Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{29}

2.3K 92 31
By Pandalion23

- - -

All Might walked his students to the exit of the mock city, their battle exercises having gone smoothly for the rest of the day, having a good idea of his students strengths and overall skills from their matches. He stops in front of the short tunneled exit, already he could feel his form deteriorating, he'd need to quickly make an exit before he revealed himself.

"THAT'S A WRAP! EXCELLENT FIRST DAY OF TRAINING, ALL AROUND! " He announced, giving a big thumbs hp before his fists clenched and settled on his waist, keeping his strong, heroic pose as his students looked to him in awe. "YOU REALLY STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE. AND WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY MAJOR INJURIES SAVE FOR MIDORIYA AND YAGI." Nevertheless, he grinned at his students. "YOU SHOULD BE PROUD! YOU ALL DID WELL!"

Shouto's jaw tensed, his gaze flickering down to his shoes before reluctantly looming back up.

"It's nice to hear some encouraging words after homeroom," Tsuyu said. Behind her, the class nodded in agreement as memories drifted to Aizawa's deranged grin during the first Quirk Assessment Test. "Mr.Aizawa was kind of a buzz kill."

All Might spread his hands out, his cape drifting upwards with his hand movements, an enthused grin on his face. "I AM HAPPY TO BRING SUCH POSITIVITY TO MY ALMA MATER! THAT'S ALL FOR NOW, FOLKS! I SHOULD GO NOW AND CHECK ON YOUNG MIDORIYA AND YAGI'S PROGRESS!" He lifted a hand to say goodbye, he turned to make his way towards the exit. "Now, watch how a Pro exits," All Might launches himself forwards, leaving a trail of dust behind him as he takes off down the exit tunnel, "LIKE HE'S GOT SOMEWHERE TO BE!"

His class looks on in awe, Kaminari puts his fists up, excited. "Now that's a hero!"

"Awe, I'll never be able to run that fast."

As All Might sprints towards the first door to the infirmary, he glances backwards, where he can see Young Bakugo with his gaze low to the ground, uncharacteristic for a proud teenager such as him. His ego may be justified, but a school like U.A. is bound to shatter it. As his teacher, it is my sworn duty to council him well... All Might can feel an agitated cough bubbling up his throat, he holds it in as he feels his form deteriorating. But it'll have to wait! He coughs lightly before finding an elevator and slamming his hand down on the button for it to close, just as he reverts back to his skinny frame, his costume hangs loosely from his bony structure as he hacks into his palm.

"Urgh, that was close," Toshinori pants lightly, leaning against the wall of the elevator as it takes him up, he grimaces at the pain in his stomach as he straightens, wiping the blood from his chin. "Shit! I can't even teach a simple class without...running out of time!" He coughs into his fist, glaring at the opposite wall. He had focused on doing hero work before coming to the school this morning, while he was on his way he had gotten preoccupied, almost missed his first class, but the effects of the medicine had faded by the time he had come to the class. Having spent almost 3 hours in that form today, he had gone way over his limit.

He was grateful, however, that he could at least have enough time to teach.

The elevator opened, he peeked out into an empty hallway before finding the door to the infirmary, where Recovery Girl was watching over the two students, resting in the beds.

Recovery Girl glances back at him, "Why didn't you stop them, All Might?" She sighs, having finished healing a majority of Midoriya's broken bones, "This is alot of damage," she frown's as she turns in her elevated rolling chair, referring to the two students sleeping.

"I apologize, Recovery Girl."

She frowns, heatedly. "What're you apologizing to me for?" She questioned, "Besides the total exhaustion, he was here only yesterday, but I can't treat all of his injuries at once," she stuck her cane out to point at Young Midoriya, who had an I.V. in and a cast on his left arm . Then, her cane shifted over to your bedside, your skin blue from the cold and covered in blisters and scratches that slowly had gone down, your right arm bandaged. "And my personal student is on a hospital bed instead of helping me, you just lost me a helping hand for the day, All Might." She shook her head. "You should know, even if you passed one for all over to this boy, you shouldn't spoil him!"

