student council || chubby rea...

By hoblivious

The adventures of Y/n and Jungkook, members of the art club, who learn to become friends in a high school rul... More

Student Council
01 | the art club
02 | loner wolf
03 | the caring big brother
05 | budget raise
06 | the treasurer
07 | card games are fun
08 | the fat girl
09 | what happened to professor kim?
10 | dear friend
11 | solange wants to join the art club!
12 | the secretary
13 | group chat (kwon's mistake)
14 | double (and half) date (and Jimin's first Otome game!)
15 | role model
17 | haneul
18 | date afternoon
19 | study group
20 | family dinner
16 | the brothers' mother
21 | summer break
22 | gift hunting
23 | high schoolers x ARTS contest
24 | the awkward walk home
25 the occult club
26 | posing for jungkook
27 | who the f*ck are you
28 | birthday party
29 | breakup or make up?
30 | official contestant
31 | the vice-president pt.1
32 | the vice-president pt.2 / the talk
33 | silent life (memories)
34 | him again?
35 | pair work
36 | pair work at home
37 | jungkook and y/n
38 | january's bad news
39 | to grow up
40 | bad day
41 | five things I like about myself
42 | festivities
43 | goodbye maya
44 | preparing the haunted classroom
45 | bangtan high's spring festival
46 | finally
47 | the president's house party pt.1
48 | the president's house party pt.2
49 | go away
50 | changes
epilogue

04 | friends... not

1.1K 75 14
By hoblivious

J U N G K O O K

Apparently, Namjoon thought it would be cool to spend some time together in the student council's office, with five more people. It wasn't long before I realized he had set us up, wanting me to befriend his friends and stop isolating myself. Poor Y/n knew none of it, thus she felt in his trap and brought me along.

All of the members were there. I'd had met each of them in the past, mainly because Namjoon would invite them home. We didn't talk much, but I knew they were kind and supportive; always there for him.

"I have to take a nap, but it's nice to see you." Yoongi—the eldest—told me while sitting at his desk. "L/n Y/n." he bobbed his head as a greeting gesture

The said girl smiled before looking at me, obviously relieved. Soon, the boys introduced themselves to Y/n who wanted to know more about their position. I noticed how Namjoon was silently observing, not even bothering to make small talk. I guess he was satisfied enough by my sole presence.

"My job is to make sure that ALL the students submit to the rules! I take my position very seriously; I won't allow anyone to ruin Bangtan High's reputation."

Jimin's speech wasn't even surprising. He always seemed like the serious type; determinate and obedient. I guess that explained why he was the vice-president. He'd probably become my brother's successor. Despite that, he was kind and particularly caring when it came to me, considering I was his best friend's little brother.

Then we had Jung Hoseok, the polar opposite. Friendly, relaxed and warmhearted; he had the power to make anyone comfortable. It seemed to work on my classmate, seeing how she'd easily smile whenever he spoke to her. On the contrary, she couldn't even look at Jimin or Taehyung.

"Jungkook, look at me!" Taehyung pressed his hands on my shoulders. "I was born to seduce." The way he said that without blinking made the whole situation weird; but he didn't seem to care. "If a girl attra—"

"Or a boy." His friend interrupted him.

The guy in specs clicked his tongue, obviously disturbed by Yoongi's interruption. "Or a boy." he repeated "If a girl or a boy attracts you, I'm your man. They call me Love GuTae, as in guru and Taehyung!"

Y/n—who remained unusually quiet all along—bursted out laughing. It took her a few seconds to realize her action. She quickly stopped and cleared her throat.

"That's lame." she blurted out in the most natural way possible

This time, it was my turn to laugh. Thankfulky, Taehyung didn't seem to take it badly. On the contrary, he started his propaganda with her, leaving me alone in the process. I was too shy to talk about girls anyway; especially since those I tended to find beautiful scared the hell out of me.

While Y/n was teasing Taehyung, earning laughters from the satisfied spectators that were none other than Hoseok and Jimin; Namjoon finally dared open his mouth.

His calm voice caught everyone's attention, causing them to quiet down. "Now that you're accustomed to the council's members; I take it you'll visit us more."

