City Boy (TodoBaku)

By _Calv_Haii

At his final attempt, Enji Todoroki created his 'Perfect' creation. A dual quirked user that was forced to be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Sadness
Chapter 2: Dull
Chapter 3: Betrayal
Chapter 4: New kid
Chapter 5: Art Class
Chapter 6: Interest
Chapter 7: Words can Cut
Chapter 8: No Love Interest
Chapter 9: Fight
Chapter 10: Someone Else
Chapter 11: Wonders
Chapter 12: unhero-like
Chapter 14: Confidence
Chapter 15: Haunted House
Chapter 16: Trigger
Chapter 17: Sorry
Chapter 18: Pain
Chapter 19: Concern
Chapter 20: Cool Down
Chapter 21: Sorry for being me
Chapter 22: You Should Be Sad
Chapter 23: Can I Die?
Chapter 24: You're you....
Chapter 25: Cuddle Weather
Chapter 26: ...Talk
Chapter 27: Another Perspective
Chapter 30: Too Easy
Chapter 31: I'm Not Dead
Chapter 32: Worn out
Chapter 33: One Tragic Day
Thank you!!!!
Chapter 28: Try Having Friends
Chapter 34: I Want You Back
Chapter 35: Evidence.
Chapter 29: Human Heroine
Chapter 36: Is he.... Him?
Chapter 37: Save Shoto
Chapter 38: Quiet Chaos

Chapter 13: Shine

2.2K 84 200
By _Calv_Haii

Shoto Todoroki's Point of view:

I don't get it.  Why?  I feel so.... isolated.  Like I no longer can blend with anyone.  People stay away from me because I'm too "perfect". They only notice my outside, forced talents and my quirk.  No one dares to fight nor talk to me.  It'd be weird if someone did.

No one allowed me to be their actual friend that they can talk normally to. To them I'm just this "model" or statue.  I'm like someone that's unreachable.  I couldn't have friends except for online ones where I could conceal my identity.

Glass door opened for me. 2 guards assisted my way back to the hotel.  It was just a damn measly 2 minute walk to the hotel. I walked faster until a crowd of people stormed around.  "What if......" I mutter and hide from the guards.  I walked with the people and got on a ride. I still had currency from this country luckily.

I walked around the busy streets of this country and met a few people. The sun lingered through the sea. People gave weird looks towards me, Maybe because I'm a Japanese in a foreign country?

I came across a market and it was kinda packed. I went to this street vendor kinda place.  She had curly white hair and a few wrinkles danced around get fave as she smiled for me. "What can I get you?  Can you understand me? "She asked.

"O-Oh,  yes.  I'd like to purchase this" I pointed to a food and she smiled.  She nodded and handed me it. I decided to go extra and gave her an extra 100. I felt generous today. Maybe since it was the cold breeze?  I had coffee earlier.  Maybe that triggered something?  She thanked me since I didn't let her refuse.

I looked at the number of bread I bought..... I think I went over board?  I rubbed my eyes and looked around.  Kids were playing in a playground. Swings were occupied and slides weren't used.  It was a metal one and it would burn if some one were to ride on it. I smiled when I saw kids trying to try and cool down the slide by putting amounts of water on it.

I sighed "Need help? ' I asked them. They were a group of 7.  4 boys and 3 girls. They were weirded at first maybe since I was a stranger and had a damn expensive ass attire but they nodded when they saw I was young and looked like a teen.

I placed a hand on the metal inclined plane and begin to add frost on the hard material.  Their eyes flowed with sparkles. I chucked and asked them "is this temperature fine by you? " as they touched the slide they nodded and smiled. They thanked me and I left. I sat at a bench beside that area.

Suddenly there was a touch on my arm. I looked down and it was the kids from earlier.  "Um...hello, what are you doing here? " a girl asked.  "Oh...I just needed some air.  I was pretty busy earlier" I say. They nodded and then the guy that wore a white tank top said while pointing to one guy and girl "They wanted me to tell you for them to...say that you looked handsome" he chuckled.

