Royal Renegade

Por xXTheBelieverXx

"Let me have your throat again," he beckons, and despite how airy and thin his voice is, it's still powerful... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1: What Are You Waiting For?
Chapter 2: Reap and Sow
Chapter 3: Trigger
Chapter 4: Royal Pains
Chapter 5: Your What?
Chapter 6: Opportunity
Chapter 7: First Embrace
Chapter 8: Pressure
Chapter 9: Am I Not the Prince?
Chapter 10: Roots
Chapter 11: Target Practice
Chapter 12: Worthy Opponent
Chapter 13: Blood or Wine?
Chapter 14: Follow Me
Chapter 15: Good Night
Chapter 16: Vulnerable
Chapter 17: His Name
Chapter 18: Let Her Go
Chapter 19: Prince Charming
Chapter 20: Leave Me Alone
Chapter 21: Pure
Chapter 22: Where Would I Go?
Chapter 23: Nightmare
Chapter 24: Dark Knight
Chapter 25: Need
Chapter 26: Reckless Embrace
Chapter 27: Humble My Pride
Chapter 28: Do Dreams Come True?
Chapter 29: First
Chapter 30: Yes, Please
Chapter 31: None of Your Business
Chapter 32: Sweet Potato Pie
Chapter 33: Monsters
Chapter 34: Why'd You Let Him Go?
Chapter 35: To Know You
Chapter 36: Axelia or Xeli
Chapter 37: Too Far
Chapter 38: Game of Chess
Chapter 39: How Did I Get These?
Chapter 40: Missing Pieces
Chapter 41: Prince in Mourning
Chapter 42: This is Love
Chapter 43: Innocent
Chapter 44: Royal Renegade
Chapter 45: I'm Here
Chapter 46: He Understands?
Chapter 47: Freesia Flowers
Chapter 48: From Enemy to Ally
Chapter 49: Power in Relationship
Chapter 50: Incredible
Chapter 51: Checkmate
Chapter 52: I Belong Here
Chapter 53: This is the One
Chapter 54: Human?
Chapter 55: What You Want
Chapter 56: I Do
Chapter 57: We Are Family
Chapter 58: Frustration {Mature}
Chapter 59: Together {Mature}

Chapter 60: Matters to Discuss {Mature}

9.7K 334 283
Por xXTheBelieverXx

Queen Axelia

"No, you can't have any pie!" I exclaim, popping open my eyes when Leo's wings explode beneath us and we topple off his bed and onto the floor cocooned in the soft, feathery curtains.

"Ow," Leonidas groans as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

Heat stings my cheeks and I lower my gaze in embarrassment for waking him only to then cup my hands over my mouth when I realize we're still naked from the night before.

"I'm so sorry!" I murmur into my palms. "I didn't-- your wings?"

Furrowing his eyebrows, he glances at our cocoon through slightly swollen eyes and exhales a short sigh.

"They're responsive to you now, so if you seem threatened they will try to protect you--" he pauses as our eyes meet and quirks a brow, "even from nightmares about-- pie?"

Well...

Despite his unamused tone, there is a shimmer of intrigue brightening his eyes.

"It was just a small one and everybody wanted a piece," I whisper between my fingers.

Chuckling, he dangles an arm over his forehead which exposes thin, dark veins writhing at his wrists from a morning thirst; although, his demeanor isn't as expressive.

"Look, the feathers are all ruffled," he points out.

At the mention I feel some of them pricking the skin of my arms and back.

Interestingly, I've never seen him touch his own wings before. If I had feathers I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off them.

"Do you like your wings?" I wonder, and his eyebrows furrow as his gaze shifts to me.

"Like them?"

"I mean, I've only seen them interact with you during combat. Do you only perceive them as weapons?"

A smile tugs up the corners of his lips when his wings shudder as though they could understand my words.

"They scare me," he discloses, though his casual tone doesn't match his confession. "My abilities and heightened senses are ideal because I have control over my use of them, but my wings are independent," he continues to explain, rubbing one of the feathers between his fingertips. "They can kill without my will or intention and my understanding of them is minimal."

Fascinating.

Even though I am awed by them I often fear their presence as well.

"Still, they are a part of me and never fail to protect my life. I suppose I more often view them as weapons but--" he trails off, releasing the feather to settle the hand on his chest as he scrutinizes the cocoon. "I do like them," he concludes, glancing down at me. "I think if you reassure them you're alright, they'll open up."

"H-how?" I stammer, now apprehensive because of his explanation. "You want me to pet you?"

I catch a withering of his cheeks as he nods but they don't seem to faze him when he looks at me and laughs, "They won't hurt you."

Our cocoon doesn't allow much mobility, forcing me to hoist a leg over his in a half-straddle so I can free an arm to run my fingers through his feathers. Initially, the muscles of his wings flex and Leonidas shivers, but when I giggle, his body relaxes and wings combust into dust-like flakes.

"Whoa," I gasp, sitting up to complete the straddle as I watch the rest of his wings vanish.

