The Wedding In Miami

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Exes: #1 (4th July 2020) Bad boy: #1 (3rd July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any updates an... More

Cousin's wedding?
Forgive and forget?
Wrong room
Faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck
Miami Beach
What we had
Save water, shower together
One giant splash
Perfect plan
Particular taste
From one ex to another
That goddamn dress
A toast to the lovely couples here tonight
A walk couldn't hurt
I saved you a muffin
Nicky-Nick got scared?
Bonfire
Unbelievable, idiotically, pathetically
A bad habit
Voice inside my head
A little spy
Ice cream
It's a love bite
Little Havana
Reflection
Reliving that night
Bruises
Let's fucking run
Ketchup
Six flags
Not prettier than you
It's not like the movies
It feels different
I don't want it
Looking at him
If you say so
Speeches
Wedding glow
In sickness and in health
I'm sure
Home sweet home
Summer nights
Struck by lightning
Thank you + New Book

The wedding of Madeline Gray

23.1K 522 98
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter one: The wedding of Madeline Gray (Emma's POV)

It's our last day at school. Summer is starting. The stress is fading off. Everyone's happy, everyone's smiling. Including me. I'm in my last class for the last day and I couldn't be happier. 

"As you all may know, next year our two Home Ec. classes will be shuffled!" my home economics teacher, Mr. Harrison announced. 

I've been in his Home Ec. class since the beginning of the sophomore year and he is an amazing teacher. The other teacher for Home Ec. who teaches the other band, Mrs. Stephanie? Not so great. I will very seriously consider dropping the subject if I have to deal with her. 

"Some of you from this class will be sent there for improvement, and some from the other class will arrive here in your place," he cleared his throat, "Anyone wants the list revealed yet? If so, I suggest you quiet down, Ms. Davidson," he glanced at her. 

She was sitting at the back, gossipping very loudly to her best friend about her not-so-great boyfriend. Or maybe that's just my opinion. That's Rachel Davidson. We're not friends. We're strangers. 

"There are seven of you who will be going to the other class, and seven will be coming here. Keep in mind, this is to test and improve your skills, so don't miss me too much. As you all may know, Mrs. Stephanie isn't so liberal," he mumbled before grabbing the list. 

The whole class stilled. Everyone loved it here. 

He was amazing. Funny, easy-going, laid back, and not scary unless he really wanted to be. Which was rarely. 

"Jonah Hall, Madison Coleman, Austin Moore, Bethany Williams, Justin Rodriguez, Ethan Brooks and last but certainly not least, Rachel Davidson." 

Basically, the annoying assholes of this class that don't shut up. 

Zoey and I sighed in relief in sync, glad that neither of us were leaving. Zoey is my best friend. Since middle school. I love her to death, she's like my sister. Annoying at times, but like my sister nonetheless. 

"How is that fair, Mr. Harrison?" Rachel stood up. 

"Here we go," Zoey sighed while leaning back in her seat, watching the show. 

"May I know how these students were chosen?" she challenged.

"I chose the ones I wanted out of my class," he shrugged, "Do you have a problem?" he arched an eyebrow at her and some of us broke out into soft laughter. He was clearly amused by himself. 

"Is that how Mrs. Stephanie chose her students?" Rachel questioned. 

"You can ask her yourself and see what kind of answer she gives you, but yes, that's how she chose her students. This is meant to discipline you all, have a great summer everybody! Enjoy!" he said as the bell rang and we all filed out, wishing him a happy summer too. 

"Mr. Harrison," I stopped by at the desk, "Can I please know which students will be joining us?" 

I just had to make sure he wasn't. 

"You are not supposed to know this information, Ms. Roberts, please tell your friend something, Ms. Gray," he glanced at Zoey. 

"We're just looking for one name, sir," Zoey sighed beside me. She's looking for one name, I'm looking for the other. She's looking for the name of her crush. Landon White. Since freshman year, she's had a thing for him. They almost happened. 

Almost. 

I'm looking for the name of my ex-boyfriend. Nick Heartwell. The one and only. Such an asshole. 

I cannot even begin to tell you what a dick he is. I'll just tell you what happened to us instead. We met at a party at the beginning of this year, in January. I already hated him before I knew him. 

I'd heard things, seen things and I had no interest in interacting with a guy who goes through girls like shirts. But he was stubborn. And determined if you will. He followed me around this school for two weeks, asking me to go out on one date with him, promising to stop bothering me if I didn't enjoy it. 

I finally caved in, eager to get him to leave me alone, but what do you know, I started liking him. 

