π“π‘π¨π¬πž 𝐋𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐓𝐑�...

By lovetori_xo

Giwa Falade is the ruthless Queen Bee of Castron High. Known for her sassy, bold, no-nonsense attitude and aw... More

Author's note
Those Little Things
1Β°
2Β°
3Β°
4Β°
5Β°
6Β°
7Β°
8Β°
9Β°
10Β°
CASTΒ°
12Β°
13Β°
14Β°
15Β°
16Β°
17Β°
18Β°
19Β°
20Β°
21Β°
22Β°
23Β°
24Β°
25Β°
26Β°
27Β°
28Β°
29Β°
30Β°
31Β°
32Β°
33Β°
34Β°
35Β°
36Β°
37Β°
38
39Β°
40Β°
41Β°
42Β°
43Β°
44Β°
45Β°
46Β°
47Β°
48Β°
49Β°
50Β°
51Β°
52Β°
53Β°
54Β°
55Β°
56Β°
57Β°
58Β°
A few things I want to say❀️
59Β°
60Β°
61Β°
62Β°
63Β°
64Β°
65Β°
66Β°
67Β°
68Β°
69Β°
70Β°
71Β°
72Β°
73Β°
Pre-update❀️
74Β°
75Β°
76Β°
77Β°
78Β°
DO NOT IGNORE πŸ™
79Β°
80Β°
ONE WORLD SERIES
81Β°
82Β°
83Β°
84Β°
85AΒ°
85BΒ°
85CΒ°
86Β°{FINAL CHAPTER}
THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED OUT IN TLT
Q and A
NOTICE❗❗

11Β°

4.5K 1.1K 297
By lovetori_xo

So guys we hit 1k reads yesterday and I've been screaming for joy since then 🤧 Started this book on the 26th of May and on the 5th of June, it's at 1000 reads!! I don't know what to say honestly 🤧❤️ It's really encouraging.

So, before I start, I'll give another shout out to bedwalk again cuz yeah she's amazing af🤧❤️ Y'all should check out her book, "More than just us". It's too dope🔥

Then, you guys, make sure to also check out atopamopatop1 and read her book "Tales of the Nigerian girl". Let's try and get her to a hundred reads today guyssssss!!!

Okay we shall begin..

~GIWA~

Ivandor texted me this morning and I'm very confused.

Why did he text me?

Does he think we're friends? We've done well to act like we don't exist to each other the entire week, so I don't understand the basis of this text message I'm staring at, in my phone right now.

"Are you sure it's really him?!" I nearly flew into the air having a heart attack as Hassana's high pitched voice literally screamed into my damn ears.

The girl was hysteric. Widened eyes peered into kine in absolute shock.

It was a normal Saturday morning and she was over at my place, sitting on the big fluffy bed, in my spacious room with me. She just so happened to witness it as well.

We usually had our girls night every Friday night at my house and since Shade wasn't around for it, only Hassana and Prissy were available. Prissy had to leave early in the morning, and Hassana was too lazy to.

"But I thought Ivandor wasn't active on Whatsapp. He never replies my messages." She said.

Confusion was all over Hassana even if her voice was much less of a scream now.

"I'm not understanding it too." I genuinely told her.

She grabbed my phone from my hands and laid down on my bed, pressing the phone close to her face, nearly squishing it against her nose as she examined it properly.

"This is his DP." She declared. "THIS IS HIS DP!" She screamed now, "JESUS, JESUS, IT'S HIS DP! I TEXTED HIM LAST NIGHT AND.." she paused, stopped screaming, picked her pink pouched iPhone up from my bed where she had tossed it on earlier, and tapped on it like someone having a sugar rush and anxiety attack all in one.

She deflated almost instantly. "He still hasn't texted back since last night.. " Her tone dropped for a moment. "...but he texted you this morning?"

She sat up from my bed once again, with so much hyper activity and ginger, suddenly in her bones and looked at me in some sort of alarm.

"Maybe it was a mistake. What if he changed his number?? Should we call the number!?" She said.

Hassana, why so serious?