"Axelia," he murmurs and I shift my gaze down in time to watch his eyes dilate. A dark glint in his eyes reminding me of that look he gave me before. The one so deep, so hungry and full of desire I melted beneath him. "This is a new angle of which I am quite fond of," he says, resting his arms behind his head shamelessly absorbing the view.

Ah, I keep forgetting we're naked!

Lifting my arms, I cross them over my breasts hoping it'll be enough until I stand; however, the same moment I rise he sits up and drags me back down before cupping my chin in a hand and molding our lips in a chaste kiss. Then, placing his hands on my waist, he adjusts my straddle before pausing.

"Are you sore from last night?" he asks and while I take a moment to think about it, he presses gentle, coaxing kisses under my jaw and along my neck making my thoughts fuzzy and nerves tingly.

"Only a little bit," I answer, feeling slight tenderness like muscles after a training session. "Why?"

His purr vibrates through my own chest as he leans forward to my ear.

"I'd like more of you."

Shifting beneath me, his hardness glides along my entrance. I twitch at the feeling of his cock veins stroking my clit.

My heart flutters with encouragement, in delight that he enjoys my body as much as I do his, and after I give a nod of approval, we find ourselves back on his bed with my body hovering his as we continue to kiss.

I figure he'll eventually roll us over, taking charge like the night before, but he doesn't and every time I attempt to move he sets me right back.

"Leonidas, how are we going to--"

"With you on my lap," he decides, whispering against my sensitive skin as his kisses roam below my collarbones.

Oh?

I'm a little nervous to be leading but just as equally excited by the idea. Glancing down between us, I grasp his shoulders knowing I'll need an anchor for when he stretches me. Meanwhile, his long fingers curl around the base of his arousal, slowly, expertly.

Has he ever touched himself before, indulged in self-pleasure despite his vow and purity?

Just as I'm about to ask, he strokes himself and I'm lost for words mesmerized by the way his tip responds, swelling as though it can breathe.

He was able to fit all of that inside me?

"You're staring," he mentions, and when I meet his eyes, a corner of his lips tugs up.

"Are you mocking me?" I quirk a brow and he bites a corner of his lower lip, one of his fangs peeks out.

"Perhaps."

Narrowing my eyes, I decide to play dirty.

"In that case, you don't deserve more of me," I mimic his voice from before, starting to lean away until his hips softly buck, rubbing his length along my entrance again.

A moan escapes through my lips and I shoot him a glare only to retract it the moment my eyes meet a swirling hunger festering in his gaze, his pupils constricting in a way that almost feels hypnotic.

"Don't go. I won't mock again," he promises, a faint blush proving the sincerity of his words.

I nestle back onto his lap continuing to gaze at him even when his attention drifts to our hips. The way he softly nibbles on a corner of his lips makes me want to kiss them; they're so pink, smooth and plump.

The way he looks right now reminds me of boyish Leo.

So many memories rush to my mind of him when we were children.

He was so timid. Extremely shy and introverted. Easily embarrassed. Sensitive.

Fragile.

I remember the way his face gets puffy when he cries and how he sometimes hiccups when he laughs too hard. I remember the first time I kissed him on his cheek. He blushed every time he saw me for weeks.

It makes my heart ache realizing I missed so much of his development from child to young adult.

I wasn't there to watch him grow or there to see how his father's death affected him. I've missed so much of his life. After trying to take my own, all I remember is then doing everything in my power to kill him.

Catching my eyes, his eyebrows furrow as his head tilts in wonder. "Are you okay?" he breathes. Concern quickly softens his gaze.

Always. He always cares so much.

"We don't have to do anything if--"

"Hush." I set the tips of my fingers over his lips.

Worry in his eyes dissolves as I roll my body along him. Once. Twice. Now, our skin down there is wet and my nerves, buzzing to life. My breaths hitch when the brim of his tip strokes my clit again and a whiny moan slips between my lips.

His pupils dilate, then constrict so fast its as though I've lit a match in front of him.

"Mmh," he hums softly, grasping my waist his fingers press into my skin as he guides my hips which roll along the length of him. His own hips are bucking every other stroke of our bodies. Closing his eyes, he groans with his lips still caged behind my fingers, sending vibrations through my wrists.

It does something to me. Like desire possesses me and I can't think of anything else except taking him deep inside of me and never letting go.

Glancing down, I lift myself up and want to put him in but have no clue how exactly he managed to do it.

"It's here," he places a gentle touch with his fingertip at my entrance. I gasp as he slips his index finger completely inside with ease, rubbing against my tender, moist muscles.

Eyes closing, I bite my bottom lip releasing a whiny moan as my core shifts, adjusting to him. I sink onto his hand and roll my waist into his slow, gentle strokes.

Christ.

It feels so good but I want so much more.

"Leonidas, I need you inside of me," I whisper, eyes fluttering open.

