" I tease. 

"I'd say the odds are quite high." John B says after testing the wind on his finger covered in saliva and beer. I just chuckle at him. 

"So why does everyone know except, Kie?" I ask. 

"Well... Kie and Sarah haven't really gotten along. She doesn't like to tell the tale either." I could tell they didn't even know. So I left it like that. 

"So are you two dating now are something?" Moving the conversation back on track. 

"Well... I wouldn't say dating...I think she's still technically with Topper." 

"Wait, hold on, what?" I am severely confused. 

"Basically, lover boy over here is still being chased by DCS to go into foster care, Sarah became his knight in shining armor, one thing led to another and..." JJ explains. He turns his back and pretends to be making out with a girl. We all giggle.

"Not quite there, chief. Yes, Sarah helped me hide from DCS for a bit. She and Topper apparently got into a fight over something and she wanted to get out of town. So, we went to the mainland and shopped around." John B thoroughly explains. 

"Ohhhhh how cute!!!" I squeal jokingly. "John B and Sarah, kissin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I sing, Pope and JJ burst out laughing while John B blushes. "Did anything else happen?" I say, waiting for more gossip. 

"Well, when we got back, it was pouring rain and we agreed to go back to our own lives. I just... wasn't ready to act like none of it had happened. And we ... "He scratched the back of his neck. I know he's embarrassed to go into so much detail. Why can't boys gossip too? 

I can only imagine the end of his spontaneous date though... 

"Well, as much as I don't really like her either, if she makes you happy I support it." I smile. 

"Oh shit, dude look at the time. We gotta get the keg for the boneyard ready." JJ pops up. 

"Boneyard?" I ask. 

"Oh yeah, there's another boneyard party for the new tourist in town. You comin'?" JJ asks. I nod. 

"We're gonna go get the keg. You guys stayin' here?" John B asked, looking at me and Pope. 

"Yeah,  we'll wait for Kie. She said somethin' about coming here when she gets off work," Pope said. Speaking of Kie... I got a lot to ask you, Pope. The two boys nod and leave. I immediately turn to Pope. 

"You and Kie. Talk to me." He sighs, clearly annoyed. 

"Why does everyone think I have something for Kie?" He asks. 

"Ok ok, let's just cut the bullshit. I'm not telling anyone. I'm not judging you. I can just see that's it's bothering you, keeping it all bottled up inside." I look at him, trying to sound as genuine and trusting as possible. 

"I admit, I love Kie. But as a friend. Could there be feelings farther than that? Maybe. I just don't want to find that out and possibly lose her in the process." He says, looking down at the ground. 

"You don't know that until you try!" I hype him up. 

"Kodi, there's a rule for a reason. If the rule wasn't there, I bet you our friend dynamic would not be the same and I know how much it means to Kie to keep it that way." Pope looks me straight in the eyes. I know to back down. 

We hear a car honking in the front yard. 

"That must be Kie..." I say as we both get up. there's clearly some tension between me and Pope since I brought it up. He's mad. Oh god, now I feel guilty. We go out to meet Kie. 

With a smile plastered on her face, Kie jumped out of the car. 

"Who's ready for the Boneyard Bash!!!!" 

                        cutie... :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.3K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
1.1M 29.9K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
1.9M 86K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
557K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...