Mine {Book 1}| Completed

By Aesthetic_Books_25

I know it was wrong to kiss him. But I couldn't stop myself no matter what. He was my Stepbrother I know. But... More

Characters
Explanation from the Author
Prologue: Trapped In My Depression
Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion
Chapter 2: The Wedding
Chapter 3: More Than Just a Crush
Chapter 4: School
Chapter 5: Vixens
Chapter 6: Storming & Mom's House
Chapter 7: Washing Car
Chapter 8: The Movies
Chapter 9: Mandy's Party
Chapter 10: Gas Station & Mugged
Chapter 11: Bonfire
Chapter 12: The Forbidden Kiss
Chapter 13: It's Always Gonna Be April
Chapter 14: If Only
Chapter 15: Thanksgiving
Chapter 16: 27 Straws
Chapter 17: Tell Me You Want Me
Chapter 18: Secret Us
Chapter 19: Café Shop/ Christmas Shopping
Chapter 20: Christmas
Chapter 21: Unforgettable
Chapter 22: April
Chapter 23: New Years Eve Ball
Chapter 24: You Are Mine
Chapter 25: The Game
Chapter 26: I Saw You!
Chapter 27: Are We Over?
Chapter 28: You Don't Know Me Anymore
Chapter 29: Slumber Party!
Chapter 30: What's Happened To Us?
Chapter 31: Shattered
Chapter 32: The Lake House
Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough
Chapter 34: Don't Underestimate Me
Chapter 35: Graduation
Chapter 36: Graduation Party
Chapter 37: Seventeen
Chapter 38: I'm Yours
Chapter 39: No Friend of Mine
Chapter 41: Welcome to Lovely Ladies
Epilogue
Author's Note: 💎
Dream Cast 🌹
Q&A with Author ☕️💋
Track List
Sequel in the Works
#Miners

Chapter 40: Tearing Us Apart

224 6 2
By Aesthetic_Books_25

Chapter 40: Tearing Us Apart

                        Third Person:

1:50PM

     In the James house while it was pouring rain. And it was storming. Colleen had gone out to the grocery store and she had returned getting the mail from their mailbox. There were two envelopes. One; was probably a financial bill and the other; was addressed to Edward James personally. She brought it in with her from the pouring rain.

   Colleen entered inside and she discovered Christopher went to Ty's before she got back. And Edward was doing some freshly work by trying to water and take care of Colleen's favorite plant that sits by the kitchen window. She came in, taking off her shoes and then hanging her coat up in the closet and then she put the envelopes on the table.

   "Hi dear," she greeted him when she came into the kitchen to find him.

  "So, I got a call from Max. And it looks like half of the other surgeons are now standbys. And he Max is a brain surgeon. And he just discovered this. So our bills might get lower. If so..." Edward's voice trailed off like he was worried.

   "Hey don't worry about it. Your probably their best surgeon there. So don't stress, honey. It's going to be okay. I promise. And luckily the house is not mortgaged." Colleen said with a proud smile.

     Outside the thunder roared. It was loud that the house's floor vibrates from it. Colleen had given Edward a kiss and they both stared out the window seeing the rain falling and the trees swaying with the wind.

   "So we alone?" Colleen asked.

   "Yeah, actually Christopher just left. You missed him by a few minutes. I'm surprised you didn't pass him. He went to Ty's who said he had some boxes for him." Edward told her, and Colleen kept that same smile on her face, and she stared proudly.

   "Well that gives us time to be alone. Our kids...they are a handful." Colleen laughed, and then she had embraced her arms around him and then she just pulled away with a sigh. "So I am going to make us both a lovely quiet lunch. The kids are gone. So..."

"Okay okay." He chuckled.

Colleen immediately was excited to have the house alone with Edward where it was peaceful and quiet since Emma and Christopher went to the lake house in Santa Maria. And it was finally a good time they could have alone time. And it's been quite a while since they have.

Colleen immediately started cooking in the kitchen to have lunch with him. Colleen moved the mail onto the little shelf by the house phone. And then she had just decided on getting out to make the salad which she is pretty good at. And Colleen was practically the chef in her childhood and teen years. However, Colleen had heard it storming outside. By the time it reached 2:20 she had fully cooked and Edward had the table set. And there was nicely flowing music.