His shimmering gaze guides mine down to what he's doing, his hand wrapping around the base of his arousal again and positioning it for me to mount.

The tip of him lightly teases where it's supposed to go in and some kind of needy mewl escapes me. "We're so wet," he purrs, stroking himself so tight his knuckles got white as he squeezes a tasty clear bead of lubricant from the slit.

I want it inside me.

All of it.

"Are you sure you're ready, Princess?" he asks, voice husky and thick with desire as though he's heard my thought.

"Yes," I chirp, a bit too eagerly for my liking. His eyebrows arch in surprise, acting as though he isn't convinced despite my core drooling over him. Instead of giving me what I want, he just continues teasing my aching entrance.

Rolling his mushroom tip through my ever moistening lips and rubbing my clit with each passing over.

I don't know what he's waiting for, but with his next teasing brush, I break. "Please," I both beg and demand, prideful but desperate. Leaning forward, I kiss and nibble at his neck which deepens his purr and makes his skin shiver.

With his other hand, he grasps the back of my thigh just under one of my cheeks and squeezes. "Come here," he says, softly tugging me forward.

I've never been so compliant in my entire life. Not with anyone. I still feel the urge to rebel whenever he tells me to do something, every command, but it's never anything I don't already want to do.

"Right there." He stops me after I've crawled two motions forward on my knees. "That's it," he murmurs watching studiously as his tip slowly glides down over my clit until it knocks. "Slide your knees open a little more." My core is streaming arousal at this point, thirsting for him to fill it again.

I waste no time doing as he says, spreading my knees over the sheets and lowering my straddle until his tip starts to push into me.

I gasp, already feeling the pressure.

"Axelia." Lips buzzing against my own, he makes my name sound like a flavor he's tasting.

I meet that dark, lustful gaze that sucks my soul from my chest. His irises, a storm, as the vibrant browns and amber swirl. Dominance steams off his skin, seeping through my pores and grasping my heart. It doesn't matter that I'm on top. He will have me wrapped around him in every possible way.

And I want to be.

Lifting his hand from my thigh, he brings it up my waist until his palm flattens over my lower stomach. Then, his fingers press under my navel, coaxing me to lower.

Intaking a quick breath, I sink onto him, his tip stretching me and causing my insides to sizzle. It almost hurts, but the second I hesitate, he pulls my hips flush down whilst thrusting up until I'm filled to the hilt.

His breathy grunt and expression of pleasure has my core burning and when he moans, I clench around him.

Forehead dropping to my collarbone, he kisses my chest. Twitching inside me, his hard shaft rubs my inner walls. Then, he nuzzles me further down until is scrotum licks at my clit and rubs.

"Oh my god," I harshly breathe as my body seems in shock by how this new depth and discomfort feels so good. I soothe the stretching by rubbing my little bud against his sac, getting more wet with every passing second until he's as slick as I am.

His roaming kisses cease as he glances up at me through long, brown eyelashes. Asking with those eyes of gold. I close my own just a moment as my thighs tremble and open them again to give a nod as I curl my lips back against my tongue.

Slowly, he eases my hips up, dragging inch after inch of himself through my tight, tender tunnel before allowing me to rock back and forth, taking him in again. "Good, just like that," he whispers, breath fanning my forehead before he tilts my chin up to draw our lips together, any further words stolen by a moan when he's entirely consumed again.

We melt into each other, lips to lips and hips to hips, softly.

Silently.

Our bodies talking. Each motion is an improvised dance gesture. Flowing rhythmically. Steadily. In a tempo that gradually increases as he stretches and molds me, sculpts me like clay around him.

Needing more, I wrap my arms around his neck and bounce onto his lap. Muscles stinging I bite my lip and hold my breath in an attempt to choke back some kind of sound itching up my throat between a squeal and cry. Meanwhile, his eyebrows furrow in deep satisfaction.

"This— you're so deep," I moan.

His lustful gaze is sizzling but still compassionate as we kiss between breaths. Then, I shiver as he trails his fingers down along my back. One sends a flutter of nerves through my skin as his long fingers cup a breast, lifting my nipple to his lips.

He sucks.

Nibbles.

Licks.

Squeezes.

And repeats all over again, from one breast to the other.

I move slow adjusting to the new sensations and this position, constantly gasping when the length of him seems to reach further than before, hitting sensitive places that make me tremble.

In minutes, we gain a comfortable rhythm and muffling our moans becomes nearly impossible.

"I can't get enough of you," he says, his warm breath against my neck and hot lips pressing to my skin hard enough that his fangs tease as though he'll bite.

The tickling sensation sends chills down my spine and I can feel his smirk as he does it again.

"You can feed if you want to."

Mixing the pain of his bite with this amount of pleasure is an invigorating idea.

His purr returns, but he draws his face away to meet my eyes.

"I'm feeding you at the moment, no?" he points out, squeezing my hips firmly as our pelvises collide, harder.

My arms slip loose and my fingers grip at his shoulder and forearm for balance as he thrusts into me again, then rolls his hips in a way that grinds my sensitive nerve bundle against his skin.