"I know, I don't want to play favorites but I just wanted to consider Young Midoriya's feelings, let him see that he was capable of winning the exercise."

"Well, that shouldn't mean letting them kill themselves over pride, All Might," Recovery Girl shook her head.

Toshinori grimaced. "And Recovery Girl, can you please not talk so loudly about One-for-All when anyone around you could hear!" He cautioned, the old woman only turned in her seat, exasperated.

"Is it truly that important if you were natural born or if it was given to you?" Recovery Girl questioned. "Mr.symbol-of-peace."

"Several people know about my injury in this weak form, like the U.A. faculty and a certain group of Pro-heroes, for example," he placed a hand on his chest. "However, only a select few people know the secret of One-for-All. It's you, the principal and a very close friend of mine, my daughter and Young Midoriya too, of course. But, no one else knows the truth about my powers."

"If people knew of the power of One for All, the very thought could corrupt our society, ones who would try anything to take this power maybe even going as far as to threaten someone I love," Toshinori sat down on your bedside, his gaze flickering to the palm of his hand where his power resides, dormant, to his resting daughter. "This quirk, and those who weild it, are responsible for mankind's safety. So, I must keep it secret."

Recovery girl nodded in understanding. "I understand, Toshi. But, if that's the case then it's even more important for you to be a good guide."

He nodded, humming thoughtfully as he looked to his opposite side to glance at Midoriya. "You're right."

Recovery girl then turned back to her computer. "Now, come over here. I promised little Yagi that I'd check on your dosage levels when I saw you."

Toshinori paled. "My...my, huh?" He knew he wasn't supposed to completely overwork himself, he had already drained it all out of his system, having spent almost 2 hours of hero work before coming to the school. His limit used to be alittle more than an hour.

Recovery Girl paused, before frowning at him as she turned back to him. "You haven't been going over your limit, have you?"

He didn't say anything, smiling sheepishly, finding himself in capable of lying. "Uhm...uh..."

Recovery Girl's cane lifted and she knocked him on the head with it, hard. He yelped, the top of his head now sporting a swelling lump that pulsed, painfully, he covered his head as she lifted the cane off to bring it back over to her. "Hey! What's that for?!"

"You're supposed to be careful. Just because you have extra time, doesn't make your body any more sustainable to handle itself," she shook her head, disappointed before lifting her tiny body off of the chair and walking over to the opposite side of the room. "Now, follow me," Toshinori reluctantly followed, while she muttered to herself. "Who knew All Might could be so reckless?"

He huffed with a pout.

After as few more minutes, you shifted, humming lightly as you awoke to the brightly lit infirmary room. Breathing deeply, you release a tired moan as your head suddenly begins to pound, you're cold and your limbs feel sore.

You blinked at the brightness, your eye's adjusting gradually before you turned your head to look around you. You sit up, your eye's catching on the red and blue costume that loosely fits around your father's frame as he walks over to you.

"(Y/n)," his voice is almost muted.

You smile lightly, before placing your hand on your head. "Hey, Dad," you groan out, you can hardly hear your own voice, using your other hand to bunch your legs and arm up in the sheet, craving warmth.

The ringing in your ears subsides as your father speaks again, "You did well in the exercise," placing a hand on your shoulder.

You brighten. "Thanks, it was Izuku's plan really, I--huh?" You then remembered, "Where's is he? Is he ok?" You asked, worriedly.

Toshinori nodded, "He's ok. He sustained a few broken bones, to which is becoming much to common for him," He sweatdropped, you agreed, moving to the side for you to see the sleeping boy on the next infirmary bed, the pale blue curtain moved aside to see. "We will have to work on that."

"You're right. But, he's the reason we even got through that exercise, in the first place," you beamed, before it fell as you look down to your hands, the shiver had subsided. "I could hardly handle myself. I thought I had gathered enough energy before going imto the building but it just...drained from me in the first few hits. I've never depleted so fast before. I didn't realize I was using my own source until," you settled a hand on your chest, over the golden star plate of your uniform where your heart was. "It became too much."

