For Me, This Is Heaven (Lucin...

Par Fireemblem8cuts

Y/N and Lucina love each other dearly. But how can they hope to ever unite if whole worlds, life, and death... Plus

Chapter 2: Hey Jealousy
Chapter 3: When You Know
Chapter 4: Don't Go
Chapter 5: I'm Lost Without You
Chapter 6: Closer
Chapter 7: Clean
Chapter 8: Born To Quit
Chapter 9: Don't Give In
Chapter 10: Blood On My Hands
Chapter 11: Damage
Chapter 12: Stay Awake
Chapter 13: Disintegration
Chapter 14: Into The Void
Chapter 15: Even Deeper
Chapter 16: How To Disappear Completely
Chapter 17: I'm Not From This World
Chapter 18: The Worst Crime
Chapter 19: Death Is Close

Chapter 1: Never Let You Go

7.9K 69 24
Par Fireemblem8cuts

Hey there! Bet you weren't expecting this! Since my schoolwork has ended, and I have more time to focus on writing, I thought I'd have two ongoing stories. Just keep in mind that the intervals between chapters for this story will be larger compared to that of Wounded. This is just something that's going on in the background.

This is pretty big for a first chapter, but I hope you'll like it anyway! Before it starts though, one update on my other story- I've marked it as Mature, because, according to the Wattpad guidelines, stuff like suicide or attempted suicide falls under there. So I'm just turning it on to make it safe.

In a similar fashion, the cover of this book is indeed a placeholder. Using the FEH art again hehehe.

DISCLAIMER: Fire Emblem and all its characters are owned by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems.

And into the story!

--Three Years Ago--
--Y/N POV--
I was a thief, a pickpocket, living in a small town in Ylisse. My family abandoned me at a young age, and I was left to fend for myself.

A group of shady criminals took me in, and taught me how to steal and be cunning. I will say that it saved my life... but I can't say that I enjoyed it. I only stole enough from the rich to live on...

Today, I noticed a strange group of people walking in the village marketplace. Thanks to the crowd, this was usually a good place where I could snatch some wallets.

A few members of the group caught my eye in particular. At the head was a blue-haired man, who had the appearance of a strong leader. Not far behind him was a girl with hair of the same hue. I will admit that my gaze may have... lingered on her for a moment more than necessary. Anyways, the man looked pretty rich. Maybe he had something good on him... 

I slipped into the crowd unnoticed, and started making my way towards him. 

--Lucina POV--
I walked behind my father through the crowd, ready to protect him from any incoming attack. I'm Lucina, Prince Chrom's daughter from the future. I traveled back in time to try and alter the bleak future, in which Grima, the Fell Dragon, triumphs, and proceeds to destroy everything.

I struggled to keep my droopy eyelids open. I had been suffering from nightmares ever since I came here... people I couldn't save, dying in front of my eyes... the world I loved, forever gone... I shook myself. I couldn't fall into those dark thoughts now, I had to focus. There was still hope. We have a chance to defeat Grima, and change the future.

Suddenly, I noticed a boy, looking about the same age as me, inching towards my father. Instinctively, my hand fell onto my sword, Falchion. I watched him reach into my father's back pocket, coming up with his wallet. 

Then, the boy smiled. I felt my heart jump. He looked pretty handsome when he did that... I felt my cheeks heat up. What was I thinking?? I had to focus on saving everyone. I took a few seconds to regain my composure, before stomping towards him and yelling out loud.

Unintentionally, I aimed my blade at his neck, causing him to turn around and look at me. He smiled sheepishly, before attempting to run. I grabbed his arm to ensure he didn't escape. My stomach did flip flops as my fingers wrapped around his arm. 

Lucina: Father! This person just tried to steal your belongings!

Father turned around and looked at him surprisingly.

Chrom: Well, I must say, you are one sneaky character!

He plucked the wallet from his hands, and offered his hand. He shook it, all the time looking completely bewildered. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes father could be a bit too... friendly.

Chrom: I'm Chrom, the leader of the Shepherds. Your quick hands are something we could use! Care to join us?

The boy appeared stunned speechless. I couldn't exactly blame him. He just tried to steal from my Father, and now he was offering him to join us? I voiced my concerns, even if a part of me wished him to join us.

Lucina: Father, are you sure about this? He just tried to steal from you!

He dismissed me with a wave of his hand.

Chrom: It'll be fine! We do need someone like him. And I can see a look of courage in his eyes. We would gain a lot from him joining us.

