๐ƒ๐„๐‚๐ˆ๐๐‡๐„๐‘ โ€ข||โ€ข ๐„๐๐ฐ๏ฟฝ...

By NicoletteJ101_Hale

"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ค, ๐š ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ˆ'๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๏ฟฝ... More

า“แดส€แด‡แดกแดส€แด…
INTRODUCTION OF CAST
โœต โฆ๏ธŽ โ˜ฝ๏ธŽ WILDROF FAMILY โ˜พ๏ธŽ โฆ๏ธŽ โœต
โ™• โฆ๏ธŽ โ˜ฝ๏ธŽ SMYTH FAMILY โ˜พ๏ธŽ โฆ๏ธŽ โ™•
โœž๏ธŽ โฆ๏ธŽ โ˜ฝ๏ธŽ VANDERSON FAMILY โ˜พ๏ธŽ โฆ๏ธŽ โœž๏ธŽ
โ„๏ธŽ โฆ๏ธŽ โ˜ฝ๏ธŽ LOCKE FAMILY โ˜พ๏ธŽ โฆ๏ธŽ โ„๏ธŽ
MAIN CASTS
ยซ โฆ๏ธŽ โ€ข Carter Reed Wildrof โ€ข โฆ๏ธŽ ยป
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI

CHAPTER III

1.8K 60 3
By NicoletteJ101_Hale

    The cafeteria was bustling with students. Students chatting among themselves as they find tables, pick out their lunch, and eat lunch. Like every other day the gossipers of the school were gossiping to their friends of what had happened in the days events. Their topic: new students. They were gossiping about the four new students. They were gossiping mainly about Carter and Zion as interesting things had happened around those two. All the students knew about Harper was that she's really friendly and out going the opposite of her brother, Maverick. Maverick was mostly quiet but he was easy to talk to.

    "Like seriously, a three page essay to be passed two days from now? Is Mr. Wildrof insane?" Angela shook her head listening to Jessica rant about the assignment she had to do with Mike. While Jessica was ranting, Mike was simply listening to her. Not caring about the assignment. At least it was by partner and not individual. If the assignment had been by individual, he wouldn't doubt to fail submission of his papers. "It's just an assignment Jessica." Angela said. "It's three pages Angela. Three pages!" Bella was ignoring her friends rant about homework. If you put your heart into it then you'll finish in no time. She was chewing on her salad while thinking back on what she and Edward discussed about during Government with Mr. Jefferson.

    Mr. Jefferson had assigned students by partners to work on an activity he provided. While she had been paired up with Edward, they had talked about a few things regarding Edward's mate. Edward told her of his name, Carter Wildrof, before changing topics. She knew something happened by the way Edward shifted im his seat as she wrote down the answers on their paper. She didn't mind it at first until she had enough when Edward would space out. Not wanting to hide anything from her, he told Bella about the little incident. If she could call it that but since he did, she didn't correct him. She was shocked about the way Edward spoke of him with a loving yet longing look in his eyes. She wanted to change his mind about staying away from Carter but didn't voice it out. Edward was stubborn so there was no point in talking about it.

    "Jessie!" She looked up and saw the new girl, Harper Vanderson. She shared Trigonometry with her and Jessica. "Harper!" Jessica sat up and hugged her friend. Harper noticed Bella and smiled at her. "Hey Bella." Bella nodded with a smile towards the girl. Harper was a sweetheart. She was kind and really out going. She was the opposite of Bella but the girl was somehow interested of her bahevior. During trigonometry, Harper picked up on some things she noticed about Bella. Bella would glance at a blonde girl a few seats away from time to time. Bella wasn't dumb, she knew Harper noticed but thought nothing of it. Bella was simply glancing at Rosalie since one of the new students were in her shared class. Bella was stunned when she saw Harper approach Rosalie and talked to her. She was internally screaming at what she was doing but calmed down when Harper settled in her seat beside Rosalie. Rosalie had an unreadable expression on her face and that's it.

    "Harper. The lines getting long let's go grab lunch already." Bella turned to the boy who stood beside Harper with a longing look towards the lunch line. Harper rolled her eyes as she introduced him to Bella since everyone else at the table knew them. "Bella. I would like you to meet my brother, Maverick Vanderson. Mavz, this is Bella from my trigonometry class." Maverick gave his sister a glare for the nickname. "Don't call me that." He then turned to Bella. "Nice meeting you Bella." She smiled at him. "You too." "Where's Zion and Carter?" Jessica asked as she looked around for the duo. "Zion's probably on his way and Carter? No clue." Jessica nodded as the two siblings smiled down at her. "So how was Switzerland?" Mike asked and Harper scoffed. "Cold. Like really cold." Maverick snickered. "She wore four layers of clothes everyday. If you count if the scarf and coat then she's wearing six." Everyone on the table laughed as he received a whack on the back of his head. "Well I'm not exactly thick skinned like you. Unlike you dear brother of mine, I am delicate." Mike snorted at her words. "You say that but you were a wild child when we were younger." Everyone on the table once again laughed while Harper and Maverick smiled.

