π»π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁

Da juliana_Rafik

Avery williams is an adorable and innocent four-year old girl. She used to be a very active kid but after wha... Altro

Author's note
synopsis
characters
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
thank you
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
Sorry
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
Epilogue
Thank you
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter 2
Detective readers!
Author's note

chapter one

33.5K 777 459
Da juliana_Rafik

(That's Avery's outfit)

So...I was wondering, how did you find this book?

Darius POV

I feel so lonely.

I am depressed.

I think that since I left my whole world behind, my life came crumbling in front of my eyes.

After I left my parents and her, I felt like crap. I don't sleep well, I don't eat much, I just go to the company or go to the gym and work my misery out.

I was fooled to think that someone could love me, even after all the good things that I did for them. I don't find meaning in any of the things that I do in my life.

I feel like I act like a robot.

I feel so lonely.

Not alone.

I don't think that I'd be able to get into a relationship after everything that happened.

I just want a kid, I've always wanted to have a little girl.

I think if I adopted a little girl I will have someone to live for.

To want to go home for.

I will go to an adoption center and adopt a little girl.

Avery POV

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder shaking me harshly."wake up, Avery." Mrs.Summers snapped making me get up quickly. I knew if I didn't do as she said at once, I would be punished.

I don't know why she hates me so much. I am the only one that she treats badly. And she even made the other kids hate me too and bully me.

"There is someone important coming here to adopt and I want you to be at your best".she added sighing, "I know you're ugly but at least try." And then she went to wake the rest up.

I got up while rubbing my eyes. When I entered the bathroom, I took a shower and wore a short jean overalls and white T-shirt with flowers.

And then I stood on a chair to be able to reach the sink to brush my teeth and look at myself in the mirror.

I have blue eyes and I have brown hair that I tried to brush to make it look neat but I failed miserably.

I re-entered my room, and the door opened and Amelia -the only girl that treats me well- entered. She is 16 years old, she is older than me with 12 years since I am only 4.

"Good morning, Ave." She said smiling down at me.

"Good morning, Lia." I said smiling. then I remembered my hair.

"Can you do my hair, please?"I asked her shyly.

" Of course."She grinned. She brushed my hair and made two french braids and brushed my bangs.

"Thank you!!" I thanked her hugging her legs.

"You are welcome, baby."she said carrying me to the bed and sat with me on her lap.

"Do you think I'll get adopted today?"I asked looking at her.

"Let's just hope for the better." She sighed.

"I don't want to leave you, but I also don't want to stay here, all the kids here even Mrs.Summers bully me. But if someone adopts me than I will have a home." I told her not knowing how to feel.

"If you didn't get adopted, then I am here to protect you from the bullies, and if you get adopted then we can always call each other and talk and we can even meet. So, don't worry." She said smiling which made me smile back at her.

"I love you, Lia." I told her, wrapping my arms around her neck tightly.

"I love you, too, Ave." She told me hugging me back to her tightly.

Darius POV

*beep* *beep*
I woke up to my alarm at 8:00 AM. I entered the bathroom, did my business and wore a suit.

I went outside of my home, got in the car and started driving to the 'sunshine adoption center'.

It was 9:06 AM when I got there. I got inside and I found it completely quite which made suspicious.

I knocked on Mrs.Summers' office and got inside when I heard a voice say 'come in'.

"Mr.king ! Welcome to the 'sunshine adoption center'. I hope you will find a kid that you would like to adopt!" Mrs.Summers greeted me with a forced smile.

"I would like to adopt a little girl, her age between 3 to 5 years."

"Of course, just give me 20 minutes to get them ready." She said.

"Take your time."

Avery POV

20 minutes later

Mrs.Summers busted into the room making me jump in Lia's lap.

"It's time to go down stairs you ugly brat!" She shouted at me, making me hold onto Lia more tightly and burry my face in Lia's hair.

I told her ok but my voice was muffled in Lia's neck so Mrs.summers thought that I was ignoring her.

She made her way to me quickly and snatched me from Lia's tight and secure hold and onto the floor.

She held my arm tightly and I thought it was going to bruise and it hurt so bad that my eyes started to water.

"Mrs.Summers, she didn't ig-" Lia was interrupted by Mrs.Summers.

"This is none of your business, Amelia! Go to your room right now. "

Lia looked at me with sympathy, but eventually left the room.

I know she didn't want to leave me but she had no choice.

"You don't ignore me next time! hear me?!" She yelled at me.

"Yes ma'am" I whispered.

"Now, put on your snickers and go downstairs." She ordered and then left the room.

I looked down at my hands to see that it was red.

I put on my white sneakers and made my way downstairs.

I saw Lily, Grace, Daniella, Ryan and Alicia. They were all my bullies.

Well, they don't hurt me physically like the older kids but they are rude to me.

After a few moments, a very tall guy with brown hair tied into a bun, brown eyes and a beard entered the room with Mrs.Summers.

He talked with each girl for about 10 minutes.

When it was my turn, I was so nervous and my eyes started to fill with tears so I looked at the ground.

He came over to were I was sitting and sat on the chair in front of me so there was a table separating us.

He looked into my eyes when I looked up. But I got shy and nervous again so I looked quickly at my lap.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" He asked in a gentle and soft voice which made me relax and not be as nervous as I was before.

"My name is Avery." I said shyly.