You frowned deeply, before your father placed a knuckle to his chin, thoughtful. "Well, it could be that you took from an artifical source. The mock city isn't built with greenery in mind, so the organic matter you had absorbed was too little and your power was quick to expel it."

You nodded, lips parting in understanding. "That does explain things," you then sighed heavily, placing a hand on your forehead. "I almost cost us the match. But at least, I know now, for next time."

Toshinori agreed, smiling. "You both did well. You should be proud."

You beamed before perking up. "How was everyone else? Is class finished already? How long were we out?"

"The rest of the class did very well, most seem to have a handle on their quirks just fine, U.A. will do well in shaping this class into great heroes," he said, pridefully, then nodding. "Class had finished an hour and a half ago. You've been out about two hours, now."

"Oh," Toshinori could see that there was something more on your mind as you turned your bandaged arm onto your palm side as you looked at it, absently.

Recovery Girl opens the infirmary door, before he could ask you what was wrong. Both of your heads raise and you smile, "Recovery Girl!"

She walked over, a soft smile on her face upon seeing you sitting up. "Good to see you're looking better already, little one. Hopefully I won't be losing my assistant tomorrow."

Your eye's widened. "Oh no, I'm sorry. I already missed a day!" You grumbled to yourself.

Recovery Girl chuckled, waving a dismissive hand. "Don't you worry, it's quite alright. Luckily, it's not busy today, save for you two." She then took a flower from her vase, the stem still dripping with water, "Now, come now, you need to charge up so I can heal this one."

You nodded, taking the flower in your left hand as she took your right, you looked at the pretty rose in your grip, it had wilted from its stay above the soil but it was still beautiful. You pressed your forefinger and thumb into the stem, nearly hard enough to snap it as you began to transfer the organic energy into yourself.

The rose quickly crumbles as white wisps of energy crawl up your arm and merge into your skin, you hum lightly at the feeling, Recovery Girl quickly going to work.

You father watches from the sidelines, he could never tire of your power, it was beautiful as you were, but it would always pain him knowing that it brought you strength as it did your agony.

Recovery Girl pulls away to assess he work, tossing the bandages in the trash, she turns your arm over before nodding in satisfaction. "There you go, little one. Now, it'll scar, but it didn't hit anything major for any permanent damage," she said as you pulled your hand up to your face to roll your wrist, it didn't hurt, you could see the thin scar that ran down your arm to your palm, but it felt no different than all the others that you already had.

Your lips curved upwards as you thanked her. "I feel great, thank you!"

She hummed a light, "Good."

Then, Izuku was next to awaken, absently finding himself staring up at the white ceiling, almost wondering where he was until he remembered the exercise. The constant drip from connected I.V. and the light tick from the clock hanging from ceiling above the end of the cot.

He read the time, his eyes narrowing in surprise. It's late afternoon?

"Rise and shine, sunny." Recovery Girl's face suddenly pops up into his face, lips after ready puckered to work her magic.

His eyes go wide and he nearly screams in horror.

"You did great today," you said as the two of you began walking to class.

Izuku looked at you, surprised. "What? Seriously? A-all I did was throw a punch! All I could really do was dodge the entire time," he recalls the rather violent exercise. But, then he whips around to turn to you, eyes glimmering in awe of you. "But, you! You were incredible! The way you broke that ice, i was sure we'd be done for. I never knew you were so strong! The only reason we even got so far was because of you, I just held you back."

You blushed, "Gosh, it was nothing really. But, really, you saved our win, Zuku. Your plan was genius. And those dodges must've been insane, I heard you were a pro out there."

Izuku rubs the back of his neck with his good arm, the other elevated in a sling, "It was nothing really. It was all in my book," he said. "I'm sorry I couldn't do more. If I could maybe I would've been a little more help," he gestured towards the scar down your arm, it would fade soon but it was still pretty prominent.

You only smiled. "You really should start giving yourself some credit," you nudged him with your hip, giggling. "This is what the exercise is about. By the time we do something like this again, you won't have to deal with breaking something all the time."

