Black Lightning ~ A New Decade

By kamjaxson

This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (... More

Chapter 1: Old Faces
Chapter 2: Building A Team
Chapter 3: Team Lightning
Chapter 4: The Book of Love
Chapter 5: The Book of Jealousy
Chapter 6: The Book of Acceptance
Chapter 7: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 1
Chapter 8: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 2
Chapter 9: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 3
Chapter 10: The Book of Change
Chapter 12: The Book of Vengeance
Chapter 13: The Book of Strength
Chapter 14: Family Reunion
Chapter 15: Making Deals with the Devil
Chapter 16: Escorting A Frenemy
Chapter 17: Spilling Secrets
Chapter 18: Home Invasion
Chapter 19: Blue Eyed Freaks
Chapter 20: Chip Overload
Chapter 21: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 22: Death Do Us Part
Chapter 23: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 24: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 25: Finale ~ Part 3
PSA

Chapter 11: The Book of Ownership

170 12 1
By kamjaxson

I am so sorry for the long wait this has been a looooooong month for me but here's the 11th Chapter of Black Lightning ~ A New Decade.

Weeks had passed by and the team had finally become a real team, besides Khalil of course.
Dionte had moved in with Brandon, TC was still crashing with Gambi, & Erica was about to move in with the Pierces.

"Jenn get the door for Erica", Lynn says, "We have to make her feel at home".

Jenn walks over to help Erica bring in her stuff.

"Hey let me help you with that", Jenn says bringing a few bags in the house.

"Thanks, for someone who doesn't have a home I sure have a lot of luggage from the ASA", Erica says.

"Yeah that's because the ASA went to where you stayed a few years back and got all of your clothes and shoes", Lynn says.

"Few years as in....", Erica starts.

"When they first put you in a pod", Lynn says lowering her smile.

"But nonetheless this is celebratory day, so only happy faces", Erica says.

"Yeah and for starters let me show you your room, my dad is upstairs putting the finishing touches to it", Jenn says.

The girls run upstairs and into Anissa's Old Room. The room had changed from an All Purple room to a light blue room with a king size bed.

"Wow this is more than I could have asked for!", Erica says.

"Its well deserved!", Lynn says.

Erica walks to examine the bathroom and the closet. Jeff phone rings and he takes a step out of the room.

"I have to be honest I was nervous before I came here", Erica says.

"Why is that?", Lynn asks.

"I've never actually had any family and the one that I had before I was put in a pod, I don't even remember", Erica replies.

"Well we're your family now, so make yourself at home and I'll start helping you unpack", Jenn says.

Jeff walks back in the room interrupting their conversation.

"Your gonna have to put a hold on that Jenn, Khalil has been spotted sitting at the park, I'm gonna go try to talk to him and I need you on stand by just in case he won't listen to me", Jeff says.

"Okay then let's go", Jenn says walking out.

Jeff gives Lynn a kiss then walks out. Lynn begins helping Erica unpack.

Once Jeff and Jenn arrive at the park, Khalil is sitting on a bench staring off into space.

"Ok there he is I'm gonna go try to talk to him", Jeff says getting out.

He walks over to Khalil and sits beside him. They sit in silence for a minute before Jeff tries to speak.

"Mr. P I don't mean any harm but I don't wanna hear any apologies", Khalil says first.

"Well that's good because I didn't come to give you one", Jeff says looking over at Khalil.

"Well what did you come over here for?", Khalil ask.

"I came to tell you that there's no other place where you will feel appreciated or you won't be judged except if you come back to the team", Jeff says.

"The team doesn't need me", Khalil says.

"That's a lie and you know it", Jeff says.

"Even if the team did need me there's to many people that feel I shouldn't be on the team", Khalil says.

"That never stopped you before, why is it stopping you now", Jeff says.

"Mr. P I'm not getting back on the team so could you leave me alone please", Khalil says looking the other way.

Jeff gets up and gets back in the car. Jenn gets out and walks over to Khalil and doesn't sit down.

"What you still playing boyfriend to the boys on the team and want me to come back and witness it or what?", Khalil says never looking at Jenn.

"You know I'm not that type of person", Jenn says.

"Just leave me alone I'm not getting back on the team", Khalil replies trying to get up and walk away.

Jenn pushes him back down.

