๐ฎ๐ง๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง, daryl dixon

By shalabiz

โ in the sound of silence, we found sanctuary. in every word unspoken, love. โž da... More

unspoken
edit
part i
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
part ii
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
part iii
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty

twenty-eight

13K 615 1K
By shalabiz

.・゜゜・
* if you'd like, when you see this star, begin listening to "reconciliation" by bear mccreary! it's from the walking dead soundtrack and i feel that it really enhances the experience. i was listening to it while i wrote the end of this chapter :) hope all of you enjoy! x

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
( 𝘚𝘛𝘈𝘙𝘚. )

DESPITE THE LATE NIGHT, Murphy awoke early the next day to get to work. Because of the trouble with Pete, she thought it best to let him warm up to the idea of her joining him at work. Murphy was able to catch a few moments to look over the facility while he was in and out of the infirmary. It had plenty of equipment and more than enough medicine. Murphy would have loved to start then and there, beginning checkups or something that would help the people, but she didn't want to create any conflict. She had the rest of the group to think about, not just herself. They all needed this place.

Because of that, she opted to spend the day with Maggie and Deanna. It was a calm evening. Murphy couldn't recall a time where she was ever able to sit down with a cup of coffee, discussing plans for the future with two incredible and brilliant women. Alexandria was in good hands, that was certain. The expansion would allow an area for crops and more buildings. They'd be completely self-sufficient. For the first time since the beginning of all of this, Murphy had faith in not only people... but community as well.

Slowly, the day went by and the sky grew dim. It was time to head home. Maggie and Murphy bid Deanna good night, and left her house. They spoke with each other, looking around the blossoming neighborhood and envisioning something more- something greater. As they reached the house, a voice called Murphy's name from behind them.

"Murph."

They turned around to see Daryl approaching, wiping his hands with his red rag. He had been doing some finishing repairs to the bike, Murphy assumed. He slowed his gait as he approached, his shoulders swinging with every step. A wide smile broke across her face.

Maggie set a hand on her shoulder, "I'm gonna head inside. Have fun."

Murphy rolled her eyes playfully as Maggie entered the house, throwing one last look over her shoulder at the two. Murphy's eyes fell away from the door as it closed, and she turned to face the man who made her day.

"Hey," she smiled, stepping closer. "You finish the bike?"

Daryl hummed, stuffing the rag into his pocket once more. He left his hands in his back pockets, his shoulders pulled back. He bit his lip nervously, "I was wonderin'... you wanna go on a ride?"

Murphy's jaw dropped slightly, but her face warmed as well. She responded softly, "I've never been on a motorcycle before."

"This'll be the first time, then," Daryl responded with no hesitation. He set a gentle hand on her upper back. "C'mon."

Daryl lead her to the motorcycle he pulled out of the garage. His hand slipped from her back and he stepped closer to the vehicle. He swung his leg over the bike and looked at her expectantly with his hands propped on his thighs, "Hop on."

Murphy sighed, moving to climb on behind him. Her hands were set on his shoulders as she swung her leg over the bike. As she sat down, they slid down to fall around his middle. Her palms pressed against his torso and Daryl could feel her soft breaths against his neck. He tensed, and Murphy immediately noticed.

"Is this okay?" she asked, her hold loosening slightly.

"Yeah, yeah," he whispered over his shoulder. "It's perfect."

Murphy nodded, letting her arms wrap around him once more. Daryl's hands fell to the handle bars as he relaxed. He brought the engine to life, the roaring sound echoing through the streets. As soon as the bike moved forward, however, Murphy yelped. She pulled herself closer to his back and pressed her cheek against his shoulder. Daryl stopped, but the engine still rumbled.

He looked over his shoulder in concern, but couldn't help the grin that crossed his face as he saw her eyes screwed tightly shut, "Nothin's gonna happen."

"You know how many injuries I saw from motorcycle accidents?" she asked shakily. "And we're not wearing helmets!"

Daryl let a low chuckle escape his mouth, his eyes still on her, "You're ridiculous."

"I'm careful!" Murphy defended, cracking open her eyes to meet his. "Keep your eyes on the road."

Daryl turned to face forward, the remains of a smile on his face, "Yes, ma'am."