And they had their nice cold homemade ice coffee. It was good for the heat Santa Monica was in. Regardless of the storm outside. It was still hot. A hot Indian summer, it seems. And of course their plates may have been filled with salad and tacos. Of course once they have sat down the only thing it was was nice silence.

  "I miss having days like this with you," Colleen had a cheer in her voice. And while outside, it was pouring like crazy.

  "Yeah, it's just been busy hours at the hospital. And you been at the office mostly everyday. Yesterday and today was the only day they let you off. No houses to show?" Edward had a small smile on.

  "No, they had Becky and Audrey showing most houses. They didn't need me today it seems." She laughed, and then took a drink.

     He had looked at Colleen like he found it great she didn't need to work. It's like their not so busy. And even when they are they check in plenty of times. And of course, Colleen took a bite into her taco. And then wiped her mouth with her napkin.

   "So," Edward began. "I saw the email from your doctors. And I wasn't snooping. But I accidentally ran past it. And they gave you the okay about being fertile. So... I was asking... are you...you know?"

    Colleen froze, and was a bit terrified of this. And it was only that she didn't think she was. She wasn't sure because she had some systems. She wasn't positive.

   "Edward, no I'm not. I had some symptoms of it. And so I went to the doctors and asked on advice if I could if I...or we planned to." Colleen responded.

   "Do you want to get pregnant? Is that what's... going on?"

   "I don't know. I would check with you before doing something. And the doctor and my Gynecologist said I'm perfectly healthy to... get pregnant if we were planning to."

     Edward could have had a bad influence on the whole situation since his last marriage with Rachel. It probably was an understatement. And it just was crazy beyond anything else. And of course, Edward just looked at Colleen thought that maybe she was thinking of it.

  "Why didn't you have more kids?" Colleen asked him when he was silent.

He cleared his throat. "Well I was 23 when Emma was born. And I guess Rachel and I never really discussed it. I think we might have talked about having another baby at one point. But it just never happened...I guess." He said, just going a bit into the salad that was in front of him.

   Colleen kept a happy smile right on her face, in spite of jealousy she has had, knowing of the chemistry Edward still has with his ex wife.

  "But what made you guys just want to have Emma?" She asked.

   "I don't know...I guess it just happened. Rachel woke up one day she just decided she wanted a baby." He said.

Edward knew he would speak the truth. And talking about Emma has been what he loves but not about his ex wife. He was married to her for nineteen years. And that's over a decade. And of course, Edward just likes the friendship he has to have with his ex wife due to having to share Emma with her still. But Edward isn't the type of man to just walk away from certain situations.

   "And you remember what that was like? When you first had her? Would you ever want anything quite like that?" Colleen asked, her face flushing.

  "I never actually sat down and thought about it. But do you wanna go through that process?" Edward arched a brow at her.

   She reached for his left hand. "Of course. I was teenage when I got pregnant with Christopher. We're still young and able to conceive. It's not a bad idea. Christopher is going off to college and soon Emma will be off to college as well. It's not so bad to want to make a baby."

    Edward smiled at her.

     "If that's what you want. I mean we'll just try." He said.

  Outside the thunder roared as loud as anything. And of course as the normal married couple, they talked and laughed. And of course, Colleen and Edward had finished lunch with the quiet except for the thunder interrupting. And then, they had cleaned up and washed the dishes. And of course by then, Colleen had deciding to go collect some laundry. It is a Saturday. And of course the moment Colleen took one of the empty baskets she had gone upstairs into Christopher's room seeing how empty and dead it was. Except for his bed and his book shelf. And his closet. The room had plenty of boxes. And she might have dropped tears on the floor with her hand on her heart, gasping in utter sadness.

It's hard to let your only child go off to college. But you have to remember Colleen was seventeen when she had Christopher. She was in her senior year of high school. Her birthday was that December of 2001. And she wasn't eighteen yet. And she was wasn't just a random girl who had a few hookups with one of the hottest jocks in her school in San Diego. It was definite of some romance sparking. And then wham! She ended up getting pregnant from a summer fling. And because she was pregnant her parents disowned her.

It was either abortion or leave. So she did living amongst the Greyson's for years. She lived there during her entire pregnancy. And she married the love of her life. And had her only child. Eleven years later lost her husband and then had an alcohol addiction. Got help from AA meetings and went to counseling while her son was a disturbed eleven year old. He kept getting expelled up until he was a sophomore in high school. But when he was twelve he was sent to a reform school for bad behavior. And obviously his experiences there keep him away from talking about the truth to Colleen.

