Discovering It All

By xi_donis

𝒢 π“ˆπ“Šπ“‡π“…π“‡π’Ύπ“ˆβ„― 𝒾𝓃 β„―π“‹β„―π“‡π“Ž 𝒸𝒽𝒢𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇... More

My Hero
Author's Note
Interruption
Comforting Kara
A Long Day
Big Trouble
Riled Up
Always
Always Pt. 2
Game Night
Extreme Jealousy
Samantha Arias
Weird Feeling
Early Day
Small Authors Note
Celebration Date
Surprising Lena
The Heart Wants What It Wants
Raspberries
Strawberry Donuts
Quick Note
Back To Normal
Girl Of Steel
*Oh Adam*
Authors Note
Another Authors Note
*My World*
Strange Behavior
Part of the Plan
Changes
Changes (2)
The Secret Spot
*Thunderstorm Love*
Thunderstorm Love (2)
Losing Patience
*Losing Patience (2)*
Authors Note
*Attatched To You*
*Attatched To You (2)*
*Attached To You (3)*
Fiery Dreams
The Big Day
Honeymoon
Authors Note
Maine
Very Good Morning
Last Day
Sisterly Love
New Ideas
Amazingly Overwhelming
Amazingly Overwhelming (2)
Amazingly Overwhelming (3)
Help
Girls Night
Girls Night (2)
The Morning After
The Morning After (2)
Halloween Special
First Day Back
Check Up
Only Getting Worse
Thanksgiving Special
Thanksgiving Special (2)
Middle Of December
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Happy New Years
Quick Question

Best Friends

2K 40 2
By xi_donis

It was Thursday morning and Kara was the first one ready in the morning, as always. She decided she was gonna make pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips, cereal was starting getting boring to her.

Lena on the other hand did not want to go to work today, she was stressed out and she knew that if she went to one more meeting with those sick bastards she was most definitely going to kill someone.

"Ugh!" She groaned out in frustration, pulling the covers off of her body and running a hand through her hair. "Men seriously suck."

She got up out of bed and went to go get ready, She smelled pancakes and smiled at the fact that Kara was cooking again, Even though she usually skipped breakfast anyways, Kara's cooking was always the best.

"I think I'm gonna make a smiley face" Kara giggled, lining up the chocolate chips into a smile and placing bananas on the top for eyes. She flipped the pancaked and did a little victory dance when it came out perfect.

Placing the pancake on Lenas plate she made a few more for herself and then one more for Lena, This one she took her time with, carefully placing the chocolate chips to make a heart, and she was very impressed with the final product.

While she was placing the food she jumped slightly when she felt arms wrap around her waist, and very familiar lips press against her neck.

"Is that heart for me baby?" Lena said softly, kissing Karas neck gently and resting her head in her shoulder.

"Yeah it is, I tried to make it perfect for you, do you like it?" Kara blushed, turning to face Lena after she got done plating.

"I love it baby, you're so sweet." Lena smiled, pecking Karas lips and grabbing the plate, making her way over to the table.

Kara followed behind her and sat down at the table, grabbing the syrup and drowning her pancakes in them. She felt her ears turn red when she saw Lena raise an eyebrow at her.

"Chocolate isn't sweet enough for you?" Lena teased, taking a bite out of her pancake.

"Leave me alone, No one wants dry pancakes" Kara pouted, continuing to drench her pancakes until Lena took the bottle away.

"That's quite enough, You've already used more than half of the bottle." Lena pointed out, taking another bite of her pancake and keeping the bottle away from Kara.

"I would've used it all if it wasn't for you taking it." Kara rolled her eyes, scarfing down one of her pancakes.

Lena laughed softly as she took another bite of her pancake, only being on the first one while Kara was already half done with the second.

She finished her first pancake and then got up to make herself some coffee, chuckling softly when she saw Karas eyes move straight to her legs.

"See something you like baby?" She teased, putting the lid on her coffee cup and tilting her head at the blonde.

Kara only smiled as her face turned red, she quickly went back to finishing her pancakes.

