Black Lightning ~ A New Decade

By kamjaxson

This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (... More

Chapter 1: Old Faces
Chapter 2: Building A Team
Chapter 3: Team Lightning
Chapter 4: The Book of Love
Chapter 5: The Book of Jealousy
Chapter 6: The Book of Acceptance
Chapter 7: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 1
Chapter 8: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 2
Chapter 9: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 3
Chapter 11: The Book of Ownership
Chapter 12: The Book of Vengeance
Chapter 13: The Book of Strength
Chapter 14: Family Reunion
Chapter 15: Making Deals with the Devil
Chapter 16: Escorting A Frenemy
Chapter 17: Spilling Secrets
Chapter 18: Home Invasion
Chapter 19: Blue Eyed Freaks
Chapter 20: Chip Overload
Chapter 21: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 22: Death Do Us Part
Chapter 23: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 24: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 25: Finale ~ Part 3
PSA

Chapter 10: The Book of Change

197 10 3
By kamjaxson

A few weeks had passed by and everyone had been at home for a while, there was no crime so the team had yet to be reunited. Jenn & Lynn were standing in the kitchen talking. Jeff walks downstairs and walks into the kitchen.

"Morning", Lynn says.

"Morning", Jeff grunts.

"What's on your mind this morning", Lynn says.

"The Team, and how it's nothing like a team", Jeff says.

"Well you cant beat yourself up over this, I think the team just forgot the meaning of a team", Lynn replies.

"Nah they just need to stop hiding stuff from each other we're suppose to be like family yet we keep stuff a secret", Jenn says

"Y'all make a good point, emergency meeting at 2:00 pm", Jeff says getting up and walking out.

"Oh lord, what did we just do", Jenn says.

"I don't know but it might be for the good", Lynn says.

At 2 everyone had made their way back to the sanctum. It was quiet as everyone sat around the big long table. Jeff walks in and Jenn walks up to him.

"You get in touch with Khalil?", Jenn ask.

"No he has officially been wiped off of any grid on Freeland", Jeff says.

Jenn shakes her head then sits down with everyone else.

"So before I get yelled at for calling you all here, I need to get something off my chest", Jeff says.

Everyone looks up at Jeff.

"Can anyone tell me the definition of a team", Jeff ask.

The room falls silent.

"A team is a group of allies working together to achieve a common goal", Brandon replies.

"Good, and what is this teams goal", Jeff ask.

"To secure all pod kids and keep Freeland from anymore danger", Erica replies.

"Exactly, but have we completed our goal", Jeff says.

"No!", TC says.

"Which means the importance of our team is still needed, so we can't give up on the team like we've been giving up on each other", Jeff says.

"We can't make a team if no one wants to fight alongside the other person", Grace says.

"That's my next point we need to start off with a clean slate meaning owning up to all of your secrets and squashing any type of hostility you have for the next man", Jeff says.

"This sounds familiar", Anissa says.

"Yet you didn't do it, the first time around", Jeff says.

The team looks at each other then back at Jeff.

"Okay so I'll start", Jeff says, "My secret is that I put Jenn towards the back and I never make Anissa leader because I'm afraid if I put them in the face of danger something will happen to my girls", Jeff says.

"Aww dad you don't have  to worry about us we knew what we were getting into when we agreed on forming this team", Jenn says, "And since I'm still talking I will tell my secret, which is that I throw myself at danger because I want to prove that I can be a great leader".

"You are a great leader sweetie, you don't need us to tell you this", Lynn says.

"Thanks mom, now you should tell us your secret", Jenn says.

Lynn hesitates for a moment then speaks.

"I am no longer addicted to green light, I still use but only to enhance my brain performance, any drug contributing to addiction has been taken out, which means I can spend a lot more time at home with my family", Lynn says.

"That was so beautiful Ms. Pierce", Grace says, "Now my secret, as you all know thanks to Jenn I go out and I hunt innocent animals at night, I know it's wrong but I can't stop it, it's an shapeshift defect".

"And it's not your fault", Lynn says.

"Yeah I mean killing animals is bad, but your powers and your safety matters more", Erica says, "my secret is that I'm dating TC".

Everyone goes silent then they all burst out laughing.

"What's so funny I can't have a boyfriend?", Erica says.

"No, it's that we all knew you were dating that isn't a big secret", Dionté says

"Well that's all I have okay", Erica says.

"Moving on my secret is that I don't have a family, which is why I worked with Tobias, I needed someone who would have my back", Dionté says.

"We are your family", Brandon says, "and me, TC, & Erica don't have family either so it's cool to have some people around who took us in".

"And you guys are always welcome at our house anytime", Jeff says, "Now Brandon your secret".

"Okaaayy", Brandon says standing up, "I'm in love with Jennifer Pierce".

The room falls silent again.

"Yk what your not allowed at my house anymore", Jeff says laughing.