I smiled and said "Thank you....ummm why?" I titled my head.  They then blush a bit.  "W-well you look really attractive and... " the girl said and the boy continued "-and you you're nice." He said. "It wasn't much what I did" I said until a voice yelled knowing very well it's one of my classmates since they yelled in Japanese.

"There you are! " yelled a blue haired male with glasses. I groan and the boy asked "What's wrong?" "Oh...just that I need to go now" I say. Iida tapped my shoulder and said "Let's go! Everyone's looking for you. Why did you even wander off?" He asked.  "Is he your friend?" Asked the other kid in a skirt.

"I wouldn't really say that. He isn't even close to me" I say and iida then shook his hand in front of me. "Don't ignore me" he said. "Lumayas ka na nga" I mutter. (Just leave ugh).
I rolled my eyes and he then pulled me.  I then pull my hands away and said goodbye to them. "Bye little ones" I said and walked away. Iida then asked "do you even know the way back? " he asked.

"Yup..." I whisper.  "I would appreciate if you speaked up" he said.  I roll my eyes and didn't bother looking at him.  I saw an old lady by the lamp post.  She was laying on a cardboard pile. Oh no, she looks hungry.  She was clutching her stomach and begging for food. Iida grabbed my arm and said "I said stop ignoring me.

I walk past him and bought a water bottle from a vendor by him. I paid and he asked "why do I bother talking when you don't even talk to me" he said and tugging on my shirt. I groaned and glare at him.  He stepped back and I approached the homeless woman.

She gave a sad look. "Here. You can have it.  After you eat you can go to this hotel nearby and say that your looking for me. My name's sho" I said and handed her the bag of food and water bottle. She nodded.  I decided to say sho only since if you say Todoroki or shoto they'd have a hard time hearing it or saying it in one go for them since they're not Japanese.

She thanked me while crying and held my hands thanking me properly. I nodded and smiled at her. I looked over at Iida and I saw him.... blushing? He blushed when I caught him staring. "Okay, bye." I said and she kept thanking me.

"A-are....did you really have to ignore me just to give those to her?" He asked . "Yes" I joked sarcastically and his cheeks reddened. "Your cheeks.... are you sick?" I asked. He looked at a car beside him that was parked and  looked at the glass window, seeing his own reflection. He held his face "Why are you...." he cut me off and said "It's nothing.  I'm fine"

I shrugged and then he held my arms.  I winced and he gave a questioning look but didn't question it.  He then applied hand sanitizer on my hands. "Since that woman had germs on her hands and touched you,  you need to disinfect" he said. "That's actually pretty rude for the lady, it's not her fault she can't have a regular life and home" I said saddened.

"Ah..sorry" he said and looked down.  He spoke "now rub your hands to spread the sanitizer" I roll my eyes and said "You do it." And his face heat up and placed his hands on mine and started massaging my hands. What?! What's he doing?  Doesn't he know what a joke is? I know it's coming from me and all but my sarcasm was actually spot on for once.

He added more of the gel and played with my hands. I could tell he was shaking. "Um.... that was a joke...."I mutter. He then blushed more and said "I just wanted to be thorough,  you might not scrub in deeply" he said averting his eyes. "....right" I mutter and asked "aren't you gonna let go?" And he then practically throw my hands away.

He said "let's go back. I don't remember where I went" he said. "Sure" until a certain ash-blonde yelled "OI! What the fuck" and came stomping our way. "Yes, bakugou? What is it? " I asked.

"Why were you two holding hands and shit" he growled at iida. "It was nothing let's go" I said and then he pulled my hand. Our hands were intertwined and he was also blushing.  "What's with you people?  Are you all sick?" I asked and the 2 became red again. "Do I have to call a doctor? " I ask. "It's not needed" said iida.

"Okay...." I said dragging the "y" and let Katsuki hold my hand as we walk back. We arrive and saw that there were more security guards around or hotel. I forgot this is also my hotel since dad owns it...

Everyone looked at me and began staring. Suddenly Mr. Aizawa walked pass the men and asked "Where were you?!??! We were worried sick!" He yelled. I tilt my head due to his voice and he noticed yet didn't even bother changing his tone.

