Scion University

By dementedlybroke

A hidden university that only accepts two kinds of students; the smart and the brilliant. This university ha... More

[ Prologue ]
[ Chapter 1 - Cana Vandia ]
[ Chapter 2 - House of the Brave ]
[ Chapter 3 - A Welcoming Fight ]
[ Chapter 4 - A Team for Two ]
[ Chapter 5 - No Warm-Up ]
[ Chapter 6 - A Private Talk ]
[ Chapter 7 - Challenge Accepted ]
[ Chapter 8 - Aftermath ]
[ Chapter 10 - A Confession or Two ]
[ Chapter 11 - Envious of a Clown ]
[ Chapter 12 - A Journal ]
[ Chapter 13 - The Owner ]
[ Chapter 14 - Formulating Groups ]
[ Chapter 15 - Sports Fest ]
[ Chapter 16 - Ace Quits ]
[ Chapter 17 - The Prideful One ]
[ Chapter 18 - The Final Event ]
[ Chapter 19 - London Baby ]
[ Chapter 20 - Big Ben ]
[ Chapter 21 - Ace's Past ]
[ Chapter 22 - A Threat ]
[ Chapter 23 - A Prideless Action ]
[ Chapter 24 - Meeting Vandia ]
[ Chapter 25 - Dr. Sony ]
[ Chapter 26 - Abigail's Party ]
[ Chapter 27 - Three Shots ]
[ Chapter 28 - A Night with Tine ]
[ Chapter 29 - Joey Juarez ]
[ Chapter 30 - 65th Anniversary ]
[ Chapter 31 - To Italy ]
[ Chapter 32 - Chivalry ]
[ Chapter 33 - Reconciled ]
[ Chapter 34 - Human Heist ]
[ Chapter 35 - In the Basement ]
[ Chapter 36 - Golden Epitaph ]
[ Chapter 37 - His Vow ]
[ Chapter 38 - To Meet Vandia Again ]
[ Epilogue ]

[ Chapter 9 - Unknown Number ]

158 57 24
By dementedlybroke

His plead was apparent.

Cana, please. 

Two words that had two problems. 

One was the fact that he called me by my name. He never calls me by my name, it was always Vandia this, Vandia that. 

Two, he said please. He was pleading, something I never thought a Beta would do. 

I knew that they were human as well but I never have seen anyone from Beta plead all my life, he was the first. I've always thought that they would rather die than ask for any sort of help. 

I turned around and looked him straight in the eyes. 

Those eyes are probably the bluest eyes I have ever seen. His stare burned right into me, he didn't want me to exit that door and he was doing all he could to stop me. Using his will power to make me turn and come back. The fact that I was facing him made him triumphant. 

"For a future doctor, you don't seem to quite understand the situation you are in. Why won't you just let the nurse help?" I sighed. 

"Being taken care of by the nurse means filling up personal information sheets, that would be a drag," he slumped back at the bed as if he was convinced that I was not going to go out anymore. 

"That is your reason?" I almost screamed. 

"And they will also notify your parents," he added and that was when it finally hit me. 

He didn't want to worry about his foster parents, was he being considerate of them? Was he actually fond of them? Memories of his banter with Tony in front of the examination hall came back, he only got defensive when Tony mentioned his family. 

I guess he really cared for them. 

I paced toward him. 

"Jack Aceson Juarez actually has a soft side to him after all," I managed a smile as I teased him. 

He looked vulnerable as he held the ice pack back to his chest. I've never seen him this transparent, he always placed huge barriers around people. 

He seemed to pout and I bit my lower lips, he looked kinda cute. 

I opened the cabinet of the bed table and found Tylenol for pain relief and a stack of clean bandages. He told me to ice it a little before bandaging it up and so I did. 

I tried my best to recall the lessons I had of first aids back in high school. I beamed proudly when I was able to properly bandage his ankle. He would recoil every now and then when I seem to touch a painful spot but I was still able to finish it well. 

"I don't know if that will help but I tried my best," I placed my hands on my waist and took a deep breath. 

"You did it wrongly," he commented but I could sense that he was still grateful. 

"Do it yourself then," I rolled my eyes at him. 

He didn't respond, instead, he patted the side of his bed, gesturing for me to sit. I was curious about his gesture, was he going to tell me something?

I felt shy to sit beside him at first but eventually, I did. 

I felt my heart start to pound again, being near him seems to always excite me. I anticipated what he was about to say but he didn't say anything, instead, he moved. 

He sat down and looked me straight in the eyes. I found myself starring at his maximum face. I suddenly felt deja vu, remembering how close he was back then when we were at the infirmary on the fourth floor. The only difference was that this time, I didn't move or fight my way out. 

His eyes seemed to analyze every feature I had on my face which made me felt conscious. He looked past my baby hair, my cheeks, my nose, eyes, and finally my lips. He stopped and stared at it hungrily. He seemed to unconsciously bit his lower lips. 

