π»π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁

By juliana_Rafik

Avery williams is an adorable and innocent four-year old girl. She used to be a very active kid but after wha... More

Author's note
synopsis
characters
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
thank you
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
Sorry
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
Epilogue
Thank you
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter 2
Detective readers!
Author's note

chapter two

28.4K 704 103
By juliana_Rafik

Darius POV

I got out of the office and waited for Avery to come downstairs.

Few moments later, I saw her walking downstairs holding a girl's hand tightly, the girl looked like she was 15 or 16 years old.

"Good morning, sir. I am Amelia, Avery's friend." The girl, Amelia introduced herself.

"Good morning. I am Darius king." I said, noticing that as time passed Avery's small hand keeps tightening around Amelia's.

"I know that you adopted Ave, but I just have a request." She said afraid for some reason, maybe of me refusing it or something.

"Of course, what is it?" I asked trying to make her at ease.

"I just would like if you would allow me and Avery to meet or just talk to each other on the phone, I am just gonna miss her so much, she is like my little sister, and not seeing her again or talking to her again feels like a nightmare. So would you?" She ranted, I think because of nervousness.

I looked at Avery, to see her looking at me with hope in her eyes.

"Of course, don't worry about that and you can talk to each other whenever you like. And when I have free time I can take you so you can meet Avery." I told her trying to reassure her.

"Here, that's my card, it has my personal and business number, you can call me whenever you want to talk to Avery" I said handing her my card.

"Thank you so much, sir!" She exclaimed in appreciation.

Amelia left Avery's hand as she kneeled to be at Avery's height, she then put the backpack on the ground and looked in Avery's eyes.

"Look, Ave! He is so nice. Didn't you tell me before that you would like the one who adopts you to be nice? Well, he is.
And you are gonna have a new home and we can still see each other and talk to each other. Isn't that nice?" She asked Avery in a sweet voice trying to cheer her up.

"It is nice, but you are not gonna be there." She told her pouting with a watery eyes.

"Whenever you feel like you want to talk to me, you can ask him and he will let us talk to each other. And he is not going to hurt you so don't worry. And remember that I love you so much, Ave."

As soon as she said those words Avery wrapped her hands around Amelia's neck so tightly.

"I love you too so much, Lia." Avery said sniffling and then she unwrapped her hands from around Amelia's neck and looked at me then back to Amelia who was still crouching in front of Avery

Amelia then stood up and gave me Avery's pack back.

"Is that all?" I asked her confused.

"Yeah."

I crouched to be at Avery's level.

"You can trust me, I pinky promise that I will never hurt you." I raised my pinky for her to link her own with mine.

She looked at me for a second then looked at Amelia who smiled and nodded her head.

She then slowly linked her pinky with mine looking into my eyes, and I smiled. I was so happy.

I stood up and reached my hand out for her to take.

She took my hand after a few moments of looking at it, but then left it again and hugged Amelia's leg again.

"Bye bye, Lia." She then waved at Amelia. And waited until Amelia smiled and raised her hands to wave at Avery.

"Bye, Ave, my baby." She said to Avery her eyes filling with tears but she held them in.

Avery then took my hands again and looked at me. I smiled at her, and she smiled a small smile back but nevertheless I was happy.

"I promise." I said looking at Amelia and I knew she knew what I meant.

When I got out of the adoption center with Avery still holding my hands, Mrs.Summers came after me and stood in front of me.

"You are gonna regret adopting her and then you are gonna return her, but don't say I didn't warn you!" She yelled looking at me.

I felt Avery's hand tighten around my own and when I looked at her I saw her looking at Mrs.Summers with fear in her eyes.

But when I saw Mrs.Summers glaring at Avery I was so mad, but I also didn't want to terrify Avery.

"Don't look at her like that ever again, do you hear me?" I asked her calmly with a deadly look in my eyes. To remind her what I was capable of.

She looked fearful and left as fast as possible.

I took Avery to the car and opened the door behind the driver's seat and carried her to help her sit in the car seat that I bought for her the day before.

"We are gonna go shopping for clothes, toys and whatever you want, okay?" I asked her.

"Really?" She asked surprised but quietly.

"Yeah and we are also gonna meet my friend there, he is really nice and so excited to see you." I told her .

"Is he gonna hurt me?" She asked making my heart break.

"No, baby. Whenever you are with me no one could do anything to you, okay?"

"Okay." She said smiling.

I put her back pack beside her and closed the door of the back seat, got in the driver's seat and started the car and then drove to the mall.

Few minutes later

We finally got to the mall and parked the car in the parking lot.

I looked in the rearview mirror to see Avery looking at the mall in awe.

"Have you been to a mall before?" I asked her and she just shook her head still looking at the mall.

I got out of the car and opened her door. I undid her seat belt. I put my arms under her arms to carry her out of the car and put her on the ground as I locked the door.

I took her hand in mine to make sure that she doesn't get lost in the crowd.