"...Where the hell did you go? Answer me?" He demanded. "No where." I said. "Then can you explain to me why we couldn't track your phone and why you didn't bother responding to our messages? " he glared. I took out my phone and tapped the power button. Nothing came up and said "It's dead" and dead panned at him.

He growled and said "if your phone's not charged don't go walking around.  Your guards said you were gone when a crowd blocked their view. So you wanted to escape, didn't you? " he said harshly..

People were looking at us.  He was... humiliating me?  Hmm....is this the skinny version of endeavor? I chuckled at the thought.  "And why are you laughing?" He asked. "Oh nothing...I just find humor in serious situations" I said.

"You think this is funny?  We could lose our jobs if one kid got lost from a trip" he yelled.....shit sorry. What the hell's wrong with me?! Why do I do that?! I'm so gonna get....tortured.

Katsuki and Iida were looking at me concerned. Present mic came and calmed down mr. Aizawa. "Sorry kid.  He's just a bit cranky.  Get inside before night falls" he said and motioned for us to go inside. I looked around and people were looking at us. Even strangers.  I groaned and rolled my eyes. I walk past the guards and they tried to talk to me but i walk past them.

You see what happens when you try doing good? You see what happens when you try being happy?

NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS!!!

You're always getting into trouble!

You pathetic excuse of an aspiring hero. We're already telling you to stop talking and never did anything.  Be a statue of that'll benefit the whole world! You're nothing but an insolent fool.

I enter the halls and walked inside the metal elevator.  I clench my fist in a ball hiding my frustration towards myself. Katsuki caught up immediately. Why does he have to come. The doors closed and I pressed "7" to my floor. Silence consumed us not until he spoke "Hey, don't be upset about what aizawa said. He's just sleep deprived." He looked at me while nudging my arm.

The sudden touch made me shiver and jerk away. He gave a confused look but noticed my arms clenched and held my hand. "Hey, Are you alright," he showed concern in his eyes but it soon turned to confusion and empathy. I feel water run down my cheeks.

I touched it and they were tears. "Hm..... weird" I mutter. "I'm fine. Don't mind it" I said and wiped my tears. The doors opened and I immediately run to my room. I unlocked the door and entered through wooden door.  I slammed it close and slid down the door. I held my face and soon all the tears come steaming down.

"You stupid mother fucker! You just had to ruin everybody's day, don't you? You always manage to screw up and be an arrogant fucking trash" I said to myself thinking it was all in my head. The voice of endeavor was used. In that sentence and I clutched my shirt and begin pounding my chest as the throbbing feeling of guilt and sadness envelop me.

I tighten the grip and cried. I felt chocked and strangled. There was this lump in my throat that I just couldn't handle. I cried out the pain but that lump kept getting bigger until I suffocate again. I coughed harshly and begin pounding the wall. A knock was present on the door and I heard panting and a deep voice.

"S-shoto? Are you alright? Hey, can you open up?" He asked. I remained quiet until he said "I heard you crying. Don't think I didn't hear that.  I won't go until you open this door" he said while knocking harder.

The door knob struggled to keep the door locked and I just had a panic attack.

Bang

Bang

Bang

The doors....it was broken. Father destroyed it. He grabbed me and clutched onto my arm and digging his nails in me gaining more cuts. He strangled my neck and threw me on the wall....hard.

"Shoto!! Shoto!? Are you alright in there? I can hear your breathing" katsuki said as he bang on my door. I reached for the knob but felt the weak. I was able to turn the knob enabling to to unlock. Katsuki opened the door and fucking hit me with it.

"Sorry! Shoto, what happened?!" He asked. "Shut up?!" I groan. And he pulled me up. "What happened?" He asked. I shrugged and tried to get up but my damn head hurts.  I look around and saw my bag. I pull my head up and bakugou just looked panicked at my state. I pull myself up once more and go to my luggage and open the orange container and drank my damn pills.