    Harper and her brother only smiled since what Mike said never really happened. It was just the fake memories in their mind talking. The day they moved to Forks, the quartet was only at the age of five while they were physically younger than their real age. When they moved to Forks, Serenity was tasked to place fake memories of everyone in town so that no one would grow suspicious of them still looking the same ever since. They never left their house until the quartet were fourteen and then the next year they left for Switzerland. So in reality, they only got to know their four friends for a year. Harper excused herself to grab some lunch with her brother. Jessica waved at them and then waved her hand higher when she saw Zion with a tray in his hand. Zion nodded at her as she stood up. He lifted his hand holding the tray as she hugged him with a smile. "I missed you so so much Zion!" Zion awkwardly patted her back earning a chuckle from the rest. Jessica pulled away from him and sat down, patting the space between her and Bella but Zion shook his head.

    "The four of us are going to sit somewhere else. We have a few things to discuss. And knowing Harper, she'd want to know everything that had happened in the morning." He said as he glanced at his side when some students were whispering about him. He ignored their whispers since it was dumb. "Aw. Maybe next time." Zion deadpanned at her. "There will be no next time." They all snickered at his grimace while Bella was confused. Why were they laughing when his words held truth. Just as Zion was about to walk away, Jessica stopped him. "I want to introduce you to a friend. Bella, Zion. Zion, Bella." Bella nodded with a small smile while Zion only nodded. "Zion! You're finally here." He turned to Harper and Maverick who had trays in their hands. Harper looked around confused. "Where's Carter?" "In the loo." She looked confused at first before understanding and nodded. Bella rose an eyebrow. Loo? What's that? The trio was about to leave when Maverick saw the Cullen's enter the cafeteria. "Who are they?"

    Jessica turned to where Maverick was looking at and let out a sigh. "Here we go again." Angela muttered and the siblings heard it. "They're the Cullen's. The family that moved here on the year you guys moved." Harper nodded. "The girl with the blonde hair is Rosalie and that big guy is Emmett." She said as she played with her salad. "They're like a thing." She added and the siblings rose an eyebrow as Rosalie and Emmett passed them. "Then that girl with the pixie hair, she's Alice. A little weird if you ask me. The guy with her, the one who looks like in pain, is Jasper." "Not today Jessica." She turned and nodded at Angela. "Those two are also a thing. Mr. Cullen's like a matchmaker kind of dad. Then there's Edward. The youngest and really good looking but he thinks he's too good for anyone." They all rose an eyebrow at her words.

    "Oh and their also Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids." The siblings all rose an eyebrow at the words. "When I mentioned thing, they're like together, together." "Is that so bad?" Harper asked with a condescending tone that Jessica didn't pick-up. "Well it's weird. I mean, they all live together." The three siblings were now narrowing their eyes at her. "Jessica." She froze when Harper mentioned her first name instead of nickname. "You are aware that Julian and David are together, right?" Jessica slowly turned to them as she chewed on her lower lip. "Well- yea-" "Then you are also aware that they live in the same house despite being together." She was cut off by Maverick. "Yeah. What I mean was that it's just weird." Zion scoffed. "Living together in one house as lovers or being a foster child?" Jessica flinched at the cold tone in Zion's voice. "No! I never meant tha-" "So you were implying it then?" Maverick asked with a look as she shut her mouth. Harper sighed. "Jessica. Please keep an open mind. Me and the rest of my siblings and cousins are foster children. David and Julian are technically related in a way but they still are in a relationship despite what people think. Let's not also forget about Jameson and Kelsey." Jessica was silent and Harper sighed. "I'll put this conversation behind us for now but if it ever comes to light again then be prepared to lose a friend." Jessica widened her eyes while the rest just listened in shock. Harper, Maverick and Zion then left for a table. Seeing as the only table available was near the Cullen's, they took it while ignoring the stares of people as they sat straight in their seats.

    The Cullen's, who heard everything, didn't know what to say. They were shocked when they heard that the children of the four families were all adopted. None were related at all. And two pairs just happened to be together and are living in the same house.

    With Jessica's friends comforting her and Angela lightly scolding her for her insensitive words, they failed to notice the entrance of Carter Wildrof. Bella was idly picking on her food after the trio left but when everything suddenly became quiet she looked up in confusion. Most of the people in the cafeteria had their eyes trained on the male.that just entered. He looked like a real prince charming. She thought as he looked around and smiled at some students who glanced at him. "That's Carter Wildrof." She turned to Angela who was smiling. "Looks like little Carter has evolved into a real live Romeo." Eric commented as he waved Carter over. Carter saw him and smiled as he approached the group. Jessica perked up at the mention of Carter and turned around and her jaw dropped. "Well aren't you just a doll." She said when he was near and he laughed. "Still calling me that?" He asked and she huffed. "I think I'll start calling you doll face." He scoffed. "Look at you! You're gonna get all the girls with that face. You're definitely a heart throb like Cullen." Carter rose an eyebrow at Mike and shook his head. "Bella this is Carter." Carter turned to Bella and smiled. "Carter Wildrof. Pleasure to meet you." He held out and his and she shook it. "I'm guessing you're Chief Swan's daughter." Her eyes grew and he chuckled. "Jessica and Harper talk on the phone pretty loudly." She chuckled and nodded. "I'm guessing you're the towns pretty boy?" He laughed at the nickname and she blushed at letting it slip.