She saw his curtains draped. She decided to go in his room completely trying not to cry or get emotional. She opened the window and allowed air into his room.

She had gone into his hamper and she had taken his clothes and placed his dirty laundry into the laundry basket she brought upstairs with her. And then she carried it out and went into Emma's room. And by then, Colleen had gone into Emma's hamper and just found her mini blue floral sundress and threw it into the laundry basket with a pair of her panties. And then she looked into her garbage bin and discovered a used condom.

Colleen knee about Edward wanting to read Emma's diaries because as a married couple they talked about it. And just as that was said would it be awful to know why there is a condom in her trash bin. A used condom for that matter. Colleen searched her entire drawer. Colleen felt awful about snooping and invading her stepdaughter's privacy. But it was to know what is going on.

She couldn't seem to spot any of her diaries. She looked underneath her bed in her book bag she owned. But then she opened her walk in closet, flicking on the light and discovering them way in the back on the top shelf hidden. There were four diaries. She tried finding her most recent written ones. And so she did.

She knelt on the floor in her closet, just flipping through some of the pages. Learning about how Emma's emotions really hurt her. And of course the marriage pained her. The divorce of her parents. And how Patrick was just a rebound for her. And learned about Emma's crush on Christopher the entire time. And learned of the sexual activity between her and Christopher. Colleen yelped about it and the diary fell out of her hand. And she took the other diaries and placed them back on the top shelf where they were except for the diary she read. And then she left out of the room with the laundry basket and she went downstairs.

When she got downstairs, Edward was sitting in the sitting room and he noticed that she looked dreadful.

"Col, what's wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Edward chuckled.

"Dear, there's something I think you need to know." She said, her voice gentle as anything.

Edward looked at her doubtfully. He began to open the other envelope that was addressed personally to him and had no return address or a stamp. It's like someone just stuck it in their mailbox. But who?

Once he opened it, ignoring her demand about something she rolled her eyes at him.

"Edward, did you hear me? Something awful has happened or is happening. Something we need to handle...together." She walked closer to him by the armchair.

"Sweetheart, your paranoid. Whatever it is... I'm sure it's not a big deal. We can handle it." He shook his head, and opened the envelope right away.

"Edward, please listen we have something we need to fix. And I think it's more important than some stupid bills right now!" She hollered but he had taken out Polaroid photos he thought was a prank but when he saw what it was he dropped them and he gasped and Colleen remained silent.

They both stared at each other in fear. And Colleen carefully went for it. Dodging for it before Edward did. They both were standing and saw the photos. It was photos of Emma and Christopher in her red mustang kissing. And another was them kissing outside of a movie theater. And another was them holding hands outside of an ice cream bar.

"Oh my god," Edward gasped as if this was the biggest shock he's ever seen. "Is this a joke?"

"Edward, the photos is confirmation. But there's something else. It's in Emma's diary. I think you should have a look and not to mention I found a used condom in her trash bin in her room."

Edward's mind went crazy. And just as crazy as it went he needed to breathe before he would lose it. Edward sat over on the sofa.

"It turns out our kids have been sleeping together for months it seems." Colleen elaborated.

"This is ridiculous. I can't...jesus." Edward bit his tongue before he would lose it.

Colleen sat right next to him to comfort him. And just crazy as it was Edward three the photos on the floor in a fit of an exploding rage, scaring Colleen that she jumped back from him with a gasp.

"No. No. No." He shot up and began pacing in the sitting room, with his arms folded.

"Darling, lets just talk about this." Colleen remained calm.

He chuckled at her like he was making in fun of her. His fierce intense gaze his shot her down.

"Colleen, our kids are having sex. What part of that don't you understand?" He hissed, dropping his hands at his sides but a rage of fury was there.

"Edward, we can talk about what to do. I'm sure we can solve this. But please don't get upset. You'll work yourself up. Just relax." Her voice was delicate, and her words usually would calm him. After every disagreement they've had or argued they had. It always helped. But of course this time it wasn't doing anything.

"Please Colleen be quiet for like ten minutes. I need to think." He sighed, and his eyes shut while he still was pacing making Colleen miserable dizzy watching him.

   It seemed much longer than ten minutes. But Edward said nothing. The first thing he did was take out a bottle of bourbon and poured it into a crystal glass. And he immediately just started to drown his anxiety and worries up.