With that, he drove to the gate, waiting for the guard to fully open it. Once they were off on the country roads, Daryl increased the speed bit by bit. Murphy's tight grip slowly relaxed as she got used to the feeling of the motorcycle on the road. The warmth of her body against his was something Daryl couldn't get out of his thoughts. His mind was focused on every place she touched him, sending his stomach into a frenzy of feelings. But the wind blowing through their hair grounded the two of them. Murphy felt a wide smile cross her face as she began to enjoy the feeling of the outside world once more. She propped her chin on Daryl's shoulder, her hands still wrapped around his waist.

They drove for a while before Murphy felt the bike slow. She furrowed her brows in confusion as Daryl brought them to a stop beside a sprawling grassy field, "Why did we stop?"

Daryl looked down as he put the kick stand up with his foot. He looked over his shoulder and shook the hair out of his eyes, "Sky looked pretty."

Murphy's eyes shone with an inexplicable emotion as her gaze flicked from him to the sky. He could not have been more right. The clouds were colored with hues of red, orange, and pink. The sun was setting over the Virginian hills, creating a golden glow. The two basked in the light as they climbed off of the bike. Their steps were slow and deliberate as they made their way into the field, leaving the motorcycle behind on the road. They came to a stop in the midst of the open area, and carefully sat on the cool grass wordlessly. Murphy leaned back on her arms and crossed her legs, while Daryl pulled his knees close to his chest. Their arms brushed as they admired nature's beauty.

Murphy felt Daryl's gaze on the side of her face and she turned to him, "What?"

Daryl shook his head with a soft smile on his lips, "Nothin'."

Murphy scoffed, turning back to the sky with a teasing expression, "Fine."

The two sat in silence for quite a while, but not once did they find it awkward. Their presence alone was enough to fill the void of quietude. Their eyes traced the ever-changing sky, and they listened to the sounds of the undisturbed nature. Once the sky grew dim and the stars began to peak through the clouds, Murphy spoke up in the silence.

"Did you know we're made of stars?"

"Huh?"

"When stars explode, their matter is blown out into the galaxy. Gases like hydrogen, what stars burn on, turn into helium. And helium turns into carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, sulfer- everything we're made of."

Daryl looked at her with a face of confusion, his eyes squinted as he shook his head, "The hell are you sayin'?"

Murphy let out a snort of laughter, falling back onto her hands folded behind her head. Daryl did the same, but while her eyes were on the sky, his were on her. She continued despite his lack of understanding, "What I'm saying is that... I think it's so beautiful that the sky is up there, untouched. Not affected by what's going on down here. But here we are, made up of the same stardust, and we're living through all this."

Daryl's eyes flicked to the sky as he sighed, "How can y'think that big?"

"My brother," she answered. Daryl's eyes snapped to her as she, for the first time, mentioned a part of her past. "My brother was into all this. He went to college for it, too. Aeronautical engineering."

"Were all y'all this smart?" Daryl asked, his voice still soft.

Murphy smiled crookedly, "It was just my brother and me. We went through hell because of our parents. They tried to live through us, push us to be successful. Never once asked us what we wanted. But we always had each other."

Daryl nodded, pressing his lips together. He noticed the tears that pooled in her eyes as she mentioned her family, and he decided that this was it. This was their moment to tell their stories. And as much as it pained him to talk about his past, he knew that if he didn't tell Murphy, he would never tell anyone.

So he locked eyes with her and spoke, "I brough' you ou' here because I'm ready... to tell you everythin'. I had a brother, too. His name was Merle. I guess you could say we were close, but he was tough as hell, he was. When I was a kid, my ma died. Merle went off to the marines. Tha' left me with our dad who..."

His eyes traveled everywhere except her as he remembered his father, but forced out, "...Well, he wasn't a good guy. Merle was a piece of shit too, but when he came back... I didn' have anywhere else to go, y'know? Felt like it was jus' us against the world."

The two of them sat up in their spots. Murphy watched as he looked at the ground. She took one of his fiddling hands in hers, giving him a sad smile... one that was full of understanding nonetheless. His eyes traced her face and she encouraged him to go on.

"I told you everything that happened with the prison. The Governor took the whole place down. He took 'im down too," Daryl sniffed, feeling his shoulders fall with remembrance. "He turned and I had to- I had to..."

Murphy scooted closer to him, "Hey. Hey, it's okay. It's okay."

