Unexpected You || myg

By herthemuse

"The best love story is when you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time." *... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 23

151 17 8
By herthemuse

Yoongi's POV

"Okay, everyone. Pass in your papers. I hope you all worked hard on it. For those who are turning it in late tomorrow, five points are being taken off. After you pass it in, you're dismissed."

I watched as Mina got up from her seat and dropped our paper on top of the stack at the front of the classroom. The rest of the students scattered out the moment Mr. Kim picked up the pile leaving us alone. 

A week or so had passed ever since she crashed at my place. She did go back after I convinced her after a few days. She said she made up with her dad though I could tell anger lingered in her. She understood why her father did it even if it was cruel in many ways but she only forgave and did not forget.

She wondered if she looked like her mom. She wondered if she got quirks from her like her love for doodling on her shoes or her appetite or the way she sometimes chewed on the ends of her hair when she gets nervous.

"If Mr. Kim doesn't give us an A, I'm rioting," she sat on top of my desk her legs dangling off the edge. "Just don't kill him," I said leaning back into my chair. "Are you still going on vacation with you dad?"

"No, he has to go on another work trip. Spring break all alone this year."

"Are you still mad at him?" I asked looking up at her.

She sighed and pondered on the thought swinging her legs in the air. "Not really. I mean he took care of me when she didn't want to. He loved me when she didn't. He still does," she paused and shook her head, "but I still wonder about my mom sometimes."

As I listened I noticed her laces dangled from her swinging green converse. She winced the moment I pulled the laces and tightened them before tying them into a bow. Her face was red while I started tying the other shoe. But I was stopped by her shoving her hand against my forehead with her arm stretched out, "Are you trying to take a peek under my skirt?"

"Ani!" I shoved her hand away and quickly finished the bow.

I really wasn't trying to peek.

She lifted her feet and admired the bows smiling. "Thank you," she grinned.

Her glowing smile and glittery eyes sparked something inside me and I stood from my chair before pulling her close to me. Our faces were so close I could practically hear her breathing.

"Y-Yah," she stuttered out blushing, "What are you do-"

I shut her up with a kiss and devoured her lips. She didn't hesitate to kiss back and wrapped her arms around my neck while I wrapped mine around her waist. I pulled her closer to the point where her legs straddled at the side of mine. I was intoxicated at the way she ran her fingers through my hair and tilted her head to deepen the kiss. The spark in both of us ignited into an uncontrolled flame. I could hear her whispering my name and feel her smiling in between the kisses. The only way I could describe it was sweet. Not completely lust-driven but sweet.

"I'm telling you Jin-hyung it has to be in the roo-AAAAAHHHHH!"

We instantly pulled away from each other and found Jungkook screaming his head off.

"Jungkook why are you screa- Ah wait a minute," Jin ran into the room and looked at us in our awkward state.  He squinted and titled his head before smirking and pointing his finger at us, "Aaaaahhh. You guys were making out. Nice going Jungkook."

Jungkook was now scooting back in fear. Jin pulled him by his shoulders behind his back like a parent guarding a child, "Yah. I think you just broke his innocence."

Mina and I still stayed there frozen as Jin pulled him slowly out of the room. His bunny eyes stayed wide and disappeared at the slam of the door.

I turned to Mina and we both uncontrollably started spitting out laughs. "I think Jungkook's scared for life," she whispered to me laughing.

Her laugh made the room glow and my heart began to race at the way her cheeks curved along with her eyes and the light patterns from the window fell on her face.

"Do you want to meet your mom?"

"What?" she flinched and moved her head away from me.

"If you had the chance would you?" I asked. She seemed startled at my words but then her eyes drifted from looking at me down to the floor.

"I don't know," she whispered, "cause what if she really is a monster? But what if she isn't."

I saw that her hands were curled up into fists gripping the fabric of her skirt. My hands traveled down to hers and tried to sprawl them open. "But you've been beating yourself up about this for days, even weeks."

She sighed and leaned her forehead on my chest. I engulfed her into a hug and fit her head near my neck, "What if we go find her?"

"Are you insane?!" she said pulling her away from my arms, "My dad would kill me."