    It eventually hit him and he digged in to find his GPS and he went into the coat closet grabbing jacket and then grabbing his car keys.

   "EDWARD!" Colleen shouted. "Please stop. Don't do this. Please don't."

   "COLLEEN! DON'T YOU DARE THINK OF LEAVING THE HOUSE! IN CASE EMMA SHOWS! UNDERSTAND. I'LL BE BACK." He hissed, heading towards the door that led out to the rain.

   "Where are you going?" She sobbed in fear.

   He turned facing her. "I'm going to get your son."

Panicked bared over her. "EDWARD, PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM!"

     He quickly left out of the house, and just as that he left, slamming the door in a rage. And he entered out in the pouring rain. Colleen released a sail of cries as she fell to the floor on her knees. The fear of Edward hurting Christopher scared her. It terrified her like crazy. And she found it completely impossible to breathe. She immediately was able to catch her breath, but it took time. She wiped her tears from her eyes. She took the polaroids off the floor and flipped them over on the coffee table. And she just took the laundry basket and put the clothes in the washing machine.

She cried so hard the floor might have drenched and she could drown in it. And she would support her husband. And she loved him. But it's hard due to the power he has over her. And the only thing she did was just walk out of the washer room the moment she turned on the washer. And just as quick as that, Colleen stayed in the sitting room, crying. She barely wanted to think. She just curled up on the sofa, tears filling inside her eyes.

     The only sound she heard was the loud thunder, the heavy pouring rain and the wind howling like a hurricane.

~

      Edward was flying past the speed limit which he never does. He got on the highway after he was able to track Christopher's phone which he secretly put on due to the worry of his whereabouts while he was out for hours before graduating.

    Edward had tried calming down but unfortunately he didn't. He just remained angry and kept slamming his fists on the steering wheel. The crazy images were in his head where he felt like he wanted to throw up. He felt the bile in back of his throat. And he just tried getting the gross, disgusting sickening images out of his head.

    Edward stopped at a stop sign. And then he tracked the whereof him going east. Just as he approached the destination it was a house. Edward didn't waste time going to the house and just as it was raining. Edward ended up calling Christopher.

Christopher answered with a, "hello?"

"Christopher, I'm outside of the house your at. Something has happened. Your mom wants you home. It's about your Grandma. So get outside and come into my car we need to talk." Edward was very careful with his words. "So tell your friends something very important has come up."

The rain was hitting on the windows. And it was storming extremely hard. It was already after three. And just as then, Christopher hung up without saying anything. He felt intuitively that something was very off and that something was very wrong. He decided to cooperate as anything.

Just in the crazy time, Christopher told Ty he had to leave sooner. Christopher took his keys and his phone, leaving the house after explaining a lie to Ty. Which Christopher didn't think it was a lie. And he hardly knew the trap he was entering. He didn't know the trap he was getting right into.

Christopher thought this was a bit insane. Christopher thought if it was an emergency if his Grandma why didn't his mother text or call? Why did Edward have to drive all the way out to San Diego to get him.

Even though he felt the scary energy before getting to the Cadillac. But once he got there, he just remained calm, got in and just waited to hear exactly what could be so bad that he had to drive all the way out to get him.

"My car," Christopher worried.

"Don't worry. You can get in it in just a second. But I wanna say... you were just fooled by me pretty easily to believe anything I just said to get you out of here." Edward leaned forward, looking quite dervish that it could scare anyone in a ten foot radar.

"What are you talking about?" Christopher frowned.

"You." He spat quickly. "I got some things to say. I left your mom at home because you have been foolish and reckless. So... here's what's gonna happen..." he kept his voice calm, very cool, trying not to lose it.

"Did you lure me out here for one of your other bullshit heart-to-heart? Because I don't have time to listen to you. I got important things right now." Christopher retaliated, trying to get out but Edward locked the doors, pushing him back in the seat. "YOU PATHETIC LIAR! YOUR CRAZY!"

Edward laughed sinisterly. And just like that, Christopher knew his nightmares were awaken.

He knows about him and Emma.

Christopher just felt it. He could read it off his face. And as anything...Edward wanted to lose his fist and wanted to punch him.

"HEY!" He scolded. "Don't you ever disrespect me again. Because right now I need you to shut the hell up and just listen."

Christopher breathed silently and allowed his ears to just listen. He took that fear and emotion and just sat tight fearing he'd probably get killed.