    "Well it was truly a pleasure to meet you but I gotta go and grab lunch. I can see my cousins giving me the look." He said with a sheepish smile while everyone else chuckled and let him off. He smiled at them one last time before walking over the line and grab a tray. Looking through the array of food, he grabbed a bowl for his salad, a sandwich, a plate of lasagna, an apple, and a box of apple juice. He turned to head to the tablr where his cousins waited but was stopped by a girl who had a smirk. "You're Carter Wildrof, yeah?" He nodded and she smiled offering a hand shake. "Tracy Hill." He felt something wrong with the girl and so he motioned at his hands that was holding the tray and saw her hand twitch in annoyance. "So I heard you're friends with Jessica Stanley?"

    Angela nudged Jessica when she saw Tracy approach Carter. Jessica turned and a look of worry on her face. She was about to stand but Angela held her back and shook her head.

    "We are. Why?" Tracy smirked as she shifted and leaned closer to him. Carter held the urge to scowl at the amount of perfume he smelled from the girl. "You know, you shouldn't be friends with someone like her." He rose an eyebrow. "May I ask why?" She glanced at Jessica and grinned when she saw the girl glaring at her. She turned to Carter and smirked to herself. Once she ruins the image of Jessica she can seduce Carter by making him her friend then when the time comes she'll date him and be the most popular girl. "You didn't know? She likes you even though she's dating Newton. I heard that she plans to dump him and come to you after." Carter only smiled at her which made her swoon. "So me, being worried for you, wanted to let you know that if you ever need someone to go to, I'll be there." She said and Carter hummed and shrugged. "Thank you for the offer but I don't think that will happen anytime soon." Her smiled vanished. "What?" Carter smirked at her with mischief. "I knew about Jessica's crush on me but everyone should at least know that she likes Mike more than me." Her plans were fading. "But-" "And whether I stop being her friend or not does not concern." She was going to lose her opportunity of being popular girl. "I was just trying to be friendly." "You're not from around here, are you?" The question caught her by surprise. "No. I move here last year. Why are y-" "See that's how I know Jessica won't run to me. Nor will she dump Mike for me." She stopped as she stared into his eyes that was swirling with a sliver of malice. "See, Tracy, was it? I've known Jessica for years and you don't. I know things you don't since you are quite literally a knew face in town." She stayed silent as he smiled at her. "I suggest you not to speak ill of my friends or else you will regret ever meeting me." He then walked past her and whispered as he did. "Girls like you disgust me." She flinched and he smiled as he left her standing there.

    When Jessica saw the look of shock, disbelief and fear in Tracy's eyes, she knew that Carter had did his job. You never mess with a Wildrof. That's the most dangerous thing to do. They're not someone who would just play along with you and if they ever did, you'd be playing right into their hands. Carter was not the person you should ever attempt to play. He's one of the most manipulative member of the four families. Both siblings of the Smyth's are manipulative, none of the Vanderson's are manipulative but are equally dangerous, she hasn't met any of the Locke siblings personally but Carter mentioned that Kelsey was manipulative while the twins were baneful and Alexis was really cunning, and the Wildrof siblings we're the worst of them all. All were equally manipulative, malicious, and nefarious. Despite knowing these things, she still stood by as their friends since it didn't matter to her.

    Carter passed his friend and sent her a smile. He walked straight to the table where his cousins were. He passed the Cullen's table and noticed Edward, Alice and Emmett. He sent them a smile and Alice waved and Emmett grinned. "Sup Frenchy." He chuckled at the nickname. Rosalie rose an eyebrow at her mate while Jasper glanced at the three of his siblings. Edward only nodded at Carter before looking away. Once Carter had reached the table where his family was seated. All three stared at him but didn't dare say anything.

    Rosalie turned to Emmett with a look that asked for explanation. "He helped me out during French. He's really fluent at it." Edward furrowed an eyebrow at Emmett. "Since when did you have French?" Emmett shrugged. "Wanted to try it." "And how did it go?" Rosalie asked and Emmett grinned sheepishly. "I'm at lost for words." She shook her head at him. "So how's the ignoring programme doing?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes at Jasper and Edward. Edward refused to look at her while Jasper looked away. Rosalie knew Edward didn't say anything or possibly communicate with the boy by his reaction but Jasper? "Jasper?" The blonde turned to her and then glanced at Zion on the table beside them. "Fine." Was all he said as he stared at his mate.