"Leonidas-- ah," I whine, overwhelmed by all the sensations rushing through me. All the emotions, the delight of being with him. Every muscle of his body supporting mine. "Faster," I beg, tightening my grip on his shoulders as I prop myself up on my left knee.

Our new angle drives him harder against this spot inside of me that turns my whining into a song of moans.

I unravel harsh and loud within seconds and though I didn't think it possible, his cock gets even harder.

"Hold on tighter," he grunts, lying back and taking over with a rhythm of want and need in firm thrusts that leave me grasping onto his chest and lower neck for balance.

Propping up his knees grants him a better position to meet my hips as they slam against his lap. An earthquake of pleasure trembles through me. "Leo!" I exclaim. "Harder right-- ah, there!"

His cheeks wither as the purr of his chest sends vibrations through my body. "Here?" He asks and I can't even think the word to answer him with. Continuing at the same tempo, he's hitting this spot harder. These vibrations— oh my...

"I want to feel you cum on me again," he breathes, thrusting upwards so diliberately hard it's like he's knocking on the door to my orgasm. "Will you?"

Hair dangling over his forehead, eyes trained on our pelvises, irises feral, his lips tucked, abdominal muscles glistening, hard, and flexed, it's impossible for me to say anything other than what I do.

"Yes— I— fuck," I cry out, intentionally driving my hips down into his thrusts and hitting that sweet spot that makes my mind go fuzzy.

His moan takes me over the edge.

Reaching my peak again, every muscle spasms as I scream. My nails drag swelling streaks of red down his chest and I can feel myself clenching so hard around him I'm surprised he doesn't break. The sensations are almost dizzying as my body clings onto him tighter, his grip on my waist keeping me from collapsing.

He holds me steady as he continues pounding into my orgasm, his moans and breathy grunts resounding through the room.

My god he sounds beautiful.

Sitting up, his hands rise to my elbows so that my wrists tie around his neck in a more comfortable position. Desire in his eyes burns so bright that I wish I could endure longer to bask in their glow, but he closes them anyway as our lips join until I'm left panting.

Face nuzzling my neck, he grunts, "You feel so good, Axelia."

I whine and moan as he slams my hips down to meet his next thrust, my wrists fall loose until I root one hand on his shoulder while bending the elbow of my other arm around his neck for balance. Like magnets, his lips are drawn to my breasts, sucking whichever parts of them bounce up against him. It seems dirty, erotic, but that makes me love it even more.

He is rarely greedy, so this carnal, wanton demeanor invigorates and entices me in a way I didn't know was possible, allowing me to hold out for his release.

He wants me, and the thought spans further than our current physical bond. Has committed himself to me in every possible way and if I could give him the world in return, I would. But he probably wouldn't want it. He isn't a political King, nor one to care for expanding his rule.

My heart swells when I think about how I am one so special to him, so treasured by him, and I start to feel tears drip down my cheeks.

Immediately pausing our motions, his eyes constrict, sobering as they search my own. "Are you h—" I cut his words off with an impassioned kiss that leaves him panting when I finally pull away.

"No!" I reply, blushing with a giggle when I see the bird's nest I've frazzled his hair into and how I've left him frozen in concern. "I just really, really love you, Leonidas."

He gazes into my soul and softly smiles. "I love you, too." He peppers my lips with kisses as our hips slowly continue. "I wonder; though, if you love me more than that slice of Sweet Potato Pie you dreamt of," he mentions between breaths.

I laugh with a nod. "Definitely."

Setting one hand on his shoulder and another in his silky hair, our pace wanes to an achingly slow, gentle rhythm and when I tug on his feathery strands, he shudders with a low moan and leans back to catch his breath. His pupils constrict while his cheeks slightly wither with a flash of thin purple veins.

I'm reminded of his trigger, that I'm nearly flirting with an emotion that borders between life and death. Yet, it seems he is regulating his frustration better, drawing out every sensation before allowing his release.

His ability to restrain such a dangerously wild nature makes my heart tingle.

Shivering, I gently tug the silky strands of his hair between my fingers causing his muscles to tense this time.

His breaths shallow.

"Again," he murmurs against my lips, voice so airy, I know he's finally there.

I tug his hair harder at the roots and he breathlessly grunts, his hips abruptly freeze as a thick pulsation within me delivers the warmth of his seed to my innermost depths; a feeling so unique and pleasurable, filling me with satisfaction knowing I am bonding with him in a way no one else ever has or ever will.

"Fuck," he moans, a flurry of black veins streaking down his neck and fading out of sight. My hips continue taking his in and out of me but slow when he sets a hand above my thigh. His cock twitches and pulses harder, I can see his abs shudder as he spasms.

I think it might be overstimulating him that I'm still moving, but I like the way it makes him whine his moans and how his voice cracks. So I keep going, grasping his chin for once and bringing our lips together as I rise and fall onto his lap a little while longer.

