Smitten Anyway

By Gayatrikothuri

Angelina and Jacob may like or strongly dislike each other but they are smitten anyway. ***** Drew is Angelin... More

About The Book
Achievements
My Interview
Cast
Chapter 1 : First Day Drama
Chapter 2 : The Drama Continues...
Chapter 3 : Retaliation
Chapter 4 : Let The War Begin Part 1
Chapter 5 : Let The War Begin Part 2
Chapter 6 : Fraternizing With The Enemy
Chapter 7 : Hate Is A Very Strong Word
Chapter 8 : Untamed Night
Chapter 9 : Revelations Part 1
Chapter 10 : Revelations Part 2
Chapter 11 : Maybe History Is Repeating Itself
Chapter 13 : Google Can Never Fail Me
Chapter 14 : Our Bonding Is More Important
Chapter 15 : Prank War And Cell phones
Chapter 16 : Truce
Chapter 17: New Beginnings
Cover and Banners
Chapter 18: I Will Always Love You
Chapter 19: Sleepover
Chapter 20: Jealousy
Chapter 21: Anything For You
Chapter 22: Business Party
Chapter 23: Dad's Baby Girl
Chapter 24: Our Own Always
Chapter 25: Dating Within Friend Group is Awful
Chapter 26: Crazy Is The New Normal
Chapter 27: Hyping Up The School Spirits

Chapter 12 : Clubs And Cheerleading Tryouts

94 37 29
By Gayatrikothuri

Read the Author's Note at the end of this chapter.

*****

Jacob's POV

5 minutes to go
.
.
"Now integrate this equation on both sides."
.
.
4 minutes to go
.
.
"Then take x to..." I tune him out totally. How can someone solve these equations for more than 1 hour?! I am really good at calculus but that doesn't mean I will keep solving equations continuously.
.
.
2 minutes to go
.
.
Don't they know that for productive learning we should study in short intervals of time with short breaks between them?
.
.
30 seconds to go
.
.
I hope they have pizza today.
.
.
10 seconds to go
.
.
Freedom here I come!
.
3
2
1
.
Ring...

Half of the people in the class including me are already out before the teacher could even utter the word homework.

"I guess there is no homework for you all today." I hear him say under his breath.

I stifle a laugh and get out of there before he can change his mind. When I stop at my locker I notice Anne passing by and sigh. At the starting of the class I was contemplating apologizing. Though the look she sent me when we accidentally made eye contact was enough to chicken me out.

She is talking to her friends at her own locker. I really wish I could make things right. That night when we talked it felt really good but like the fool I am, I ruined it.

Man up and apologize to her!

But she hates me!

At least try you idiot!

She will punch me before I can even speak and if not her then one of her friends.

Suit yourself.

I sigh and decide to go to the cafeteria. Maybe after lunch when she is in a good mood I can apologize.

"Hey Wilson wait up!" I turn to see a boy whom I have never met before making his way towards me. Am I that famous?

"Hey..." I finish awkwardly since I don't know his name.

"Adrian, I am the in - charge of Astronomy club." Okay but I never asked...

"Oh hello Adrian, nice to meet you." I say not being able to think of anything else.

"I heard you are interested in our club so I approached you to give the details." Wait what?

"And I also heard you are interested in the literature, math and computer club as well. It's really great that someone is willing to join so many clubs, you must be really interested in learning different things..." He drones on but I can only think that I never told anyone I am interested in any club.

"Hey can I ask how you got to know?"

"Rosie is always kind enough to tell us names of people who are interested. She is a sweetheart." I notice the three girls glancing in our direction and giggling. So she decided to retaliate. Guess apologizing is out of the window now. I can only save myself and my reputation from her now.

"Is there any problem?"

"Actually I was discussing about them with her in passing. Later I realized that I am interested in too many clubs when I checked the whole list. So I decided to take community service so I can help all of the clubs. She doesn't know about that yet so sorry." Joining one club doesn't matter and it will give me some popularity boost among the less social ones as well. And helping the community is just the bonus.