Izuku chuckled nervously, looking down at his arm in the sling. "That would be nice."

You hummed in agreement, "Don't worry, it's gonna be great. You're gonna be great."

Izuku looks at you, grinning at your belief in him. "Thanks, (y/n)-chan."

You beamed at him, your hair flipping over your shoulder as you spun around, the afternoon shines on your face and he feels his chest warm, before opening the door to Class 1-A, he hardly realized you both had stopped in front of it.

Kirishima is the first to greet us, to our surprise, it seemed as though everyone was still here. Despite the bell having rung already to release everyone.

Giving a toothy grin, Kirishima came over. "Midoriya! (Y/n)! Good to see you guys are ok!"

Upon his voice, a few others in your class swarmed you both quickly, eager to introduce themselves and compliment the exercises first win. "Ha, man, I don't know what you were saying during that match, but you were all fired up, huh? I can't believe you held your own against Bakugo, he's super strong!"

"You guys really turned up during the first match, so neither of us held back either!" The burly guy behind them held a thumbs up, you recalled someone calling him Sato.

"Hi! I'm Mina Ashido, sweetie!" The pink-haired, alien girl grinned widely, taking your hand excitedly, jumping up and down happily. "you were so cool out there! You must be super strong, your quirk is awesome!"

"You were so manly out there, (y/n)! Especially going up against Todoroki, he's way tough!"

"Oui, Ma fille, your performance was--" the blond haired boy, visibly stiffed as he was interrupted.

"You took on Todoroki, his quirk was so scary. You and him matched up like crazy, that battle was so intense!" Kaminari put a thumb up as he pushed through, "I'm Denki Kaminari, you can call me Denki, if you want." He winked.

You blushed, "Oh, thanks." Tucking a stray hair behind your ear. Momo comes up beside Uraraka, the both of them smiling widely at you, coming over as well.

Kirishima gave Izuku a wide grin, a few others crowding behind him. "Hey, dude, Izuku, wasn't it? I'm Eijiro Kirishima, you actually met me already. That dodging was so manly! You were so cool out there! We've been going over training results while you two were in recovery."

His thumb goes back to point to another tall boy behind him, "Hey, I'm Sero!"

"More importantly, I'm Yuga Ao--" the eccentric Frenchman was interrupted again by Mina.

"Yeah, those moves, you were great out there! I'm Mina Ashido!" Mina added. "You were incredible! Totally cool!"

"That dodging! You were a pro during the match, like whoosh, and whoosh! That was so thrilling! I'm Kaminari Denki!" Kaminari made dramatized motions, grinning wildly at Izuku.

"I'm Asui Tsuyu, but you can just call me Tsu."

"That really was impressive, Deku, those moves were amazing!" Uraraka gushed.

Izuku's face heats up, nervously, glancing at all the eye's around him. "O-oh, uh, hey, yeah--th--thanks," he shrinks back, not used to the attention. He glanced over at you, you were pulled forwards by your classmates, you were blushing lightly, glancing back at him with an amused smile, that calmed him upon seeing your happiness.

Mineta suddenly jumped between every one as they tried to introduce themselves all at once. "And I'm Mineta!" Getting in your line of view, jumping onto your waist just as he was about to fall. Taking your hips in his hands in a desperate grip as he hung on, his face against your belly, ready to climb up as he stared up at the curve of your chest. "You remember my name, don't you, angel?" He drooled, oogling at your figure as he began to reach for your breasts, your gentle expression instantly turning murderous.

You took the tiny boys face between your fingers with one hand, squeezing, peeling his sticky fingers off your uniform, keeping him at arm's distance, "Mineta," you seethed, and suddenly Mineta was being glowered down angrily by nearly all of the girls in the classroom, peering over and around you.

"MINETA!" They all synchronized angrily.

Walking around the purple, short pervert, the girls revealed Mineta to be squished flat to the ground, his face swelling and bruised, his arm's and legs twitch. The remaining boys look at him before turning away, shaking their heads and returning to their conversations.