    Zion felt eyes on him and he looked to see who it was. His eyes landed on Jasper and then he turned away, cloaking his mind, emotion, and presence. Carter noticed this and rose an eyebrow at him. "Something wrong?" Zion turned to him. "Just a tingle." Carter knew something was up so he rose an eyebrow and Zion groaned. "This tingling feeling is seriously bugging me, what make's you think I'll put up with it?" Carter nodded, knowing that Zion won't explain further. Zion glanced back at Jasper and the blonde was still staring so he shook his head.

    Rosalie witnesses the little interaction and clenched her fist. "Weren't you supposed to ignore him?" Edward asked Jasper. Jasper turned to Edward and knew he read his mind. "We were partners. I can't just let him do all the work." Rosalie tilted her head before guessing what happened. "You talked to him?" She asked with a small glare on her face. Jasper took one look at her and knew she wasn't going to any excuse he spouted. "Yes." Her eyebrows knitted together in annoyance. Jasper felt Edward nudge him and knew he also knew about Zion coming over. "He's also coming over today." Her eyebrows rose while Alice grinned at him. Emmett didn't seem bothered but didn't say anything knowing Rosalie would hit him for it.

    "You invited a human to our house?" She sneered in annoyance. Jasper knew this would happen and that he couldn't back out now. "We were assigned as partners for an assignment." "Then why is he coming today?" She asked with a look of disbelief. "He wanted to finish it as fast as possible." She had an incredulous look on her face and Jasper rolled his eyes. "His words. Not mine." Rosalie turned and narrowed her eyes on Zion. "Don't Rose." She glared at him. "He can sense it when someone stares at him." She rose an eyebrow. "So he's paranoid?" "More like a sixth sense." They all heard a scoff and turned to the quartet.

  "Would you two stop that? It's highly inappropriate." Zion said with a scowl.

   "Please. It's not my fault Mavz here eats like a pig." Harper huffed and rolled her eyes at the glare from her brother.

  "'on' 'all 'e 'a's." Her nose wrinkled at him. He held a hand up as he swallowed what seemed like a slice of ripe tomato, he clarified himself: "Don't call me Mavz."

  "Your table manners are deplorable." Zion deadpanned.

  "You have a black hole for a stomach Maverick. There's no need to eat like that." Carter mused at his cousin. Maverick rolled his eyes.

  "My love for food makes me forget about table manners. As for the black hole, that's not true. I don't eat asparagus and broccoli." Carter and Harper laughed at him while Zion shook his head.

    Once the Cullen's felt safe that the family didn't hear them, they all turned to each other. "Why were we worried?" Emmett asked and everyone else shrugged their shoulders. "Alice, do you think you can see a vision about Zi-" Rosalie narrowed her eyes. "-Smyth. About Smyth coming over?" Jasper corrected himself. "Do you think you could also see if any danger comes to Carter?" Edward shook of the glare from Rosalie. Alice shook her head. "If I couldn't see their arrival what makes you think I could see their future?" She asked and the two backed off. "Isn't it weird?" They all turned to Rosalie as she started. "Alice couldn't see anything about them. Nothing appears or comes if it's about them." Everyone nodded to themselves. None of them noticed the secretive glance the quartet spared them. They glanced at each other as Carter smirked.

  "They aren't human." Zion hissed and the others nodded at him. "They're vampires likes us." Harper said in her mind as she chewed on her food. "We're different. We're more dangerous than they are." Maverick shot at his sister as he sipped on his juice. "I just got a message from Jayden. The Cullen's are a vegetarian coven. He said to be careful and not let anything slip." Carter informed and all four silently agreed as they continued with their food.

« « « ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ • ❇ • ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ » » »

    Carter was just walking to his Biology II when he felt himself being grabbed and turned around. He had a look of shock when he came face to face with Edward. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Did you need something Edward?" Carter was confused why the other was staring at him with a guilty expression. "Look, Carter. You ... You shouldn't be involved with me." Carter rose an eyebrow. "What do you mean by 'involve'?" He asked as his arm limped on his side when Edward let it go. "I mean like you shouldn't stay close to me or even try to get to know me." Carter gave him a look crossed between confusion and hurt. "You mean like I shouldn't be friends with you?" He asked and Edward slowly nodded. "I see." Carter trailed off as he grit his teeth and clenched his fist. Edward noticed this and felt the guilt grow. "Carter I-" Carter cut him off. "Save it Cullen." Edward's eyes grew at the cold expression on Carter's face. He knew by his expression, he wasn't going to be getting along with him soon. But he didn't care as long as Carter, his mate, was safe. "And its Wildrof to you, Cullen. Now if you excuse me I have classes to attend to." Edward felt his heart clench at the sight of his mate walk away from him. He was also hurt that Carter called him Cullen instead of his first name.