Now, both of his hands are gripping my thighs, weakly trying but ultimately failing to stop me; though, I know if he truly wanted to, he could toss me away with ease.

"Oh my— mmh," he's groaning, body quaking as his eyes pinch and teeth divot his bottom lip.

I muffle his long, deep moans with kisses until he relaxes his hold on my hips in surrender leaning back against his arms. His biceps tighten as his abdomen spasms and he blissfully winces, but slowly continues pushing in and out of me.

"Christ," he breathes, "that actually hurt a little."

I freeze, stopping any further motion.

"It did?! I'm so sorry! I'll get off," I blurt, but his grip on my waist locks our bodies together.

"No, stay," he quickly insists, leaning forward to pepper my collarbones with kisses. "I liked it."

Oh.

Sweat dampens his hair, and he looks pale; flushed except for a few dark colored veins writhing under his eyes and down his neck.

"You're blushing," he notes, surprisingly dismissive of his body's reaction, attuning himself more to me than to his current state. "What are you thinking about?"

Nibbling on my lower lip, I shift my gaze down at our mess of bed sheets. Down at where our bodies remain connected, my insides twitching and accommodating him.

I feel whole, like he's meant to be here filling this space.

"How much I like sex," I admit, "and that I lost count how many times you got me to finish--" I trail off, suddenly embarrassed despite being completely nude before him.

"Four," he informs, a light chuckle in his tone, "impressive considering it's only our second time. I think--" he trails off, eyebrows furrowing before his gaze shifts to me again, "right?"

Leo.

"I dont know," I giggle, hiding my face behind my hands and internally squealing about the fact that he was keeping track of my convulsions and is apparently counting how often we have intercourse.

"Hmm, I'm pretty sure that means you owe me three more," he figures with a shrug, and my jaw nearly unhinges until he laughs.

Goodness. His laugh.

My heart flutters like a hummingbirds wings at the vivacious sound. So pure. So innocent. So wholesome.

Like when we were kids.

When we were happy.

Peeking through my fingers, I find him staring at me endearingly as a slight blush rises over his own cheeks. "I'm only kidding, Princess."

Lost for words, I only offer a minute nod in acknowledgement. I feel so much right now. It's overwhelming. If I speak there's a chance I'll combust in tears.

Closing his eyes, he drops his head back with a deep exhale, hips slightly bucking when his abdominal muscles spasm again. From the way his fingers grip the sheets beneath us, I don't think the motion was intentional.

"D-did you just finish again?"

A normal, skin-tone vein strains along his neck as his eyebrows pinch together before he sits up with sparking eyes. "No," he shakes his head, "you've given me the strongest orgasms I've ever had but is all, but I think I'm still hard." Blushing, he coughs to clear his throat. "Everythings buzzing inside me."

"We can keep going," I offer, hoping to sound energized but failing as a yawn cracks my act.

Oh no.

I want to be able to endure him but I'm exhausted and he knows it.

"Axelia, I could keep filling your body like this," he pauses with the release of a soft breath as his hips buck, stretching me with his arousal and causing a stream of white to trickle down his length, "it would be too much. I could hurt you."

Christ, it's like he never finished he's so hard still.

"You've become quite confident," I muse, still in awe of how much he's changed and yet hasn't at the same time. I'm hopful that changing the subject will help calm his hormones.

"And dangerous," he reminds me, his tone playful and light in my ears but when we meet eyes there is a hostile simmer in their honey golden depths.

Hunger.

Veins wiggling up and down his neck draw my attention again but they're varying more in color, including shades of blue and red amongst the purples. They cascade over his collarbones and I gasp again at the damage I've done to his skin.

"These are really red!" I note, gently tapping the skin on his chest beside multiple scratch marks. Claw streaks. "I'm sorry for--"

"Don't apologize," he chuckles, reaching a hand that cups my face so he can stroke his thumb over my cheek. "You didn't even break the skin."

"But they look like they hurt."

"They just tingle a little," he promises, arm dropping from my face as he captures my hand to kiss my knuckles. "It felt good when you did it. Really good. I think even if they did hurt worse I wouldn't mind it."

Oh?

Does that mean he'll want me to cause him pain when we do this again? Will he ask for it? Pain?

How much?

Would there be limits?

My heart bubbles with excitement the more I think about it, but his withering cheeks catch my attention again.

"You're thirsty."

No wonder the marks haven't fadded from his chest yet.

His brown eyes become doughy and apologetic as he hesitantly meets my gaze, but I don't want him to feel bad so I run my fingers through his hair pushing it off his forehead.

"So needy," I whisper, teasingly, and while he scowls I draw him into a single long kiss. "Drink."

Warm breath marks my neck before his fangs sink beneath my skin and he moans causing me to shiver; although, this time I feel a complete absence of pain as he feeds. His swallows like kneading suckles against my skin.

Gentle.