"I am Darius king, How old are you, Avery?"

"I am four."

"You are so beautiful" He complimented me smiling.

I blushed smiling and looked down muttering 'thank you '.

"And you also have a very beautiful smile" He complimenting me again.

I blushed harder and kept looking at my lap smiling. Happy that finally someone besides Amelia thinks that I am beautiful.

Darius POV

Avery is a very cute little girl. She is shy but that's ok, not like the other girls, they were all brats.

They know that I am rich and all they talk about is how much toys and clothes and money they want, they don't even give me time to ask them about their names or age.

One of them asked me if I could buy her a private jet.

She is a kid for God's sake.

But Avery was a quiet one, she is so sweet and she smiles when someone compliments her.

"What's your favorite colour?" I asked with a soft voice, smiling at her.

She looked at me, her cheeks were still tinted with pink shade.

"Pink." She answered me with quiet voice.

"What is you favorite animal, beautiful?" She blushed at the nickname.

"I love monkeys, they are so cute." She said smiling a bit, thinking about them.

"Did you ever see them in real life?" I asked her.

"No" She said furrowing her eyebrows a bit.

I decided if I would adopt her then I will take her to the zoo to see the monkeys

"What is-" I was about to ask her about her friends here, when I saw her hand. There was bruises on her hand, the shape of hand prints.

Like someone had held her hand tightly. I was so angry when I saw that.

Who can hurt such a sweet girl ?!

"Who did this to you?" I asked pointing at her bruised hand trying to hide my fury so I don't scare her.

She looked at it confused, but then paled when she realized it was bruised.

"No one." She answered with a shaky voice.

I realized that she didn't want to talk about it so I decided that I will ask her later, when she is used to me if she would let me adopt her.

"I want to adopt you, would you like that, Avery?" I asked her as gently as I could.

She kept looking at me, like she was in a daze.

"Will you hurt me?" She asked me quietly.

"Of course not" I told her gently and confidently so that she knows that I mean it.

But why would she think that I would hurt her?!

"Okay." She said in a very quiet voice that I barely heard.

I smiled so big "can you go pack your things while I finish some paper work with Mrs.Summers?" I asked her still smiling, glad that she agreed to come home with me.

"Okay." She said, then ran upstairs probably to her room.

I entered the office and saw Mrs.Summers sitting in the chair behind the desk.

"I would like to adopt Avery." I told her.

"But she is so shy and quiet and she will be a burden, you can adopt Lily or Riley or even Gr-"she was going to complete when I interrupted her.

"I want to see her file and the papers that I'll have to sign to adopt Avery." I said sternly not leaving a room for any arguments.

She glared at me then got me her files and some papers, slammed them on the desk in front of me and slammed the door behind her as she left the office.

I started reading her file,

NAME: Avery williams
AGE: 4 years old
PARENTS: father: dead, mother: -
HER STATE WHEN SHE CAME: abused
DOESN'T LIKE: shouting, dark rooms and baths

I was so sad when I read it, why would someone do this to their own daughter?!

I called Leonard, he answered at the fourth ring.

"Hey, Darius."

"Hey, Leonard, I am at the adoption Center right now, and I am about to adopt a little girl called Avery, so I want you to meet us at the mall in 30 minutes." I told him.

"Of course, but why didn't you tell me before that you were thinking about adopting, I would have come with you." He told me.

"I thought you had a case at the court today's morning?" I asked confused, he is a lawyer, and he was busy almost all the time.

"It was cancelled, but anyways, I'll meet you there in 30." He told me.

"Ok, see you there."

"See you."

After I ended the call,I started signing the papers it took me 10 minutes to finish them.

Avery POV

(15 minutes before )

Once Mr. King told to go pack my things, I ran upstairs to Lia's room to tell her what happened.

When I made it to her room, I knocked on her room's door.

When she opened she smiled at me as I entered her room quickly.

She crouched in front of me to be on the same level as me.

"Tell me what happened downstairs." She said curiously.

"He is called Mr. King and he kept talking to me but he.."I started to feel weird not knowing how to feel.

"Ave, c'mon tell what happened, but what baby?" She encouraged me.

"He told me that he wants to adopt me and told me to pack my things, but I don't want to leave you." As soon as I said those words, I ran into her arms and wrapped my arms around her neck so tightly and buried my face in her hair.

I didn't want to let go of her, ever.

She stood up with me in her, as I wrapped my legs around her waist.

"Let's go to your room, pack your things while talking, ok baby?" She asked me rubbing my back.

"Ok."

We made our way to my room, But I tightened my arms around her neck and whimpered as she tried to put in on the bed.

She sighed and sat on the bed with me on her lap.

"Baby, look at me" She said making me look in her eyes.

"You are going to be fine and remember what I told you before, we can still talk and meet. Do you want me to talk to him about us meeting and calling?" She asked me.

I nodded my head quickly.

"Ok, so let's go pack your bag and then go to talk to Mr.King about us meeting and calling each other." She told and finally I let her go and sat on the bed while she packed my bag.

She finished packing my back bag after a few minutes, because I don't have a lot of things. And then reached her hands out for me to take.

I jumped out of the bed and grabbed her right hand as she held my bag with her left hand and made our way downstairs.

~~~

Here is chapter one!

Hope you enjoyed it!

If you did don't forget to vote and follow!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...