"This is what's gonna happen. Your gonna get in your car. And we're gonna drive home. And me, you and your mother are gonna have a serious talk. Your gonna drive. I'm gonna follow right behind you. And don't try cutting me because I have a GPS on your phone. And I will find you. I've had it on your phone for months. So...get out, get in your car and drive home." He explained, and Christopher was silent and terrified. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir." Christopher stammered.

"Now get out." He pointed, as he unlocked the doors and quickly Christopher left out of the car and while in the rain he immediately went directly to his black Mercedes Benz. He unlocked it and got in, putting on his seatbelt and turning on his car as it roared to life.

Christopher stepped onto the gas pedal and started heading down the street of east. Edward followed. And through the rain and the storm and just the anxiety taking over Christopher's body terrified him. The most bossy controlling man was following behind him. It was like Edward was asking him to rob a big bank. And this was just a movie.

Tell me this is a dream, Christopher thought to himself.

He drove on the freeway, still with Edward following right behind him. Christopher looked back several times through his mirror dash that he was still close by behind him.

The ride back seemed for a while, but it obviously wasn't. He remained quiet. Christopher just panicked but kept himself calm so he wouldn't get distracted and get into a car accident. Once he was off the freeway, he had just started to look directly back in fear as Edward followed him.

Once they returned on André Drive back into their driveway...Christopher parked his car. He leaned his head over the steering wheel once his car was turned off and park. Edward knocked on the glass of his window and just forced him out of the car. He got out in the pouring rain.

"Before we go in...I'd like to have a little chat with you my son." Edward said, his voice with pure rage but with sarcasm.

"I'm not your son." Christopher mumbled underneath his breath.

"I'm sorry... I didn't quite catch that. But listen, your mother is inside. And we don't want to get her worked up. So you better cooperate. Don't make me do something to regret." He said, his blue eyes just glaring at Christopher as if he could see right through him. "First off...I know about you and my daughter. Oh? You thought you could hide your precious little secret from me? Is that what you thought?"

Edward was face to face with him in the rain. Christopher could smell the alcohol off of his breath every time he spoke. They were both drenched to death. And as anything, Christopher just remained calm and stopped the anxiety that took over him like some wrenched demon.

"No." He shook his head. "I didn't."

"You must have. Or else you wouldn't go behind my back and your mothers...and fucking my daughter." Anger was in his voice but then he broke into a fake shrieking laughter. "My daughter. How dare you touch my daughter. Do you realize what a disgrace you've put on this family? It's sickening. You make me sick."

Christopher swallowed. "I love her."

Edward wasn't thinking for a second and somehow he just lost it once he heard Christopher say the words. Edward just lost control of what he'd probably regret. And just as quick as anything he just swung his fist like he was about to punch a punching bag. And immediately his fist collided with Christopher's jaw. Christopher had bent over nearly puking from the pain of the impact on his face. He gasped at first and tried remaining calm and so he did. But then he just fell to the ground on the cement of the driveway while the rain poured down heavy.

"Get the fuck up." Edward demanded. But when Christopher didn't move, he just grabbed him, forcing him up as he was only on his knees and he held him there, pulling on his hair. "You realize what you've done. Ha. This proves your own dead father didn't teach you any respect."

"Don't you dare talk about my father!" Christopher easily retaliated and got his strength to push him away.

"Your dad was weak! And he filled your head with nonsense! I never liked you the moment I saw you. I stood it out. But I never knew why. But now I do. Because you took advantage of my daughter. Fucking her." Edward had braced Christopher in a sideways man hug, just holding him in a restraint so he couldn't escape or pull away.

"I didn't take advantage of her. It's not like that. She loves me. And I love her. I been in love with her. Your just crazy to see that. You can't accept the fact she's not a baby anymore. You wanna control her. Just like you controlled Emma's mother. It's no wonder why she walked out on you. And soon my mom will too." Christopher pressed, and he didn't back down once.

His words were full of strength and power. He didn't once stop at any point. Edward grunted and he punched Christopher another time and this time his mouth was bleeding and he spit it onto the cement. Christopher felt the bile in back of his throat.

"You listen here you son of a bitch. Your gonna stay the hell away from my daughter. Your not gonna go near her, your not gonna touch her. Your not gonna look at her. And your not gonna speak to her. Nothing! Your not gonna even think about her." He spat, pulling on his hair again. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

"No, the truth is I love her! And nothing you say or do will change the way I feel about her!" Christopher said, nearly in tears.