"SHOULD WE CALL THE NUMBER!?" She started screaming. "SHOULD WE CALL IT, GIWA!?"

"Can you stop?" I shut her up, "We're not calling him, Hassana." I dismissed that topic. ".. And can you please put yourself together. He's not a celebrity."

She actually mellowed, her demeanor relaxed... But her tensed shoulders made me know she wasn't completely calm yet.

"Yes I know but.. Ivandor doesn't just text people out of the blue.." Her tone was calmer.

"Well, it's sad I'm the one he decided to suddenly text out of the blue." I said as I opened my WhatsApp app on my phone to get to his text again.

"Are you texting back!?" She screamed excitedly.

I looked at her, clearly irritated, and she mellowed once again.

"No" I said. "I'm blocking him"

Her mouth dropped in shock and I went ahead to hit the 'block' button.

"But Giwa why.." Hassana said in a low sad tone, like she was afraid I'd smack her if she squealed again.

"Because Ivandor is a jerk" I said. "I don't know why girls these days are attracted to the guys treat them like shit"

I rolled my eyes as I tried my best to not remember what he did that Monday. How he saw himself so high. It's a shame girls even make fools out of themselves for guys that would treat them that way. I, for one, have never been more irritated by Ivandor since that very Monday.

"He's not that bad." Hassana muttered.

"Yeah of course. And maybe one day he'll reply all your endless texts, right?" I said, my sarcasm sounding a lot meaner than I intended it to.

"Sometimes you talk about this guy like he is God. Have some dignity and stop kissing your ass to him when he clearly doesn't give a shit about you." I said.

Hassana just stayed quiet. I could easily tell she was a bit sad because of the way I said it. But it had to be said. Tough love is required in some situations.

"Look b.. I'm not trying to make you feel sad or anything. I'm just saying Ivandor isn't worth it. You deserve better than some guy who stalls your texts like he's some A-list Celeb" I said to Hassana.

"I mean, even Shade doesn't dodge people's texts," I added, my forehead wrinkling as I deadpanned.

A corner of her lips sort of lifted for a second and dropped in what looked like a small quick, yet slightly painful smile. But before we had the chance to say more, my little sister, Nini, trooped into our room.

"Hassana!!" She said, smiling with all her teeth.

Notice how Nini acknowledged Hassana's presence before mine. Well, I didn't mind. Hassana and Nini really bonded. Infact out of all my friends, I think Nini liked Hassana the most. In all honesty, she may even like Hassana more than me.

"Nini!!" Hassana squealed back, and Nini rushed to Hassana and threw her tiny arms around her. I just sort of laughed.

"Hassana keep stealing all my family members oo" I joked. Both she and Nini laughed at my remark. Not only did Nini like her so much, the whole family did apparently.

"Daddy's coming home this morning. Mummy told the maids to rest so she could set the table for breakfast herself. You have to see!" Nini told me.

"Well that's a new one." I laughed.

I couldn't blame her though. Dad had been in Abuja on a business trip, for nearly six months. Everyone had missed him so much. It did call for a special breakfast.

"Oh I'm so happy I'm around for breakfast then" Hassana jumped excitedly. I just playfully rolled my eyes and started leaving my room with Hassana and Nini.

As soon as we got out of the room, we started making our way through the long L-shaped staircase that led downstairs. Not much long after, we were in our accent decor living room and I noticed the big screen TV was already on, and Henry Danger was showing. I figured Nini was probably watching Nickelodeon before she decided to come and tell us about mum's special breakfast.

And talking about Mum's special breakfast..

The air was filled with an aroma that instantly got me hungry. Mum was at the dining table, finishing up with the setting of the table for the breakfast surprise. And indeed, Nini didn't overexaggerate things. The table looked splendid. In the middle, I saw two plates stacked up with pancakes and melted chocolate drooping all over it. By it's side, two glass jugs were positioned - one filled with pineapple juice, and the other filled with watermelon juice. Right there still, I could see another big bowl on the table. I couldn't see what was in it but through the aroma of the living room, I guessed mum filled it up with fried puff puff and some akara balls. And then the flat plate by it was filled up with french toast with melted butter on it.