I lay on the bed and put an arm over my eyes.  The lights start to hurt my eyes now but it won't last. I felt the bed shift and a weight was present beside me.  "Hey,  what happened? " concern laced over his words. "Were you in pain?  What happened?  Why were you crying? " he begin to flood me with questions.

"Can you please quiet down" I say and he remained quiet for once. I felt the bed shift again. I felt a hot breathe on my neck and shoulder. I lift my arm a bit too see katsuki putting his arm around my chest and his eyes closed.  Did he seriously just sleep next to me?

I sighed and looked at the door.  It was closed and my bag was on the floor. I felt the warmth of his body temperature rise in his face from what I could tell with my quirk. "So you're still awake huh? " I ask.  He asked "how'd you know? " and I started "I can feel the heat signatures rise from your cheeks" and it became hotter.

"What's wrong?  Earlier iida did the same thing?  What does that mean? " I ask.  "I-i..." he then closed his mouth and snarled "just go to sleep. " avoiding my question. I sighed and took my phone. I start to Google it since I'm curious. "What're you doin'?" He asked hearing the typing from the keyboard of my phone.

"Googling what I asked you".... He then looked up at me with a red face as I start to read...... "hmm it means you're either sick.... or embarrassed? Why are you two embarrassed?  I asked him earlier and he said he wasn't sick so... why are you two embarrassed?" I ask and saw a new source.

I clicked on it and it said " it said that it could mean they're blushing.. from embarrassment of.... having a liking to someone they like..... so..... does that mean...." I look at him and then his ears were red. "Kastuki... do you like...iida?" I ask. He then face palmed and said "Let's talk tomorrow dumb ass." And began to sleep.

I sighed and start to feel drowsy.  Soon the darkness enveloped me.

................ (Time
Skip.    17 hours later)

Luckily I was allowed to wander of even when I made aizawa mad. He told me that I should bring someone with me.  Good thing I had katsuki with me. "Let's go?" I ask him. He nodded and we exited the building and went to my car. My driver was there and I'm excited to meet luke. His father's American hence his name's quite English.

"So, where did ya meet this guy again?" Katsuki asked. "Hm.. I have this secret account on Instagram... I post random at stuff and get began giving me a lot of direct messages. I studied his language and we talked.
He paid me to do some of his like portraits for his home" I said and he nodded.

"Is he like.... nice?" He asked. I nodded and said "He's actually the only one that knows what I am as a whole." I said and smiled. "So... kinda like me?" He asked while nudging me. He had this hopeful and proud glimmer in his eyes. ".... you're not even halfway" I mutter.

He frowned and said "How many secrets do you have? I only know is that you cut-" I cut him off and said "Seriously?" I glared. He gave a questioning look and I motioned towards my driver.  He nodded and said "Sorry." I rolled my eyes.

What is it with him? Does he want to get close to me?  But why is he sometimes insensitive? I grabbed my airpods and put them in my ears as I played my playlist.  It started with "Haru wo Tsugere" it's actually a fun song and I love how it's really catchy.

It's song is like on of the songs from Astro, a kpop group. It's really lively and I just like how there's a sudden adrenaline rush when you hear it from your headset.

((Don't Hate other genres and don't hate Kpop just because it's either over rated or its fandom is toxic.  Remember that BNHA's fandom is quite toxic as well and also be open to everything. Just because the internet says Kpop is trash doesn't mean it is.  Respect every genre and don't hate.))

Katsuki was looking at me and was humming something. I stop the music and he said "I can hear your music..." and I shrugged. It soon ends and the next song is "Orange Juice" by Melanie Martinez. She's one of my top artists since her songs tells about serious topics that no other artists dare to do and she deserves more recognition than the others.

She also has a unique voice and quite catchy songs with soft melodies. "What is that?" He asked. "It's English.. it's a song about body shaming and it tells a story where your body's perfectly imperfect and you shouldn't change it for other people's criticism" he only nodded and asked me ".. how come you didn't answer shinso's question about your staying abroad? " he asked.

