Two Negatives Make a Positiv...

By midnight_breezee

KTH (WATTPAD FEATURED) "Nothing can separate us, not even death." "We will always be together." "I am your m... More

Prologue
BEFORE STARTING WITH THE BOOK
Characterization
2. Positivity
3. Open Up
4. Am I Special to You?
5. A dark spot on a white Sheet
6. If not for Tae...
7. Impatience vs Comfort
8. loop hole
9. Checkmate
10. You've Shown Me to Love Myself
11. The last rose petal
12. Two Negatives Became Positive [End]
Conclusion

1.It's Only You.

444 45 52
By midnight_breezee

The car took a rash turn.

It directly hit the truck.
* * * * *

Sri sat upright, drenched in cold sweat. Her ears were still ringing from the crash she had heard in her nightmare. The ticking of the clock and her loud exhalation were the only sounds that disturbed the morning peace. It was 6am.
"Another nightmare...", She sighed, wiping off the beads of sweat on her forehead.

Sri was only 14 years old when the accident took place. She still had nightmares of the horrid past, even after 6 years. How much she wished to go back in time and change everything! Only if she had prevented them from fighting...

She ran her fingers through her soft cheeks. They were drenched in tears. An involuntary sob left her lips. Her heart clenched more as she thought of that day. She hugged herself to provide some warmth to her shivering body. She kept on sitting on her bed for the next ten minutes before composing herself.

No one was there to support her. No one was there to hug her and whisper 'its okay.' No one was there to promise her a brighter future. She was alone. She was the only hope to herself. As time flowed, she learnt to cope with the harsh reality. She learned to comfort herself. She began promising herself a brighter future. She learned to love herself.

It was the first day of her work. Sri got neatly dressed in a light green attire and combed her dried hair into a messy bun. Some strands were left loose to give her a natural beauty. Makeup was not her thing, hence she saved some time. She worshipped her late parents and left her house.

---...-...-...---

T

he city of Daegu seemed a lot more chaotic that usual. The traffic was high and the footpath was crowdy. Maybe because it was a busy Monday morning or maybe people were just enjoying the warm sun.

"Unnie, will you play with me?" A familiar childish voice caught her attention. Sri turned around with joy evident on her face. She was fond of kids. "Hi Millie, How are you?"

The little one showed her full set of milk teeth. "I am fine! Now, can we please play?" The impatient soul began pulling her skirt. She was in no mood to converse. Game was what Millie was waiting for.

"I- Actually, I have an appointment today. I can't play with you dear. I promise to fulfil you wish tomorrow."

"Nooo, I want to play with you." Millie whined. She didn't know what was work. She only knew her friend was not ready to play with her. She got stubborn and pulled the older towards the park.

"Slow down! I will fall." Sri scolded but everything fell in deaf ears.

They entered the children's park. A lot of children were playing while the guardians chatted in groups. Laughter and giggles echoed through the place. Children were an epitome of genuine happiness. A land of children is no less than a heaven. Sri would rather spend her rest of the life around them. But not every wish is possible to become reality.

"Start counting!". Millie ran to hide.

"Okay...but only for five minutes. I have some work to do."

Sri was searching for her when suddenly she bumped into someone's chest. The man seemed tall and well built. She stumbled and almost fell on the ground, but a hand grabbed her waist, steadying her momentum.

"You okay, Miss?" His voice was deep like ocean. It held so much authority and gentleness at the same time. The voice alone seemed to enchant her. It brought unintended calmness in her distressed soul. She would have found him attractive only if she could 'see'.

"I-I am sorry, but I cannot see. I am visually challenged." Sri stuttered. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her hammering heart.

The person seemed to be taken aback. He took some seconds to reply. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that. May I help you?"

His voice was full of concern. Sri wanted to befriend him, but she was getting late for work. She didn't want to get marked on her first day. "Thank you for asking. But I should really get going."

She lost the contact of the hand that was snaked around her waist, an indication that it was the end of their small duologue. It was probably the first and the last time she would meet him. She felt his presence fade away until he was heard no more. He was gone, just like any other stranger. But this particular stranger sure did get etched in her mind. She resumed searching for Millie.

The Man stood in the park for a while. The warm autumn wind swept through his black curls. He took in a refreshing breath, enjoying the warm morning weather. He could still smell the sweet cologne of the unnamed stranger. Something told him that this was not the last time he would meet her. An invisible string of fate had already tied them together.

Suddenly someone tapped his shoulders. The man knew it was his manager as well as the care taker, John. The most responsible person he had ever seen. John never let him away from his sight. He always made sure to guard him. "Sir Kim, why did you come here alone? You should have called me. You know its unsafe for you to roam around like this."

"I've repeatedly told you not to call me 'Sir'. Call me only Taehyung. And thanks, but no thanks, I like to spend my time alone." Taehyung replied politely to his father-like figure.