Everyone joins in laughing except Brandon and Jennifer who are staring at each other.

"Well I guess that leaves me", Anissa starts, "I ran Khalil away because I didn't want my family or anybody to know about me almost dying, but since the beans have been spilt I feel guilty for running him away because it was never a big deal and if I had just told everybody the truth we could have moved forward".

"You should be able to tell us anything sweetie, we're family", Lynn says.

"Does this mean we can be a team again", Jenn says.

Everyone nods and cheers in agreement but the celebration falls short when the crime alarm goes off. Everyone runs up to the screen.

On the screen a girl is flying through the city uprooting trees from the ground and blowing up cars.

"Noooo, we were having a sentimental moment", Grace says.

"Okay, this is Vanessa she's literally a Mind Blower who can blow up anything with her mind as long as she's in the air. We need someone who can fly up to her and disable her from a distance, I would say you Jeff but I don't think you would be able to fly in the air and shoot out enough power to disable her, which is why Jenn needs to do", Gambi says.

"You don't have to tell me twice", Jenn says running to the back to get her suit then running out the escape door.

Lightning flies through the air scanning the city for Vanessa. A loud boom happens a few blocks down and Lightning quickly flies over to investigate. She notices Vanessa flying in the air and flies over to talk to her.

"Hey Vanessa why are you doing this, I'm here to help you, I can take you to a place where you will be treated very nice", Lightning says moving closer toward the ground.

"You mean put back in a pod, don't think so!", Vanessa says before blowing up a car near Lightning.

Lightning flies up and away from the explosion.

"To hell with this", Lightning says firing a lightning bolt that wraps around Vanessa like a lasso. She pulls Vanessa towards her body and as soon as their bodies touch she falls unconscious.

Lightning flies down to the ground carrying Vanessa.

"Okay let's get you to my moms facility", Lightning says getting ready to leave when another pod kid walks up to Lightning and blows her away from Vanessa.

"Stay away from my sister", the girl says.

"Bitch you done lost your mind", Lightning says shooting a lightning bolt at the girl.

The girl dodges it and surround Lightning with a tornado like windstorm. Another girl walks up from a distance she wraps her arms around Lightning. Lightning tries to escape but she's unable to use her powers.

*Back at the Sanctum*

"Oh no this is Carmen and Diane, Carmen is an Air Manipulator she can change the speed and strength of all air around her, and Diane has super stretch she can stretch her body the length of 4 buses lined up. Jenn isn't able to use her powers because the wind around her can cancel out any form of lightning", Gambi says.

"Well let me go then I can slow the air speed and strength just enough for Jenn to disable her", Brandon says.

"And I can go and freeze Diane long enough to get her in a pod", Dionté says.

"Well what are you two waiting for go", Jeff says.

Brandon and Dionté put on their suits and run out the door. When they arrives Lightning is on one knee struggling to breathe.

"Lightning I'm about to slow down the intensity of the wind long enough for Dionté to freeze Diane and for you to get an opening to disable Carmen", Brandon yells.

Lightning nods. Brandons eyes turn white and the windstorm starts to disappear.

"Now!", Brandon yells.

Dionté freezes Diane. Lightning wiggles out from Dianes trap and fires at Carmen knocking her back a couple of blocks.

Brandon walks over and helps Lightning up.

"We need to round up the pod kids before they wake up", Lightning says.

"Don't bother with Carmen sources say she was picked up by 2 men in all black, you guys just get Vanessa & Diane to Lynn", Gambi says.

Lightning picks up Vanessa and flies off while Brandon and Dionté push a frozen Diane to Lynn's.

Once they drop them off Brandon gives Jenn a ride home.

"So Brandon what you said earlier was that true", Jenn ask.

"I mean I'm never one to lie", Brandon says.

"Oh well Brandon I'm just not ready for a relationship right now and I feel like I owe it to Khalil to tell him where my head is at before I start dating again", Jenn says.

"Which is understandable", Brandon says.

"Are you mad", Jenn asks.

"No, just disappointed", Brandon says pulling up to the Pierces house.

"I said not right now, I didn't say forever, but thanks for the ride", Jenn says giving Brandon a kiss on the cheek then running inside the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.3K 30
Emeline Rivera has done the same things since practically the moment she was born. Wake up, go to school, hang out with her friends, spend time with...
969 22 12
Circa 2019 before season 3 began. Freeland, Black Lightning and family deal with the aftermath of season 2. I wrote this script in 2019 to submit to...
1.4K 124 36
Part 11 of rewritten Second Chances. Jefferson Pierce thought that he was done being a superhero. Then he found himself being pulled back into the ga...
76.1K 1.4K 45
❝ Maybe I'm a villian in your story, but I'm a hero in mine. ❞ Zoe Black finds out who The Flash is after something impossible had happened to her.