I looked him in the eye, and immediately understood what my father meant. There was an air of confidence around him. Combined with the skills he exhibited earlier...

???: Wh-what exactly are the Shepherds?

Chrom: I guess you could call us mercenaries!

He seemed to genuinely consider the idea, before finally making his decision.

???: I think I'll take you up on that offer.

He shook Father's hand again. "I'm Y/N, by the way."

Y/N... what a nice name...

Chrom: Glad to hear that! Okay, come on everybody! We're off!

The rest of the Shepherds, who had been watching us, started walking again, following my Father through the crowd. I gazed up, and realized that I was still holding Y/N's hand.

Lucina: O-oh, sorry!

I smiled, and let go of his hand. He looked at me, and politely smiled back. We started walking together, a bit behind the rest of the Shepherds.

Y/N: I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name.

Lucina: It's Lucina.

Y/N: Lucina...

He looked up at the sky, as the slightest flush appeared on his cheeks. He stuck out a hand. "Glad to meet you!"

Lucina: You too!

As we left the village behind us, me and Y/N started to talk. We told each other of our backgrounds, and everything we had gone through.

I couldn't help but feel that this would be the start of a great relationship.

--Two Years Ago--
--Y/N POV-- 
We were running towards a village on the outskirts of Ylisse, where we had been sent to stop some Plegian soldiers who were said to be looting the place. Robin, our tactician, had started pairing us up, as we would be stronger that way.

Robin: Y/N, you'll be paired with Lucina!

Y/N: Roger that!

Lucina sidled up to me as we ran through a forest. I gulped. She looked so elegant when she was running. Blue hair waving in the wind... Determined look on her face...

Lucina: So, I guess that makes us partners?

I looked wistfully into the distance. "Yeah... partners..."

--Lucina POV--
I watched Y/N's quick and confident strides across the landscape. It made him look so... manly... I shook myself once again. Recently, I found that it took me more willpower to focus on my goal- defeating Grima. Every time I tried to think about my well-thought out plan, Y/N appeared in my head. I couldn't explain why...

Without realizing it, we made it to the village. 

Y/N: Hey, Lucina, I'm going to head over there and take care of the archers, got it?

Lucina: Okay!

As a team, we took down quite a few soldiers. Y/N sneaked up on the archers and defeated them, while I took care of the sword and axe-wielding soldiers.

Eventually, there was only one soldier left. A big, towering, armored one. I brought up my sword to combat his strong blows, when, all of a sudden, I felt a burning pain. I looked down to see an archer had struck my left leg with an arrow. The soldier, taking advantage of my distraction, swept me off my feet.

I grunted in pain as I hit the ground. Everything stung... the soldier rose their axe to deliver the final blow, and all I could do was... stare.

Y/N: Lucina!!

Y/N came flying out of nowhere, stabbing the soldier through a weak spot in their armor. The soldier fell to the floor, and I noticed the panic and fear in Y/N's eyes. Was he scared... for me?

Before I could register it in my head, Y/N picked me up, bridal-style, and carried me through the battlefield to our healers. He risked all of that because I had an arrow in my leg?

Once we got to the healers, he laid me on one of the empty cots. I looked up at Y/N and traced his worried stare to the arrow in my leg. A feeling of warmth bloomed in me as I watched him care for me. I winced as one of the healers came over and started working on my wound. Y/N, noticing my pain, squeezed my hand to reassure me, sending waves of comfort down my arm.

Suddenly, Y/N looked at me, his eyes full of fear.

Y/N: Please, Lucina, don't risk going out there until that leg is fully healed. It puts you at a great disadvantage.

The reluctance emanating from him was great. 

Lucina: Please, Y/N, go back out there. They need your help to defeat the rest of the Plegians...

Y/N: Well... okay. But please, please, do not go back out there. I wouldn't want anything to hurt you more..

It seemed that he really didn't want to leave my side.

And that's when I really fell for him. He cared about me... and strangely, as I saw him plunge back into the dark waters of the battlefield, I felt a surge of concern for him. I didn't want anything to happen to him because... I liked him. He was cute, funny, and caring. Everything I could've ever wanted in a man...

For the first time in a long time, that night, I slept well. No nightmares came to plague me... Instead... I saw Y/N. His usual joyful demeanor, always ready to cheer me up...

I came to terms with it- I was in love with him...