She leaned her head on his shoulder, linking their arms so they sat side by side. Daryl's breathing slowed but few tears fell down his cheeks. He scoffed, "I don' know why I miss the bastard."

"He was your brother," Murphy whispered, leaning closer against him. "You're gonna miss him whether you want to or not."

Daryl raised his free hand to wipe his nose, trying to pull himself together. He looked down at the woman beside him, her small hands tracing patterns subconsciously on his arm. He felt his heart swell with some unknown feeling, a feeling that overwhelmed every one of his senses. She was perfect to him. Little did he know, she was nervous to no end at that moment. She was preparing to tell him about the darkest time of her life. Murphy was about to tell him things she had never told anyone since they occurred. A while ago, Sasha explained that she'd know when she was ready. She had kept her past secret for far too long, and gaining the strength to tell Daryl was harder than she thought it would be. But if he did it, trusting her with that of his past, so could she. So Murphy opened her closed eyes and spoke.

"I was three months pregnant... when everything happened."

Daryl's head rose from hers in shock. He looked down at her with such a heartbroken expression across his face, already knowing that she had been through more than he imagined. His mouth was slightly ajar and his brows were tilted up in sentiment. Murphy pulled away from him, clasping her hands in her lap, but she still faced him. Her breath was ragged and her hands shook as she desperately tried to calm herself.

"When the virus hit, Connor and I were staying in a hotel in Virginia. We were visiting my parents to tell them the news. They didn't take it well, with us not being married. My brother, John, was so excited to be an uncle. The night the world went to shit, it was chaos. Connor, John, and I got our things together and immediately drove to my parents' house. As soon as we got inside, I knew there was something wrong. The house was too quiet. We found them with bullets in their heads. They didn't even leave a note. At that point, radio broadcasts were still going on. We heard about the refugee camp back in Atlanta, so we decided to head home. We were there for a few months. As surprising as it was, people were working with each other- helping each other to get through it all. But it didn't last long. A herd broke through the fences... the first one anyone had ever seen. It was massive, going through the camp and killing so quickly. We didn't know what to do, but Connor and John decided it wasn't safe for me to be out while the people tried to barricade the entrances. There was a closet in the building being used. Enough space for one person- me. They locked me inside and stayed out to help, but I heard the growls... and the screams. I stayed there for a day or two to wait out the herd, but when I came out... god, the bodies and the blood-"

Daryl pulled her into his chest, cradling the back of her head. Murphy's arms encircled his waist, and he pulled her closer without thinking. He couldn't bring himself to cry, the shock of hearing her experience was too great. Her body shook as she continued, "Connor had turned, but John, he was still alive. He begged me to put him down, he was in so much pain. I had to kill both of them. I took what supplies I could find and left the place. But a bit later... the baby came. She was was way too early. She didn't make it. It must have been induced by the trauma. But then, she... she turned while I was still holding her. I had to-"

"Stop."

Daryl pulled away from her, revealing her tear-streaked face. His hands rested on her shoulders, but rose to her cheeks. He held her in his hands tenderly, using his thumbs to wipe the tears that fell as his breathing grew ragged, "Don' do this to yourself. You told me enough."

"But I didn't-"

"You told me enough, Murph. You're the strongest woman I've ever seen. You shouldn' have had to go through that, none of it. But I see you right now, and I know that you got so much to live for. You got people who love you. And your past- none of that shit matters now. Remember them... that's what you told me. Remember Connor and John. Remember your baby girl."

Murphy let a sob escape her lips, but she couldn't help the grin that formed through it all as she heard his words. She did remember her. Every day. Every time she looked at Judith, her heart shattered. But after the hurt and pain that she felt... came the love. The overwhelming idea of starting anew. This was her chance- this was their chance- to start a new life. Free of the past, but never forgetting it. Daryl brushed her hair away from her face as she nodded. Her shoulders shook as she cried. Her hands came to rest atop his, the two locked in their own embrace under the starry sky.

After a period of silence, Daryl pulled his hands away from her face, "C'mon. Le's go home."

He pushed himself off the ground and held a hand out for her to take. She took it in her grasp and stood, wiping her cheeks, "Yeah."

"Hey," Daryl whispered while standing in front of her. "We're here now. Ain't nothin' gonna change that."