Far from greedy, he doesn't dig for deeper veins and I don't struggle to breathe or swallow. I'm almost concerned he isn't taking enough but a few minutes later he withdraws his fangs and seals the wound.

"Delicious," he murmurs beside my ear, his purr causing my heart to stutter. "I'll make us a bath," he offers as his hands return to my hips. Then, he meets my eyes and I nod.

Steadily, he lifts me off his lap, our bodies clinging to each other. It's uncomfortable. He's still so firm. It feels wrong for him to withdraw. Regardless, he continues easing apart our bodies and I gasp when there is a pop of pressure released as he finally slips out.

"Wait," I gasp, mushing myself to him, my body trembling.

His arms support me as my body stiffens and his essence flows from my core in what feels like warm clumps.

An odd sensation. Not awful but not delightful either.

I mewl into the base of his neck and he rubs my back.

"Does it hurt?" he wonders.

"No," I mumble, "it's just--" I pause as it happens again, my core twitching, "odd."

He playfully quirks a brow. "Odd, hmm? Is that your way of saying bothersome?"

"What if it is?" I scowl and he softly chuckles while leaning closer until our forheads rest together.

"I supppse I won't finish inside you again, then," he swears, a gleam in his eyes twinkles the moment I start shaking my head.

"Huh?! No! I like it!"

Love it, actually, that pumping motion of his cock as he cums.

Meeting his amber eyes, my words contrast with my expression which twists as another rush of his essence seeps out of me and onto his lower abdomen. A small pool of white. Glancing down, his purr sends vibrations through his body into mine. "I should go start that bath before we end up in this position all day."

All day?!

I blush, but smile, giddy at the thought.

"Okay."

He sets me aside and vanishes from sight. A moment later, the bathtub faucet begins to run. Meanwhile, I wrap myself in a sheet and lie facing a window as I think about our future.

Will he want to have children? I mean at some point he must, right? We will need an heir. But just one, or would he want more or perhaps none? Would we need one if he has had Alec as a backup this whole time?

Perhaps that is his preference, for Alec to rule after him, but that would mean he wouldn't get me pregnant, or rather couldn't. But I want children and though it's much too soon for us to concern ourselves over the matter, I can't help but wonder.

What will Leonidas want?

We have never really argued or disagreed about anything before. He usually goes along with my wishes unless he knows better in which case I choose to trust his judgement, but what if this is something we won't agree on?

My thoughts silence for a while as he comes to scoop me into his arms, carrying me to the bathtub. For the first minutes, I manage not to blurt my curiosities by listening to him share about a warning Koa, the King of Relabeth, gave him.

Apparently vampire stamina in bed is unmatched. It's another reason why choosing a human spouse is a major decision. With their strength and stamina, they could easily get carried away and severely damage their partner during sex. That's why Aiko taught so much about communication. I can be quite stubborn and prideful, but in this I will need to be patient in testing my limits.

Evemoreso, I will need to be cautious in testing his.

"...I mean it wouldn't surprise me if the whole castle could hear us. We were really loud--"

"What?!" I exclaim, pushing a wave of water at his face as my own nearly melts from my body like clay.

One of his eyes half-squints as he runs a hand down his face to dry it; although his hair now drips too, meanwhile a large grin exposes his dazzling fangs as he chuckles.

"It's a possibility is all," he says as though that makes it any better. "We are in Rerimas. Typically, everyone hears everything which is why castle staff is so limited."

So it's not a possibility, it's reality. I forgot whoever was in the castle last night intentionally listened to our fornication as witnesses to the consummation of our marriage.

Oh geez.

"Leonidas, why didn't you remind--" I begin to fume with a scowl until the bathroom door swings open.

"You two are still washing up?!" Alec shouts. "What did you do, sleep in? Why? Leonidas, you guys are going to be late to the council meeting," he explains in panic, pacing in the doorway until Leo throws a sponge at his forehead.

"Your Queen is bathing," he reprimands and Alec's face pales as he rushes to hide on the other side of the door.

"I'm sorry, Queen Axelia, I didn't mean to barge in on you, but I am responsible for getting you two there on time so please hurry," he begs.

Leo shakes his head, but I'm grateful the kid believes we only slept in and didn't come to retrieve us earlier.

Fifteen minutes later, Leonidas and I are dressed and ushered into an office room vacant of windows, but illuminated by a wall of candles where we meet with members from both our councils.

It's the first time Leonidas and I get to sit at the head of a table and despite the cloud of seriousness in the air, we exchange quick glances that assure me he is thinking something similar and once we sit he slips a hand into my own, interlocking our fingers.

The council members rise and bow before introducing themselves and then the meeting begins. My fellow Cadomians voice concerns about the merging of our Kingdoms. Already there have been protests and backlash about the integration by those who strongly supported my father and his beliefs.

"Frankly, they are not fond of their Queen's quick abandonment of her father's wishes to..." the man's tone is condescending and at the mention of my father I feel my heart stiffen.