Iida makes a fuss about the desks once again, a boy with with a bird hybrid quirk is sitting on the desk talking with a few classmates when Iida comes flailing his arm's. Yelling his usual demand to respect the schools property, you sweatdropped. Jeez, Iida doesn't relax, does he?

Few moments later, Izuku notices something as he looks around the room, "Huh? Where's--where's Kacchan?"

Uraraka answers him, slightly perplexed that he'd want to see the boy at all. "Well, he left a few minutes ago, we tried to convince him to stay, sorry," she said, then Izuku quickly turned on his heel and ran out the door.

Your eye's widened in surprise before softening. You supposed it was to be expected, Izuku wanted Katsuki to understand more than anyone. That he was now an equal.

You hummed lightly, before glancing at Momo. "Hey, do you know where Todoroki is by any chance?"

Momo looked up thoughtfully, "He actually left around the same time as Bakugo."

"Shouto!"

Shouto paused in his step, in surprise, his eyes widening a fraction before he turned his head.

He had been hovering around the school hallway, debating on whether he should go up to you, passing the infirmary twice before walking off and taking another lap around the school. He couldn't bring himself to leave the school building without seeing you, but he had convinced himself you wouldn't want to see him. He wouldn't even want to see him.

That's why it's pretty surprising to him to see you running up, calling his name, instead of ignoring him.

"What're you doing here?" He wondered as you stopped next to him.

Your eye's narrowed, placing you hands on your hips, your school bag sways with the movement over your shoulder. "What'd do you mean, 'what am am I doing here?' I'm walking with you," you smiled, to which he was lost with words.

He was silent for a moment, not taking a step. "But, I...I hurt you. Why would you want to walk with me?" He glanced down at the bandage around your arm, he could still see the pained expression on your face when the icicle he made broke through your skin and drew blood like a river; his expression darkened, his body stiffening before he began to walk forwards. "Maybe you shouldn't."

You frowned, catching up to him, he took long strides to which you jogged to keep pace. "Shou, it was a training exercise," you tried to assure him, "It's not like you meant it, I know you didn't. It was an accident, I know."

He shook his head, a small movement that made his white and red strands of hair graze the bridge of his nose. "I still did it. The fact that it's an accident doesn't change that it happened."

"Shou, we're in a hero school. You can't expect us not to get hurt from time to time, I'm fine. This is why Recovery Girl is here," you took his arm, his right arm arm, to which he stiffened. "Shouto, I don't blame you. And I'm not upset about it. I'm sure if you're this torn up about it, then you're just going to beat yourself up until--I don't even know how long," You laughed humorlessly, sadly at the thought, Shouto glanced back at you. "Come on, please. I'm not hurt, and I don't wanna walk home alone, so...can I walk with you?"

Shouto stared into your big, golden eyes, that only lightened with the afternoon sun, he could see the white flecks within the golden lining. "Why do you do it?" His voice was small, almost inaudible. It was almost fragile.

Your brows furrowed, confused. "Do what?"

"Stay with me?"

He let's you wrap a slow, tantalizing hand around his arm, he feels arm shiver up his spine as he melts under your grip, your eye's still locked with his.

"Because I forgot how to stay away."

Waking up, there was a sharp ache that rippled through your chest, you hissed as you sat up, leaning against your bed frame, you squeezed your eye's shut while your right hand threw your alarm to the side blindly searching for the container of pills on your desk. Your left hand shakily moves up your belly to push down on your chest, humming a light whimper as you feel the cool stone, between your breasts, pulse. The moment your fingers loop around the small bottle, you slide them into your lap and open it.

Throwing a single pill between your lips, you don't move as you swallow and wait for the effects, unable to move your lower half as you slump in exhaustion.

You take a sharp inhale as the pain begins to subside, you sigh in relief, you tilt your head up to the ceiling, the sunlight peeking through the curtains leaving a decorated streak of light along the upper wall.

That's not normal, your brows furrow as you think to yourself, humming as you tap the stone lightly.