    Entering his class, Carter took a seat on an empty space and swore when he saw Edward enter the room and sat beside him. He grit his teeth when he felt majority of the eyes were on them. He glanced and saw Angela and Mike and smiled at the two when they waved at him. When the teacher, Mr. Molina, came in they were all handed activity sheets to work with their lab partners. And his lab partner just happened to be the vampire beside him. The vampire he felt connection to. "Mr. Wildrof, since you attended a little late your lab partner will be the one to explain about our past topics." He nodded with a forced smile that quickly faded when the teacher turned his back to him. "I don't need an explanation." He muttered for Edward to hear as he began filling out his paper without batting an eyelash. Edward only nodded as he observed Carter answer the activity sheet and was shocked to see how fast he was. "You're fast." He muttered lowly so that no one would hear him unless they were vampires but Carter heard it. "Tell me something I don't know Cullen." He muttered back and Edward froze. "You heard me?" Carter rolled his eyes. "I'm not deaf, if that's what your asking." Finishing the first page, Carter turned the back and scanned it before answering.

    Edward was still in shock as he continued to stare at Carter who was answering his sheet. He hadn't even started but didn't worry since years of being a student had its perks. He continued to stare at Carter until the boy finished his activity before turning to Edward with a forced smile. "I don't like it when people study me like I'm some foreign creature Cullen so do you mind?" Edward turned to his paper as Carter stood up and handed the paper to Mr. Molina before making up an excuse to leave. Mr. Molina was surprised to see that the new student finished earlier than everyone else and allowed him to leave when he noticed the boy looked genuinely tired and let him go to the infirmary. Carter thanked the teacher and left the room without glancing behind him when he felt Edward's heavy stare on his back.

    When he reached the infirmary, he saw his cousins and all nodded at each other. He glanced at the nurse and saw her eyes glazed over and smirked. "Serenity came by?" Zion nodded at him. "So did Nova. She'll stay like that until we say the trigger word." He nodded as they stood up and walked out of school without any problem. When a janitor saw them, he was about to scold them but a single look from Carter and his eyes was now glazed over as he went back to his business. Zion smirked at Carter as they left the building and headed towards their car. Zion made sure to expland his gift around them to make them invisible to everyone. Scent and presence masked. They all approached the car and left their bag in there before they headed towards the forest.

    "Anyone up for a stag hunt?" Harper asked with a grin as her eyes glowed red and fangs elongated. Her skin became a lot more pale along with the rest of her appearance. Due to her gift, her hair turned platinum blonde and eyes glimmered an icy blue when the red died out. Everyone of them seemed more like the typical vampire but anyone who knew them as a member of their coven would flee knowing the dangers of being around them.

    "I'm up for a mountain lion." All rolled their eyes at Maverick. "The mountains far. We can't travel far because the Olympic coven might catch wind of us." Harper reasoned. "Not to worry, the seer won't be seeing anything about us anytime soon." Carter assured and they nodded at him. "Let's go. I'm craving for some blood right now." Their eyes glowed red before it disappeared and they sped off into the forest.

    They didn't notice that a certain had followed them out when she planned to visit them on her way back from an excuse to use the toilets. She saw them talking by the woods but was shocked when she saw the changes in them, especially Harper. She had a hand to her mouth as they conversed until they were gone in a blink. She was nervous by what she just saw and was about to leave. She gasped when she was met with a two pairs of eyes gleaming with mischief. "Well well. What do we have here?" She froze. "A witness. Well we can't have that now can we?" The other spoke. She was shocked to see a familiar face. Why was she here? "Sorry dear but you're gonna have to forget everything." "What?" The next thing she knew was everything went black as her eyes became glazed. "You will go back to class and say your excuse for being late." "And everything you saw here never happened." "Now off you go."

« « « ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ • ❇ • ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ » » »

  Classes were over and Zion had dreaded for the day to end only to remember he had to go somewhere else. "I am literally regretting my decisions." Harper giggled, Maverick laughed, and Carter chuckled as he patted the shoulder of Zion. "You'll be fine Zee." "What Terry said." Harper piped in and he groaned. "You two aren't helping." As he was lost in thought on how stupid his decision was, Bella Swan approached them with a fidget. "Hey Bella!" Harper greeted the girl and the brunette nodded. "Uhm Carter ... can I talk to you for a minute?" He looked confused but nodded as he followed her. The rest of the siblings observed with a confused expression. "What was that about?" Maverick asked but the other two shrugged. "Whatever that was isn't our business now le-" "Smyth." Zion froze and turned to his side to see Jasper who had a small smile on his face. "We're using my brother's car." "Which one is it? I have to pass by my locker to drop a few things." Jasper knew his mate was a bit nervous but didn't react knowing he would probably be offended. "The black Volvo. I can just wait for yo-" "Thank you but I think its better you go ahead." He nodded as he turned to leave with a smirk on his face. He could hear his mate grumble at his cousins.