"Mind your words," Leonidas interjects, meeting eyes with a councilman named, Cleon, who served under my father. Even though Leo doesn't glare, the steadiness of his fixated gaze is undoubtedly threatening.

"My apologies," Cleon says, though his demeanor remains apathetic. "But you are expecting too much too soon of the Cadomian population with this merge of species. Are we really to cohabitate? And what about the diet of Reriman citizens?"

Thankfully, Farouk speaks up on this matter with reassurance that the process of joining our Kingdoms will be done with deep considerations. There will have to be meetings specific to that subject; however, today is only a briefing since Leonidas and I will be leaving for our honeymoon this evening.

"Now, there is the threat of Ferals that still roam the forests. We are still receiving news of sightings in the north," Perseus mentions next.

"What is your suggestion on dealing with them?" Leonidas questions the man, and when their gazes meet I hold my breath from the tension they emit.

"I say we gather the rioting Cadomians with their torches and weapons to let loose in the north where they can face the real monsters," he proposes, and Cleon interjects which then leads to an argument between councils.

While I find it slightly amusing, Leonidas doesn't mask the glare he shoots at Perseus who only chuckles and seems to bask in the yells that now echo off the walls.

I see why they don't get along. Although now that Leonidas is King I don't understand why Perseus is still choosing to edge him on.

Annoyed, I try to drown out their bickering but it just gets louder to the point that my temples start to throb. I've never enjoyed council meetings-- but I was only a Princess before, so I had no say...

Straightening my posture, I clear my throat and the room silences.

Oh, I like this.

"Surely there are other matters to be discussed," I point out as they begin to scrutinize me.

"Actually, this was all for today," Cleon bitterly counters, and the other members either nod or glance at their notepads to check.

"I'll rephrase," I grit my teeth, only to relax with a soft sigh when Leonidas brushes his thumb against the back of my hand. "I have some matters I would like us to discuss."

Farouk smiles and leans back in his seat with his arms crossed while Cleon rolls his eyes.

"The floor is yours," Leonidas glances at me with curiosity swirling in his eyes.

Here goes nothing.

"I am concerned about our prison systems. There are laws in Cadomia that will need to be revoked and certainly laws in Rerimas that should adapt in consideration of our merging of species. Also, I will want to be part of choosing who the prison guards will be and how they will go about their duties. There has been a lack of discipline and--"

"Am I hearing that you want protection for the prisoners?" Cleon interrupts, before scoffing. "That would be a waste of your time and energy. When they choose to break the law they lose their right to protection. They deserve whatever the prison life has to offer."

"There are innocent people in those cells who have been assaulted and harassed," I snap at him, and he laughs.

"Innocent? Then why are they there? Clearly, they have broken some law enforced by your father."

"My father is dead," I remind him, and my words cause the members to shift around uncomfortably, or avert their gazes. "Therefore, his laws are dead and we will re-evaluate everyone's sentences."

Cleon slams his hands to the table as he stands, making me jump.

"You continue to defy your father even after his passing? Have you no respect for anything King Valerio did? Wasn't betraying him enough and now--"

Suddenly, Leonidas appears beside the man causing him to yelp in his startle as he falls back into his chair.

"Councilman, the only reason I haven't threatened your life is because it lies in the mercy of your Queen's hands, but if you disrespect her again I promise to rip your tongue from your mouth, understood?"

Cleon trembles as Leonidas towers over him, though he still appears calm and poised despite his evident irritation with the man.

"Yes, your Majesty," he submits, and exhales a breath after Leonidas returns to his place beside me. "My apologies, your Highness."

"I believe your zeal for justice is something that will make citizens from both Kingdoms more comfortable and confident in this time of transition, Queen Axelia," Persues chimes in, and the rest of the members agree.

"What else did you have in mind?" Farouk inquires, and despite is broody and intimidatingly authoritative disposition, he appears highly amused with a ghost of a smile still tugging at his lips.

"Effective immediately, I want Cleon off the council and replaced by a Cadomian who is more open-minded and unbiased," I declare.

Atticus, Narine, and Makar, my other Cadomian council members, struggle to hide their relief while Cleon's face reddens like a tomato and fists clench.

"Who will replace him?" Leonidas asks, resting his chin on his clasped hands as he glances at me.

"Ereni," I disclose, and smile when Cleon opens and closes his mouth struggling to swallow his furry about bring removed and replaced by a woman.

Leonidas quirks a brow at the man, reminding him of what's to come if he even so much as utters a bitter word.

"Your Highness, does Ereni know anything about being on a council?" Perseus asks, and he reminds me of my last matter.

"No, but starting tomorrow I want you to train her alongside one other," I reply, and everyone exchanges looks of confusion for a moment.

"Who?" Leonidas wonders what they're a thinking.

"Alec."

My fellow Cadomians remain confused until one of them remembers him from our wedding ceremony while the Reriman council tap their chins and gaze up at the ceiling in thought.

Even Leonidas seems at a loss for words as he mulls over the idea, which is the only reaction that worries me.