"....." I looked away and I could see his face from my peripheral vision.  He gave a concerned look.  He nudged me and I didn't move.  The rest of the trip was silent and then that broke because the driver opened the window to let his voice be heard by us.  "We're here sir" and unlocked the door.  I got out and Katsuki followed.

I feel dumb for ignoring him even though I was the one that asked him to join me. I just can't tell him..... yet.
I saw the familiar Luke on a table with a friend of his.  "Seems like they're here. Bye now" said the unfamiliar blonde.

"Hey,  who was that? " I asked him soaking in his language.  "Oh just a fried of mine.  He works here but his shift just ended" he said his tone kinda sad.  "Let me guess...... a new crush? " I asked. He blushed and I chuckled.  "How did you like someone? " I ask confused.  He chucked and noticed the person beside me.

"Who might this be? " he asked. "Just a friend.  His name's Katsuki Bakugou" and he nodded. Katsuki gave a confused look. I whisper to him "I'm just introducing you to him" I say. He nods. "So he's not like your BF or something, " he asked.  "Now but he's the only one close to being as a friend.  There's also another guy,  Shinso Hitoshi. But he 'likes' me which is weird" I said.

He face palmed. "I told you to stop batting yourself up and accept that your really handsome.  Dude,  remember how I don't know you and tell you how hot you are?" He asked. I nodded. "But-" I said until he cuts me off. "No buts...het Katsuki" he calls him. I nudge katsuki and he gave a confused and questioning look.

"He called you" I mutter. "Can you tell me if someone has confessed to dear shoto here?" He asked. I sighed I had to say what he said to katsuki so they can communicate. "He said that hey and can you tell me if someone has confessed to me yet." And he nodded but laughed.

Katsuki raised 10 fingers. "Okay 10..." stated luke. Katsuki repeated the action twice again. "So 30?" Asked luke. I translated and katsuki nodded but raised 8 fingers. Luke gasped "38?!?!' I translated and katsuki nodded to him. "How do you keep track of that? " I ask him. He shrugged but I saw him blush....why?

Katsuki Bakugou's Point of View:

This dumb ass really doesn't get it. I'M FUCKING JEALOUS AND COUNT HOE MANY RIVALS THAT I COME ACROSS! HE MISTAKED ME INTO LIKING THE DAMN SONIC BOI BUT I FUCKING LIKE HIM.

Luke gave me a confused look after shoto translated what he asked me and my response to him which was just a shrug. He raised a brow and I glared at him. He playfully rolled his eyes and looks at Shoto. I could tell he likes him but he's hiding it.
Wht is everyone I meet my enemy?! Everyone likes fucking shoto!

"Icyhot, you sure he's only a friend? " I nudge him. "Yeah,  why do you ask?" He asked me. I said "I think he likes you" I say and he laughed. Wait? He laughed? I made him laugh? Yessss. I smirk at luke feeling proud that I made him laugh. They then start to talk to each other.  "He told me that he feels like I'm unsung your territory.... and by territory he means me" icy hot said.

I blushed a little and then that bitch smirked. Sho then asked him and they converse again. "I asked him what he meant by me being territory and he said that I'm like your husband of boyfriend or something" he said confused.

"He really is dense" I say to luke. Shoto translated and he nodded a bit one. Sho then translates what he said embarrassed "If you only knew was what he said" suddenly luke speaked in Japanese. "Mwahahhahaha, I can understand you fuckers" he said grinning. "You literally could've saved us the effort and speak in our language" I said annoyed and grumbled.

A waiter went through our conversations while flashing a smile at my Todoroki. "What can I get you sir? " she asked in Italian. "The fuck they talkin' about? " I ask. Luke spoke "Getting our orders and probably flirting with shoto" and Then I glare at that bitch.

Shoto handed us what the waiter handed him which was a stack of menus. I took a cappuccino and icyhot got a caramel macchiato and luke got a damn strawberry pink drink. He's a bottom, I can confirm.
"So shoto, do you trust em?" He pointed towards me.