    Carter came back and saw the Jasper walk away after what Zion had said. Bella also looked confused. "Did something happen?" She asked Carter when he chuckled. He turned to her. "Something did. And it was interesting." She tilted her head and he shook his head. "Zion's going with Hale for an assignment." He said and she hummed. "Wait. Does Zion like Jasper?" Carter turned to her and shrugged. "Who knows? I can hardly understand the way his mind works but there's a possibility." She smiled when Carter looked away. She was happy that Jasper and his mate were getting along but she was worried about Edward. She noticed how Carter seemed to act different. Unlike in the morning, he was really bright and happy but while at gym he seemed to be bothered by something. She didn't know what so she planned to ask him after class. "What exactly did Edward say to you?" She asked before she could stop herself. Carter's explanation was vague but she knew there was more to what he was saying. Carter grimaced and Bella saw this. "You don't have to tell me. Just know I'm willing to talk his ear off if he ever said anything stupid." He was shocked by her words and felt touched. "Thank you Bella." She nodded at him. When she noticed the Cullen's leaving, she excused herself and jogged after them in the car park. She called Edward and narrowed her eyes at him. "Please tell me you didn't say anything that bothered Carter." Edward looked away and she sighed. "You told him that he shouldn't be involved with, did you?" Edward nodded. "He was bothered by it." He looked up at her. "He was?" She nodded not caring that the rest were listening. "He was acting different during gym Edward. He hardly listened to anything around him. He wasn't even bothered when Mike accidentally hit the back of his head with a ball." Edward let out a low growl. "He was hit on the head?" She glared at him. "Is that all you heard? Edward, whatever you said clearly made him feel ... bad." "He rose an eyebrow. "Bad?" She rolled her eyes. "It's the only word I can think off to describe it. Would you prefer if I said he looked like someone who just got rejected by his crush?" If it were possible, Edward would have blushed at the comment.

    Edward gave Bella one look and saw how worried she was for his mate. Did they become close friends already? Within a day? How was that possible? He's never seen her worry like this ever since he left and he knew, he witnessed how broken she became but she still continued on with life. He was about to speak when Alice gasped. All heads turned to her as she blinked rapidly and shook her head. "What did you see Alice?" Jasper asked while Edward read her mind. While Alice was composing herself she heard someone take a deep intake  of breath. Edward. She shot him a worried look. "What was that?" He asked and she shook her head. "I don't know. It was blurred. Unlike other visions, I couldn't see this one properly." Everyone looked worried. "Alice, there was blood everywhere." Edward whispered and the others widened their eyes. "What?" Rosalie spat. "Blood. Everywhere. It was bloody. Like a massacre happened. Then people, they were blurred and their eyes were glowing red." Edward explained and Rosalie rose an eyebrow. "The Volturi?" Her eyebrows knitted together when the two shook their heads. "Their eyes were glowing red. They were red to begin with." Edward explained. "That's not possible. Our eyes are a permanent color of red or gold. They don't glow." She muttered. "Exactly why I'm worried." Alice said. "These people. They're stronger than the Volturi." Emmett nodded. "We should tell Carlisle. He might know something." They all nodded.

    "Am I ... interrupting?" They all turned and saw Zion glancing at all of them. He noticed Bella and nodded at her and she nodded back. "Yes." "No." Rosalie glared at Jasper as he walked over to the boy. "Nothing important." He mused and Zion arched a brow. "Looked pretty important to me. You all looked like you were discussing and investigation about a murder." Everyone stiffened but Jasper let out a chuckle. "Did we?" Zion narrowed his eyes at Jasper. "Either that or you were plotting a murder against someone." Jasper shook his head at Zion while everyone else just watched as the boy followed him. "Certainly not you if it ever came to be." Jasper mused and held back a smile at the small glare from Zion. "Oh please. Save me the trouble, killing me is a heavy task." The others rose an eyebrow at this. Jasper was curious by the meaning behind his words. "Really? How so?" Zion scoffed. "I'm an escape artist and I just so happen to have a strong sense of self-preservation." Jasper looked interested. "Escape artist? What are you escaping from?" Zion turned to him with a deadpan. "Society." Jasper heard Emmett laugh. Emmett laughed loudly while Rosalie shot him a look but couldn't help the small twitch on her lips. Alice and Edward and laughing lightly while Bella looked confused.

    Carter observed from afar as his cousin enter the Volvo with Jasper Hale and drove off. He had informed David that he will be going home with the Vanderson siblings since Zion would be going somewhere else. David had a look of triumph and he was curious.

  "That boy is manipulative but he just played himself into the hands of Hale."

    Carter had wondered what he meant but shook it off. He saw Bella and Edward together and rose an eyebrow. Were those two dating? Not that he cared. He felt Harper nudge him and he turned to her with a raised eyebrow. "We have to go now. We have a visitor." He nodded. "It's Delancey and Paris." She added and Carter rose an eyebrow. The priestess and predictor of fate? He turned to Harper with a look of confusion and the girl shook her head. "They'll be arriving in the evening." He nodded. "Does David know?" She nodded. "I already sent him a message." "And Zion?" "He'll be back by seven." He nodded at them. "Let's go." The two nodded as they followed him approach the Lexus. "Any guess on why they came?" He asked and the two shook their heads. "No idea. Though I hope it isn't bad news." Maverick muttered lowly that only Carter and Harper could hear. He knew vampires have enhanced hearing but the Olympic coven aren't as sensitive as them. "Whatever the reason for their visit. We are to be at our best behaviour." Carter told them and they nodded.

