Blood Wounds | ANY ✔

By ATHENA_AKI

Everyone knew about King Il's two daughters. The youngest, Yona, was known for her vibrant red hair in Kouka... More

S Y N O P S I S
Memories(The Name Sea Weed)
[1] Yona and Rue
[2] Coming of Age
[3] Letter
[4] Happy Birthday
[5] Misunderstandings
[6] Cliffs
[7] Priest
[8] Port Awa
[9] Deaths
[10] Midnight
[11] Reality
[12] Fights
[13] Son Hak
[14] Sunrise and Sunsets
[15] The stars know everything
[16] Morning Of Reveals
[17] Grab On Tight
[18] Fireworks of Pain
[19] The one who always hides
[20] The Bitter Memoirs of the Past
[21] 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
[22] War of Hearts
[23] Iliza Scarlet: The Vanity of Awa
[25] Departure of the free
[26] The Girl Who Cried Wolf
[27] Farewell, Port Awa
[28] The sky that is gone
[29] Her Hatred
[30] Jae-Ha, Dragon of the Skies
[31] Digging Into The Past
[32] The Prophecy & Zeno's question
[33] The Phoenix and The New Era
Book 2

[24] The Dawn Has Broken

2.5K 126 28
By ATHENA_AKI

Yona, Kija, Hak, Shin-Ah, Yun and Jae-ha widened their eyes in shock as the female fell backwards into the water. They noticed the dark look on Ken's face and flinched. Hak, Kija and Jae-ha gulped at the murderous intent and aura that surrounded him.

Yona shook slightly in terror as she realised that they had underestimated the power that Ken and Rue had hidden. They watched as Rue attacked Kumji again and again without giving him time to recover. She threw one of her knives at his arm and threw another one that had stabbed itself into his other arm.

The six of them watched as the female mercilessly slaughtered and attacked Kumji. Yona and Yun were terrified as they held to each other, Jae-ha and Hak's eyes were wide in terror, while and Shin-Ah watched in horror. What they didn't know was the conversation that was going on between the two.

||♪||

"Tell me how does it feel?"

Slash!

"Please! Have mercy!"

She paused her movements as her yellow eyes became ice-like. A twisted smile came over her lips as she crouched infront off him. Kumji trembled in fear. With a whisper his eyes widened in horror.

"We begged, too. We cried and begged you to let them live. You didn't. And you, you have caused two of my loved ones to die. What makes you think I will let you live?" She tilted her head, eyeing him in anger.

Kumji screamed again as Rue stabbed his thigh and twisted the blade. His screams rang out through the silence of the night sending shivers down everyone's spine and causing them to gulp in fear.

||♪||

"Yona." A deep voice rang out. Yona, Hak, Yun, Jae-ha, Kija and Shin-Ah face the male, Ken, who had just arrived and was standing on the railing. His eyes were dark which caused a shiver down their spines.

"Ken-San. Why is Rue doing this? Can't she stop? Why would she torture him do much?" Yona asked desperate her purple eyes clashing with his yellow ones.

"Yona. You think this is too much? Yona you have no idea what your sister can do. What you are seeing now is nowhere near her and mine full strength. But....." He trailed off.

Hak narrowed his eyes and asked, "But what? What is it?"

"She is too much engrossed in her emotions." He sighed.

Jae-ha asked him with wide eyes, "Engrossed? What are you saying?"

"Exactly what you understand. She holds a deep rage that none of you can ever understand." Ken continued, "This is her being kind."

"Kind? This is kind?" Yun's blood went cold.

"Rue holds enough rage to mutilate him but she's not doing it." Ken looked at Yona, "Why do you think?"

The message was clear.

Rue is holding back because Yona is here.

Yona and the others widened their eyes in shock at the revelation. Kija and Shin-Ah clenched their hands and thought about their first meeting. Jae-ha remembered that night under the stars when she talked to him. Yona and Hak remember their encounters at the palace. Their smiles and laughs. Yun recalls how she took care of him and Ik-soo.

Rue. Who are you?

They realise that they never knew her from the starting. It had been years since Hak and Yona saw her. Yun knew her for not too long. Kija and Shin-Ah never were close to her much. But Jae-ha remembers their words under the stars. That night Jae-ha saw a part of her that he never expected.