"Then feel this!" He punched Christopher harder with extra force in the face that Christopher fell onto the ground and his face hit the cement hitting his brow there, bleeding.

Edward had to walk him in. He had Christopher's weak arm around his shoulder and neck to bring him up into the house. They got up to the front steps and entered back inside. Colleen heard the door open.

"Honeeeeey we're homeeeee!" Edward sang, entering in, and Colleen jumped directly up from the sofa and waited to see Christopher but saw his bleeding face while he was soaking wet from the rain and she screamed.

   "EDWARD, WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM? DID YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY SON!" Colleen pushed at him the second Edward put Christopher down on the sofa. "YOU BASTARD!"

   "I straightened him out is what I did!" He spat at her.

  "FUCK YOU!" Colleen slapped Edward, and she went to Christopher's assistance but he didn't move. He just lied there not moving. As much in shock he was it left him to not speak entirely. "Oh my honey...it's gonna be okay."

     Edward reaches to Christopher's back pocket and took his phone. But he realized he had a pass code.

   "Christopher, stay awake." He shook at his arm. "What is your pass code to your phone?"

    Christopher's eyes rolled in back of his head, unable to speak no matter how crazy it was. Christopher barely was away of his whereabouts or what was going on. His eyes rolled in back of his head.

   "Chris man, what is it?" Edward pressured him.

   Edward thought of two ways. He tried Christopher's birthday which is 5-17-01. But it was incorrect. And then he thought of Emma's birthday and that was incorrect. But then he knew it was his father's birthday which is 6-18-83.

    When he got into Christopher's phone, he immediately went into the text messages to text Emma.

                   Text to Emma:
     EMMA COME ON HOME NOW.
ASAP. YOUR DAD KNOWS.

After Edward sent the text, he planted a stupid grin on his face. And Colleen was sobbing seeing her son hit and punched by her husband. Christopher was unconscious now. And he was just lying there.

"I'm sorry Col, I had to do what was right. And I'm sorry it hurts you. But he could destroy my daughter. He took advantage of her." Edward placed his hand on her shoulder, but she quickly slapped his hand away and turned and then she had smacked him across the face.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" She screamed at him. "How dare you touch my son. And to be fair, it's probably not my son who did this damage. Your daughter probably did it. You just assume it's my son. What about your daughter?"

Edward shook his head. "We're not talking about Emma, dear. We're talking about your crazy, psychotic delinquent son." He spat her.

"You are ruining us. Your destroying the good. All I said was talk about it and relax. We could have handled this the right way. But you... you went too far this time." Colleen sobbed.

"Then let's talk about it. Alone." Edward calmly said.

"Fuck you let's talk about it. After everything now you wanna talk? How could you?" Colleen looked ready to bolt.

Colleen slapped him another time but this other time, Edward grabbed her wrist.

"DO NOT THINK OF TOUCHING ME!" He shouted are her to where she aggressively tried pulling away from him, but he had a firm grip that he didn't and she fell onto the floor.

Edward held her down on the ground, pulling her into his arms but she tried pushing him away with her fists.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed. "No...no..." she cried, still punching her fists at his chest. "No...no..." she whined.

"I'll fix this. We're gonna fix our kids. Don't worry about it. You just have to cooperate." He whispered to her and she then relaxed in his arms and she was able to breathe, and she just knew or decided he was right. "Now let's go talk."

They both go up and went to go talk in the family room closing the French doors. And Edward still has Christopher's phone and decided to leave another text to Emma.

Text to Emma:
EMMA PLEASE COME HOME!

Edward and Colleen both just sat down on the couch. And once they sat down, Colleen wiped her tears away. And Edward grabbed her hand, in which she was shaken by it.

"Colleen, I love you. And you know that I'd never do anything to hurt you. And you mean the world to me. But what our kids are involved in...what their doing...is wrong." Edward said.

"I agree. But maybe we should just talk to our kids. Like adults. No demanding, no fighting or ordering. But just talking. Okay? I feel like it's for the best." Colleen said. "And none of this is gonna matter...next week Christopher will be off to college."

"Col, we need to take precaution now. A week isn't gonna stop this." He replied quickly.