The journey back was wordless, because they had nothing to say. Their bodies were a little closer as they sped home. After letting their pasts go, letting the other hear everything, it felt... different. It was as if a new understanding had formed between them, and an almost palpable emotion as well. They wouldn't have shared what they did with anyone. It was special. Daryl was special to Murphy and Murphy was special to Daryl. On the ride back home, they realized that they would never let the other go.

So when they arrived at Alexandria and slowly drove down the streets, Daryl brought them to a stop before the house Murphy was staying at. The neighborhoods were silent in the dead of night. They slid off the bike and made their way up the steps, stopping before the green door. They hadn't exchanged a word since the field, but their thoughts accompanied them.

*Daryl stepped closer to her, "I'm glad I did it."

"Did what?" Murphy asked, looking up at him with shimmering eyes.

"Let you see me," he responded gruffly, so quietly that Murphy barely heard him.

She took one final step so that their chests were nearly touching. Her chin was slightly tilted upward so their soft breaths mingled with each other. Their fingers brushed ever so slightly by their sides, and it was as if something shifted in that moment. The air changed. Daryl's eyes traced every feature of her face- her beautiful green eyes, her small nose, the freckles dusting her cheeks, and her pink lips.

Murphy's eyes fluttered closed as she whispered, "I've always seen you."

With that, she raised her chin a little higher, and let her lips brush his. Her heart thumped wildly in her chest, as did his. Their breathing was heavy and ragged from the foreign feeling. Murphy pulled away, her eyes flickering across his face. A small smile crossed her her lips. Daryl's eyes fluttered open after the soft kiss, unsure of what to do. His head said no but his heart said yes, and for once in his life... he decided to follow his heart. Pulling his fingers away from hers, he gently wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her close. He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers in a passionate embrace. Murphy's brows rose in shock but she smiled against him anyway. She slid her arms around his neck to bring him as close as possible, their lips dancing with each other.

Her fingers went into his hair, running through the wild locks as he tilted his head. They couldn't be closer, but they fought to be anyway. They had both craved touch for as long as they could remember, and yet they never let themselves feel that with anyone thus far. Maybe it was just because they hadn't found each other. Daryl slightly lifted her off the ground and she giggled against his lips. He pulled away and grinned, letting one of his hands set on her waist come to rest against her cheek. His large hand tenderly brushed her skin. Instead of saying anything, however, their lips met each other once more. The two stumbled backwards, their eyes still closed. Murphy reached behind her to find the door handle, finally making contact with the cool metal.

They shuffled through the open doorway, attempting to be as quiet as possible. They felt like teenagers sneaking into the house after a long night out. Murphy held his hand in hers, their fingers linked affectionately, and guided him up the stairs and through the hallways. They tiptoed past the rooms of the others, and the smile on Daryl's face never left as he watched her. When they reached her room she pulled him close once more, pushing his vest off of his shoulders.

Finally, the angel was ready to let down his wings.

The two fell against the bed, desperate to feel each other. Their kisses were soft, lips against lips and lips against skin. Daryl's hands were tender, albeit calloused, but so gentle across her body- almost as if he feared she would shatter under his touch. He'd never felt this way before. The moonlight streamed through the curtained window, stars shimmering in the sky above. And despite the world outside the walls, despite all they had been through, Daryl and Murphy found everything they would ever need... in each other.

AUTHOR'S NOTE — wow. we made it guys. 28 chapters in and the babies got together. i still can't believe it! 😭😭 i hope you guys felt it fit their narrative, it took me a LONG time to feel that it was all right. i still think it could be better, though! what did you guys think? what did you think about murph's horrible past? :( please comment your feedback! also i wanted to say thank you. thank you for sticking with unspoken this long. thank you for the endless support and friendships i've made along the way. it's been such an amazing experience. i can't wait to continue. love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.2K 77
'๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™›๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐˜ผ๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ, ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...' *** H...
182K 3K 35
โI'm a Dixon, asshole.โž โžทLilia Dixon and her father discovers the horrors of what the new world is like. [season 7 - 9] โ€ขCarl Grimes x ocโ€ข โ€ขDaryl Di...
291K 7K 117
Savannah born CJ Jefferson, 33 years of age when the dead rose and the living began to fall. Her father, a former corporal in the army, raised his 2...