    Edward glanced when he noticed Carter through his peripheral vision. His mouth was moving but he couldn't hear anything the boy said despite his enhanced hearing. He stared at the form of his mate as he made way to the Lexus instead of the Lamborghini. Carter shook his head at something Maverick said which earned the boy and hit on the head by his sister.

  "Idiot!" She screeched while her brother rubbed the back of his head.

  "What?! I was merely suggesting!" He retorted and she wrinkled her nose.

  "A pizza with broccoli and shrimp rolled into a sushi is fine but peanut butter and chocolate syrup?! That's revolting." Maverick sent his sister an unimpressed look.

  "Of course you'd find it revolting. You don't enjoy food the way I do." She rolled her eyes at him.

  "Carter agrees with me." He turned to Carter who held his hands up in mock surrender.

  "Don't involve me in this. You know my preferences of food." The two sighed.

  "You are addicted to berries." They chorused.

  "Addicted is a strong word." Carter chuckled as he rubbed the nape of his neck.

    Carter suddenly turned to his direction and the smile vanished. His lips pressed into a thin line when he saw Edward. He turned away and entered the car with the two siblings following him. "See?" He turned to Bella, who was also staring at Carter. "He doesn't even smile at you." She said with a sigh as she pulled out her phone when it rang. "I gotta go. Charlie wanted us to eat out and I don't want to miss any assignments." They nodded and said their goodbye as Bella left.

  "She was so beautiful like I felt like I was standing before someone unreachable!"

    The voice of Jessica Stanley reached their ears. The girl had a dreamy look on her face as she spoke to her friends. They didn't care to listen since they know she was just bragging how she met someone who was all powerful and rich and all that. But they froze and opted to listen after she mentioned a name.

  "Nova Vanderson is so amazing! I'm so lucky to see her at the infirmary!"

    Vanderson? They recognised the surname. It was the surname of Harper and Maverick. What was the mother of the siblings doing here? Deciding to get information, they listened to the conversation.

  "Why was she at the infirmary?" Angela asked confused.

  "Does she work here?" Eric asked with a look of interest but it turned into confusion when she shook her head.

  "Harper went to the infirmary because of a head ache. Zion and Maverick were also there." She said.

  "What? Why were they there? Are they alright?" Angela asked in worry.

  "All the nurse said was that they weren't feeling well and had to rest." She said with a shrug.

  "I hope they had a proper sleep before they came to school." Angela muttered.

    "Infirmary? Did they plan this?" Edward muttered to himself as his siblings turned to him. "Do you know something Edward?" Rosalie asked. "Ca- Wildrof was upset with me. He finished the activity Mr. Molina gave us in a few minutes then asked to be excused. Mr. Molina told him to rest at the infirmary." "But they didn't smell anything like the infirmary." Emmett said and all turned to him. "They smelled a lot more like the forest if you ask me." He added with a shrug and they were left confused. "Why would they be in the forest instead of the infirmary?" Rosalie asked. "Dunno." Emmett said with a shrug. Something wasn't right.

« « « ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ • ❇ • ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ » » »

    Sighing as he finished skimming through his papers, Jameson stretched from his seat. After a long day of working with the other doctors and with children, he felt mentally drained. Most of the children who were assigned to him were really adorable and enjoyable to be around. One child had been complaining of a sore throat but has claimed to never eat sweets. When he checked, he saw how inflamed the throat was, the child never ate sweets but that doesn't mean he didn't drink anything sweet. The mother scolded her son for always drinking soda and orange juice and chocolate milk and not bothering to drink water afterwards. Another child came in with a headache and a fever, she hadn't been eating much and was fatigued. A lot of things happened and he didn't want to recall anything. He was tired.

    A knock on his office door had him looking up to see his father and his father's friend, Raynard Richard. "Alright?" He nodded at his father as he stood up from his table. "My day's been well. Yours?" The two surgeons scoffed. "It's only my first day back and I was already in the operating room." Malakai muttered while Ray chuckled beside him. "Your father wouldn't stop complaining about it but he still did it otherwise." Jameson shook his head at the pout on his father's face. "You didn't have to tell my son." Malakai's phone suddenly rang and he excused himself after he gave Ray a folder nodded at Jameson. "What's that?" Jameson asked while Raynard sighed as he approached his desk and handed it to him. "It's a list of patients for Dr. Cullen but your father thought it was best you hand it to him so you could meet him personally." Jameson nodded as he picked up the folder and skimmed its contents before standing up. "I better hand this to him then." Raynard nodded at him as he excused himself to leave. Jameson cleaned up his things and brought his bag with him since his shift was already done.