"But he's gonna be on a trip. You could just say you were going to the beach with friends," I reasoned back to her and shrugged my shoulders.

"I mean," she breathed out and scratched the top of her head, "I don't know Yoongi. I kinda want to go but what if this just ends up being a mess? Us going to venture out and find a woman I have no memories of and surprise her saying 'Hey! I'm your daughter. Surprise!' sounds messy."

"But what if it doesn't turn out to be a mess? You haven't been yourself recently and it's killing me inside. I want you to be happy and have closure. It may not be a happy filled one but you don't know until you try," I lightly grabbed her shoulders and pulled her down so I could kiss her on her head. She looked back up with puppy eyes before speaking a little louder, "Okay I guess. Only if you're there by my side."

"Always," I laid another soft kiss on the top of her head, "We'll leave Sunday," I said assuringly. I felt my face become gripped by her small hands as she smacked her lips on mine. "Thank you Yoongi. I love you so much," she said pulling back, "I gotta go. I've got to go to see my dad off. I'll see ya." She ran out of the room, her hair flying like a cape.

I felt warm at the thought that she would stop beating herself up about her mom. She wanted this but she was just scared and I wanted her to be as happy as possible. But a part of me felt lost thinking this might be the way I lose her and I'm the one who did it.

If her mom took her away from me would her mom become a monster to me but a home to Mina?

If she turned out to be the monster her dad said she was, Mina would be crushed while I would be secretly satisfied that she wouldn't leave my side.

That'd be just cruel.

I couldn't think like that. Mina's happiness is so much more important than my urge to cling to her. If I did lose her to her mom, at least I didn't become a selfish monster myself but I would become the one crushed.

This wasn't my decision. It's hers.

***

Mina's POV

"Appa, don't forget the snacks I packed you," I said running to the door. He was halfway out before turning to me to reveal the grin he had on his face.

"Thank you, Mina," he grabbed the bag from my hand and pulled me into a hug. It was warm and on the tighter side but it was genuine. "I'll miss you my Mina."

"Appa, it'll only be for a week," I said with my head squished.

"I know but I feel bad for canceling our trip."

"I'm going to the beach with friends remember?," I patted him on the shoulder lying through my teeth, "Appa, you're going to be late."

"I know I know but I just love hugging my daughter," he pulled away before grabbing his bad on the floor and heading out the door, "Love you, Mina."

"Love you too Appa!" I waved back and closed the door before letting out a breath and letting go of the tightness in my chest. My relationship with my dad had gotten back to normal thank god. After making up and apologizing to me, life felt normal again. Well sorta. I asked so my questions about her to myself. Not him. I doubt he was ever gonna answer them.

He apologized for keeping it a secret for so many years but he insisted that he didn't want to see mom the cruel way he saw her. So if she was dead rather than someone who abandoned us, that'd be better according to him. He had his valid points which also had their flaws. Forgive and forget. At least I tried.

It was hard to forget about her. The picture of us at the park when we were little told me that there was some happiness when she was here. And now Yoongi was taking me to see her. Just a glimpse at least. With Yoongi by my side, it felt like I had more strength to actually go and see her. I had more courage with him and it all felt right. Now I just needed to know who my mom really is and everything would fall perfectly into place. Right?

***

Yoongi's POV

"Tada!"

Mina pulled out lunch boxes and placed one on her lap and one on mine. I opened it to find pieces of bulgogi, rice, and veggies. All of my favorites.

"You cooked all this?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

She nodded as I started chewing on the food like a happy little kid. We were on the train to Wonju where the letter had been sent from which Mina had stuffed in her bag. We agreed on staying two or three nights depending on how we felt. We wanted to see the city and explore it a little bit. I was excited to spend time with her alone but there was a creeping along my spine.

I felt so stupid.

I should be supporting her in finding her mom but I was so scared at thought of her moving again. I groaned at myself and looked to my side, eyeing her as she ate peacefully and the window next to her revealed the blurring scenery of the mountains outside. I took in every detail of her, from the black hoodie that hung off her shoulder exposing some skin to the blue top that conformed to her beautiful outline. Her skin looked so soft and dewy and her cheeks were a soft pink that I felt like kissing over and over again.

