unexplainable | d.winchester...

By calaryssia

"belle?" dean said looking at me with surprise and a bit of betrayal in his eyes. "shit." "you know these la... More

PART 1
CAST
"lets ice the devil"
"little witch."
gods, they're so annoying
guess who's back
horseman rings.
PART 2
back in action
alpha
"you need to come home."
happy days
sam's back
"what's wrong?"
welcome to the wild west
eve
knowing more than you should
on a mission
purgatory, who would have thought?
end of book; fun facts
unreliable | d.winchester {2} is out now!!!

swan song

1K 18 6
By calaryssia

2005

"wow." i say looking at the 1967 chevy impala in front of me. "is she yours?"

"yep. dad gave her to me. she's my baby." i smile looking over at dean. he smiles back.

when she got in the backseat she noticed the initials that were dean and sam's. i can feel the memories in this car. it makes me smile. this is were it all began. this car was their home.

me and sam sat on the hood of the impala, sam had a beer in his hand while i had my mother's journal. i was reading up on how she would channel her power, i was interested to how she did it, thought it might help me for the big fight.

"hey." i heard sam says as someone approached the car. i turn to see dean as he grabs himself a beer out of the cooler. he leans back up against the car, he stays silent for a moment.

"dean?" sam says slightly turning to him. "what's going on?" dean doesn't say anything for a second.

"i'm in." he finally says, struggling to get it out.

"in with..?" sam questions looking at dean confused.

"the whole 'up with satan' thing. i'm on board." sam gets up from his position so he's face closer to him. i put the string to hold my place in the journal closing it, turning to play attention to him.

"you're gonna let me say yes?" sam asks, not quite getting it.

"no. that's the thing. it's not on me to let you do anything. you're grown, well, over grown, man." i hold back my laughs knowing this was a serious moment. "if this is what you want, i'll back your play."

"that's the last thing i thought you'd ever say."

"might be. i'm not gonna lie to you, though. it goes against every fiber i got. i mean, truth is.. you know, watching out for you... it's kinda been my job, you know? but more than that, it's... it's kind of who i am. you're not a kid anymore, sam, and i can't keep treating you like one. maybe i got to grow up a little, too. i don't know if we got a snowball's chance. i mean the most powerful person we got is belle over here. but... but i do know that if anybody can do it. it's you and even her." dean just adds me in their since i'm here, i know he meant this conversation to be just between him and his brother but i was just here. saved him another conversation he would have had to make.

"thank you." sam says, actual gratefulness in his voice. i didn't say anything because i didn't want to ruin their bro moment.

"if this is what you want.. is this really what you want?" he says looking at the both of us. i just nod. sam takes a second with his answer.

"i let him out. i got to put him back in." i look to sam, i put my hand on his shoulder to bring him comfort.

"okay. that's it then." dean says, taking a sip of his beer. we just continue to sit there in silence. enjoying each other's presence.

the boys come out from the building, sam and cas holding demon blood. i didn't want to go in, so i stayed outside. i was leaned against the car as sam opened the trunk to put the demon blood in it.

sam looks at me and i smile. he comes over to me taking one of my hands. "can i ask you something?" i nod up at him. "how do you see this ending up?" i look to the ground before looking back up.

"no clue. there's so many different ways this could go. we just have to hope that, what we do together is the right way." he smiles at me. before dropping my hand.

"you're gonna do great belle. you'll be able to fight him off. i believe in you." i smile, he always tends to see the best in me. if this thing goes sideways, i will always blame myself. no matter what he says. but i just nod and smile.

we get back on the road and head for detroit. where we originally said it was gonna happen. he was right. should have known.

i ride with bobby to keep him company. we make small talk most of the way there.

i look down at the journal in my hands. i haven't opened it yet since i don't have much light. bobby looks over to me and then to the book before returning his eyes back to the road.

"is that your mother's?" he questioned. i look over to him and nod.

"she gave me it before i had to leave. before i went with crowley to get away from lucifer. she told me
'you take this, and you grow. you can get strong enough to defeat him. don't let anyone tell you different'. i hope she's right. because if i'm not. i'll just be used as a magic blood bag for the rest of my life." i say looking over to bobby again with fear in my eyes. "i have to pull this off."

"you can and you will kid. i've seen how powerful you can be. what you did with sam, showing him something." he says keeping his eye on the road. "your good at what you do kid. i have no doubt you can't pull it off. you haven't even shown your full power yet. you'll do great." i smile, a tear rolling down my check.

me and bobby come back from examining the building lucifer is supposedly in, there was demons, i could feel the dark coming from there with some red as well, which i assumed to be lucifer.

"demons. at least two dozen of them. you were right, something's up there." bobby says. i look at dean, he knows he's there too. i don't even have to confirm it.

