Extraordinary (Sign it Series...

Oleh TheAmazingMaddy

*SEQUEL TO SIGN IT [LUPIN'S DAUGHTER]* Madeline Hope Lupin's much awaited eleventh birthday has finally arriv... Lebih Banyak

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Umbridge
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
Book 3

Chapter 10

1.5K 67 79
Oleh TheAmazingMaddy

If Maddy's vocal cords had the capacity to scream, her shrieks would have rivaled that of Walburga Black. Since she couldn't, she just stared in pure horror.

On her bed, where her precious leather jacket had been placed, was a rather hideous neon orange jumper, folded just as she had left her jacket.

It didn't take Hermione to realise what had happened. Maddy picked up the sweater with the tips of her fingers, as if it were contaminated and tied it around her waist, and bolted down the hallway.

"Maddy?" Remus stopped her in her path, glancing curiously at her. "What are you doing?"

Looking for Fred. Have you seen him?

"I haven't — er, Maddy?" His eyes fell to the orange jumper tied around her waist. "Where did you get that?"

Maddy looked down, momentarily forgetting why she was running, before looking up, livid. Prank war. Fred and I against George and Simon. They swapped this for my leather jacket.

"Oh, really? Have you pranked them yet?"

We were planning to do it when we ate. We've been cleaning all day. Speaking of which — She narrowed her eyes. Where were you today?

Remus's cheeks tinted pink, to Maddy's surprise. "It doesn't really matter, Maddy."

You know, Dad, Uncle Padfoot said something very curious earlier.

Remus's eyes widened slightly, but otherwise he seemed unaffected. "What did he say?"

Well, he was going on about how he wished he could have shut a curtain on his mother when he was young. And I said that I thought that my situation without a mother was better than his with an awful mother, but that I didn't know what it was like with a mother.

Remus looked guilty, but Maddy gave him a reassuring smile.

It's alright. Back to the story, anyway, Uncle Padfoot then said 'You might know soon'. I don't think he intended for me to hear, he kind of said it in a cough. I have good hearing, though.

Remus looked horrified, "What happened after that."

I asked him what he meant, and he just smirked and walked away. Now, Dad. She gave him an intense look, I'm eleven, not two. I'm only half a dimwit.

"You aren't dimwitted, Maddy,' replied Remus.

I kind of am. I don't take anything seriously. She smirked at the last word.

"Neither did James or Sirius, and they still got outstanding grades. That doesn't make you a dimwit."

Maddy shrugged. I said I'm only half a dimwit. She reiterated. I know you went somewhere, with someone, as a date.

Remus decided to play innocent. "Did I?"

Don't play dimwit with me, Dad.

"What if I did?"

Maddy thought for a moment. I'd be happy that you found someone. She fiddled quickly with the sleeves of her jumper before adding, I'd hurt him or her if they hurt you, though.

Remus chuckled, "It's a her," he said quietly.

Maddy's eyes widened, and she gave him a face splitting grin. So you did go on a date?

Remus's cheeks darkened to a Weasley red. "Not exactly," he mumbled, not meeting Maddy's eyes.

Maddy chuckled, But you wanted it to be! Her signs seemed almost sing-songy, and she bounced in her place.

"That doesn't matter," he whispered.

Yes, it does! Who is she? Do I know her? She stopped bouncing and frowned. Does she know about your condition?

"It really doesn't. I'm not telling you, and yes to the other two."

I know her? That narrows it down. An order member?

Remus just nodded. "Don't you have a Prank War to get to? Can't stop that."

I'm going to find out, Dad. She signed. And I'm going to make sure that she doesn't hurt you.

"Isn't that my job to make sure no one hurts you?" retaliated Remus.

Who knows? Maddy smirked, and ran down the hall, her mind racing.

■□~□■

She found Fred alone in his room, searching frantically around. Maddy knocked on the doorframe, and Fred turned around. "They swapped my wand!" he exclaimed, holding up a rubber chicken.

They got my leather jacket too. Maddy frowned. If you haven't got a wand, I still have mine. Or we can just use some trick candies.

"They know what they look like," stated Fred.

Not if we switch the wrappers, or grind it up and put it in their dinner.

Fred gave her a high five, "I taught you well. Let's make this powder. I'll find a way to distract them, and you put it in their meals?"

Maddy nodded, and was about to respond when the door opened to reveal George and Simon.

Simon smirked when he saw the jumper around Maddy's waist. "I see you found our jumper."

Shut up. I hate your guts. Maddy crossed her arms when she finished signing, and leaned against the wall, crossing her legs.

"You'd look pretty punk in that position if you were wearing leather," commented George.

Maddy glared at him. I wonder why I'm not wearing leather. She responded, her signs stiff giving off a harsh tone.

Fred pointed the rubber chicken at his twin brother. "This is war, o'brother o'mine."

George laughed as he swatted the chicken. "Tis hard to take you seriously with a rubber chicken, o'twin o'mine."

You know what? said Maddy, standing up straight. I'm not going to let you win. Maddy untied the jumper from around her waist and slipped it over her head. I'm going to flaunt this. You'll see, I'll —

She cut off when the door opened to reveal Sirius. "Supper's ready. Go get — What are you wearing, Maddy?"

Simon and George broke down in laughter, and Maddy scowled, before remembering what she had just stated. She stood up with as much poise as she could muster.

These two idiots swapped my leather jacket for this as a prank. I'm going to flaunt it.