--One Year Ago--
I sat on my bed, curled into a ball, staring wistfully at the canvas of the tent. Everything in my life had seemed to fade into the background... All I could think about was Y/N. We had been able to defeat Grima. The world was saved. The only downside was that all of the children from the future, including me, were stuck here. Not that I was complaining, though- that meant I could stay with Y/N...

Every time I saw him, I felt a sort of pain in my chest. I wanted to be held by those callused hands, kissed by those lips... 

I heard a branch snap, so I ventured outside to find, of all people, Y/N pacing around. I felt my face grow redder and redder.

Lucina: H-Hey Y/N... Watcha doing?

He glanced at me, as a pink blush surfaced on his cheeks. "O-oh hey Lucina! How are you today?"

I stared at him strangely. Obviously, he didn't come here just to ask me how I was feeling today... I decided to answer anyway.

Lucina: I'm fine... How about you?

He bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck. He wasn't usually this shy...

Y/N: I-I'm trying to find a way to confess to my crush...

I felt the bitter taste of jealousy enter my mouth, followed by a stab to my heart. He... had a crush... I couldn't even bring myself to act cheerful or anything like that. I stared at the ground in misery.

Lucina: Oh...

Why did I feel so... so sad? It took every ounce of my will to stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. But, suddenly, all of it dissipated when I felt a light touch on my cheek.

I looked up to see Y/N staring at me, looking really nervous.

Y/N: Lucina, my crush is...

I just had enough resistance to not grimace. I didn't want to hear the name of the girl he was attracted to.

Y/N: You...

It took me a few seconds to realize what he just said. My eyes widened, and I felt my body start to move of its own accord. I noticed something light on my lips, and I refocused to find out that I had... kissed him.

He gasped at first, but eventually fell to its thrall. I snaked my arms around him, and pulled him into my tent, where we fell onto my bed. We promptly broke from the kiss for air, and I looked into his eyes.

Lucina: Y/N... I like you too...

He smiled happily. I smiled back. Everything felt right in the world now... The man of my dreams liked me... Grima was defeated...

I could finally start living.

--Y/N POV--
--Present Day--
I smiled to myself as I weaved between tents, looking for one belonging to a specific swordfighter. I hope she likes my gift... It had been exactly one year since we confessed our love for each other. I thought I'd get her something, just to show that I still feel... the butterflies... every time I talk to her.

As I neared her tent, I cleared my throat, grinning. I heard a bump come from inside, followed by some grumbling. I lifted the cover to find Lucina desperately struggling to put on a blue dress.

She noticed me staring and frowned in frustration.

Lucina: Well, you can come in!

I obliged, and sat on her bed as she dressed up. When she finished, she smiled at me sheepishly. "Sorry about that Y/N..."

Y/N: There's no need to apologize! It was worth the wait...

My eyes went back to the stunning dress she wore. It seemed to bring out her already beautiful eyes... It made me think twice about my wardrobe choice, an old moth-eaten suit I had found during my time on the street. It was all that I had... but still... I hoped she realized how much this meant to me.

--Lucina POV--
I drank in the handsome, rugged look of my boyfriend of one year. I loved his smile... it made me want to fall into his arms, without a care for everything around us...

I shook off my thoughts. Now was the time to live in the present, not in my mind. Before we left, I remembered to grab my gift to him, to signify how much I had loved this past year.

Lucina: So, where are we going?

We walked out of the tent and locked arms, as I leaned on his shoulder.

Y/N: You'll see...

He smiled knowingly, and led the way through the forest near our camp. After we passed countless trees, we came to a cliff with a beautiful view of the small town below.

I gasped in awe, as Y/N smiled, looking pleased at my reaction.

Lucina: How have I never seen this before??

Y/N: It's pretty hard to find... I wouldn't have discovered it myself if I hadn't been hunting at the time.

We sat down, and Y/N pulled out a gift, as his cheeks flushed red.

--Y/N POV--
Y/N: H-here... It's not much, but maybe you'll like it.

Lucina tutted, as she took the gift from me.

Lucina: Y/N, I'm sure I'll like it. 

She opened the small box, and gasped. I had given her a jeweled necklace. 

Lucina: Y/N... this is... beautiful.

She hugged me tightly, as I let out a relieved sigh. "Thank you..."

She took it out of the box slowly, admiring the necklace from all angles.

Lucina: Could you help me put it on?

She lightly pushed the necklace into my hands. 

Y/N: Of course!