His right hand moved and made its way on my cheeks, it felt warm. 

Every cell in my brain screamed for me to look away and move away but my heart's orders were more superior, it told me to stay. 

"I'm going to kiss you,"  he announced softly.

I didn't nod, I didn't shake my head, I just looked at him appalled and surprised. 

He gave me a good second to think through what he said but right before I was about to disagree, his lips met mine. 

My head went haywire. My logical train of thoughts seemed to crash. I tried my best to think of all the reasons why this was wrong. 

Being in a relationship with someone from another house is forbidden. 

I hated his guts ever since I met him.

He was cocky, mean, conceited, and always so full of himself. 

And the most important one of all, 

He is Jack Aceson Juarez. 

I had all the reasons in the world to push him away but I couldn't bring myself to do it.  Ace had taken over me, not just my lips, he got a hold of my whole body. 

The kiss started off gentle but right now it was fierce. Our lips clashed with one another as if we were having a fight, he was dominating of course. His hand that used to the on my cheeks was now making its way up my hair, tangling it in a mess, while his other handheld my waist. 

He tilted my head a little, giving him more access to my lower lips. He nibbled on it playfully before asking for access inside, I gave it to him without hesitation. 

His tongue entered my mouth, colliding with mine. The kiss grew and soon I started to run out of air. My hands that were now on his bare shoulders, gripped him tightly, signaling that I was about to lose air soon. He gave me a few seconds to breathe as he pecked my chin towards my neck. 

I craned a little, giving him more access. 

Cana, snap out of it. 

That was when I pushed him away. 

I stood up and felt myself still blushing. I turned around and headed for the door, I had no idea what to say and I didn't want to stay longer to make it more awkward. 

"I said it's not a part of my plan to go against the school rules but Vandia," he paused which gave me enough time to look back at him. 

"I don't mind bending it for you."

I couldn't make out my expression so I left in a hurry. When I was in a good distance away, I felt myself gasp a ball of air, I had been holding my breath. 

Was this another one of his jokes? 

Was he serious?

Why can't he be straight forward? 

I rubbed my temples as I made my way towards the Cafeteria on the fourth floor. It's been an hour, I bet Anne and Tony were getting mad at me now. I told them I was going to follow them quickly but my plans got ruined by Ace. 

"Where have you been?" Tony asked he was scanning me, trying to see what he can conclude from just my looks. 

"I was with, um, Nathan, we discussed a few things about our exam just now," I lied. 

"Nathan, who was sitting a few tables away from us just now," Tony raised an eyebrow. 

"You're not fooling me, he was with me, maybe you saw someone else," I stuck to my story. I had seen Nathan patrolling near the Kappa dormitories while I was on the way here, he couldn't have been here. 

Anne glanced at me and stuck up for my story, she knew I was lying but she felt like I was lying for a reason. 

"Anyway, have you heard? There is a girl from Kappa who is going to be suspended," Anne changed the topic. 

"Who?" I asked but before Anne could answer again, Tony interrupted. 

"Let's not talk about that." 

Tony looked furious as he stared at his strawberry milkshake, his gaze seemed to be picking a fight with the innocent cup. 

Anne and I gazed at each other and communicated telepathically. We realized that Tony knew about it somehow but he doesn't want to talk about it so we didn't press on it. 

The rest of our topics that evening were light-hearted, Tony would joke every now and then resulting in Anne bursting into laughter. I would have done the same if only I wasn't caught up in my thoughts about Ace. 

10:51 pm. 

I was already lying down in bed, still thinking about what had happened in the infirmary just now. I placed a finger on my lips as I recalled his on it. I squeezed my eyes shut, mentally screaming at myself for even letting it happen. 

I wanted to slap myself or even punch myself, I was about to do so when my phone lighted up. 

There was a message, my phone was always muted that was why I never really had the chance to reply back to messages in a hurry. Whoever had just messaged me was quite lucky.

From Unknown: I want water

I blinked at the message once and then twice. Did someone send the wrong message?

To Unknown: I think you have the wrong number

I didn't take my eyes off the phone, instead, I waited. It notified again.

From Unknown: Vandia, I'm dying, I need water. 

My hand met my forehead. It was Ace, I was sure of it. 

I was pretty sure he was still at the infirmary but when I got there with a bottle of water, the room was empty. 

I was hesitating to go to Beta's dormitories. As I have said, there were no rules against it but it was really weird to be in another house's dormitory. 

I made sure to look if there was anyone outside before I dashed across the empty hallway, straight for Ace's room. No one had seen me, everyone seemed to be asleep already, or busy. 

There were also no rules about going inside the dorm of another gender's, this was why Tony could easily go inside my room when he wanted. 