"Okay...then let's go talk to him. MY son. Okay?" Colleen didn't tear his face from Edward once and just as that happened with aggression she ran for the French doors and walked out.

Edward followed right behind her.

~

E M M A: 🌹

I was in the car. I was driving in the rain. I had been gone a lot longer than I thought. And then I just kept driving trying to get home. I had just couldn't stand whatever happened for my dad to know what I know he knows. He knows about Christopher and me. But how did he find out? How did it happen? I can't imagine what dad is doing. And honestly I don't even want to go home.

I pass by the plaza of source. And I go north heading east and heading for André Drive. And once I get there I see my house looking terrible due to the rain and the storm. And I just looked at it in sadness. But then I just grin and I take it off knowing I'm going into something awful. And once I park and turn off my car, I take out my white thigh high socks and I place them back on over my legs and knees up to my thighs. And when I get them on I just get out of the car, with my purse and keys and I just enter out of my car. I leave my shoes in the car because I just want to get back inside the house. I have my raincoat hood over my head. I lock my car automatically.

I breathe in the rain and the air outside. And once I step up the steps to get to the front door, I panic. And slowly I open the front door. Once I enter in, I throw my hood off. The house is quiet. And then I hear nothing. And then I see the kitchen empty. And the French doors were open. And then I enter into the sitting room and I find dad, Colleen and Christopher.

I cried once I enter into the sitting room. I see Christopher's face and my only worst fear and nightmare happened. My dad had nearly killed him. He had his face that looked bleeding. And I just looked at him and knew what my dad has done. I saw him have tears in his eyes. I wanted to comfort him. I could only get so close.

    "Christopher," I gasped, sobbing terribly, trying walk closer to him. I would have ran to him but his face was done by my father because he found out about us.

I tried getting to him but my father blocked me from getting near him until he snapped.

"NO!" He spat. "I don't want you touching him."

"What did you do to him? What did you do?" I shouted at him as my throat went hoarse.

"Worry about other things. And less on Christopher. Because we're all about to have a huge talk." Dad had his gaze right on me, trying to direct me away from Christopher as possible. "So just sit down and listen."

I nodded, breathing heavy with scarce. And I obeyed my father. I just sat down but Colleen came over, taking my raincoat off of me. And I had just cried silently and I noticed Christopher was beaten by my father.

Outside it was pouring. And the thunder roared like a lion through a jungle. And I just sat there still semi drenched from the rain.

"Emma, I had a nice afternoon until I got a little present unanimously. As you can see." He passed the Polaroid photos close to me on the coffee table.

I gasped when I saw what it was. It was like someone was stalking us and just took them. But they sent them to my father. But who?

"Who sent them?" I shakily asked.

"I honestly don't know. There was no address or stamps. My guess someone stuck them in our mailbox. But whoever it was truly wanted me to know about this." Dad had his face looking nervous but he just looked at me. "But these photos was after Colleen saw your diary and found a condom in your trash bin."

I tore my gaze from my father, in fear. I've never seen him get this angry.

"And you do realize what a disgrace you've done? To me? Colleen? The family? Do you realize how stupid you are?" Dad hollered at me, I blinked for a second trying to stay calm and not let his lecture destroy me.

"I love him." I stammered.

"No Emma," he shook his head. "It's a delusion. He took advantage of you. And he brainwashed you and got in your head. You do not love him, honey."

I cried feeling tears pouring from my eyes.

"YES I DO! I LOVE HIM!" I screamed, fighting back.

"Your confused, honey. He just got in your head. He just used you. Okay? You do not love him." Dad got closer to me, where I just thought everything was pushed back from him holding Colleen and Christopher silent.

"I hate you! YOU ARE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER!" I yelled at him. "YOUR A SELF RIGHTEOUS COLD CONTROLLING JERK!"

He scoffed in disbelief. "Really? You think I'm like that psychotic son of a bitch?"

"Yes!" I cried out.

"You really destroyed this family, Emma. I am disgusted. With the both of you. I burned Christopher once. Don't make me do it again. But for your consequences...you will have to obey. You are punished. You and Christopher will not be alone together. You two must be supervised. Until' next week." He rambled on, looking between the both of us.

"But Christopher leaves then." I sobbed.

"Exactly. And you will lose permission to your phone, computer, camera and your car. So hand over your car keys. You'll get it back in a week."

I took my car keys out of my purse along with my phone and handed it to him. And then he took it. I cried. I cried because I am here 'bout to lose the guy I love.