"No your gonna sit here and your gonna listen, Now I have told you numerous times that I'm not ready to get in a relationship with you, them, or anybody so don't let that fall out of your mouth again, and as far as you joining the team, so what Anissa fuss you out or you had a disagreement with the team, people forgive and forget and that exactly what we did, your the only one that can't fess up to what you did and apologize and get over it instead of acting like a crybaby, now if you were truly a team member you would come back to the team regardless of what anybody said or did", Jenn says walking off.

Khalil looks back at Jenn angrily then gets up and walks off.

"What did he say?", Jeff says.

"He didn't get a chance", Jenn says never looking at Jeff.

"Okay then, anyways we have to get to Gambi's crime alert", Jeff says driving off.

When they arrive everybody's there surrounding the table talking, Gambi & Lynn notices them walking in and comes over to talk.

"So how did it go", Lynn asks.

"I'm not sure he wants to join the team again", Jeff says.

"Did y'all try to get through to him?", Gambi ask.

"Well I did but he didn't want to talk....", Jeff starts.

"So I went over and said a few words", Jenn says.

"And what did he say to that?", Lynn ask.

"He never got the chance", Jenn says.

They exchange looks then gradually walk back to the table.

"Ok so this is Trevor and he's a body manipulator, meaning he can make his body as small as a cellphone and as big as a skyscraper, Dionte since you have the ability to freeze things you can freeze Trevor before he get a chance to grow big, he's at the old baseball field", Gambi says.

"Ok I'm on it", Dionté says running to get into his suit and running out.

Once he arrives Trevor is throwing billboards around and punching the windows out of the tall stadiums. Without hesitation Dionte begins freezing him to the point  where he can get him to Lynn's facility. He has frozen his lower body but as he moves towards the top half a woman runs out on the field and starts shooting at him. Dionte stops freezing Trevor and makes a forcefield of Ice to block the bullets.

"Guys this ice won't hold the bullets off for long and Trevor can break out any minute, I need back up", Dionte says into his earpiece.

"This is Kirsten she's basically a dead shot we need someone who can disable her without getting injured by a bullet", Gambi says.

"I'll go", Anissa says.

"Don't bother, LOOK", Gambi says pointing at the screen.

"Is that Khalil", Brandon says.

"Yep", TC says.

On the screen Khalil runs up behind Kirsten and snatches her gun from behind he throws it across the field and kicks Kirsten on the ground who swings a sword at him, Khalil catches it with his sword. She stands up and they start sword fighting. Just then Trevor breaks out of the ice and shrinks. He runs over and stands directly under Khalil and increases his size knocking Khalil off of his feet. Kirsten cuts Khalil on his arm then licks the blood off of the sword.

"There's something about licking the blood of my enemy off of the sword that does something to me", Kirsten says.

"Well my blood is poisoned and when you inject into your mouth, you take a nice little nap for 24hours, night night", Khalil says.

Kirsten falls out. Khalil picks her up, as Dionte runs over.

"Where's Trevor?", Khalil says.

"I don't know but let's get Kirsten to Lynn's Facility", Dionte says.

After dropping them off they both head back to the sanctum. When they walk in Anissa and Jennifer walk up to them.

"Good work out there guys, I'm glad your back Khalil", Jenn says.

"Hey Khalil can I talk to you real quick", Anissa says.

Jenn and Dionte walk to join the rest of the group.

"Hey I'm sorry for going off on you the other day and giving you the cold shoulder, I was just so ashamed of how everything went down that I tried my best to get you away from me, but I didn't realize how mean that was and how stupid I looked, so I apologize", Anissa says.

"Yeah and even if I was under someone else's control I have to take responsibility for my actions and make it back right", Khalil says.

"Just know next time I'm gonna hand you your own ass", Anissa says.

"You can try", Khalil says laughing.

"So we good?" Anissa asks.

"We're good", Khalil says.

The shake each other's hand then walks to join the rest of the group.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 77 20
Following the events in Book 1, the Outsiders try to navigate life, while protecting Freeland from a Anti-Government known as the Militia. All while...
985 90 22
This book will follow Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) as he goes back to protecting Freeland against 2 New Drug Cartels ran by Meta Humans. While...
29.7K 898 47
In which the nuclear physicist's daughter makes one right decision and is rewarded with a love story... STARTED 12/16/21 COMPLETED 12/29/22
76.1K 1.4K 45
❝ Maybe I'm a villian in your story, but I'm a hero in mine. ❞ Zoe Black finds out who The Flash is after something impossible had happened to her.