Anything that happens inside dormitories, murder, abusing drugs, sex, it was not something the school answers to. The students and the guardians know about this. The school wanted us to live like normal college students at Scion University. 

Of course, this was a totally different situation since Ace and I was from different houses. 

If I was inside Tony's room right now, anything that happens inside was beyond the school. But since I was inside the room of another gender from another house, rumors about the two of us being in a romantic relationship can start to spread. The idea did not thrill me which was why I was very sneaky. 

I fell onto my knees and leaned against the wall when I entered Ace's room. 

He stared at me with his blue eyes, beguiled.

I huffed and stomped towards him, giving him the water like a stuck-up child. 

"You owe me," I snapped. 

"You actually came," he burst into a fit of laughter which caught me out of the guard. 

I stared at him bleakly until he finally gained his composure. 

"You said you needed water," I reasoned. 

"But I didn't ask you to bring me one, did I?" he bit his lower lips. 

He had changed into his nightclothes. He was wearing a plain white shirt and his bottom half was covered in his blanket. His jet black hair was a little damp, it hanged on his forehead, it looked like he just took a bath. 

"You said you needed one," I tried to reason out again. 

"So if I said I needed the latest iPhone will you buy me one too?" he pouted like a kid. 

He was making a fool out of me. I was about to walk out when he called out to me, his voice still sounded cheerful. 

"Thanks, Vandia, I can't believe you actually came but I wouldn't go out if I were you," he suggested. "Abigail is holding a party tonight, that was why the hallway was empty when you came but right about now I bet most of them are going to be out and about already." 

"What time will the hallway be empty again?" I asked. 

"Maybe around four at least or three," he shrugged and my eyes went wide. 

The thought of me staying here until it was an early morning made me flustered and a little annoyed. I wanted to get a good night's sleep since examinations just ended but now I was stuck in Ace's room. 

I stretched my long hair which got messy in an instant. I was wearing an oversized blue hoodie, dolphins shorts and a black singlet inside. Despite the hoodie, I was starting to feel cold. Ace had his aircon on, it was freezing. 

Ace seemed to notice this so he asked me to come over. He patted his bed again and I shook my head. 

"I'm gonna stay at the sofa," I pointed at his sofa that was at the foot of his bed. Ace frowned but let me do as I please, he shifted closer to me when I sat down. 

"Are you mad, Vandia?" he sounded a little guilty. 

"No, I'm just tired and well cold," I was not the type to lie about such things. I didn't have to sugar coat it either. He might make my heartbeat but my personality when it comes to these things remain.

"What if someone comes in?" I asked when I realized I had not locked the door. He pressed something by his bedside deck and a click came from the door. He didn't bother responding to me, he continued to study me instead. 

I started to hide my hand inside my pockets when something heavy was thrown on my forehead. It was his comforter and a pillow. 

"What will you use?"  I asked.

"Get mine from the drawer," he smiled sheepishly. I groaned he could have just asked me to get mine from his drawers but instead, he gave me his which still had his scent on it. 

I got up and took another comforter from his cabinet. It was neatly arranged and folded, in fact, his whole room was very neat and organized, it was not something you would expect to see in a college boy's room. 

When I gave him the comforter I noticed that his left ankle was no longer bandaged, he must have taken it off when he showered. How was he even able to shower? In the first place, how did he get back to his room? 

"Do you have new bandaged? I'll whip that up for you again, you shouldn't let it loose, it might get worst," I headed towards his drawers to look for bandages. 

"Yeah, the second drawer on the left," he instructed. 

I got the clean bandage and started to bind his ankle properly again. His burn mark above his ankle was still bothering me, I fought back the urge to question him about it. 

"Don't you wanna sleep next to me?" He asked and I choked on the bottle of water that I had bought for myself. I was sitting comfortably on the sofa when he suddenly sprung this question. 

"Why would I want to sleep next to  you?" I sounded a little too defensive. 

"The bed is comfy unlike the sofa," he spoke as if he was just stating a fact. 

I didn't respond, instead I wrapped the comforter around me and made my self comfortable on the sofa. Ace continued to stare at me, fascinated.

"You look like sushi," he laughed and I smirked right at him. 

"That's alright, sushi's are delicious."

He paused briefly before I found him smile cheekily,  "And so were you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:"))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513 53 25
Here's to the girls who find Bad Guys more appealing than Good Guys. In the vibrant world of an Arts and Literature College, Emily dances on the brin...
14.3M 578K 43
"You want me to be a genius or do you want me to fuck you?" • • • The Alexandrettia is the finest school in the state, known for producing the smarte...
514 257 20
Welcome to Princeton Academy, one of the most elite universities in the world...where nothing and no one is at it seems... It's home of the Dragon, S...
15.9K 628 14
St. Farlington's Manor. The most prestigious boarding school in England. Veneered with disciple, prosperity and class, it also hides a dark underbell...