Ken's voice rings out once more as they look at him yet again. His eyes were looking at the yellow eyed female but his words were directed towards Yona and the others. His eyes were kind of distant.

"However remember one thing. Behind every change there is a reason. Behind every beginning there is an ending. Think about it."

Rue's rare smile flashed through their minds. Her remarks at Hak. Her scoldings towards Jae-ha. The times she helped Yun. Looked after Yona. Cared for Kija and Shin-Ah. Though she didn't show much emotion. It was evident that she cared for them.

They look at her fighting form and notice something for the first time. A spark—small, barely visible—in her eyes. They looked alive. There was more to Rue, then she let on, and they were determined to unravel it.

Only if they knew.

||♪||

Rue stopped and stood still infront of him. He was barely alive and breathing. She crouched infront of him and pulled his collar towards her. She looked into his eyes and spoke.

"Yang Kumji. You took everything from me. My best friends. The family I found after a torturous life. I wanted was to be happy and when I finally was, you ruined everything." The raw rage in her voice made Kumji's eyes widen.

"You took away Kiara, the woman who was my mother, sister and mentor. You took away Ayato, the boy who was my best friend. You took that away from me. The only people who kept me sane in this insane world, you took them away."

He watched as her shined a bright red colour. He stuttered with his words failing to finish his sentence.

"Y-Your eyes...!"

"Yes. Kumji, since you destroyed my very essence of life. It's only fair that I destroy yours." With that blood spluttered on her face as she stood up.

||♪||

Yona covered her mouth with her palm, Yun clenched his eyes shut as Hak tightened his grip on his spear, Jae-ha clenched his jaw, Kija stood in shock and Shin-Ah just turned to his side.

Ken gave a small smile as he saw the actions on the small boat.

I hope you are finally free now, Rue.

||♪||

Rue stood up, her arms hanging loosely by her sides as she faced the sky. Her eyes were shut close. A feeling of peace came over her as she felt warm, motherly arms encase around her.

Kiara

She felt the warmth of someone ruffling her hair, a kind and soft touch.

Ayato.

Her eyes opened as the day's light fell on her figure.

||♪||

Kija was the first to notice the scene infront of them. He shook Shin-Ah and urged him to look forward. His mouth parted as he beheld the sight infront of him.

Yona grabbed Hak and Yun's sleeves, causing them to follow Yona's line of sight. Jae-ha widened his eyes as his grip on the railing tightened a bit. Hak felt breathless as he took in the scene infront of him.

Ken smiled gently at the dark haired female as he watched her.

||♪||

Everyone on the ship watched in awe at the sight infront of them. It looked almost majestic.

Rue stood still facing the sky, while her arms hung loosely by her side and her eyes were closed. The sun was rising behind her which caused rays of light to fall on her making her hair look like lighter than it's original colour and accentuate her figure. Her long hair flowed gently in the morning breeze.

She looked perfect. She looked like a goddess standing in the middle of the sea. When she opened her yellow eyes she faced the ships, more specifically towards Yona and the others. She gave a smile and her eyes seemed to hold a kind of spark.

||♪||

Rue smiled as she felt the chains that held her back finally break. Her mission, her motive was done. Now, she could finally live with the certainty that she had avenged them. Her eyes trailed to Yona's purple orbs. She sent a gentle smile towards her.

||♪||

One thought ran through everyone's minds as they watched the night sky fade away and give way to the morning sun. After a night of tears, anger, fights and bloodshed it was finally morning.

The Dawn has broken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.5K 3K 25
You y/n, former personal servant to the late princess Yona, are traveling around Kouka kingdom after the death of king-il II and his precious daughte...
613 2 16
Two years away from the castle is enough time change. The young, helpless teenager from then is now a strong, independent young woman. She thought sh...
52.2K 2.6K 43
Azumi was once a nobody, an orphan stuck in a dying wasteland. However, after one fateful day, Azumi was suddenly pulled out of that dismal life and...
321K 11.9K 66
"As realization hit him, he flinched slightly, his hands beginning to tremble. He was wrong. Hak and Princess Yona were not the most dangerous figure...