Black Lightning ~ A New Decade

By kamjaxson

This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (... More

Chapter 1: Old Faces
Chapter 2: Building A Team
Chapter 3: Team Lightning
Chapter 4: The Book of Love
Chapter 5: The Book of Jealousy
Chapter 6: The Book of Acceptance
Chapter 7: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 1
Chapter 8: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 2
Chapter 9: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 3
Chapter 10: The Book of Change
Chapter 11: The Book of Ownership
Chapter 13: The Book of Strength
Chapter 14: Family Reunion
Chapter 15: Making Deals with the Devil
Chapter 16: Escorting A Frenemy
Chapter 17: Spilling Secrets
Chapter 18: Home Invasion
Chapter 19: Blue Eyed Freaks
Chapter 20: Chip Overload
Chapter 21: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 22: Death Do Us Part
Chapter 23: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 24: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 25: Finale ~ Part 3
PSA

Chapter 12: The Book of Vengeance

183 10 0
By kamjaxson

The next day the Team goes out for Dinner at a Fancy restaurant. Everyone dresses up nice for the occasion.

"It's too bad Grace couldn't join us", Jeff says.

"Yeah she's been feeling a little under the weather for a few days now, but let's not let that ruin the night", Anissa says.

"Well Everyone looks really good tonight", Lynn says.

"So we didn't look good this morning", Jeff says.

"You know what I mean", Lynn says.

"Please excuse me I need to find the restroom", Lynn says.

"I'll join you, I think I drunk to much sweet tea", Gambi says.

"I haven't even touched my drink", Jeff says.

After they get up Gambi looks back at Jeff and Jeff nods at Gambi.

"Everything is so expensive, I don't think I can afford it", Brandon says.

"Yeah me either", Dionte says.

"Well you won't have to this isn't actually a restaurant it's a pop up danger simulation", Jeff says.

Just then bars cover up the window, and everyone except the team disappears.

"All of that was a hologram", Anissa says.

"Yeah and now you guys are trapped in here until you can find away to escape", Jeff says.

"I got away to escape" Anissa says punching the wall.

Nothing happens.

"Ow!", Anissa yells, "My powers are gone". She hits the wall again.

"So are mine", Jenn says trying to spark up.

Everyone tries but their powers are gone too.

"Oh yeah and if you drunk anything from here, then your powers are gone", Jeff says, "We put an anti booster in the drinks so that you would have to get out without using your powers".

"What about Mom & Uncle Gambi", Jenn says.

"They're still here but they're in a safe room, watching you all", Jeff says, Oh and you have 45 minutes before the time goes out the building blows up".

"This is crazy", Brandon says.

"I think it's pretty cool", Dionte says.

"Same here", Khalil says.

"Ok well since we can't use our powers let's use our heads and find some clues to get out", Anissa says.

The team disperses and goes and looks for clues, as Jeff sits back and watches.

Jenn and Erica walk over and begin looking under tables when they look under the last table there's a envelope taped to it.

"Hey guys we found something", Erica says.

The team walks over.

"Okay what is it", Dionte says.

"Some envelope", Jenn says opening it up and pulling out the note, "It says this is your first clue, out of five clues, the next clue can't be found but it can be created".

"Created, how can we create a clue if we don't know what's suppose to be found", TC says.

"Ok everyone think, where can we create something", Anissa says.

"The kitchen, they create or prepare our dinners in there", Khalil says.

"Oh yeah, Good thinking Khalil", Anissa says.

The team runs into the kitchen. When they walk in it's bigger than expected with a big cake in the middle of the room.

"Okay so the next clue is someone in this room", Jenn says.

"So everyone needs to look around", Brandon says.

They all begin looking around the kitchen. Until Dionte opens up the oven and finds another envelope.

"Here's another one", Dionte says, "It says here's your second clue you have three more to go, take a break, kick up your feet, and eat something sweet".

"We don't have time to take a break, we're down to 30 minutes", Jenn says.

"But we do have time for something sweet", TC says sticking his hand inside the cake, "Wait I feel something".

The team moves closer and surrounds TC.

"It's another envelope, it says you got to number three, now on to number four, the next clue is watching you, right behind the door", TC says.

"Watching us like god or some shit", Brandon says.

"How we gonna get a clue from god", Dionte says.

"God shows you clues that you don't even realize", Brandon says.

"I agree with Brandon on this one", Erica says.

"Ok well let's get on our knees and pray then", Dionte says.

"We do need it", Jenn says.

"Guys let's focus", Khalil says.

"Hey where is Gambi and My Mom watching us from", Anissa says.

"In a hidden room inside of the facility, where they're watching us", Erica says.

"So we find the room we find the next clue", Jenn says.

The team runs through the facility, Anissa runs to a door at the end of the hall, inside she can hear people whispering . She kicks it open and runs in.

"Hey I thought you guy's powers were gone", Lynn says.

"They are but if you kick a door hard enough it will pop open, now if you don't mind I need the clue", Anissa says.

Gambi hands her the clue and she runs to join the others.

