Black Lightning ~ A New Decade

By kamjaxson

This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (... More

Chapter 1: Old Faces
Chapter 2: Building A Team
Chapter 3: Team Lightning
Chapter 4: The Book of Love
Chapter 5: The Book of Jealousy
Chapter 6: The Book of Acceptance
Chapter 8: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 2
Chapter 9: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 3
Chapter 10: The Book of Change
Chapter 11: The Book of Ownership
Chapter 12: The Book of Vengeance
Chapter 13: The Book of Strength
Chapter 14: Family Reunion
Chapter 15: Making Deals with the Devil
Chapter 16: Escorting A Frenemy
Chapter 17: Spilling Secrets
Chapter 18: Home Invasion
Chapter 19: Blue Eyed Freaks
Chapter 20: Chip Overload
Chapter 21: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 22: Death Do Us Part
Chapter 23: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 24: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 25: Finale ~ Part 3
PSA

Chapter 7: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 1

234 9 0
By kamjaxson

Sorry for the delay and since I haven't posted in a while here's a 3 part series for the fans.

It is Saturday morning and the team is sitting in Gambis Sanctum.

"Does anybody know why Gambi called us here today", Anissa says.

"I don't know but it's early and I never get up this early", Jenn replies.

"Then maybe it's time for you to change your sleeping schedule, young lady", Lynn says smiling.

"Why I get up late, and I feel relieved", Grace says.

"Well you roam through the city getting dinner during the night so you have an excuse", Brandon tells Grace.

"Well while sitting here listening to this computer, it's saying Gambi has something very important to tell us", TC says looking at the computer.

"The computers right TC", Gambi says walking in holding a box of doughnuts.

Everyone turns and rushes over to get a doughnut.

"Why do you have us here so early old man", Jeff ask.

"Well once everybody gets there doughnut, I'll explain", Gambi says.

"Can I get two", Erica says.

"You know you can eat a lot for you being so little", Khalil says.

"Well I mean her powers are to absorb energy and redirect it so it's actually not even going to her cause she'll redirect back out through you know where", Anissa.

"Well I mean I can do that", Khalil says.

"True but ....", Anissa starts.

"Umm I don't mean to interrupt but I do have something important to say", Gambi says cutting Anissa off.

"Ok on with it then", Jenn says.

"Thank you Jenn, I just intercepted a message from an Anonymous Group here in Freeland, and they are about to start going around house to house testing everyone parents and all for the meta gene, to find the pod kids, I sent them an anonymous tip letting them know I had a team that was taking care of that issue but they didn't accept it so for the next few days you all have to stay here in the sanctum since I'm a dead man my shop is off limits to all Freeland Groups, So go home get everything you need for a 4 Day stay and come back before 12 o'clock noon, Even you Lynn", Gambi says.

"Me why me?", Lynn ask.

"Because with you knowing the most about the pod kids and being the smartest women in Freeland they might want you to work with them", Gambi says

"Whoa old man let's talk about this", Jeff says.

"Yeah I mean we can handle ourselves Uncle Gambi", Anissa says.

"But you have to come into realization here guys, you can go trying to punch your way out of every situation, now lest be logical we don't know what these people have planned your best bet is to be somewhere together untouched", Gambi says.

"As much as I hate to admit it he's right", Lynn says.

"Thanks for the epiphany", Jeff says.

"So you want us to go home and come back to do what sleep on a floor or something, cause this body don't do good on the floor", Jenn says.

"You float in your sleep you'll be fine, but really Uncle Gambi where are we gonna sleep?", Anissa says.

"I'm glad you gals asked that", Gambi says walking over to a metal sliding door.

Gambi opens the door to reveal 2 Queen size beds and 6 twin beds lined up with a Tv and Mini Fridge beside each one.

"Wow this is better than what the ASA had us in", Jeff says.

"Oh I call the Queen size bed", Jenn says.

"Actually the Queen size beds are for our two Married Couples, Lynn & Jeff and Anissa & Grace", Gambi says.