Without another sign, she swaggered out of the room, her head held high.

■□~□■

Uncle Padfoot? Can I have a detailed list of every female Order member?

Dinner had just finished, Maddy and Fred's prank working as well as they had hoped. All the children, bar George and Simon, were sitting in the living room with Sirius and Remus. Ron and Harry were playing chess (Harry was losing a lot worse than he would admit).

Sirius's glance hovered between Maddy and Remus. "What do you need that for?" he asked suspiciously.

Remus's lip quivered slightly, "She doesn't need it."

Oh, but I do. insisted Maddy.

Sirius's eyes still couldn't settle between the two Lupins. "I don't think I outta, Maddy."

"That's right," agreed Remus.

You really should. Maddy countered.

Harry looked up as his knight was being smashed into pieces. "What does Maddy need?"

Maddy looked guiltily between Remus and Sirius, biting her bottom lip. I'm trying to get Uncle Padfoot to buy me a muggle novel, but Dad says it's too advanced. She lied smoothly, meeting Harry's eye with a smirk.

Remus and Sirius didn't show any signs of shock, both nodding along with the story. "It's themes are intended for older people." Remus said.

"What book is it, Maddy?" asked Hermione, looking up from where she was braiding Darienne's hair. "Maybe I've heard of it."

Jurassic Park, she said quickly, thinking of the first novel that was for children a little older than she was.

"I've read it," said Hermione, "And I watched the film as well. I was fourteen when I did, though."

"What's Jurassic Park?" inquired Ginny, rolling a cork to Crookshanks.

"It's about a Park that genetically engineered dinosaurs back to life. But the dinosaurs turn rogue, and end up trying to eat everyone." Hermione informed them.

"That sounds awesome!" exclaimed George as he and Simon walked in, sitting next to Fred with an apprehensive look on his face.

"Feeling better, Georgie?" asked Fred with fake sympathy.

"I know it was you two, don't deny it."

I'm not denying it. Maddy smirked.

"Checkmate!" announced Ron, and he was met by Harry's groan. "I meant to ask," he added, "What are you four even doing? Fred has a rubber chicken where he usually keeps his wand, Maddy's wearing an orange jumper, when she usually wears her leather jacket. And George and Simon looked sick during dinner. So, what are you doing exactly?"

"My dear little brother," began Fred, "We, unlike you, have priorities."

We're in a Prank War. informed Maddy.

"Simon and I against Maddy and Fred," added George.

"I kind of just go with it," Simon remarked.

"Why wasn't I invited to join?" asked Ginny sadly.

"George and I took Maddy and Simon under our wings to learn the keys to pranking. Maddy already had a very good foundation. Thanks, Professor."

Remus gave him a small nod.

"This is like their final project." Fred finished.

He's just convinced that you'll out prank them, Ginny.

Fred mumbled some opposition, but Ginny just gave him a smirk, and he quickly shut his mouth.

I think you're all just crazy. signed Darienne.

"That would be an accurate assumption." laughed Harry.

■□~□■

Don't think I've forgotten about the list. signed Maddy, leaning against the doorframe while Sirius was feeding Buckbeak. It had been two days since Maddy originally asked, but she hadn't brought it up since. She had been preoccupied with tiny things, like receiving her jacket back, and Simon finally giving his letter to Tonks. Sirius had hoped she would forget, but he realised quickly it was wistful thinking. Maddy reminded him strongly of himself more than her father, and he noted that while Remus would've dropped the subject, he wouldn't have. It was just a matter of when.

"I haven't got any paper," he retorted, tossing a rat towards the hippogriff.

Maddy pulled a small notepad, a feather, and an inkpad from a satchel that she wore across her chest. I'm prepared.

"It's not my spot to tell you, Moonlight."

I'm not asking for you to tell me. I'm asking for a list so I can guess. Maddy said as if it were obvious.

Sirius tied up the bag of dead rats, and picked it up, exited the room. "That's practically telling you." He shut the door behind him, and gave her a small grin.

Why is Dad so secretive about this?

"Well, he's Moony." he told her. "He's always been self-conscious, for longer than I could remember. He thought he couldn't have children, and that no one would ever love him. We convinced him otherwise, and I guess he had enough confidence because you're here. But, I think he lost all confidence when your mother left. It just confirmed his suspicions that not a single person could love a werewolf."

He's scared of commitment?

"He's scared of trusting the wrong person again." Sirius put down the bag, and sat against the wall, Maddy sitting on the opposite one.

He doesn't want to be left heartbroken with a child. She stated, more to just get the idea that was plaguing her insides out.

Sirius just nodded. "If someone had told me where I would be in twenty years when I was fifteen, I would've called them crazy."

If I've learned anything by being raised by a single father who's a werewolf, it would be to not take life for granted. She gave Sirius a pained smile. I'm going to make the most of my time here. Tomorrow may not come.

"Don't think like that," whispered Sirius.

Maddy stood up, and gave him a shrug. Why wouldn't I think the truth? she signed, before running off.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

186K 4.9K 61
Maddy is a girl who is James Potters sister and is afraid to be at Hogwarts. But standing by her side are some awesome friends. Now they just need...
111K 3.5K 28
❝Who knew that an ordinary student from another world would join the Wizarding World and come to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.❞ Y/N /L...
206K 5.8K 32
Madeline Hope Lupin is the daughter of Remus Lupin. Showing absolutly no signs of lycanthropy, you'd think her life would be easy. Not really. She wa...