We were together up until the beginning of last month. He cheated on me on April 15th. I even remember the date. It didn't just end there, he was constantly there to remind me what he did. Even after I dumped him before he could dump me in front of everyone. Sitting there with a new girl on his arm every so often, making my blood boil. 

I hate Nick Heartwell. 

"Okay, girls," Mr. Harrison sighed in defeat, and I snapped out of my inner monologue about my hatred for Nick. "You tell nobody," he looked at us warningly while handing me the paper. 

I scanned the names, my eyes freezing at the last name on the list. I was so happy until then. 

"Thank you!" Zoey squealed while returning the paper to him while I let out a sigh of defeat. 

I guess I couldn't avoid him forever. But I'd learn to do it with grace this past month. 

I truly do hate Nick. 

"What does it matter? It's not like you have to do anything with him? Just continue to ignore his existence as you have been," Zoey shrugged as we walked to my car. "Now, come on," she pulled me to it. 

We were having a sleepover tonight. Apparently there was some news for me. Let's see what it is. 

-----<3----- 

"Here we are," I sighed while turning my car off and grabbing my bag as we stepped out and into Zoey's house. "We're home!" she called out. 

"Emma, Emma, Emma, Emma, Emma!" Madeline came running down the stairs, still in her pajamas, with her phone in her hands. 

"Yes?" I asked in utter confusion. 

I have no idea what's going on. 

Zoey grabbed me and seated me on their couch. 

"Emma?" Madeline asked. 

"Yes, Madeline?" I questioned. 

She sighed and held her hand out, the ring instantly caught my eye, shining brighter than any diamond I've ever seen. "I'm getting married!" she squealed. 

"Oh, my god!" I screamed, pulling her into a hug. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I gushed as she pulled away. 

"He proposed last week, I fell in love with him all over again, but that's beside the point," she waved her hand dismissively. "Obviously, you are invited to my wedding. The wedding of Madeline Gray!" she squealed, "But the real question is," she paused for suspense, "Would you like to be a bridesmaid?" 

I froze, my jaw dropped, my eyes widened. "Are you kidding? Yes!" I shrieked, hugging her again. 

So obviously, Madeline is Zoey's older sister, hence, she's my older sister. She's been in a relationship with William since they were in high school. They are the perfect example of high school sweethearts and now they're finally getting married. 

"When is the wedding? Where is it?" I squealed. 

"The wedding is June 11th in Miami!" she screamed in excitement. 

"Three weeks? That's it? Oh wow," I laughed. 

"Mm-mm, we're not waiting three weeks. We leave for Miami tomorrow!" 

I looked at her in confusion, "Tomorrow?" I questioned. 

"Our family has this tradition if you will. Three weeks prior to the wedding, we go on a vacation with the family of the groom. To get to know them a little bit better, to welcome them into the family. Since I'm getting married in Miami, I thought why not just have the vacation there? Your parents know everything, all the tickets are booked, you have you fitting for the dress tomorrow and tomorrow night we fly off to Miami," she said in one quick breath. "All you have to do is pack," she shrugged nonchalantly like packing for three weeks is an easy thing to do. 

"Shouldn't she be packing right now then?" Zoey mumbled. 

"Of course, so now, you go home, pack your clothes, grab some dresses, we're going to party, my bachelorette party is there too, don't forget!" she ushered me towards the door. 

"Whoa, okay, okay," I laughed while grabbing my keys. 

"I will see you at the fitting tomorrow," she grinned, "Bye!" she squealed before calling William and running upstairs. 

The Gray family is officially insane. 

She is getting married. In Miami. 

I have to pack, I have to pick outfits, I have to plan everything! This will be absolutely amazing. I cannot wait for the wedding of Madeline Gray! 

There's going to be family, partying, hotel room sleepovers, more partying. Maybe some cute boys? 

I'm glad I got a warning in advance, note my sarcasm. 

I have to go home! 

Jesus, Miami, here we come!

-

-

-

-

-

So, that was Chapter one, I hope you guys liked it <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 840 22
*04/06/2024 - 4th place in the Category 'Ex-boyfriend' 'A story of a girl in love with a boy who's in love with her best friend, and even with her fe...
178K 4.8K 49
"He rests his forehead on mine and closes his eyes. Instantly, my own eyes flutter shut. I can feel his lips so very near to my own. 'Mia..," he say...
461K 19.2K 60
Dylan Gold was only six years old when her mother died. Soon after, her father remarried a woman that despised her. At school, her step-siblings pret...
1.5M 42.2K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...