John chuckled at his master's words. "Calling you Taehyung is not possible. My ethics won't permit." Taehyung smiled and went along with him. It was not the first time they had this conversation. It was a daily routine for them.

Kim Taehyung was a rich businessman. He was a bachelor. His father had died recently leaving behind his enormous wealth and property for his son. But no matter how much money Taehyung had, he was always alone and left out. He neither had any close friend nor any close relatives. He didn't find happiness in money. He spent most of this time sitting alone in his room.

Talking about his psyche, he was perfect from every angle-tall, handsome, smart, bold and everything that a guy should have. The only problem was... ... well you will get to know it soon.

Taehyung was sitting on his couch looking blankly at the sky when John entered. "Sir? This is Sri, your new attendant...And Sri, meet sir Kim Taehyung, your new master."

Sri bowed at the direction where she assumed her new Master was. She was nervous, how could she not be when life is always busy giving her lemons?

Will he be a gentleman? Will he be generous? Or he will take advantage of my disability? What if he touches me?? Her brain got clogged with the worse possible thoughts.

She would rather leave the job if she was insulted for her disability. She was determined to give her best and leave no reason for him to point out. Her trance was broken by the sound of the door. John had left the two alone.

"Sir, it there something you need?" She asked softly.

Taehyung's ears perked up at her voice. He recognized it instantly. "Aren't you the girl whom I had met in the park today?"

Sri recognized his unique voice too. A feeling of happiness washed over her for some unknown reason. Perhaps she would not be treated bad here.

"I-I am sorry, I couldn't recognize you back then." She felt shy recalling her last encounter. Her voice was sweet and soft, contradicting to Taehyung's.

"Can you fetch me a glass of water from the table?... Unless you're sure you can walk there safely."

That was it, all her expectations went down the drain. He was same as any other rich businessman, arrogant and self-centred. They always look down upon others. She mentally scolded herself for keeping her hopes high.

"Sir, don't doubt me. I may be blind but I will prove myself more efficient than any other normal girl." She didn't raise her voice but she sounded serious, hurt was evident in her speech.

Taehyung did not reply. Her answer had shut his mouth. He wasn't angry, he was rather surprised to see her confidence. Sri went to fetch water without further ado.

---...-...-...---

Finally, Sri got home after the day's work. She changed Her clothes into a hoodie and shorts. She washed her face and looked into the mirror. Her dark brown wet hair fell freely on her back. Her face was paler and her eyes had heavy bags. She was sleep deprived and stressed out, yet she looked beautiful. Only if she could see her beauty.

Nevertheless, Sri was thinking about something else. It had been 6 years since her parents died in that accident. She still remembered every single incident of that disastrous day in her life. It gave her Goosebumps as if it had happened the last night. She missed them very much. She missed their little family moments.

**Flash Back**

Sri opened her eyes in the hospital. She could hear the doctor calling her name, but she couldn't see anything.

"How are you feeling?" A manly voice reached her ears.

"I am good doctor. But why can't I see anything?"

The doctor hesitated before replying. "I am sorry, Miss Sri. Your cornea is gravely damaged as a result you will not be able to see anymore"

Sri lost her voice. She couldn't believe the doctor. He said she was blinded? She could not see anything and wouldn't be able to again! She would be deprived of the world and its beauty. The colours in her life were consumed by the darkness forever. She would have to lead a life of a crippled henceforth?!

Everything seemed muffled around her as her breathing got heavier. She wished to scream but her vocal cord was paralyzed. Her injuries were also not helping.

"I understand your situation. Despite of trying our best we couldn't do anything. There are somethings which even science can't solve." He spoke with pity. He slowly patted her shoulder and was about to leave, when-

"M-Mom?D-Dad? W-Where are t-they?" She managed to squeak. Her voice was bearly audible.

"And about that........."

Sri thought life was miserable after loosing her eyesight but when she lost her parents everything came crashing down upon her. She felt like she had been bought back from the underworld. She had been cursed with a life of an eternal torture and grief. Why was the life being unfair to her? What was her fault here?

________________________________________________________________________________

So how is the beginning? Is is interesting? Should i continue with the next part?

vote and comment. --Jeongsri

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 3.7K 14
Can Jung HyeWin win Jungkook's heart by her caring? And will Kim MinAh be able to bring out the truth that Jungkook was not a mute? Let's find out in...
2.9K 127 13
The third book of Cursed By Fate making it also the last from this series, the third book begins many years later. (Y/n) (you) are now 24 in the seco...
87.9K 2.2K 33
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
2.8K 376 11
|π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ| "Hi Jungkookie" I sweetly smiled at him. I am so happy for him. He finally woke up from his deep slumber. He finally recovered...