Lena shook her head softly at the blonde, laughing at how shy she could be sometimes. She made her way back to the table with her coffee and pulled out her phone to call her driver.

"I heard you yell this morning, were you okay?" Kara said softly, turning her head to look at Lena.

Lena only nodded as she told her driver to pick her up, only answering correctly when she hung up. "I was just frustrated because I have all this work to do until the end of work on Friday."

"Isn't Friday when you decide if you're going to hire Sam or not?" Kara asked, tilting her head.

Lena nodded again, taking a sip of her coffee. "She hasn't done anything inappropriate so I think I'm going to hire her, she's adapting pretty quickly to the job."

"I know right?, she's so amazing, I can't wait to see her today." Kara sighed softly, finishing the rest of her pancakes.

Lena raised an eyebrow at the blonde and crossed her arms. "You can't wait to see her? What happened to wanting to kill her? Are you guys friends all of a sudden?"

Kara looked up into Lenas eyes and looked right back down after seeing rising anger. "Umm we actually became friends yesterday, she was so sweet to me and was all nervous and it was really cute, we talked for hours."

Lena let out a soft breath to calm herself before grabbing her keys. "I'm glad you have a new cute best friend, now you'll have two people to talk to at work."

"Why'd you say cute like that? There's no way you're jealous of Sam" Kara said, looking up at Lena.

"Nope, I just think it's funny how you literally threatened me over this woman but now you guys are the best of friends, I'm glad you have someone other than Winn to talk to now." Lena shrugged, making her way outside.

Kara huffed softly and followed after her, closing the door behind her. "So are you mad at me or not?"

Lena shook her head and got inside the car, crossing her legs. "Nope."

Kara got inside the car as well and squinted at Lena. "Are you sure? You seem upset."

"I'm not mad at at all Kara, stop asking." Lena said simply, looking at her schedule while the driver pulled off and drove them to work.
———
When they arrived at LuthorCo Lena got our first for once and made her way into the building. Of course Kara followed closely behind her.

As soon as the got upstairs Lena went into her office and closed the door. Kara on the other hand went straight to Sams station instead of Winns.

"Hey Sam!" She greeted cheerfully, giving the woman a hug.

"Kara Hi! How'd things go last night?" Sam smiled, getting up to hug Kara back and then sitting back down.

"I want to say pretty good, but I don't really know, every time I feel like I'm in control it's like she takes it away with one look." Kara groans, sitting next to Sam and grabbing one of the assignments she's working on.

"Maybe you're just meant to be affected by her, She is pretty good looking." Sam giggled, working on one of her other assignments.

"I know she's super hot, but it's like I really want to take her by surprise one day, It's like she knows every move I'm gonna make, stupid chess board" Kara sighs, grabbing a pen and helping Sam do her work.

"Well it sounds to me like she can't resist you, I mean how many times has she told you no and ended up doing it anyways?" Sam asked, tilting her head at Kara.

Kara thought about it before sitting back in her chair and gasping softly. "Now that I think about it, every time I tried to convince Lena to do something she'd say no and then next thing you know we're- well you know."

Sam laughed softly and nodded her head. "Exactly, she's whipped for you, she likes to please you. You just have to use that against her when she least expects it, you'll get your moment Kara, it'll be fine."

Kara nodded in response as she kept working. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right."
———
Meanwhile, Lena was in her office preparing for the meetings she had to sit through all day, She hoped that people would learn not to mess with her after yesterday's incident but considering the fact that he wasn't the only one to say something like that to her, she wasn't sure if hurting one person would be enough.

She grabbed one of her fountain pens and her folders before making her way out of the office. She looked over at Winns station to see that Kara wasn't sitting there today. At first she was confused as to where the girl was until she saw her at Sams station, laughing while they were doing work. She shook her head as she made her way to the elevator, she wasn't jealous or anything, she was just interested in how Kara could be enemies with someone and then snap back around to be friends with them. It was just new to her because it took her forever to make friends.