"more than something. he's here. i know it." dean says before going to the back of the car opening the truck.

bobby and sam exchange looks. he walks over to sam, giving him a saddening stare. "i'll see ya around, kid." the tears start to weal up in my eyes. "see ya around." sam says, making my tears to start to drop. they hug. once they pull away bobby says one last thing. "he gets in.. you fight him tooth and nail, you understand? keep swingin'. don't give an inch."

"yes, sir." sam says before he walks over to me. he points to me. "you better stop that crying. you are gonna make sure you can get the job done without sending your ass down there." i laugh a little, the tears keep streaming down my face. i can't stop them. he hugs me, for maybe the last time. i miss cas and sam's goodbye, which would have caused me to probably cry more so, maybe it wasn't too bad.

sam finishes drinking the blood, me and dean not watching. once he's done he seems amped up. "okay, let's go." he says walking past us. we soon follow after him, leaving bobby and cas behind.

sam walks out into the street yelling holding his arms up. "all right, we're here, you sons of bitches! come and get it!" demons come out of the door, like they were waiting just on the other side of it.

"hey guys. is your father home?"

we get tussled into the room where lucifer was waiting on us. he was looking outside of the window, seemingly to be enjoying the view.

"hey, guys. so nice of you to drop in." he heats up the glass with his breathe. "sorry if it's a bit chilly. most people think i burn hot. it's actually quite the opposite." he doodles on the window.

"well, i'll alert the media." dean adds his snarky remark like he always does. lucifer turns around looking at dean then starts to walk toward us.

"help me understand something, guys. i mean, stomping through my front door with the witch, is a tad suicidal, don't you think?"

"we aren't here to fight you." sam says interrupting him.

"no? then why are you?"

"i want to say 'yes'."

"excuse me?" he says looking at sam shocked. sam closes his eyes concentrating killing the two demons that brought us in.

"chock-full of ovaltine, are we? and little miss over here is more powerful then the last time." he says looking at me smirking.

"don't make this about her. you heard me." sam says gaining his attention back. "yes."

"you're serious." he says still shocked.

"look, judgement day's a runaway train. we get it now. we just want off."

"meaning?"

"deal of the century. i give you a fire ride, but when it's all over, i live. he lives. she lives. you bring our parents back-"

"okay, can we please drop the telenovela? one, that whole plan of yours won't work for belle, she's mine or michael's forever power source till the days she dies which may be never. two, i know you have the rings, sam." i try to hold a straight face but, this whole thing is starting to go sideways.

"i have no idea what you're talking about." sam is quick to respond.

"the horsemen's rings? the magic keys to my cage? ring a bell." he says getting closer to us. dean grabs my hand pulling me a little closer to him. "come on, sam. i've never lied to you. you could at least pay me the same respect." he walks through us and we all turn around to face him again. "it's okay. i'm not mad. a wrestling match inside your noggin... i like the idea. just you and me, one round, no tricks. you win, you jump in the whole while belle holds me back to make sure i don't gain control. i win... well, i win and take her. what do you say, sam? a fiddle of gold against your soul says i'm better than you." he says the last part with a singsong voice.

"so he knows. doesn't change anything."

"sam." me and dean both say at the same time.

"we don't don't have another choice."

"no." dean says worriedly.

"yes." just as he says it a bright light admits from lucifer's occupied vessel. me and dean both block ourselves away from it. once it's gone both of them are lying on the ground. dean grabs the rings throwing them on the wall.

"bvtmon.. tabges.. babalon." as he finishes saying it parts of the wall open up to a deep dark pit with air gushing through it. we both turn around to see sam getting up. dean rushes to his aid yelling his name.

"dean! i can feel him." as he says this i try to channel all of my energy and raise my hands toward sam. i open my once closed eyes to revival my purple laced ones. sam gets up and heads toward the wall. he stops, i feel this gapping feeling in my chest, i drop to the ground the power fleecing from me. dean rushes over to my side. "it's not him dean!" i yelp over the loud wind. sam then turns around looking at us and dean helps me stand up.

"i was just messing with you. sammy's long gone." he then turns to the hole saying some sort of reversal spell.  the wall comes back, the rings still there. he grabs them turning to look back at us. " i told you.. this would always happen in detroit." then suddenly, lucifer grabs me and we both disappear leaving dean. i was over with.

2007

i laugh as i look over at my mom after she tells a joke. me, my dad, my mom, and my brother all sitting together in our living room. we had just gotten done with a hunt, a easy salt and burn. mom was joking about something that had happened.