Her head turned towards me after noticing my gaze was stuck on her. "Something wrong?" she asked with puffed cheeks full of food.

"Nothing," I said breaking my gaze from her, "can you just get the napkins from my bag?"

Mina reached into my bag shuffling my hand in it feeling clothes and all of my other stuff. But then her eyebrows furrowed as if she felt something poke her and I heard a slight crinkling of some sort. She concentrated as she grasped her hand around whatever she had and yanked it up.

"What the heck?!" she whispered to herself in shock.

I turned to look at what she held in her hand and began choking on my food.

"Yoongi," she stared at me with wide eyes, "what's with the condoms?!"

She tried to whisper and hide the string of packets in between us while she eyed me for an answer. I was just as shocked as her, her eyes dead open, cheeks flushed and mouth open wide. I grabbed the packets from my hand and scanned them hastily. I turned back and showed her the message written in black sharpie on one of the packets.

Don't be stupid!
haha
-Namjoon

He's such a pervert sometimes I swear.

"I-I'm not the one who put these in my bag I swear," I pleaded and held my hands up. Suddenly I felt a yank on my arm and watched as Mina stuffed the condoms back in the bag.

"D-Don't hold it up like that. W-we're on a train. People might see," she stuttered out her face all flushed. She crossed her arms and slouched back into her chair before she began stuffing her mouth with food quietly.

I did the same, my heart pounding and my cheeks flushed from embarrassment as well. Mina and I were so comfortable about everything but this was new territory that we'd never even expect to encounter. Sure we had make-out sessions on her bed and in the hideout but they were always restrained from being too crazily lust-filled. I never wanted to push her farther than she wanted. I mean we'd been together for what felt like a long time considering how time we spent together in and out of school. First, we were best friends and then the boyfriend-girlfriend thing. Though it all felt smushed together in one big blob of craziness and love.

***

Mina's POV

Keep it together Mina.

I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks as I began chewing on the rice. It never came to my mind, the fact that I was so comfortable with Yoongi though at the mention of sex I became a wreck. It seemed so scary to me and I hadn't even ever thought of doing it with Yoongi.

I mentally face palmed myself at the idea. I mean it's not like I didn't want to be closer to him it's just nerve wracking. But then his voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" he glanced over at me with concern in his eyes. He realized what I had just been thinking about and took my hand in his, "don't let me or anyone pressure you into thinking you have to do something. Okay?"

I felt the tension in my shoulders release at his words creating a smile on my face. I covered the lunch box with its plastic cover and placed it in my bag before shifting my face closer to his. I grabbed his cheeks with my hand and collided my lips with his. His eyes bursted open at my sudden actions but then he surrendered and began gliding his lips against mine.

"Mina," he whispered in between out kisses, "we're in public." I pulled back pouting but I realized from his hooded his eyes that he was slightly disappointed too. The condoms in the bag made me so uncomfortable but he made me feel so relaxed to the point that I was no longer nervous about anything.

I pulled out my phone along with my earbuds and lifted the armrest that divided us. I shifted myself to sit closer to him and he instinctively wrapped his arm around my shoulders after putting his lunch box away.

I snuggled into his embrace and leaned my head on his shoulder before we both put an earbud in one ear. After hitting play, I felt his head rest against mine.

"I love this song," he mumbled slowly into the top of my hair. I could tell his eyes were closed and he was dozing away. "I know," I smiled back at my wit and shifted myself even closer. I knew he loved my music taste. Our arms wrapped each other and we dozed off on the train that brought us closer to the city that we'd venture into to find some answers and a path to an unknown future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 4.8K 46
In which Suga has been liking Jimin for 4 years but what if an unexpected event of Serendipity occurred? What would happens if fans started crazily s...
29.2K 1.1K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...
811K 35.2K 88
A bad romance. Full of love, hate and revenge. When jeon jungkook a university heartthrob and Kim Taehyung a new student, known for his ethereal face...
273K 11.1K 43
[BTS x Reader] ยซ COMPLETED ยป She was cornered. Once her back hit her locker with a thud, both of them knew she was trapped. "I won't let you escape...