She swept her hair back so her neck was exposed, allowing me to clasp it on her. She turned to face me, and took my breath away. I blushed, trying to speak, but no words came out.

The necklace somehow added to her beauty. It made me want to kiss her more... Lucina, seemingly reading my mind, swooped in and planted a quick kiss on my lips.

She pulled a small box out of her dress, and handed it to me. 

Lucina: Don't think I didn't get something for you!

Y/N: Oh Lucina, you didn't have to-

Lucina: Please, Y/N. I wanted to get you a gift.

She cupped her hands around my cheeks as she kissed me on the nose. 

Lucina: I love you. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I grinned again, and slowly opened her present, revealing it to be a sheath for my dagger, ornamented with a gem. I turned it over in my hands, feeling it's nice, rough, texture. 

Y/N: Lucina, where did you get this? I've never seen anything like it!

She blushed. "I have my sources..."

I pulled her closer to me as she laid her head on my chest. "I love it... thank you. Happy Anniversary Lucina!"

She put her hands around my neck, and kissed it. "Happy Anniversary, Y/N... Could I ask one more thing of you?"

Y/N: What, my beloved princess?

She frowned while blushing. "I told you not to call me that!"

I put up my hands in defeat. "Fine, fine..." 

I didn't mention the fact that she had a goofy smile on her face when I said that... I liked letting her win.

Lucina: Anyways... could you play my song?

She looked at me hopefully, her eyes wide. I couldn't resist that look, no matter how hard I tried.

Y/N: Of course! Let me get my guitar back in my tent.

We walked back to my tent, hand in hand, passing a few people, most of which greeted us or gave us an occasional tease.

We eventually made it back to my tent, and Lucina took off her shoes and jumped onto the bed, looking at me expectantly.

I sat on a chair, pulling it closer to her, before strumming a bit to get my hands accustomed. When I was ready, I nodded towards Lucina, and she crawled closer to me.

For Me This Is Heaven- Jimmy Eat World

This song belongs to its rightful owner, Jimmy Eat World.

I started singing the lyrics, and Lucina joined in, harmonizing with me.

The first star I see, may not be, a star
We can't do a thing but wait
So let's wait, for one more...

This was a song that she caught me playing once in my tent. She loved it so much that... we've been singing it together ever since. I guess you could call it our song...

After singing the verses, and the chorus, we moved into the second verse, her fingers slowly interlocking with mine.

After singing the second verse, I slowly stopped playing, as I took my hands in hers. We continued, singing the chorus once again, as we slowly waltzed around the bed.

When the time we have now ends
When the big hand goes round again
Can you still feel the butterflies?
Can you still hear the last goodnight?

We continued singing the rest of the song while dancing, and as we neared the end, we gradually closed the space between us, before sharing a passionate kiss. 

When we separated, Lucina rested her head on my chest. "Y/N... I've been thinking..."

Lucina: We've been together for a year already... wouldn't it be nice to... move in together?

I brought my hand up to gently touch her chin, before nudging it upwards so she looked at me.

Y/N: Lucina, I would love to.

She hugged me tighter, letting out a squeak of happiness.

Lucina: I'll talk it over with my father!

By that time, the sun had already started to set. Neither of us felt hungry, so instead, we took off our formal wear and got into bed.

Y/N: Night Lucina...

Lucina: Goodnight, Y/N...

--Lucina POV--
I awoke in the middle of the night thanks to the loud cawing of a raven. After getting my bearings for a second, I slid back into bed.

I looked at Y/N- so peaceful and content. I snuggled up to him and started kissing him a bit.

Lucina: I'll never let you go, Y/N. I'll never let you go...

------------------

And that marks the beginning of this book, and the ending of this chapter! Also, just a piece of advice- that song's gonna have a lot of significance later on, hence the name.

Hope you liked it!

-Fireemblem8cuts

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

349 27 19
Teenagers have never had their lives easy. But Ash and Art were having it especially hard. Being twin brothers, they did everything together. The onl...
828 10 7
Princess Lucina was born in the castle of Ylisse, One day when her mother passed away. Her father Chrom forbid to leave her castle under any conditio...
2K 41 9
A Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright Male Reader Insert story. Y/N along with the other Hoshidan Royals attempt to stop the war that has been going on be...
822 37 22
(Y/N) is a Dragon animatronic that was brought to the PizzaPlex after her own restaurant shut down. Every human who knows about her avoids her becaus...