Anyhow, she already had made her way into the conference room, sitting in her usual seat as she pulled out her folder, no one but the 2 other women were there yet and she was just anxious for how this meeting would go.
———
"Well do you have a computer at home?" Sam asked, her and Kara were talking about ordering something but they decided not to do it on the work computers.

"No but I could always use my phone, It's not like she checks it or something." Kara shrugged, grabbing her phone out of her purse.

"Oh yeah, I'm completely blanking on the fact that we have cellphones." Sam giggled, finishing one of her assignments before pulling out another one.

"Is this what you were talking about?" Kara asked softly, showing Sam her phone.

Sam nodded and kept doing her work. "Yeah it is, Um, I have a question actually, you don't have to tell me if it's bad."

Karas facial expression changed as she looked up at Sam. "Yeah what is it?"

"Well um, do you think Lena will hire me? I mean I've been doing my work and stuff but it's just- I have ruby and I don't sleep a lot you know? And I've gotten used to you and I know I can just come see you like you said but I'm gonna miss seeing you at work and stuff if I don't get hired." Sam sad quietly, looking down at her lap.

"Sam of course Lena is going to hire you, we were just talking about it this morning, you're amazing at work, and I'm most definitely not going to let her get rid of my new best friend, you literally are so sweet and amazing at everything, and you caught on with stuff so quickly, I would be nothing but shocked if I found out you didn't get the job." Kara said with pure honesty, pulling the woman into a tight hug.

Sam hugged back and smiled softly at the girls words. "Thank you Kara, that really means a lot to me."

"No problem Sam, you seriously have nothing to worry about, I'm gonna make sure you stay here." Kara smiled, pulling away from the hug and looking into the woman's eyes.

Sam looked in her eyes as well, smiling brightly until she heard a voice clearing behind them.

"Sorry to interrupt but if I knew you were gonna steal my best friend away I would've snitched on you both sooner." Winn said, crossing his arms playfully.

Kara let out a breath of relief and got up to hug Winn. "I'm sorry I didn't come speak to you today, I just really wanted to see-"

"Your new girlfriend?" Winn finished, laughing softly when Kara pushed him away.

"You have to stop saying stuff like that, you're gonna get us both killed." Kara groaned, looking towards the elevator for any signs of Lena.

"Oh please, Lena isn't gonna kill any of us, She already liked Sam, If anything we should've been worried about you." He pointed out, tilting his head at the two women.

"Would you shut up? Me and Sam are just really good friends now, we are not doing anything else." Kara shrugged, waving a hand at Winn.

"So you guys aren't sitting close together, doing each others work and flirting with your eyes? Sure Kara, Sure."

"I- You just- Shut up and go back to your station." Kara said, glaring at Winn, the crinkle beginning to show in between her eyebrows.

"Sure thing Ms.Danvers." He teased, going back to his station to do his work.

"Ignore him, He's literally irrelevant to me right now." Kara said, going back to her work.

"He's pretty funny though, Who knew our friendship would be confused as flirting." Sam laughed softly, going back to her work as well.

"Let's just hope it doesn't start to seem that way to Lena, she does like you but she can get very cold when she's jealous." Kara said softly, putting her hand on top of Sams free one as they did their work.

"I'm sure it isn't, We're gonna be fine, don't worry about it, he was just teasing." Sam smiled, continuing to do her work.

"I know I know, it's still something to think about though." Kara said, moving on to her next assignment.
———
A few hours had passed and Lena was going insane. This idiot had been standing here talking about absolutely nothing for the past hour, the first 2 weren't the best either but him? He's literally the definition of boring. There's no point for him to be up there, he keeps repeating the same thing over and over without reasoning and Lena was seriously going to snap.

"Okay but what is your point of all this?" She interrupted, raising an eyebrow at the man, his last name was Lodgeman.

"I'm sorry?" He asked confused, looking at Lena.

"You keep talking about how you think we need more security but then you point out that we need male security as if women aren't strong enough to handle themselves." She said, tilting her head.

