Shelved Love

By earc_iiso

This is the story of a young lady who didn't believe in love, until she feels it. This is the story of a youn... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Six

1.1K 58 15
By earc_iiso

Ye-jin woke up early on Saturday because she had many things to do before leaving with her new friends.

Hyo-jin did text her the previous night to let her know that they were going to pick her up at four in the afternoon to have a beautiful afternoon picnic as they watch the sunset by the beach.

Hyun Bin had told her that he was going to receive his new books packets in the morning, so she had planned to pass by at afternoon, but since she heard her friends' plans, she decided to pay him a visit right after the picnic.

Even when Hyo-jin and Yoona had told her not to bring anything, she didn't want to go with empty hands, but it was two in the afternoon already and she hadn't finish to cook her yubuchobap yet.

At three o'clock she went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready before the guys' arrival.

At ten to four she was ready with a beautiful spring dress, and at five to four she heard a car's engine outside before someone knocked at her door.

They left on Gong Yoo's car. Fortunately for them, it was a short road to the farthest beach of the island because it was Ye-jin, Yoona, Min-jung, Hyo-jin, Ji-won and Yoo, plus all their stuff, stuck in the car.

They had to walk part of the way to get to the tip of the island, but it was worth for Ye-jin because the view was breathtaking. Hongdo kept to amaze her.

Yoo took some wood pieces and put them on the rocks so the girls could put the food in its place.

Everyone was having a fun time as they enjoyed each other's stories and company.

"So bad the others couldn't make it, they're missing all the fun", Min-jung said after a fit of laughter.

"Being married and having kids must suck", Hyo Jin said jokingly.

"I heard that Mr. Kim's family was going to visit his parents in law for the weekend", said Ji Won.

"I bet he would prefer to be here. Our poor friend", Gong Yoo said feeling sorry for the nice Mr. Kim who was not liked by his in-laws, not even after almost 10 years of marriage.

"Maybe some others could have come if SOMEONE had not change the plans for the afternoon", said Yoona looking at Gong Yoo.

"I already said that I'm sorry, I was not available this morning", he said.

"What was that important thing you had to do?", Hyo-jin asked him.

"I had promised Bin that I was going to help him to carry some books boxes", he explained.

That caught Ye-jin's attention.

"If it was because of Bin, then you're forgiven", Yoona said playfully.

"You always change us for Bin" Min-jun reproached him.

"That's not true, but c'mon girls, he's my man and as much as I love to hang out with you, sometimes I need my man".

"Hyun Bin is Gong Yoo's friend. He's the owner of Author Attic, the bookstore you visit yesterday", Hyo-jin explained to Ye-jin.

"He's more like my brother. Even when each one has their own responsibilities to attend to and we spend many years apart when I left Hongdo, we never let that to ruin our friendship. We have always been there in each other's trying times. Like I said, he's my man".

"I thought you were from Busan", Ye-jin told him.

"Oh, no. When I got my teaching license I had to move and live there for my first four years as a teacher, but I was very fortunate that, when my rotation time came, there was an open vacancy at Hongdo's elementary school. I took the chance and that's how I could came back to my hometown two years ago", he explained.

"Wow, lucky you. I mean, what were the chances?"

"I know, right? What about you? Do you want to get back to Seoul?"

"Not really. Actually I'm enjoying my time far away from the city's chaos", she answered.

"I thought you may miss Seoul's fresh air!", Yoona said and everyone laughed.

The small group of friends got the chance to know each other's better as they share their most precious, funny and even sad anecdotes and memories.

When the sunset came, they all remained silent, just being delighted by the beautiful phenom happening in front of their eyes and Ye-jin tried to stick every sensation, sound and smell in her memory to remember it for the rest of her life.

Ye-jin got out from Gong Yoo's car after saying goodbye and thanking her friends for such lovely welcome soiree. She ran to her cabin to left her picnic stuff inside and to touch up her make-up and her wind-tousled hair.

She hurried up and arrived at Author Attic 20 minutes before its close.

Bin was on his back, but he turned around as soon as he heard the door open. His face lit up at the sight of Ye-jin and welcomed her with a smile on his face.

"Hey", he greeted her.

"Hi", she smiled back at him. "Sorry I'm late".

"Better late than never. I thought you were not coming".

"No, it's just that I hung out with some friends and we returned late".

"I see. I'm glad you're here". "Because some interesting books arrived", he added.

"Great, let's take a look".

Bin guide her to the book cellar in the back of the store.

"So, how have you been doing? I mean, visiting Hongdo".

"It has its charm. I have been really enjoying the peace and the tranquility that live in a town give you".

"Where are you from?", he asked curious.

"I'm from Seoul", she said looking at the books in the open boxes and taking one book in her hands.

"I know what you mean, the city can be chaotic. But even Seoul has its charms" he said with something like homesickness in his voice.

"I thought you were from here", she said looking at him.

"I am, but I lived in Seoul for some years. I studied and worked for a while there but later I had to come back", he said the last part looking at everywhere but at her.

"What did you study?"

"Literature", he said with a smile, finally looking back at her and opening his arms to point at the books around them.

"Really?", she was surprised for the coincidence. "And what did you do? Where did you work at?"

"I was a book editor at Daewon C. I. Inc., but actually I was just looking for a chance to, eventually, become an author".

"Wow. Impressive", she said with honesty. "And what happened?"

"Life happened", he said but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Sorry if I'm being nosy".

"No, it's ok".

"What does your bookstore name means? Is it related to your dream of becoming an author?"

"Yes, I think so". "People usually use attics to storage things that once they really wanted or needed. I think of Author Attic as a place to storage my dream until the day I finally can be able to reach it come", he explained.

"That's poetic", she said looking at him straight in the eyes as they remained in silent.

"So, you were telling me about your experience in Hongdo", he said breaking the silent. "How long do you plan to stay?".

"As long as my job let me".

"What do you do?", he asked her, but before she could answer, his cell phone rang.

It was someone called Chung-cha.

"Sorry, I have to take this", he said as walking out the book cellar.

Ye-jin read the back cover of the book in her hands before Bin got back.

"Ye-jin? I'm so sorry, it's late, I have to go now".

"Oh, sure, yeah, let get out of here".

"I really am sorry, Ye-jin", he said as they left the bookstore.

"No, it's ok, don't worry. Actually I'm the one who needs to apologize, I came when you were about to close the bookstore".

"Don't mention it! You can come whenever you want. Will you come back to look at the books?", he asked hopefully.

She nodded.

"On another time. I still have to read the one you gave me yesterday, so...", she shrugged.

"Ok. Then I'll see you soon".

She nodded again and each one take their own way.

AN:

Hello, there!

I was sitting on my house's roof, looking for some inspiration as I usually do when I write the story.

Suddenly, I realized how amazing it is for me that you guys are reading my work, good or bad, from miles and miles away; and how amazing it is that this story, written in small Mexican village, is read by many people from sixteen different countries with their own language each one.

I really appreciate that you take your time to read, vote and even comment this.

Thank you so much.

Keep safe, yall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 4.9K 27
"Is it only for us to find love but then lose it again?" Once upon a time - this is how a typical story begins; where a knight in shining armor meets...
3.8K 108 2
They were a couple before, but overseas studies had to separate them. Back in present, 20 years later they meet and their feelings still lingering in...
46.6K 2.9K 50
Jisung wanted someone to love him and when all hopes seemed to have vanished, he simply had to try it online. Nothing could go wrong, right? ~The sto...
65.2K 2.6K 15
BinJin drabbles/one-shots - completely fiction.