The Runaway Princess [Link x...

By BoyohboyDX

[y/n] Hyrule, the second princess of hyrule, who has always been second right after her sister Zelda. She nev... More

[Prologue]
[Chapter I]
[Chapter II]
[Chapter III]
[Chapter IV]
[Chapter VI]
[Chapter VII]
[Chapter VIII]
[Chapter IX]
[Chapter X]
[Chapter XI]
[Chapter XII]
[Chapter XIII]
[Chapter XIV]
[Chapter XV]
[Chapter XVI]
[Chapter XVII]
[Chapter XVIII]

[Chapter V]

3.2K 63 14
By BoyohboyDX

You couldn't believe it, tomorrow was your birthday, you were turning 17 years of age. 5 years away from home, its unbelievable that you were able to hidden for so long. As news goes they were still looking for you. But you've grown over the past 5 years, you were almost an adult. How were they going to be able to recognize you when your nearly an adult. Peoples appearances change when the years go by and that includes you. You grew to around 5'7 to 5'8 inches, your curves becoming more defined with muscle, and your face having sharp features and not the chubby face you had back then. Lets not forget that your sword skills had improved remarkably. 

It turns out that Jarvis knew how to use a sword and he was incredible at it too! Jarvis would be traveling around Hyrule but when he visited you two would practice with your swords. He even taught you how to use a bow and was impressed by how fast you learned. After both of you made it to the hidden village you were introduced to everyone there. Having no where Jarvis let you stay with him at his grandmothers house. Her name was Impaz and she was just the sweetest little thing. She treated you like you were her own child. You were actually going to go visit her right now. She wanted you to come home so you could both celebrate your birthday. 

You were on your horse Garnet, His coat was chestnut and he had a red fire type mane. You met him when Jarvis came back with an extra horse. He was abandoned by his owner who couldn't afford to take care of him. Jarvis happened to spot him when he was on his way back, feeling remorse brought him along giving him to you. He honestly was a beautiful horse. 

He was walking slowly towards his way home with you on his back. There was no need to rush things, so you decided to take your time, you were coming from Kakariko Village after dropping off some meat in exchange for rupees. You decided to become a hunter preferably a bounty hunter be it animal or hylian. For hylians you only capture and turn them, you don't have the guts to kill one of your own kind. With animals you do feel bad but you do need the pay. You make a decent amount rupees for doing this job, and you actually enjoy it. Funny this is, your family set a reward of 20,000 rupees for whoever could bring you back.

As Garnet was taking you back hone your thoughts go towards your family. Specifically your mother and sister. You miss them dearly, you wondered how they've been doing, you hope they were alright. Your sad that you don't get to see them again, but you don't regret leaving.  This is the best thing you could've done for yourself. Being in that castle has been more than enough for you. 

You pushed yourself out of your thoughts when you realized that you were almost there. Making your way through the rocky terrain, going through the passage that led to the village you called home. You made it to Impaz house taking Garnets reigns and leading him to a stable near by. Before you left, you petted him before making your way inside the house.

"Hello, anyone home?" You called closing the door before making your way to the living room. Impaz was sitting in her rocking chair looking up from her book to look over at you. 

" Oh [f/n] your back already" Impaz said standing up with a big smile on her face. She walked up to you and gave you a hug. " I'm so glad your here, I've missed you so much." For quite the old women, she had some strength. " I missed you too Impaz" You say hugging her back. Both of you let go of each other once she starts speaking again. " Your journey must've been long, how about you go and rest while I go and make you something."

"No no no, you don't have to." You said while shaking your head, "But I insist, now why don't you go and rest up and I'll call you when your food is ready" She said pushing you towards your room. "But-" 

"No buts, I want you to relax as much as you can." Impaz said finally getting you into your room.  You let out a sigh once she closed leaving you to have your privacy. You decided to take a shower before anything else. Grabbing some comfortable clothing, you head towards your bathroom locking the bathroom door in the process. You set down your clean close on the counter before taking off your clothes that you use for adventuring. Stepping into the shower/bath you turn on the water that's connected to an outside bin filled with water. It's mid afternoon so the water should be fairly warm.

You let the water away the dirt that had stuck to you on your journey back home. You let out a sigh of content as the water made contact with your skin. You start rubbing your scalp getting the dirt out of your hair later putting shampoo on. Once done with your hair, you focus on your body scrubbing all the dirt that resist to leave your body. Once your done you stay there letting the water hit your body before shutting the water off and exiting the shower.

You put on your clothes before brushing your hair with the brush right next to the sink. Setting down the brush you pick up your dirty clothes, you unlock the bathroom dropping your clothes into a bin right next to the bathroom. 

Dropping onto your bed, you decided that you were going to rest before you were called for dinner. You relaxed on your mattress closing your eyes.

<------------------------------------------------------------------>

You woke up to knocking at your door. " [f/n] your food is ready" Impaz said at the other side of the door. " Yeah, just a minute." You propped up on your elbow looking outside your window to see what time it is. It was late afternoon, you slept more than you anticipated.

Getting up you stretched before heading out of your room to eat. You sat down at the table, as was Impaz setting some soup right in front of you. The soup was creamy and has chunks of beef and various vegetables. You needed a home cooked meal like this, you've been eating dry meat for a while now not having anytime to hunt and prepare a meal.

You thanked Impaz before you started eating the soup realizing how hungry you were. You left Kakariko early in the morning to make it back home without having to rush yourself, because of that, you didn't have time to eat anything.  You finished the soup in no time grabbing a second serving. Missing Impaz cooking, you scarfed down the bowl of soup

"Ha ha, you haven't changed a bit since you were a kid [f/n]" Impaz laughed while watching you eat at an incredible pace.

"Mhm" Was all you said focusing on the food at hand. "Hey slow down there or you'll choke" Impaz said looking at you with a smile. Her words fell to deaf ears. When it came to food, you were easy to tame. You finished your second serving in no time. You were about to get more but Impaz stopped you.

"Ah ah, Jarvis is coming home too, save some food for the boy for once". She said holding out her arm from where she was sitting to stop you. 

"B-but theirs plenty more." You said giving her the puppy eyes. "No means no" Impaz said avoiding the look you gave her. Pouting you headed to the sink to clean your bowl. Walking back to your room, you gave her an appreciated thank you before heading back to your room. Even though she didn't let you grab more, you still appreciate her for making the food for you.

Heading into your room, you decided that you were going to head outside to go and attend Garnet. Putting on your boots, you walk out of your room. You told Impaz that you were going attend Garnet while grabbing some carrots before heading out of the house. 

Walking outside you head straight towards the stable where Garnet was. Opening the stable door, you walked over to Garnet giving him a pet on the head making him snort in delight. "You hungry?" You asked petting him some more before giving him one of the carrots. Ever since you met him, you loved with all your heart. He was the one who's been with you in all your journey's exploring most of Hyrule together. He always listened to your complaints as well (as if he had a choice). He is your talking buddy.

After you were done petting him you gave him another carrot before grabbing a stool to sit next to the gate holding him in. Sitting down, you get comfortable before letting out a sigh. 

"So how was your rest of the day?" You asked turning your head towards him. Garnet let out a snort to answer your question. " Yeah... same" You said crossing your arms, and leaning your head on the wall behind you before closing your eyes. "Wow, are you really this lonely?" You opened one eye to look over where the voice came from.

"Oh, your back." You said closing your eye again. "Don't I get a welcome back for your favorite person in the world?"

"Shut up Jarvis." You said trying to have some peace and quiet with Garnet. "Ah don't be like that [f/n]. I know you miss me." Jarvis said walking into the stable to put his horse in one of the stalls.

"No, no I don't" you said with a hint of playfulness. You both liked messing with each other, it was sort of a sibling bond between you two. "That's not somethin' you say to someone who came all this way for your birthday" Jarvis said giving you a playful nudge to your shoulder from where you were sitting. "Mhm" Was what you said playfully ignore

"Eh don't be like that." Jarvis said ruffling your [h/c] hair which made you finally open your eyes. "Hey don't touch the hair" You said abruptly getting up making him jump back preparing to defend himself if you would try to hit him. You hated when people messed with your hair, and he knows this. You glared at him while fixing your hair. "Why did you do that?" You asked still glaring at him while crossing your arms once you finished patting down your hair.

" You were ignorin' me, that was the only way to get your attention." He said with a grin mimicking your stance. "And you wonder why I ignore you." You said walking out of the stable, not without giving the last of the carrots to both yours and Jarvis's horses.

" Is it because your overloaded with excitement of my return?" Jarvis said following you back to the house. " No, its because your a child in a grown mans body." You replied back opening the door into the house leaving Jarvis to close the door. " Na ah" Jarvis said crossing his arms pouting.

'See this is exactly what I'm talking about.' You thought to yourself. You swear if this is what you knew Jarvis was like the first time you saw him, you would've never accepted his offer to take you to this village. He was too much for you. That was exaggerated but still, hes just too much.

"Whatever you say" You said responding back to his childish behavior. Jarvis gave a little hmph before running off to find Impaz. You smiled watching him run off, he can be annoying sometimes, but you guess that's what you like about him.

You decided that you were going to retire for the night. You head inside your bedroom, you close your door before taking off your shoes and jumping into bed. Getting under the covers you close your eyes heading off into dreamland.

{------------------------------------------------------------------}

Ok, so I accidentally published this when I tried to save my progress, and I started panicking, it took me a minute to find the unpublish button.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1.4K 80
The Kingdom of Hyrule is a land where its history is stained in blood. A legend that has lasted throughout time and a world filled with Wisdom, Power...
2.3K 87 22
A reboot from @KuroNinetails. Its a different story from totk, like how was going to be in the original fanfic but it still roughly follows it. This...
99.6K 3K 38
COMPLETED- 2018 "Where did you come from?" Ilia asked and that's when everything stopped. Where did I come from? I tried to remember, I thought real...
2.7K 23 13
This is a story about a princess named Zelda and her envious stepmother, Queen Midna. One day, when her stepmother finds out through the Mirror of Tw...