"If handling themselves means breaking someone's nose when they hear something they don't like instead of keeping their cool and politely telling the person to get out or they'll have to get them escorted out, then I don't think women can handle themselves." He challenged, smirking at Lena.

"Oh is that directed towards me? Well if men weren't so disrespectful to women maybe we wouldn't have to defend ourselves with actions instead of words. Right now we're talking about security, If a woman asks the nice way we're going to get walked over, but if we show that we can get just as violent then we're called a bitch, Men are such jack asses most of the time and they use wimpy defensive tactics to try and make themselves seem greater. Why don't you want a male assistant? You treat your assistant like she's an object, I've seen it, you better be lucky I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't hurt anyone else because you'd be choking on this pen right now." She stayed angrily, trying to keep her breathing steady.

"I bet your little blonde girlfriend can't handle herself, send her to be my assistant for a day and we'll see about what type of security women can handle. She couldn't even knock me down let alone fight me, she's all about no violence and accepting everyone. I've never like that Danvers girl anyways. But why do you have such a hatred for Men? Is it because you're a lesbian? Is that it Ms.Luthor? You're so obsessed with women that if someone makes the slightest comment about one you lose your cool, but if us Men support each other and defend ourselves against women then we're in the wrong, if women come together it's feminism but if men come together it's misogynistic? That isn't right now is it? I suggest you keep your comments to yourself because you are the true definition of a bitch." He answered back, staring down at Lena.

"First of all you piece of trash, don't you ever say anything like that about my girlfriend again, she can handle anything that's thrown in front of her, Second of all, If men showed that they were actually worth being respected I'd probably consider working with more of them, but every time I come in contact with a man he's shown me that he's nothing but a cocky jerk. Women come together to defend themselves, Men come together to sexualize women and put them down, not saying all men but there are men out there that seriously believe in the women should stay at home crap. Just yesterday you said how hot lesbians were and how you'd fuck me and my girlfriend. If I didn't have something to do I would've broken your jaw just like how I broke Jefferson's nose. You disgust me and after this meeting you will no longer have a fucking job, The women I hire do excellent work and your assistant deserves a better boss, if me being a bitch means that I stop men from disrespecting me and the women in my building then so be it, because I'm sick and tired of going through these things, I don't need a big strong man to protect me, I can protect myself, and so can most women, we can do everything that you do, just better, so, you can hurry up and end your little rant because when this meeting is over I'm gonna make sure you never get a job in business again." Lena stated, smiling as she saw the smirk on his face drop.

"Um so does that mean I'm next?" A newer employee named Adam asked quietly, a bit shaken up by what he just heard.

"Go ahead Adam, I'm looking forward to hearing about what you have to say." She said softly, he was younger than most of the men in the building were, she liked him simply because he was passionate about what he talked about and he was really sweet when it came down to talking to her or anyone else, he also was very respectful and he stood up for a lot of the women who were getting mistreated in the building, a perfect example of a good man.
———
Kara was now done with her work and was looking over some other stuff with Sam, They were in Karas office now and were sitting on her desk with their legs crossed.

"I like this one but I don't know, it looks complicated." Kara said, showing Sam her phone.

"It's probably not, I mean my air frier looked complicated but it makes pretty good food." Sam laughed softly, looking at the picture.

"I guess so, what about these though, should I get these or the other ones?" Kara said, tilting her head. "I haven't used it before so I don't know which one would be better."

"You're pretty strong, I think you should go with the other ones." Sam nodded, looking over the other choices.

Kara nodded softly and smiled, looking over the other choices as well. "Umm I don't know about this, I might have to keep looking, this seems like a lot."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out and you'll love it, you seem to always make things work." Sam smiled, patting Karas thigh and going to another website.

"Thanks Sam, you're really helping me out a lot." Kara said happily, putting her hand on top of Sams as they kept looking over things.

"What about that one? It looks pretty cool." Sam said, giving Kara the phone back.

"Oh! This one might work, I like this one a lot." Kara said excitedly, examining the picture.

"Glad I could help." Sam giggled, watching the girl look over everything.