"Okay guys here's the fourth clue, It says that in order to find the clue we already know what to do, sit back where you first began, try not to break stuff, your not a rock band", Anissa says.

"Try not break stuff what do they mean by that", Dionte says.

"Remember where we sat down there was a lot of vases and stuff at our table what if we broke the vases inside the restaurant, maybe the clue is inside the vase", Brandon says.

"It says not to break them", Erica says.

"It says TRY, which mean we still can", Jennifer says.

The team runs through the restaurant breaking vases and glasses. They have just about all of the vases instead of the one at the main table. Brandon runs over and tries to grab it.

"Woah wait this came from our house", Jeff says grabbing the vase.

"Which is why we have to break it", Brandon says snatching the vase and throwing it. When it shatters it reveals the last clue.

Brandon picks it up and reads it.

"It says you found number 5, to escape look up high, it something really bright like it fell from the sky", Brandon says.

"So a star there's not stars in this building", Dionte says.

"Maybe we're overthinking it....Up really high, shining really bright.... okay I got it the chandelier", Anissa says oh yeah.

They look up and notice the envelope taped to the top of the chandelier.

"Uh dad since this is a facility can we knock the chandelier down to retrieve the note", Jenn says.

"I mean its a simulation but that doesn't mean it's not expensive, so I don't think it's a good...", Jeff starts.

Just then Khalil takes a chair and hits the chandelier, knocking it down.

"Sorry you guys were taking to long", Khalil says.

TC picks it up and realizes it's a code.

"I can solve this code", TC says.

"But you don't have your powers", Erica says.

"You don't need powers to crack a code", TC says.

He presses a few buttons and the bars on the windows come off and the door opens up.

They start cheering as Jeff comes over and congratulates them.

"Good job, you guys did good, and each person helped out which is truly amazing, so give yourselves a hand", Jeff says.

They start cheering. Gambi walks out carrying his iPad.

"Sorry to break up the celebration but there was a pod kid spotted near Freeland PD, this is Armani an Ice Manipulator", Gambi says.

"I wish I had my powers, I would light her up so fast", Dionte says.

"I'll take her she can't freeze Lightning it's too strong", Jeff's says.

"But dad what about if another pod kid with real powers come and no one can fight them hand to hand combat", Anissa says.

"Well then your gonna need to get Grace on the phone, she might be sick but we have no choice", Jeff says.

"Okay but if she can't come your gonna need to fall back", Anissa says walking towards the back to call Grace.

Jeff flies out! When he arrives Armani is nearing the building. She shoots a ice crystal towards him but he dodges it. He flies down and grabs her but her body is so cold that he has to let go. When he tries to disable her from a distance something pushes him aside. He looks back and nothing is there so he tries to disable Armani again but something pushes him again.

"Gambi what is that?", Jeff says.

"If I'm not mistaken from the heat sensor that's Trina and she can go invisible", Gambi says.

"Well how can I fight something invisible", Jeff says.

Just then Anissa walks back into the room.

"Grace is on her way to the scene", Anissa says.

"Ok good", Gambi says.

Jeff continues to try to disable Armani, but Trina keeps knocking him off of his feet. 10 minutes passed by and the same routine was still happening.

"Where is Grace", Jeff mumbles.

Just then Grace runs up and helps Jeff up.

"Thanks Grace", Jeff says.

"No problem", Grace starts, "Get out of the way" she says moving Jeff and close lining Trina.

"Woah how did you know she was coming", Jeff says.

"I can smell her thanks to my leopard senses but with me being sick it's hard to do, but her scent is strong enough to show me that she's trying to flee the scene, I'll go catch her, you good", Grace says.

"Oh yeah", Jeff says standing up.

Grace runs off as Jeff stands up and fires a lightning bolt at Armani knocking her out. He picks her up and takes her to Lynn's shop.

Later on that night Grace walks into her and Anissa's apartment.

"Where have you been", Anissa says.

"Following Trina to I guess where she lives but that cool air did no justice to my airways", Grace says.

"Well that's just Tobias's penthouse that shouldn't have taken you that long", Anissa says.

"Nah this is so far out of Freeland I had to turn around before I got lost", Grace says.

"Wow that's weird", Anissa says.

"So how was your day", Grace says.

"I would tell you but I'm so tired, can we just go to bed", Anissa says.

"Of course", Grace says.

They get up and walk up stairs.

"Shonda.....Lights Out!", Anissa yells.

The lights in the house turn off as they go to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 588 38
Anti-Hero; A protagonist that lacks the characteristics that would make them a hero, but also lack the characteristics that would make them a complet...
117K 3.3K 30
Emeline Rivera has done the same things since practically the moment she was born. Wake up, go to school, hang out with her friends, spend time with...
74 5 14
Claire Townsend never knew her real father, and her mom, Liz, was always focused on whatever man she was chasing that week. The closest thing Claire...
985 90 22
This book will follow Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) as he goes back to protecting Freeland against 2 New Drug Cartels ran by Meta Humans. While...