"Daddy, I love him! You can punish me! But still, I will be in love with him!" I cried to him.

He turned around at me with the fierce look on his face. He was silent. But he then smiled in disbelief with a fake laugh under his breath. And then he slapped him, knocking me to the floor. I fell landing on my side.

Christopher panicked trying to get to me after what happened. My dad pushed him back.

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Dad pushed at him but he had smacked his face away.

Colleen just stood there in silence watching with tears in her eyes. And I was on the ground, feeling the slap still on my face. I braced my hand over on the side of my face, rubbing from the sting.

"THEN YOU DON'T HIT HER!" Christopher roared.

I watched dad tackle him down like a wrestler or a football player does in the field. And I watched my dad hold him down as his hand was holding him down on his throat. And his body was pushing hard on him to hold him down with his strength.

"DADDY, PLEASE GET OFF OF HIM!" I cried, just allowing myself to allow myself to cry.

"You listen to me you son of a bitch. I swear you better stay the fuck away from my daughter or I will kill you. I swear to god. I will take your life. You stay the fuck away. Your not gonna look at her, your not gonna touch her, talk to her, breathe her or even think about her. Or I will kill you." He finally let go of him.

I watched dad get off him and after this... I just ran out of the sitting room and I went into the kitchen and I took that stupid pitcher with lemonade in it and I smashed it onto the kitchen floor as it broke. I sat on the floor of the glass. I just took the glass shard cutting my leg gently. I ripped my high socks right on my lower thigh and taking the shard, cutting myself. Blood spilt. And I gasped from it. I then took it cutting by the side of my face next to my eye. I bled.

I saw Colleen come right into the kitchen and she yelped forcing me up. I tried pushing her away from me. But she held me tightly. And she brought me upstairs to her bathroom to fix the cuts I purposely made on myself.

She sat me on the seat of the toilet and she drew the bath tub water and took a cool rag and she cleaned up my bleeding leg and my face.

"I'm sorry, Emma. I won't tell you not to cry. Love is only crazy till you find it. But it doesn't belong with him..." she wiped my face with the wet rag.

Tears filled my eyes but I didn't believe her and knew Colleen wasn't any better than my father.

"You told me to love with my heart. And that I would find the guy I want. I'm sorry...but Christopher is the one. I know it's hard to accept...but I love him." I sobbed.

"You don't belong together. It's a sin to our family. But please just for my sake. Obey your dad. And you can get your phone and car back." She smiled gently.

She just wants me to cooperate and pick my father over Christopher. That's why she did nothing because she is supporting him.

"I don't care about my phone or my car. I care about Christopher." I shrieked, sobbing tears from my eyes like a storm.

Colleen sighed. "Emma, if you obey him...you won't need to care about your stepbrother. Your not in love with him. It's all in your head. It's a fantasy. Something you want but isn't there."

I just cried and I wanted her to leave me alone. She eventually left me alone. On her way out she paused.

    "Just think about it, Emma. Please. Your dad is your world. Depend on it. Just understand him." She told me, and then she left closing the door behind her.

     I ended up getting in the empty jacuzzi. And while I sat in the jacuzzi I remember wailing my cries out as I just cried like a hurricane from my eyes. I thought this was all just a nightmare. How was I living through this? How am I gonna survive? I never thought anything could get worse. I wasn't even sure I'd lose Christopher.

    I cried only wanting one person with me. I wanted my mom. For once I wish she was here. And I just cried myself to sleep in the jacuzzi tub. I remember just dreaming this. But I knew it was no dream.

A/N:
       Helloooo #MINERS
       I gotta say this is probably the
       Most emotional dramatic and crazy
       Chapter I've written so far! Lol 😂 😆

  But OMG! This got me going! Damn
  I am crying 😢 😭 are u crying too? How emotional are u on a scale 1-10? Tell me in the comments!

🖤

  Well MINERS we are so close and done with the story! Damn it flew by so fast! 💎

        Tell me down in the comments what u think about the chapter. And theories on who u think sent those photos? I wanna hear all your thoughts.

• Vote
• Comment
• Predict

#staybeautiful 🌹
#loveyourself 🥀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 15.9K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
80.4K 6.1K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
254K 14.6K 29
NOTE Before you read this story let me give you "SOME WARNINGS ‼️" If you can't put your mind into other people's perspectives please do not read thi...