"This is gonna be so cool I can't wait until it comes!" Kara said, putting her phone away before hugging same. "Thank you so much, you're really amazing at everything."

"No way, I barely helped, if anything I just picked it out for the color, you're giving me too much credit." Sam giggled, instantly hugging back.

Kara smiled and gave Sam a quick kiss on the cheek before pulling away from the hug. "Well I still appreciate you helping me."

Sam blushed slightly and looked down at her lap. "It really was nothing, you're just too sweet."

"If anyone's sweet it's you, Now, how about we plan a day to go out, I would love to hangout with you more." Kara said softly, playing with her hands.

Sam nodded softly and looked up at Kara. "Um sure, how about we go to Noonan's? It's like my favorite restaurant"

Kara gasped and clasped her hands together. "No way! That's like my favorite restaurant too, I used to work their a long time ago before I came here, their sticky buns are amazing."

Sam's eyes brightened as she looked at Kara. "I know right? I love their sticky buns, I get them like every morning."

"I used to get them every morning too before I started cooking at home, that's pretty cool." Kara beamed, she didn't know how much she really had in common with Sam until yesterday and today.

"Yeah that is pretty cool, we're like soulmates." Sam giggled, feeling her face heat up from blushing.

"We should go out tomorrow after you get the job, it'll be like a mini celebration date." Kara grinned, looking over at Sam.

"Yeah totally that sounds great" Sam smiled brightly, locking eyes with Kara before they both looked down at their hands.

The moment was interrupted by a soft knock on the door, Kara figured it was Winn so she just yelled come in, she almost had a heart attack when she realized it was Lena.

"Lena! Hi! What Um, Is something wrong?"

Lena raised an eyebrow at the two women in front of her, they were sitting a bit too close for her liking, both blushing, and Sams hand was on Karas thigh, major red flag.

"I needed Sam to print something for me and she wasn't at her station, Winn told me that you guys were in here and that I should knock first, was there something I would be interrupting if I didn't knock?" She asked trying to keep her voice calm, she didn't like to jump to conclusions, so she was going to let the girl explain.

"What? No! I don't know why Winn would say something like that. We were just talking, we finished our assignments together an hour ago, we were just um, yeah we were talking, nothing was interrupted, I mean besides a conversation, nothing else at all, no, nope we weren't doing anything but talking." Kara rambled nervous, avoiding eye contact with Lena.

"Geez Kara that sounded really convincing." Sam mumbled teasingly, before looking up at Lena. "I'm sorry Lena I had no idea you were trying to contact me, so do you still need me to print something for you?"

Lenas jaw clenched and she tried her best not to glare at the woman in front of her. "No I asked Mr.Schott to do it already, I'll leave you two be."

Kara let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding when Lena left her office. "Did she seem angry? I couldn't even look at her, She sounded angry."

Sam laughed softly and rubbed Karas back. "No she didn't seem angry, I mean maybe a little but she didn't yell or anything so I'm sure it's fine, calm down, your explanation made us look really suspicious."

Kara relaxed slightly as she pushed her glasses up on her face. "I know, I just wasn't expecting her to come in. I'm going to kill Winn, who says something like that? That causes her to think we're in here doing something we shouldn't be doing, I bet he thinks it was hilarious."

Sam laughed softly as she put her hand back on Karas thigh. "It kind of was, you should've seen your face when she walked in here, you looked so scared."

Kara groaned softly and slid away from Sam. "That's not funny, she scared me, I thought it was Winn, I better not be in trouble."

Sam shook her head at the girl, and looked at her phone. "Well you have an hour until you have to find that out."

Kara sighed softly and got up off the desk. "Oh great, an hour will go by too soon and now I'm gonna have to have a talk with Lena."

"Orrr she won't ask you about it and you'll be fine, you worry a lot, relax sometimes Kara." Sam said softly, getting off the desk as well before opening the door for Kara.

"Yeah Yeah, you always say it's gonna be fine so I guess I'll believe you this time." Kara said, walking out of her office to go sit at Sams station.