Later on, you lifted yourself out of bed and walked into the kitchen to prep breakfast, humming lightly as you turn in the light and begin to cook. Between making the eggs, you switch on the television, just as your pouring the mixture into the pan.

"...And with another exciting debut, All Might, the Number One hero of the world, has made his presence known as a teacher in U.A. High! Just yesterday was his very first class with the rising students of Class 1-A."

Your eye's bulged wide, "Wha--!" you nearly dropped the bowl into the pan as your head whipped around to see the local news channel broadcasting a picture of your father clad in his yellow suit and macho smile, the schools picture was next to come up and it was indeed U.A. Well, I guess this was bound to come up.

"Oh great," you slumped in annoyance, knowing full well all of the news reporters would be flocking every student with a U.A. uniform before going to the school itself. "I hate the press," you huffed before resuming breakfast.

Your father comes through the hallway a few moments later, yawning tiredly, you can tell he's had a long night. You don't even remember him coming home, you do remember him being on the news last night, however.

You walk over with his plate, placing a sweet kiss on his cheek as he plops down on the couch, "You're up early," he says, before smiling gratefully as you sit beside him as the news story continues.

You hum, recalling the painful jolt that woke you in the middle of the night, you had been up since 4 a.m. luckily school doesn't start till 9. "Couldn't sleep," you shrugged, pushing your omelet around the plate, before smiling. "You're off today, how does it feel?"

Your father grimaces before slumping in relief. "Oddly, like age weight off my shoulders," you giggle at his blunt honesty, although he blushes in mild embarrassment. "But, I am looking forwards to getting to know my students, broaden my approach to them academically. Young Bakugo sure seems like a handful," your father shook his head as he recalled the boy, taking a bite of his omelet.

"Yeah, he is. But, he's not that bad, at least not when he's awake." You laugh to yourself while you're father shakes his head. "But, he only does it because no one's ever stopped him, the only one who can level his ego is himself." You finished, looking back at the news broadcast.

Later on, you got dressed in your uniform, running a brush through your hair, you pull a few strands to the side as you look in the mirror, it felt longer already.

You stretch a a few strands downwards and you sigh heavily as you find that it's already past your shoulder's and brushing your collarbone, just a few days ago it was hardly past your chin. You pull on your blazer, before tying your hair up into messy bun a few strands coming loose in front of your ears.

You picked your bag up from your desk's side, pulling on your shoes, you walk out of your room, shouldering your school bag as you passed your father's study. Inside, he had a police scanner, a TV that never left the news channel and a few classified folders for on the loose criminals across the city, the scanner, that was always blaring loudly whenever he was home, so far it was silent enough.

You leaned up against the doors entrance, your father flipping through a few files glanced up, "You're leaving already?"

"Yeah. I've got a shift with Recovery Girl before classes."

He nodded. "Right," he stood, you walked over to meet him, taking the pill jar from his stand as you came to hug him as he spread his arm's out. "I'll see you later, darling. I'm making steamed pork buns for dinner," he pulled away with a goofy grin, to which you snickered.

"You don't even like to cook."

"I'll learn to like it," your father replied, to which you laughed.

You then left for school, walking off of the apartment complexes borders to find yourself staring at a pair of vermillion eyes as you made your way down the steps to the front gates.  You smiled instantly, "Tsuki!"

"Took you long enough, wench."

You cooed as you opened the gate, Bakugo looming over you, his hands shoved in his pockets. "Aww, you waited for me?"

"Just get your ass moving so you don't make us late."

You giggled, before walking next to him, he shakes his head at you and lifts a hand out of his right pocket to drape an arm lazily around your shoulders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 16.5K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
71.3K 3K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
9K 113 12
Fem. reader x Katsuki Bakugo My Hero Academia Fanfic ✨✨✨ (Y/n) wants more than anything to become a hero. But, she knows how hard it will be because...
1.4K 7 10
I'm Izumi Midoriya you may remember me from my first life when I wasn't a hero...It seems as though God had other plans for me which brings us here...