I called Leonard to see where he was at.

"I am stuck in the stupid traffic, I think I will be there in an hour." And with that he hung up on me.

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. I crouched down to not look so Intimidating.

She tightened her hands around mine and when I looked at her face I saw her staring at the big crowd of people with terrified eyes.

"Hey! Hey! No one will ever hurt you when I am with you." I told her softly trying to make her remove her eyes from the crowd and to look at me.

She finally looked at me with her doe eyes tearing up.

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise. How about I carry you so you can feel a little safer?"

She looked hesitant at first but at last she agreed.

I carried her, at first she was stiff, but then she bagan to relax.

I entered the mall and got in the first store that I saw for kids.

"You can get whatever you would like." I told her nicely."you can walk by yourself if you would like, there isn't alot of people here." I told her when I saw that there wasn't anyone expect for a pregnant woman.

She shook her head and looked around at the different clothes.

She pointed at a pink shirt that has a unicorn on it,"can I have that?" She asked shyly.

"Of course, Ave." I held the shirt."come on, choose something else."

She looked uncertain, "are you sure, I can get something else?"

"Baby, you can get whatever you want, you can get more than one shirt."

She smiled, and with that we got a few more things, yes, she was very hesitant everytime I told her to choose another thing.

We got in a toy store and I put her down so she can choose. But as soon as I put her down she started to shake and her eyes started to water.

I bent down to be her height. "Don't be afraid, I just put you down so you could choose, I can carry you again if you want."

She looked at me,"can I hold your hand?" She asked quietly and shyly.

"Of course, baby."

We walked while she held my hand tightly and hesitantly chose the toys that she liked.

We got into a few more stores, she got new shirts, shorts, jeans,dresses, toys and hair ties and all the toiletries she may need.

We were making our way to the food court with her still holding my hand tightly, when my phone rang it was Leonard.

"Where are you? I am here." Leopard informed me.

"We are at the food court." With that we hung up.

"Baby, the food court is crowded so I am going to carry you, okay?"

She nodded her head and raised her hands towards me to carry her. she was so tired after shopping for so long.

I carried her in my arms in a secure hold and she wrapped her hands around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Don't sleep, Ave. So you could eat."

"Okay." She muttered.

I walked over to Mac and waited in a line as it was crowded.

"What would you like to eat, baby?" I asked her in a quiet voice so I wouldn't startle her.

"Anything." She mumbled shrugging.

I sighed and it was finally my turn.

"I would like chicken burger with big coke and big fries, make that two. And I would also like nuggets." I told the girl behind the cashier my order.

"Is that all, sir.?" She asked.

"Yes."

"That would be 16.5 dollars." She informed me.

"Keep the change." I said giving her 20 dollars.

As I was waiting for the order, Leonard told me that he was waiting for us at a table at the right side of the food court.

Finally, it was done before Avery could sleep because I wouldn't have the heart to wake her up.

I was trying to find where was Leonard sitting. And I saw him after about two minutes of searching.

"Avery, baby, you are going to meet my friend Leonard. But I promise you, he is super nice." I told her quietly and I felt her nod her head.

I walked over to the table and put the tray on it.

"Hey, little girl. What's your name?" Leonard asked her kind of loudly as soon as he saw us, I think she got scared as she tightened her hand around my neck and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

I sat across from Leonard with Avery in my lap as she got me in a death grip.

He frowned when she didn't answer him. I know it's my fault I should have told him that she doesn't like loud voices, as she gets scared easily.

"Baby I promise he is nice, you don't have to let go of me but how about you tell him your name?"

She raised her head from my shoulder and looked at him cautiously. Then looked at me. I nodded my head encouraging her to tell him her name.

She looked at him again and said softly,"Avery."

He smiled,"you have a pretty name, my name is Leonard."

I saw him 'aww' quietly when she blushed at the compliment and hid her face in my chest.

°°°°°°°°°°
As I ate, I fed her her nuggets and talked with Leonard about the company.

He wanted to know why Avery was so shy but I told him that I would tell him tomorrow when he comes to my house.

Avery only ate four nuggets and told me that she was full, I didn't want to pressure her so I let her.

As we finished eating, Avery was starting to doze off. So I stood up with her in my arms as she rested her head on shoulder and rocked her to sleep as Leonard put threw what was left in the tray.

He came and we made our way to the parking lot.

"We will talk tomorrow about Avery." Leonard told me seriously.

"Yeah, there is a lot to talk about." I sighed

I opened the car's back door to put her in the car seat but as I unwrapped my arms from around her she whined.

"Shh, baby girl. Everything is alright. Sleep tight, baby."

And got in the driver's seat, and drove home.

Once, we got home I carried her to her room and changed her into pj's and put her in bed in the room that I designed for her.

I kissed her forehead,"I know,I haven't known you for long, but I already love you so much."

And with that I went to my room, changes to some pj's and got into bed , I stayed awake for a few minutes until I fell asleep.

~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...