Woah, we have a lot to look forward to this morning. And Mum at the moment, was putting up the cups and plates by every side of the table, and she just looked up at us that moment, and a smile plastered on her dark, pretty face as her eyes lit up and glowed. Mum was in her thirties, and she was really pretty to say. She was an amazing cook as well. Pretty obvious, seeing what the dining table looked like.

"I see you girls are already up," Mum said, smiling at us from the dining table.

"And Breakfast looks lovely, Mum," I said to her and she blushed at my compliment, waving me off with a flattered "oh stop".

"Really Mum!" Hassana said immediately. "Can I help you with that??" She called out again, rushing towards my mum without even receiving an answer yet, to lend her a helping hand on the dining table. Hassana called my mother "Mum".

My mum smiled at her sweetness. The kind of smile you give when someone melts your heart with acts of kindness.

"You're such a sweet girl, Hassana," Mum said to her. "Unfortunately, I'm almost done setting up all the cutleries. Thankyou my dear." She hugs Hassana slightly with her last statement, and Hassana blushed, giggled, and rested her head on my mum's shoulders like a child.

"What time is dad coming back?" Hassana asked in a fake whiney voice as soon as they pulled out of the hug at the same time. She was talking about my dad. My mum laughed at her tone - her entire playfulness.

"Oh he just called, he's in Iwa Park at the moment so he should be back in the next fifteen minutes, okay?" She said. Hassana nodded excitedly, cheering and doing a small happy dance.

"What about your aunt Diana? I haven't heard from her in a while," Mum asked Hassana.

"She's very fine." Hassana answered with a simple smile.

"Glad to hear that. Send my regards to her when you can," Mum said, and Hassana nodded again, like an over active child being given instructions.

"It's like you girls aren't hungry sha," Mum called out to me and Nini, "I'm doing this for your dad anyways, if you like, stand there and admire the table for all I care," She couldn't even say that without laughing.

Nini did an over-exxagerated gasp of mock hurt. And I only shook my head, as we both walked to the table.

"Mum, when is Lola coming back? I miss her already," Nini asked, as soon as we had settled on the table.

"Lola doesn't want to come back oo," I told them. "The way Uni life is doing her, it's like she'll soon trade us for it."

They all laughed. Lola - Lolade Falade - is my immediate older sister. And since she crossed the gates of Unilag, we were history to her.

"Your sister will be back in November," Mum told Nini. "Be patient okay?"

"I have a lot to talk about with Lola!!" Hassana squealed in excitement, clapped and jumped.

Lola and Hassana were so alike in charcter. They gushed about boys, always had updates on anything fashion, jumped and squealed when they got excited and were just too damn social. That was why they really clicked well.

"Hassana," Nini called, playing with her legs under the table and moving them around, nervously.

Hassana looked at Nini with wide eyes and went, "hmm?"

Nini smiled a smile I was well familiar with - the one she smiled when she was about to say something very insignificant that she knew would irritate me. Maybe that's why she called Hassana and not me after all.

"Is Senior Ivandor in your class?" She asked Hassana.

As if I knew.

Hassana's eyes lit up immediately at the mention of his name, and she smiled widely, nodded excitedly. "Yes, yes, he is! How do you know him??"

"Everybody knows him!" Nini gushed. "Every girl in my class has been talking about him ever since Monday when he came to our block!"

She's probably talking about the time the Prefects addressed the Jss1s' on rules and regulations earlier this week.

"Oh he addressed your class on Monday?" Hassana asked Nini.

"No," Nini shook her head. "Senior Casper and Senior Ziba did," She giggled a little and added, "They're really funny. They just barged into the class looking all angry and mean and told us all to kneel down. When we were about to, they started laughing and saying it was a joke, that they were just messing with us. And then they started telling jokes and making everyone in class laugh,"

Everyone on the table laughed, including my mum. Casper Bassey and Hephziba Gagare just had to be so extra sometimes. Perfect choices for Social Prefects.

