HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

chapter 15

4.6K 155 3
By Nyanya_Writes

"It was clearly him!," l cried at Claudius in rage.

We were arguing in my bedroom. After the limousine left, l had grabbed Claudius by the collar demanding that he follow the car because in it was the man who ruined my life.

Claudius had simply stared at me , his face drawn in confusion and hurt . I had argued with him in the middle of the street until people had gathered to watch our little scene unfolding.

Feeling embarrassed , Claudius had dragged me into a nearby taxi and took us back to my apartment. 

Claudius laid his hands on his waist and then drew in a deep breath in frustration.

"That was a different person you saw back there. You are overreacting, Jane," he noted in a soft voice as if coaxing an unreasonable child.

He tried to pull me in his arms but l roughly shoved him away angrily wiping away my tears. I was mad at him for not believing in me. As my boyfriend , the least he could do was support me.

"I know those eyes. I know that smile. It was also his voice...," my voice trailed off in difficult.

I blinked back more tears. It always brought painful memories to even talk about him.

"How can l forget ! He is the man who ruined my family."

Claudius began pacing the floor, raking a hand through his brown hair in frustration. He stopped before the window swearing under his breath. I followed him and turned his face towards me.

His face looked troubled.

"Claudius ! You have to believe me," l pleaded with him in a voice barely above a whisper.

My throat seemed clogged. A storm of angry tears was silently brewing inside me. I was holding myself back from erupting into a storm of tears. Claudius wouldn't like to see me in a sobbing mess especially on matters concerning Ferracco.

" l thought you were over him at last," he whispered in a voice full of pain.

My heart swelled in pain at his words. I was hurting the man who clearly loved me. Against my will , two lone tears ran down my cheeks.

" It's not like that. I swear to you. My love for him died the day he betrayed me , " l answered earnestly.

" Ever since you were eighteen, I waited for you Jane," he whispered hoarsely.

I hung down my head feeling mortified. I had hurt Claudius when he had shown me nothing but kindness. He looked at me one last time before grabbing his jacket off the bed and storming out of the room.

He nearly collided with Lola on his way out. He didn't even stop to greet her but continued on his way out. I dropped down on my bed feeling my heart shattered.

I felt the bed dip besides me as Lola joined me. She silently took me in her arms and l broke down into a storm of tears. Lola stroked my hair murmuring words of comfort.

After my storm passes , Lola released me and held me at arm's length. She gazed at me , her brown eyes full of worry.

" What's going on between the two of you?," she asked.

I drew in a deep shuddering breath before breaking down into another sobbing mess as l related the events of our terrible lunch date.

" Claudius is mad at me because he thinks l am not over that bastard yet and that l am probably hallucinating the entire thing."

Lola remained silent staring at me as if l had gone mad. No one believed me!

"His face looks different but I am damn sure it's him. Same voice, same eyes and the same smile. He could have got a plastic surgery or something," l tried to convince her.

Lola heaved out a weary sigh and clasped my hands.

"Do you think that he is that stupid to remain in Brazil after all the crimes he committed?"

I stood up and began pacing the floor. My hand ran through my blond hair for the umpteenth time. I was feeling very helpless. The whole situation was driving me insane. I didn't know what to believe in anymore.

" l don't know Lolita. I am confused."

"Don't let him come between the two of you. Claudius is a good guy."

I cast her a small, nervous smile.

"I won't," l said more to myself.

There was no way in hell l was going to allow that bastard to ruin everything for me. He had already taken enough from me.

Lola's face suddenly brightened. A mischievous glint entered her eyes. I inwardly groaned.

Not again!

" So tell me. How was your date with Mr handsome guy. I am dying to know all the details. Did you guys kiss already? "

I threw a pillow at her but she ducked it laughing.

"You are a pain in the ass, know that?," l chuckled.

Lola stuck out her tongue at me.

"But you love me anyway," she chuckled.

I roll my eyes at her.

"Go ask Claudius. After all , you two are friends."

"You are no fun , Jane," she pouted.

"I know."

"My boss asked me out on a date," she told me.

My mouth hanged open in disbelief. Lola burst out laughing at my reaction. She threw a pillow at me.

" Stop making that face pliz," she chuckled.

" Are you kidding me?  I am clearly shocked to hear that the mighty , handsome Daniel King asked you out on a date," l exclaimed.

The smile on her face faded.

"I know he is way out of my league but l can't help it," she answered gloomily.

"Aww how romantic," l pouted.

Her lips turned up again and she threw another pillow at me. Daniel King was a multi millionaire owning chains of restaurants in Southern America.

" Just how did you trap such a guy," l asked amused.

Lola threw back her head and laughed at my words. She flipped back her long ,glossy black hair and batted her eyelashes at me.

"Looks matters , honey," she drawled.

I shook my head at her pride , clearly amused. Lola have always been confident when it came to her looks. She knew she was beautiful and she used it to her full advantage.

"Did you agree?"

Lola gazed at me stunned.

" Are you crazy? Of course l told him l am still thinking. I don't want to look like l am too desperate. I will hold him off for a while before saying yes."

I shook my head again, clicking my tongue. Lola and her so called dating rules.

1) She didn't say "yes" to a guy right away even if she was dying to. She said it made guys think you were too easy or something.

2) She didn't call a guy first but she hang up first.

3) She didn't even lift her finger to do anything in a relationship. She says it's the guy's job to plan their dates and trips. Her only job was to look pretty for their dates.

4) When things go sour , she dumps the guy first before he gets to do that. She always claimed she will die of humiliation if a guy breaks up with her first so she always made sure she called things off herself.

I blew out a breath . I wasn't a relationship guru , but even l know that a healthy relationship needed two people striving together. Lola was too lazy to do anything for her relationships. They always ended before they even started.

"What if he gets tired of your little game and decides to move on," l tried to reason with her.

She simply threw back her head and laughed .

"I know he won't. Guys like him love chasing. The more you play hard to get , the more they desire you. They love possessing."

I burst out laughing. She was really impossible.

" Mommy!"

I heard Elena's voice calling from downstairs. She was back from the market with Amira. I dashed out of the room to meet her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 6K 57
[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a possessive, billionaire hero and scandalou...
5.6K 309 21
She loves him as long as she knows what is love. She fell in love with him when she first laid eyes on him. But fate played it's roll and got him mar...
3.9K 185 20
"We all are sinners, but the best of us are those who repent" She's was a perfect Muslimah, what made her do it?. What made her make the worst mis...
9.6K 486 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...