Now, now; I knew he hadn't invite us out of kindness. The nice atmosphere suddenly turned cold, tense. The others were oblivious, but Namjoon and I stared at each other in complete silence. I wanted to scream and get the hell out of here; but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

As I feared, Y/n didn't hesitate to agree. "Of course!"

But I didn't want to. Therefore, I spoke my true feelings in spite of Y/n's enthusiasm. If she liked being here, she could come whenever she wanted to.

"I'd rather hang in the art club room. But this was nice." I forced a smile, purposely ignoring Y/n's surprised gaze.

Immediately, she answered back. "But we could do both! Plus, it's not like we were going to come every day."

The five people gaping at me caused me to panic, I couldn't bear it longer. I quickly stood on my feet, ready to leave. However, Y/n's chubby hand gripped my arm to prevent me from walking away.

"The least you can do is answer."

It was too much. If the thought of hurting her feelings bothered me at first, I couldn't care less anymore. The fact that all the people would try to change me was infuriating. And sadly, Y/n's words were the final straw.

"If you want to visit the council, then do it! We aren't friends. I don't owe you anything, so suit yourself and stop bothering me."

"Hey, don't be so ru—" Justice man Jimin intervened before being interrupted by Y/n herself.

"No." she spoke calmly "Have a nice evening, and sorry about that."

With no further ado, she picked her bag and left in complete silence.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

"What are you doing?" Y/n asked when she noticed me walking behind her. She fastened her pace.

I shrugged. "Walking you home."

She frowned and looked away. "There's no need to! I'm fine."

I couldn't help but sigh, unwilling to fight her. Nonetheless, it was impossible for me to leave her and go home knowing she felt bad because of me. That was precisely an example of why I refused to have friends.

"I don't want you to walk me home."

Oddly enough, her words were hurtful yet justified. She even could tell me to get lost; I wouldn't mind.

"You can swear at me!"

R E A D E R

Oh how I wanted to swear at him, but I wasn't that petty. Jungkook made it clear he wanted nothing to do with me; so I had to respect his will. Also, his outburst was pretty humiliating.

In order to get rid of him, I stopped walking and turned around to face my classmate. He seemed surprised at first, but he quickly regained his composure. I rolled my eyes when he smiled.

"You don't want to make friends, I get it. But you didn't have to lash out, especially when I did nothing to upset you."

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck, obviously uncomfortable. "You're right, I was harsh. I am sorry."

Arms crossed, I raised my eyebrows. "Thank you for apologizing. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to go home."

"Wait!" he grabbed my arm, the same way I did earlier today "I don't want to make friends because I'm scared to lose them."

I didn't expect him to suddenly open up, but it did caught my attention. Willing to hear more, I stayed.

"This is really not something I like to talk about, but know that it has nothing to do with you." he pursed his lips, actually thinking before talking for once "Therefore, you can't expect me to call you a friend. But I like having you around. We're in the same class, same club and well—we do have fun together."

My eyes were probably shining bright, I was a sensitive human being. Words like these were enough to make me cry, but Jungkook couldn't handle my tears so I had to contain them.

"If you want to hang with student council's members, I'd be happy to join. Sometimes. Like once a month."

I felt lighter and relieved. The pain caused by his words had slowly vanished, making it easier for me to actually smile and express my joy.

"Once a month is fine. We can start with that then go up to five or ten times." he spoke in a gentle tone

Jungkook chuckled, clearly as relieved as I was. "Don't push your luck Y/n."

"I would never!"

In the end, I forced Jungkook to go home since my house wasn't that far from school. He eventually gave in, waving me goodbye before walking away. It took me a few seconds to do so as I thought of how today went.

Jungkook sure had trust issues, but I refused to give up till the day he'd finally call me a friend.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 4.7K 20
"You know I don't care about age all I care about is you Kim y/n! I'm obsessed with you." Yoongi careful touch's y/n face. "Please give me a chance."
859K 45.5K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
5.2K 406 20
A wax figure hidden in your pantry room. comes to life overnight, forcing you on an adventure you'd have never dreamed with a wizard claiming to be f...
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...