I still don't know his feelings or plans about Alec's future, but if it is for him to become heir to the Reriman throne it will be good for him to train under the council.

And if not, the boy is honorable enough to help serve in this way for the Kingdom. He won't flourish washing Leo's clothes and maintaining his position as a head butler for the rest of his life.

"King Leonidas?" Farouk quirks a brow, encouraging him to address my decision.

The crease between Leo's eyebrows smooth out as he straightens his posture, glancing over at me only a moment before shifting his gaze to the council.

"Cleon, you are relieved of your duty on this council. Tonight you are to return to your home in the Cadomian village," he begins. Then he releases a long sigh, running his tongue along the back of a fang. "Perseus, you will be responsible for Ereni's training as our Queen decided--"

"As for Alec?" Perseus interjects, smirking at the sound of a faint rumble that emits from Leo's chest.

Maybe I went too far involving Alec. It truly seems like a good idea and has been one under my consideration since the time I got to spend with him and Elytis.

But what if Leonidas has other--

"Alec will shadow Farouk until his next birthday. Then he will start his training as a member of the council," he answers.

My lips part in a moment of shock and my heart begins to pound when I notice the Reriman council members express even greater surprise as their jaws drop and they whisper into each other's ears.

All the while, Leo's gaze fixates to a random spot on the table, his eyes and expression absent of emotion.

"That will be all for today," Farouk rises from his seat as he addresses the room, and I stare in awe as the Reriman council vanish in forms of dust, fire, and one to a butterfly that lands on Farouk's shoulder.

Once the Cadomian council have gathered their things and made an exit, Leonidas, Farouk, the butterfly whose name is, Karim, and I are all who remain.

"Queen Axelia," Farouk approaches me, "I must say your ideas are refreshing and for your first meeting as a Queen you handled yourself exceptionally."

"Th-thank you," I stammer, feeling a validation similar to one only my father could ever give me before.

I stand and shake his hand which is nearly triple the size of my own

He smiles and then turns his attention to Leonidas who hasn't budged which causes me to twiddle my fingers and nibbling on my lower lip.

"Leonidas, you worry your Queen," he says as he leans against the table and crosses his arms.

Blinking back to reality, Leonidas frowns and combs a hand of fingers through his hair before sitting back in his seat to look at us.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" he asks, and his eyes soften becoming innocently doughy which relieves a bit of my anxiety.

"Nothing yet," Farouk chuckles. "But now that I have your attention, there is news I need to share."

"Should I go?" I wonder, not wanting to intrude since I already feel like I've perhaps crossed a line.

"No," Farouk shakes his head, "this is information for both of you regarding King Davian."

Leo's father.

"During your fight with Valerio, he poisoned your wings, paralyzing them, no?" he asks Leonidas who nods and furrows his eyebrows in concern.

"Was his father poisoned? Is that why he triggered?" I wonder, hoping so for the sake of his father's reputation.

"No, unfortunately my investigation came to a much different conclusion," he answers before encouraging me to take a seat.

"Axelia, your father was mistreating your mother and was unfaithful in their marriage. In her rage, your mother planned to poison Valerio at the ball and when King Davian heard of all that had been going on and of her plans it brought him distress...

...Both of your parents had been dear friends and strong allies for many years, so at the ball he was upset, troubled and when he saw the two of you getting along so well he worried what Queen Hedvika's decision would do to you. It depressed him, and--"

"His trigger emotion is--" Leonidas pauses, "--was depression."

Farouk nods with a sigh and meets my eyes.

"King Davian attacked Queen Hedvika to save Valerio because it was originally Valerio who thought to marry you, Axelia, to Leonidas. If he had killed Valerio instead, your mother would have perhaps relocated to another region and remarried which would have separated you from Leonidas entirely. We believe King Davian had hope that his friend would know of his heroism and honor it by your marriage."

All this time, Leo's father wanted what was best for us.

"Did Valerio use the same poison on my wings?" Leonidas wonders.

"Yes. Cassius had the poison tested. It was only strong enough to paralyze your wings but it would stop any human's entire nervous and circulatory systems."

"Where did they get it from?" I frown, worried that someone else-- like a rioting group of Cadomians could get their hands on it.

"We aren't certain, but the poison carries a distinct scent that--" he trails off and grits his teeth as though he's said too much.

"That what?" Leonidas rises from his seat and it's the first time I've seen him glare at Farouk.

"When we were at the Royal Court's palace, I caught the same scent from one of the Princesses, but it could have been on the others too and I just didn't realize--"

"Which Princess?" Leonidas inquires, as veins begin to darken under his eyes, along his neck, and up his forearms.

"Leonidas," Farouk notices the same, and when his eyes gesture to the veins, Leonidas glances at his arms and closes his eyes to take a few breaths that make the veins fade.

"It was the one who attacked him, wasn't it?" I piece together the puzzle, and although Farouk seems surprised that I know of that situation, he nods.

"I also made an enemy of her father," