Anaya: A Dark Voyage [#1 Ligh...

let_alpha_write által

Anaya awakes from a month in a coma to find herself in an empty room - an abandoned pig slaughterhouse. Fille... Több

A/N [This is the First Draft.]
Praise for Anaya: The Dark Voyage.
Reviews ⭐⭐⭐
Playlist 🎶
~ A fan cover! 🖤 Updated!
Promo Video | Must Watch 🥺
INTRODUCTION
Epigraph
Prologue - Run, Anaya, Run
Chapter 1 - Red-letter day
Chapter 2 - In Too Deep
Chapter 3 - Who's there?
Chapter 4 - Nineteen Ninety Six
Chapter 5 - At the Crossroads
Chapter 6 - On the Eighth Day
Chapter 7 - Time Does Not Heal All Wounds
Chapter 8 - The Black Tears of Kangara
Chapter 9 -Mwanaume's Shrine
Chapter 10 - When Doves Cry
Guess what? 🤓🖤
Chapter 11 - The LightBlood
Chapter 12 - Where's The Body?
Chapter 13 - Dembe
Chapter 14 - Koobi Fora
Chapter 15 - Let There Be Fire
Chapter 16 - False Awakenings
Chapter 17 - Life Along the Nile
Chapter 19 - The Guardian
Chapter 20 - The Date
Chapter 21 - Better The Devil You Know
Chapter 22 - Nia Afriyie
Chapter 23 - Unholy Faces
Chapter 24- Anaya [Part 1]
Chapter 24- Anaya [Part 2]
Chapter 25 - We All Might Be Dead Tomorrow
CHARACTERS
Acknowledgement
New Cover Reveal || Book 2 & Prequel Title Reveal
The Spin-off Contest [Closed]
The Shining White Sun [The LightBlood Series Spin-offs]
ONC 2021

Chapter 18 - The Power of Three

154 30 4
let_alpha_write által

***

"Billions have, by natural happenings, evolved to want to make others do what they want or what pleases them, regardless of whether or not it's in their own free will. That right there is called power — making things happen in all estimations. This is hardly a bad thing though, thanks to the fact that it has led to many lives changing for the best. Nonetheless, it has ruined many as well, having turned their minds toward imperialism — in the workplace homes etc.

The question is, how? It's simply the bearing of the unbridled desire to change, to influence, getting obsessed with always being revered and..." Kukua paused as if to allow time between the scenery shift for Nia Afriyie in the other world.

And when the shift finally happened, Nia Afriyie found herself at the shore of a sea. It was night but the sky was devoid of any stars. It was as if nature was in agreement with what was going to happen that night. The sea was silent and the only movement coming from it was the waves that crawled gently to the shore every now and then. They would roll in, each of them as silent and slow but without fear of the beach as they enveloped Nia Afriyie's legs.

Up ahead, a group of about ten people had gathered. They were old and naked. They chanted some spells Nia Afriyie couldn't quite make sense of. She moved away from the shore when she saw them and walked towards them.

"Power is not meant for everyone." Kukua's voice filled the air again. "This simple theory has been proven to be true countless times by the DarkBloods. They overused their Magick when they felt it made them powerful and caused destruction for generations but the LightBlood race couldn't just pretend they weren't disturbed by the acts by their own kind. Hence, the creation of the trinity of the chosen Light Bloods. The power of the chosen three..." She paused.

Nia Afriyie got closer to the group, ignoring the fact that she was staring right at the butts of some old people. When she got closer, she saw they had gathered around a circle. It was big and was drawn with black ash or sand of some sort. A five-pointed-star had been drawn within the circle with the same black substance and on each pointed tip of the star, a candle sat. Each candle was red in colour and was firmly set in a calabash. The candlelight was unmoving. It was motionless like the air around that setting had been sucked into a glass jar or something. Seeing that, it made sense to Nia Afriyie why the waves from the sea were non-violent. Through whatever means, the wind had been tamed for the ritual that was to happen.

"What you see is the counsel of LightBloods formed by the oldest living LightBloods of the nineteenth century. After several centuries of having to sit and watch the DarkBloods cause havoc, this counsel took it upon themselves to bring an end to the DarkBloods by creating a bond between three LightBloods whose Magick, when combined, were more powerful than the average LightBlood."

"Huh?" Nia Afriyie asked as confusion overtook her figure.

"Yes, that was necessary. The DarkBloods got more powerful with time thanks to their Dark Magick, the average LightBlood was no match to them.

But as the old saying goes, no good thing comes easily.

There were some hard choices to be made and that is what you are about to witness." Kukua's voice went faint.

From nowhere, three men appeared with three young girls, eighteen-year-olds maybe. Each one of these girls was dressed in a loose-fitting white attire with the triquetra symbol painted on their foreheads and their hairs were shaved off. The men walked them into the centre of the pentacle and prepared them to sit right there in the middle. Seconds after they were seated, three knives appeared from nowhere, hanging above the girls. The knives looked as if they were oblivious to gravity, suspending in the air with no care in the world.

"Wait. What are they going to do to them? Kukua? What are they going to do?" Nia Afriyie called out, her eyes widening at every utterance.

"I am so sorry you have to see this, Nia. But this is an ultimate sacrifice that will save humanity and our race."

"No, they can't do this, Kukua."

"There's nothing we can do now. This happened a long long time ago, remember? You are just reliving it. Just pretend it is not real. It will be over soon."

"But-"

But before Nia Afriyie could say another word, each of the three men pulled out a knife and directed it straight into the hearts of the young girls. The knife met with their flesh, soft and plump, and made an ominous squish as the tip of the blade sank deep but there was no scream or any sound from the girls. Nothing. Nia Afriyie closed her eyes, unable to watch.

The girls fell immediately to the sand like they had no sensory nerves to feel the pain of their hearts being ripped open. The blood from the hole on their chest flowed slowly, unperturbed, over the black substance the pentacle was made with. Nia Afriyie managed to open her eyes to watch the remaining part of the ritual without losing her consciousness. Not that she could be unconscious in her unconsciousness anyway. But she seemed to have forgotten that she was journeying through history with her spirit and not body.

After fully opening her eyes, Nia Afriyie marvelled at how apt the whole ritual process was as the blood had flowed only on the black substance used in drawing the pentacle without straying. Now all she saw was a pentacle covered in blood. The black was no more and it looked as if the circle and the five-pointed-star in it were drawn with blood instead. The very second the blood met, a heavy wind filled the atmosphere, blowing away the candlelight. The entire place fell into pitch darkness. The chants of the counsel got louder and louder until the candle lights ablazed.

Once the place lit up, Nia Afriyie saw the girls being helped to walk out of the circle by the men like nothing happened to them earlier. They were very much alive and with no sign of the knife wound on their chest. If it wasn't for the white dress they wore that was still stained with blood, Nia Afriyie could have sworn she dreamt everything or better, was hallucinating.

"Of course, they weren't going to kill them," Kukua interjected as she tried to hold back a laugh.

"Ha ha ha. Way to be funny. You got me."

"You bet I did. You should have seen your face. Anyway-"

"Wait," Nia Afriyie cut in. "Do my emotions and facial reactions from here show on my face out there?"

"Yes, it does. Now let's focus on the narrative here. See the triangular figure composed of three interlaced arcs on their foreheads? That's the triquetra.

It represents concepts such as the past, present, and future; body, mind, and soul; the three stages of life: life, death, and rebirth.

It is the symbol of unity of the three. And do remember it is the same symbol you drew a few hours ago today?"

Nia Afriyie nodded then she was finally hit by the revelation. It was like she had suddenly gotten what the point of everything was.

"So...that means I am..." She paused, finding it a little bit hard to take in the truth.

"Yes, you are. What you witnessed earlier was the night the spell was created to bind the Magick of three LightBloods from different families. These three were to be the chosen LightBloods whose Magick were great and stronger together or combined. Each would have a specific Magick they possess aside from the general Magick all LightBloods have. And also, when united, there is more Magick that can be created that no LightBlood can. Not even the fallen.

They are the first chosen LightBloods — the three chosen by the counsel to lead a number of LightBloods in battling the fallen LightBloods.

You are a descendant of these chosen three and you possess as much power as -"

Kukua's words were interrupted when she heard some low, groaning sounds. First, she thought it was the wind but a gentle, rapid shaking followed then a more vigorous shaking a few seconds after. But it didn't end there. The wind all of a sudden got violent. It blew with powerful passion causing the trees around her to crash into each other. Every fibre of her being demanded Kukua run but she was rooted to the spot. She couldn't leave Nia Afriyie in that unconscious state when it was obvious she was the one in danger and there was no way she could interrupt the Walkthrough. The effects would be gnarly if she did that. They were almost at the end anyway.

"Kukua? What is happening?" Nia Afriyie's voice echoed through the loud howling of the wind. It looked as if she could feel the turbulence from in there.

"They are coming, Nia," Kukua replied, her voice frail and hopeless.

***
Proofread and edited by RubaiaMQ
Thanks to D.M Prince Way for the help. Appreciated. 🤓🖤

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

313K 2.6K 6
Warning ⚠️ ‼️‼️‼️this is not a happy ending book, the male lead in this book is evil to the end. Explicit mature themes, kidnapping, manipulation, bo...
229 6 11
The city of Oakville continues with its peaceful living for as far as time could rear its head by.The historians find no trace of murders in the hist...
733 82 11
Get this, there is horror at every stage of our life. Twelve stories unrivaled, spine-chilling and scream worthy stories from the vault of darkness...