"trey was the one who, did that not me!" i say jokingly as they all laughed at me. we were so happy. if only i could go back to that time. before my fate was set out in front of me, no way of how i could change it.

i woke up as what felt like sam's arms put me down on the ground sitting me up against a headstone. i open my eyes to see his face, but i knew it wasn't him, i flinch away as he raises his hand to touch my face. "you're gonna want to be up for this belle, it's almost time." he says pulling his hand away from my face standing up looking around.

i hear the fluttering of wings and see michael standing there using adam as his vessel. him and lucifer stare at each other for a moment. my fear settles in.

"it's good to see you, michael." he says nodding toward his brother.

"you too. it's been too long."

"can you believe it's finally here?" michael start to walk over to him.

"no. not really. are you ready?"

"as i'll ever be. a part of me wishes we didn't have to do this."

"yeah. me too."

"then why are we?" lucifer says starting over to him.

"oh, you know why. i have no choice, after what you did."

"what i did? what if it's not my fault?"

"what is that supposed to mean?"

"think about it. dad made everything. which means he made me who i am. God wanted the devil."

"so?"

"so why? and why make us fight? i just can't figure out the point." i try to move a little but, i'm locked down tight. what ever he did to me before, it was still affecting me. i start to channel my powers, hoping that they won't notice while they argue.

"what's your point?"

"we're going to kill each other. and for what? one of dad's tests. and we don't even know the the answer.  we're brothers. let's just walk off the chessboard." michael looks away from his brother noticing me. he seems to give me a sympathetic look, knowing what i was about to go through.

"i'm sorry. i-i can't do that. i'm a good son, and i have my orders."

"but you don't have to follow them."

"what, you think i'm gonna rebel? now? i'm not like you." he says raising his voice.

"please, michael-"

"you know, you haven't changed a bit, little brother. always blaming everybody but yourself. we were together. we were happy. but you betrayed me, all of us, and you made our father leave."

"no one makes dad do anything. he is doing this to us." they pause for a moment staring into each other's eyes. betrayal in both.

"you're a monster, lucifer. and i have to kill you."

"if that's the way it's got to be... then i'd like to see you try." i start to fear for my existence. ready for one of them to grab me, drain me. until i hear the familiar rumble of an engine.

dean is sitting there in the impala, def leopard blasting through the stero. i smile knowing he had a plan. he starts to make his way toward us in the car.

he gets out of the car, looking toward the two brother. "howdy, boys. sorry am i interrupting something?" he closes the door and comes closer. "hey. we need to talk." he says toward lucifer.

"dean. even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid."

"i'm not talking to you. i'm talking to sam."

"you're no longer the vessel, dean. you got no right to be here." michael says interrupting him.

"adam, if you're in there somewhere, i am so sorry."

"adam isn't home right now."

"well, then you're next on my list, buttercup. but right now, i need five minutes with him." i start to slowly get up seeing as though they are distracted by dean. i see cas and bobby there, seeming to be waiting for something.

"you little maggot. you are no longer a part of this story!"

"hey, assbutt!" cas says he says before throwing a holy fire bomb on michael, he engulfs in flames. he screams making a loud piercing sound. suddenly he disappears. once it's over dean looks over at cas.

"assbutt?" cas ignores is question.

"he'll be back, and upset. but you got your five minutes."

"castiel." lucifer says to cas, anger rising in his voice. this can't be good. "did you just molotov my brother with holy fire?"

cas backs away fearfully. "uh.. no."

"no one dicks with michael but me." dean look at me as lucifer is talking nodding at me asking if i was okay. 'neither of them have used me yet.' i say tapping into his mind. he stares at me confused at how i got in his head but nods looking back at lucifer.

lucifer snaps his fingers and cas blows up. hurt spreads across my face. i had only known him for a short period of time but, he was a very nice angel, and i had grown to like him. i try to move over to him as instinct but, my feet are locked in place. lucifer still has his hold on me.

"sammy, can you hear me?" lucifer turns to him starting to look annoyed.

"you know.. i tried to be nice... for sammy's sake. but you.. are such a pain." he says grabbing onto dean's jacket. "in my ass." he pushes him onto the car. dean's head hits the window.

"stop!" i yell. he ignores me and starts to advance toward dean, a shot rung out. bobby had shoot him in the shoulder. he turns around facing him. bobby shoots him again this time in his lower left chest. he stares at it for a second before raising his hand turning it making bobby's neck.

"no!" me and dean both yell out as he drops to the ground.

"yes." lucifer says grabbing deans leg pulling him off the hood of the car giving him a punch to the face.

"dean!" i yell as i see him hold out his hand as the blood comes out of his face. he turns back to him none the less. "sammy? are you in there?" dean asks still trying to get through to him. tears stream down my face. i don't want to watch but i can't tear my eyes away.