"Aww no fair", Jenn says smiling.

"Ok now, go home and get prepared, but stay on high alert we never know when a pod kid will be spotted", Gambi says.

Everyone walks out of the bed area and leaves to go get the material for the next 4 Days.

Back at The Pierce Family home Jenn is upstairs packing when a loud knock comes from downstairs.  She walks out of her room and so does her parents.

"Who could that be", Jeff says.

"I don't know but let me go check just in case it's the anonymous group checking for the pod kids, you and Jennifer could be detained", Lynn says.

Lynn walks down stairs and walks to the door before looking back up at Jeff & Jenn. They move back a little. She opens the door to reveal 3 Men standing with guns.

"Umm yes how may I help you", Lynn says nervously.

"We're here to check for any runaway pod kids", The man in the middle says.

"Uh ok, there's no one else here but me, I can assure I'm not a kid", Lynn says chuckling.

"Umhm, well we still need to do a mandatory service check", The second man says.

"Um I was just leaving so can you come back another time", Lynn says grabbing her purse her ID falls out in front of the men. The man picks it up and examines it

"Oh so your Lynn Stewart Meta Scientist", The first man ask.

"Uhh yeah, why?", Lynn ask.

"That means you know how to stabilize the pod kids once we obtain them, why don't you come with us and we'll treat you very nicely", The man says.

"I'm sorry but I'll have to strongly decline", Lynn says.

"That was an order", The man says grabbing Lynn.

"Hey let me go", Lynn says trying to fight him off.

Upstairs Jenns eyes light up as she motions towards her mom. Jeff grabs her.

"You don't know what they have prepared for such powers, if you get caught that would be a major blow to our team", Jeff whispers.

Downstairs they finally get Lynn out and throw her into the back of a van. Jenn and Jeff run downstairs quickly.

"Mom", Jenn yells.

The Van pulls off as Jenn and Jeff exchange a look. The grab there things and go to Gambis, Once they arrive everyone is already back and with enough materials for an army.

"Team we have some news", Jeff says.

"Hey we were getting worried about you guys, where's Lynn", Gambi says looking around.

"That's what we need to talk to you about, Lynn has been captured by the anonymous group", Jeff says.

Everything falls silent.

"Wait you allowed that to happen?", Anissa ask.

"Yes, we don't know what they could have had to capture these meta we could have been captured and messed up the balance of our team", Jeff says.

"The team this mom we're talking about", Anissa says.

"Without the team we won't be able to get mom back", Jenn says.

"This is ridiculous", Anissa says walking to the back of the room.

"So what did they want with Lynn", Gambi says.

"She's the only one who knows how stabilize the pod kids", Jenn says.

"Well that makes sense, because as long as mom knows how stabilize metas, every government agency is gonna go after her". Anissa says.

"So we have to go get her back", Jeff says.

"Yeah and rescue the pod kids they probably captured them by now", Gambi says.

"So what are we waiting for let's suit up", Anissa says.

"That would be taking a lot of risk like your dad said we don't know what they have waiting for us, wait till tomorrow that way TC can hack there database see how many troops they have and where they are located", Gambi says.

"Well I won't be getting any sleep tonight, because if it was me, I would have saved mom, regardless of what may happen", Anissa says walking back towards the sleeping room.

Everyone stares then parts ways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 77 20
Following the events in Book 1, the Outsiders try to navigate life, while protecting Freeland from a Anti-Government known as the Militia. All while...
29.7K 898 47
In which the nuclear physicist's daughter makes one right decision and is rewarded with a love story... STARTED 12/16/21 COMPLETED 12/29/22
Army Girl By Mack

Fanfiction

112K 2.7K 18
When a young girl's parents neglect her so much she decides to take her life into her own hands. When Acadia Hunter is left basically alone she gets...
11.3K 106 18
After their last adventure, the Bad Guys are living the good life as Good Guys with Princess and being members of the Justice League. But when Anti-M...