He shrugged and said "TS" and he nodded. "The heck's TS?" I groan. "Trust issues" luke said. Shoto glared at him but sighed "Sorry" he apologized. "Oh don't be.  He just had very bad anxiety and can't trust anybody. Except me,  right babe? " he joked.

Shoto raised a brow. "The...what?" He asked confused. "When were we a couple? " he asked. "Forever bitch" he  joked. "Kay he's weird" I say. He rolls his eyes and says to Shoto "Do you want to trust him?" And he nodded slowly. "Kay I'll talk for you if you feel talking about uncomfortable topics.... and as for you-" he pointed at me.

"What?" I snarl. "He's being considerate enough to try and trust you.  Don't ever break it.  Unless you want the wrath of shoto here to get unleashed. " he says. I have a confused look and Luke muttered "you don't want to know what he's like when he's angry.  He put someone in a hospital when someone harassed his sister" and grinned.

"He had it coming to him,  if he couldn't keep it in his pants then it's his fault that he's a lust crazed animal" said shoto. "Whatever, I thought you were the calm and collective type" I said.

"Oh he is, he just don't want anyone hurting anyone that he cares about, aren't I right big softy " he teased shoto. I nodded and our orders were given to us. Shoto's cup how ever had a note attatched at the bottom. "What's this?  Numbers..." he looked at the digits. 

Luke snatched it away and looked at it.  "Hmmm someone again revived someone's phone number" he grinned. Icyhot ruled his eyes and said "Again, maybe it wasn't for me or maybe she put it on by accident. "Seriously, dipshit? No one mistakes where they put their numbers to one of their interests. " I say and he just looked confused and looked down.

"Why does he keep doing that?" I whisper at luke. He shrugged his shoulders and tapped shoto's shoulder. "Hey, are you overthinking again?" He asked while tilting his head. I scoffed and thought "I feel annoyed. How come he knows him more than me. I already know that he self harms!"

I glare at luke's hand that was placed on icyhot's shoulders. "...k-kinda" he whispers. He took a sip of his drink and glances at me. "Is it about katsuki?" He asked sho. "....maybe" he says. Luke then looks at me. "You better apologize or he might never talk to you again" he smirked.

"What should I apologize for? I didn't say anything bad he's just dumbass" I hissed and then todoroki fucking looked away from me. What's wrong with him? "Hmm.... did you really want to get close to him?  So you even know anything deep about him? " he starts asking me.

"Duh! I know a lot than you!"  I yell. No one's here so I can yell all I want. "Then what do you know about him? " he grinned. "That he fucking has PTDS or some shit and he cuts!" I yell. Suddenly icyhot stands up harshly and runs to the bathroom. "What's wrong with him?" I ask. "You're seriously dumb.  How could you tell that! " luke hissed as he runs to the bathroom.

I sat there confused and looked as he runs in the bathroom.  When he owned the door I heard hard breathing and ice covered the walls.

What's happening?

Word Count: 4505

**intentional misspell on PTSD

Btw, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the support. If you only know the amount of serotonin that my brain produces every time I see a supportive comment. Thank you since once in my life I was greeted in the morning by positivity and along the day I was always asked how I was doing and asking me to tell my own problems.

Thank you so much. Even when I was about to sleep I saw a comment and that just made my mind put into ease when I slept. _Somteul_ theholocat, Emmamariesutherland, Jaden58, AbieKinney, and the rest that commented, I just want you to know how deep the messages have impact me and also I screenshot every nice comment and some I print out just to help my own issues.💖💖💖💖💖 Thank you!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4K 18
While fighting one of the nomus, Torodoki Shoto was struck by an age changing quirk, turning him into a little child, with the effects lasting for 14...
1.6K 138 13
"I had everything... I had everything but the thing that, deep down, I wanted the most... I wanted to die." Not all wars are tangible. Shoto Todoroki...
34K 2.3K 69
[Please spare your eyes the agony of reading this abomination of a story. I wrote this forever ago and had no idea what I was doing.] Empty. Shoto To...
39K 1.8K 37
Beneath the indifference plaguing Todoroki's personality lies the dark, unforgiving truth he conceals. When the abuse that he's suffered for years be...