    He and his father were lucky enough to have the same shift, beginning and ending. Both men didn't have to worry about going home and which care to bring to work. With his bag and jacket in one hand and the folder in the other, he made his way to the reception to ask directions for Dr. Cullen's office. He ignored the dreamy look on the receptionists face as he thanked her and made way to office of Carlisle Cullen. He had to fight the urge to roll his eyes when the girl fluttered her eyes at him asking if he needed anything else. He didn't care for any woman other than his mate, Kelsey Locke. Jameson had always envied David when he found his mate, Julian Locke. He wanted to be happy the same way his brother was but knew he had to wait for his mate to appear. So when he saw Kelsey's dying form he carried her to Malakai, asking him to turn her because she was his mate. Kelsey was everything he ever expected from his mate. She was like a nagging mother towards him but often times she acted like your typical girlfriend wanting attention from her boyfriend who was in the arcade with his friends. Kelsey craved his attention. She loved skin contact, she liked to hug people a lot. It didn't bother him since he knew his mate would never betray him for anyone.

    Reaching the office, he knocked before entering. "Excuse me. Doctor Cullen?" The man on the desk looked up with a hum. When Jameson saw the blonde, he knew right then an there he was a vampire. No wonder why his father wanted him to meet the man personally. "Yes?" "My father asked me to hand this to you since he's currently on a call." The blonde took the folder and skimmed. "May I know who your father is?" He asked not looking up. "Malakai Wildrof." Carlisle looked up at Jameson with a look of shock. "You are Malakai's son?" Jameson nodded and he smiled as he placed down the folder on his desk. "I'm Carlisle Cullen, nice to meet you." "Jameson Wildrof. Its a pleasure working with you." Carlisle nodded at his politeness as he motioned at his things in hand. "Has your shift ended?" Jameson glanced at his bag and jacket before nodding. "It has. Earlier than expected though. Father and I have the same start and end of shift." Carlisle nodded. "I heard you moved away, may I ask for the reason?" Jameson shrugged. "Switzerland. Mother was given a job opportunity and she also was doing a project. My aunts also took the opportunity to branch out their work. Father and uncle didn't do anything since father wanted to continue his work here and uncle used the two years as a vacation from work."

    Carlisle nodded, not seeing anything odd about them. When he met Malakai, he felt a great surge of power from the man. He had an aura of superiority and power, much like the three kings but stronger. But meeting the man's son, he knew that the man was simply a great man and not like them. A knock on the door had them turning around. "Hey Carlisle I see you've met my son." Carlisle nodded. "I have. Are you two leaving now?" Malakai nodded. "A visitor came over and my wife has asked us to be there to entertain them." He said with a chuckle while Jameson smiled. He knew what his father said was a lie. He could easily detect them. At the mention of visitors, he knew it was someone from their coven alliance in France, Victoire coven. "I see. I would love to meet your family soon." "As do I." Jameson saw the gleam in his father's eyes before they left Carlisle's office. Heading straight out to their car, Jameson got in the passenger seat while his father entered the drivers seat.

    "So who's coming?" Jameson asked his father as Malakai started the engine. "Delancey Simon and Paris Dubois." "From the Victoire coven." Malakai nodded as he drove out of the car park. "Did they say why their coming?" Malakai hummed. "A vision." "You mean a prophecy?" Malakai sighed. "Yes but Delancey called it a vision so we'll just go with that." Jameson nodded. "Did she mention about what it was?" Malakai was silent before he spoke. "It's about your brother." Jameson's eyes widened. "David?" Malakai snorted and shook his head. "How I wish." Malakai's words were serious as his expression became grim. "It's Carter." Jameson furrowed his eyebrows. "What about Carter?" Malakai's grip on the wheel tightened. "Paris didn't go into detail but..." Malakai sighed as they arrived. "All I could say was that he never should've gone through that." Jameson's eyes widened in horror. "His gift." Malakai nodded as he killed the engine. "Something's going to happen." He said with a sigh as he turned to his son. "And it's not going to be a pretty sight."

« « « ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ • ❇ • ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ » » »

ᴊᴏsᴇᴘʜ ᴍᴏʀɢᴀɴ ᴀs ʀᴀʏɴᴀʀᴅ ʀɪᴄʜᴀʀᴅ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 382 44
She moves from the small town of Mystic Fall to the small town of Forks and just when her cousin Bella moves back to Bella and her mother never liked...
868K 22.7K 35
Ezra Geralds has lived in Forks, Washington almost all of his life. He lived his life in a steady routine. School, swim practice, work then home. He...
63.2K 1.8K 27
When the Twins, Bella and James move to the small town of Forks, they soon realize that something lurks inside the town. Bella and James much choose...
73.6K 1.3K 13
Everyone knows Renesmee Cullen right? Well if you don't you liver under a rock. Well what if Renesmee has a younger twin who is hated by Edward, Bell...