Sam followed behind her and sat down at her seat. "We could play computer games to pass the time?"

Kara nodded eagerly and went to a game website. "That sounds fun, let's do it."

Sam smiled and passed Kara the mouse, sitting back as they took turns playing a racing game.
———
Kara was right. The hour went by really fast and next thing you know Lena is walking out of her office and telling Kara to hurry up so they can go.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow Sam, that is if I'm not dead." Kara giggled softly, standing up from her chair.

"You're gonna be fine, um, 8:00 for Noonan's?" Sam asked softly as she turned off her computer and got up as well.

Kara nodded softly, giving the woman a quick side hug before running over to the elevator. "I won't be a second later!"

Sam smiled brightly and made her way to the other elevator, she was not going to be in there alone with those two, especially if Kara was going to get interrogated.

Kara got into the elevator with Lena and looked down at the floor the whole time, even when they were walking outside, and when they got into the car.

"You're being really quiet, what's the reason?" Lena said lowly, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

Kara only shook her head and kept her eyes on the floor, she didn't want to risk looking up and her crinkle sabotaging her relationship.

"Baby you have 3 seconds to look up at me before I make you look up at me." Lena said sternly, crossing her legs.

Kara groaned softly and shook her head again. "I'm quiet because there's nothing to talk about."

Lena rolled her eyes and grabbed Laras jaw, making the girl look into her eyes. "I don't care about you answering the question, I just don't like the fact that you haven't looked at me since I left your office."

Kara gulped quietly and kept eye contact with Lena. "I'm sorry, I won't do that again."

Lena chuckled softly and let go of her jaw. "Baby you do it way too often for me to believe that."

Kara scoffed and crossed her arms, glaring at the woman. "I do not! I look at you all the time."

Lena shook her head as she let out a small laugh. "You look at my legs a lot, maybe even everything else, but I literally have to tell you to look up at me."

Kara rolled her eyes and looked out the window. "Whatever"

Lena smiled softly and shook her head at the girl, unbuckling her seatbelt when she saw that they would be home soon.

When they did get home, Kara got out first and quickly made her way into the house. Lena came in right after and closed the door behind her.

"How'd your meeting go today? You didn't like, kill anyone did you?" Kara asked softly, walking into the bedroom.

"It went okay for the most part, I didn't kill anyone but I fired Lodgeman." Lena said shrugging, following Kara into the bedroom.

"Lodgeman? Oh I remember him, he tried to-" Kara shut herself up the second she saw Lenas eyebrow go up. "Never mind"

"No no, he tried to do what? I swear to God Kara if he touched you, I will find him and murder him all by myself." Lena said, changing into her pajamas.

"No baby, he was flirting with me and then got mad when I told him I was taken, nothing too extreme though." Kara explained, changing into her pajamas as well.

"Mhm, I can't wait until tomorrow, I never thought I'd look forward to the weekend." Lena sighed softly, getting into bed and pulling the covers over her.

"I can't wait until tomorrow either I have a da- I can't wait to see you hire Sam." Kara caught herself to avoid any conversation and got into bed as well.

"She's proven time me that she's a great worker, I don't see why I shouldn't hire her, even though today was kind of a bump in the road." Lena mumbled the last part and closed her eyes, relaxing into the pillow.

Kara heard it but decided to ignore it, humming in response as she pulled the covers over her. She was very excited about her mini date with Sam, it's been a while since she went out anywhere with a friend and she couldn't wait for the next day to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 276 23
Just some random ideas about Supercorp
134K 3.3K 39
Never before she felt like this, felt safe in someone's arms. She didn't understand what these feelings meant for her. What it meant for them. Lena...
62.1K 2.2K 25
Heartbroken and Abused by her lover Luthessa, Kara Zor-El goes into an eternal sleep. What happens when one day an explorer named Lena Luthor messes...
90.8K 3.8K 18
Lena Luthor has success in many areas of her life, however love is not one of them. She has the ultimate crush on her best friend of ten years Kara...