"Oh that's alright! It's really kind of you to join community service just so that you can help all the clubs." Adrian says beaming. Seems like it was a good move.

"Can you inform the others too who have gotten the wrong information?"

"Yeah sure, no problem." He says walking towards most probably the next person who is interested. I just hope this one is actually interested.

These girls are more cunning than we give them credit for. I notice they are still there but they appear confused. Well let's clear their confusion.

"Hey sunshine, Rose and Katie." I make an exaggerated move of making myself comfortable and lean next to her locker. If she hates me at least I can take enjoyment out of this. And seeing their looks of disbelief I can say I am quite satisfied.

"What are you doing here?!" She exclaims.

"Can't a guy just take a breather without being reprimanded?" I sigh exaggeratedly. "And while I was at it I thought it would be rude not to acknowledge you girls." I can see they are trying to not beat the sh*t out of me. That's why I approached them in the crowded hallway. They will not risk detention or suspension right?

When they don't say anything I turn to Rose. "By the way Rose it's bad to lie. Though don't worry I covered for you."

"What do mean by covering for me?"

I shake my head as if it's draining all my energy to explain this to them. "Well you told all the club in - charges that I am interested in joining their clubs. So I told Adrian that I am interested in too many clubs and have decided to I join community service club so that I can help all of them. He was really happy and didn't mind informing the others about it. Though I told him I discussed only half of it with you so you didn't know about my decision. You don't have to thank me."

"But aren't you lying as well." Katie points out.

"Who isn't at least interested in learning new stuff? I didn't say I was planning to join his club. And I am joining community service club and will help them." I retort. Anne is still fuming.

"By the way sunshine I won this round so a point for me." I say smirking knowing it will irritate her even more.

"I have 3 points Jacob." Is all she says. At least she said Jacob not asshole.

"The numbers can change." I shug. "Bye ladies." I can feel them glaring holes through the back of my head.

I keep whistling all the time as I make my way to our table. Some people give me weird looks but who cares. And they had pizza as well!

"Why are you in such a good mood?" Dasher asks me the moment I sit down.

"Don't make him go to that brooding state again Dasher." Dylan remarks.

"I do not brood!"

"Dude you were brooding since Sunday." He says snorting. He then looks over my shoulder and smiles at someone. I turn around to see that it's McCarthy.

"Why are you..." I start saying then stop when I see McCarthy making his way to Dylan. They start exchanging words. Then suddenly Dylan grins and then kisses him. What?

We and rest of the students in the cafeteria just stare at them while McCarthy's friends are cheering for them. One by one except a few, everyone starts clapping. Dasher and I also join them but share a look. It would have been nice to know our friend is in a relationship before everyone else. After taking their time when they finally finish kissing Dylan wraps an arm around now I guess Chris' waist. Can't be formal now I guess.

"Dasher, Jacob meet my boyfriend Christian." Dylan says grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey" We chorus. Chris smiles at Dasher but his expression turns flat when he turns towards me. Oh I can only guess why. I just hope our rivalry doesn't affect their relationship. He then says something in Dylan's ear and makes his way to his usual table. Guess they aren't sitting together.

"Nice of you to inform us about your relationship." I say.

"He had not come out yet so we were having a secret relationship which by the way just started on Saturday night. He just told me he came out to his friends so we can be together openly. Will you not kiss your significant other when you can finally be together with them?" He retorts. And I shrink back a little.

"Sorry I didn't think of it in that direction." I say tentatively.

"I can see where you are coming from but just know I had my reasons." He says and I nod.

"By the way we are happy for you and how did this happen? And how is he gay if he dated Anne?" Dasher asks.

"He is bi and actually the first person he told it to was Anne and she is the one who supported him to tell the others. As for our story..." He then proceeds to tell us about how he found Chris looking at him to how they flirted to the night of the party. That's quite a story.

I am glad the girls are at the cheerleading table to discuss the tryouts. I don't think Dylan would have gone into so many details if they were here especially Mia. We are civil just because she is Sophia's friend.