"But Senior Ivandor came to see his sister during break. She's in my class." Nini said.

Ivandor has a sister? Really?

Was that maybe why he entered the class that day when Yure and I were addressing those juniors. Was he maybe just looking for his sister?

"He has a sister?" Hassana even said.

I'm shocked too. One week passed and nobody even knew. That boy sure does live a secret life.

"Yes and she's so fine. If you see her hairrr!" Nini whined.

Oh my God! My sister was becoming a typical CH girl! Gushing about irrelevant things, Hyperactivity, Castron High was rubbing off on her. Help!

"But why is Senior Ivandor fine like that? He's sooooo fine like one million people!" Nini asked on.

Too late. We've lost her.

And Hassana was giving her back more energy. Both of them were gushing about Ivandor and having my mum's head turn occasionally. They're lucky my mum was cool. A normal nigerian parent would have slapped the excitement out of Hassana and Nini.

"Where is he from?" Nini blinked, asking Hassana with wide eyes.

"France and South Africa, So I heard. My dear, we've been on Ivandor's case since the beginning of time. The guy is just too fine," Hassana replied.

They'd lost me at that point. I wasn't going to involve myself in any silly conversation about Ivandor Fejaun. I wish people came to their senses and stopped over hyping him. It was seriously getting irritating.

Although, I still couldn't help but wonder why on Earth he would text me. Even after everything that happened that Monday. And as Hassana and Nini got lost in their small talk, I picked up my phone to go through the message again - the message Ivandor had sent me early this morning.

"Hey there. Hope you good.."

That was literally it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Why would he care to know how I'm doing? What's it to him? We don't even talk.

Most alarming question yet ; how did he even get my number?

"DADDY!!" I heard Nini squeal so loud that my eardrums nearly blew up. Hassana literally screamed after, like a celebrity just walked in.

I turned to the exit door of the living room to see my plump father walking in, wearing an agbada, and laughing at the girls' reaction. The maids in uniforms, who were most likely outside waiting for him, were speedily carrying up all his luggages upstairs, to the master's bedroom.

Nini and I literally jumped up from the table to go and squeeze him in a tight hug. God! I missed him.

"How are my angels?" His deep voice bellowed above us as we hugged him.

"We missed you, dad," I said.

"So much," Nini followed up.

"Missed you too, my angels," he replied, as he held us to him.

"Welcome back, my love" I heard my mum say behind us to my dad, and Hassana just stood behind her smiling, beaming with joy.

We let go of him for mum. And soon, he and Mum looked like they were having their own moment in each other's arms. I could tell it was uncomfortable for Nini because she just covered her eyes with her palms and snuggled on my body to shield her eyes even more.

"Good afternoon dad," Hassana's voice came in softly, surprisingly, right after our parents were finally done. She was smiling brightly, but at the same time, looking like she was keeping her reactions in check.

"Hassana. How are you??" He called out to her, acknowledging her finally, and Hassana quickly rushed to him and throw in a side hug.

"Hope everything is good with you and your aunt?" Dad inquired.

"Everything is fine, Dad," She answered.

"Good to hear that. I'm happy," He said, before noticing the dining table and smiling in satisfaction.

"And I can see the dining is looking very good. I'm so grateful for that. I was starving!" He took in the sweet aroma of the food in the air.

"Courtesy of Mummy," Nini remarked, doing a small bow.

"Who else would make breakfast so beautiful?" He remarked, looking at my mum and smiling proudly. My mum blushed once again.

"Oya, daddy, come let's go and eat," Nini said, cutting their moment and chunking her hand under his and moving with him, towards the dining table. All of us started making our way to the dining table as well, looking forward to our sumptuous breakfast... As family.

Okay this chapter made me hungry 🤧🤧
Don't forget to leave a vote you guys!!
Once again, thanks for 1000 reads!!❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 4.3K 67
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
42.2K 12.6K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
34.2K 7.4K 60
"Jace stop"I murmured in between his lips. "Michelle,It has always been you"Jace whispered. "Please stop,love isn't real in your world so why now...