"oh, he's in here, all right." lucifer says before punching dean again. "and he's gonna fell the snap of your bones." another punch that sends dean to the ground. i start crying loudly, partly because of the hurt, but also because i'm trying to get the attention off of dean. lucifer moves his hand pushing me back to sit down, not saying a word before going back to dean.

"every single one." he picks dean up and puts him up against the car. "we're gonna take our time." he punches him ten times across the face one after another. "stop!" i yell trying to gain his attention again. he looks over to me with annoyed glance.

"sam, it's okay." dean says gaining his attention back. "it's okay, i'm here. i'm here. i'm not gonna leave you." he punches him again twice. i feel the defeat. the pain washing over me. if only i could break through lucifer's trap i could help him. but i'm lock tight. i can't move from where i'm sitting.

"i'm not gonna leave you." dean says, he pulls back his hand for him to punch him again and something stops him. the car. it's bringing back sam's  memories. he breaks out of lucifer's grasp. i can feel the wave of power rushing back to me, i'm realized for the time being. he looks down at dean, and exchanges a glance with me. i rush over to him.

"it's okay, dean. it's gonna be okay. i've got him." i grab onto sam's arm feeling his energy radiating. he doesn't even need my help holding him back. he grabs the rings before throwing them onto the ground. i look at him and he nods saying he's got it, i go over to dean. i examine his face but he's just focused on sam has he says the words to open the cage up. i turn toward him. sam was the strongest person i've even known.

sam looks to us, giving us a last look. i could see how we was one hundred percent sure he could do this. he wanted to fix his mistake.

"sam!" we hear, we all turn to see michael standing there. "it's not gonna end this way! step back!"

"you're gonna have to make me!" sam yells over the wind.

"i have to fight my brother, sam! here and now! it's my destiny!" sam and dean share a look, we all know this is probably the last time we would see sam. in the bravest he's ever been. he closes his eyes and starts to let himself fall back. michael runs over to him trying to pull him back. i reach out my hand to push him in along with sam, sam grabs michael as i do this. they both tumble into the cage.

suddenly, the cage starts to flash out, seeming to be closing. me and dean turn to shield our eyes away from the bright light. when it's goes the cage door is closed, everything seeming to go back to the way it was.

me and dean go over to the rings, me helping him to get there. he kneels down looking at them. i put my hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him. i don't know what to say so i just keep my mouth shut. he had just lost his only family member by blood. the only one he truly had left. didn't help he also lost his half brother as well.

i feel a presence beside me and i turn to see cas. how was he alive, dean notices him as well staring at him confused and shocked.

"cas, you're alive?" dean asks.

"i'm better than that." he says putting his fingers on his face healing him. his once beat up face back to his normal one. dean stands up my hand from his shoulder falls. we both look at cas amazed.

"cas, are you God?" i ask. he turns to look at me.

"that's a nice compliment. but no. although, i do believe he brought me back." he turns around and starts to walk toward bobby. "new and improved."

when he gets to bobby he does the same thing he did to dean, putting his fingers to his head. bobby wakes up, i smile happy to see him alive again. he sits up looking to cas. cas gets up and walks away.

i look at dean as he looks down at the rings, hurt still in his eyes. i put my hand on his arm, he looks up at me as he sees the tear go down my face. i could feel his hurt. he looks at me for a second before i open up my arms for him to hug me. he gives in and slips his arms around my waist while mine go around his neck. i feel his tears drip down onto my jacket. i would never fully understand how badly he was hurting, but i was going to be there if he needed me. i knew he was gonna go to lisa, and i didn't completely blame him for that, sam told me he was gonna ask him to do that after all of this. i knew he would do what he wanted him to do.

sam told me to do what i do best. hunting, and that when i would go home and look at that sunset over the field. i would think of him, and what i shared about myself that day. i was going to miss him a lot.

once we got back to bobby's, dean was going to leave again. after he said goodbye to bobby, he can over to me not saying a word as the tears streamed down my face. he just hugged me before getting into the car and driving off.

a man stands under a lamppost on the side of the street staring into the house that dean was in, having dinner with lisa and ben. i stare at him confused. who the hell was that? i notice what he's wearing taking a second, till i recognized him.

"sam?"

~
please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1.5K 48
Dean Winchester was sent to Hell after making a deal with a crossroads demon that resulted in him only receiving a one year sentence in order to save...
1.2K 148 66
Jessica Coleman used to have a normal life. She went to work and lived with her best friend Rachel...life seems pretty okay until Jessica was thrown...
49.2K 1.4K 22
PART ONE [COMPLETED] There's so much uncertainty in your life. Why won't any demons make a deal? What is Sam up to and why won't he return your call...
5.3K 68 41
Disclaimer: I only own my OC. Supernatural and its characters belong to their rightful owners. They saved her. They gave her a home. They adopted he...