"Wow that's great. Happy for you Dyl." Dasher grins. "And maybe now Chris can control your antics." He jokes and I laugh. Dylan playfully hits him on the shoulder. We talk a bit more while eating till the bell rings.

*****

Dasher dragged Dylan and I to the cheerleading tryouts so that he doesn't have to sit alone. And like the good friends we are, we agreed. I scan the group of girls for familiar faces. What I didn't expect was to meet familiar baby blues. That's when I remember that she was going to tryout.

I smirk and mouth best of luck. She just huffs and then turns around making me chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Dasher asks.

"Nothing" I say still watching Anne. She glances once in my direction, scowls when she sees I am still looking and then continues talking to her friends ignoring me.

"Stop messing with her Jacob." Dasher says following my line of sight.

"That's something I can agree with Dasher on. Just apologize to her and get it over with." Dylan says.

"I was contemplating it this morning but she decided to continue the prank war." Looking at their confused looks I continue. "She made Rose tell all the club in - charges that I am interested in joining their clubs."

"That's really smart of her. How are you still alive? I would have banged my head continuously on my locker." Dylan says letting out a whistle.

"Adrian from Astronomy club approached me so I told him I am interested in too many clubs so I will just join community service club and help all of them. He was literally beaming and agreed to tell the others about my decision." I answer smirking.

"Well at least now we know you have brains." Dasher remarks.

"If you have forgotten I am in AP Calculus and AP Chemistry." I retort.

"Okay Okay we get it, you are smart." Dylan says rolling his eyes.

"Hey look they are starting." Dasher says dragging our attention to the tryouts.

All the girls had stopped stretching and were now standing in lines. Sophia makes them do some basic exercises and some of the girls are already out.

Then she asks Emma to do some basic moves and asks the others to copy them. This goes on until ten of them are left. Anne, Katie and Rose do very well, more than I thought they would which makes me think why they didn't try before this year. And some juniors, sophomores and even a freshman did well too.

"Good job everyone, thanks for trying out this year. But we have only five spots in the team and three spots for backup. The results will be on the notice - board on Wednesday and practice will start from next week. The ones that will be selected would be given further instructions the first day of practice and that would be Monday." Sophia informs and then dismisses them.

We make our way to Sophia, Mia and Emma while discussing the tryouts. I notice Anne on her way out with her group. When I catch her eye I offer a grin and thumbs up. And this time she gives me a small smile and a nod.

Wow she actually smiled; maybe she doesn't hate me that much. Who am I kidding of course she hates me. She was just happy she did well in her tryouts. Speaking of hating me I need to think of some prank.

*****

Author's Note

Hello everyone 😄! How are you all? As many of you must have already seen my announcement or would have noticed *insert drum roll please* Smitten Anyway now has over 500 reads and 100 votes!!! Thank you to each and every one of you who decided my novel was worth their time. Each read, vote and comment is what keeps me going so again thank you. 💖

And I also mentioned in my other announcements that I am participating in some awards. *Fingers crossed* I was recommended to join these awards by some friends so thank you to them as well for supporting me and all the best for your own books. And I am going to create a new reading list which will contain my favorite ongoing books. So check it out and support these new upcoming authors.🔥

By the way rate Jacob on the scale of ten. Bet you don't dislike him that much now 😁.

Anyways I really hope you all like the story so far. Tell me your views about this chapter and have a nice day 🙃!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 484 58
There are three things Kaitlin should know: 1. Do NOT test the new bad boy 2. Do NOT keep in contact with the bad boy 3. And Do NOT and I repeat DO...
187K 5.3K 46
"Autumn" he says a bit louder, I couldn't resist his voice so I look up at him. "Do you think everything I have ever said to you and done with you is...
207K 15.5K 82
Featured in YARomance's 'Love-Hate' reading list as of 01/24/2022 Featured in TeenFiction's 'Funny Bones' reading list as of 09/23/2021 Featured in W...
478 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...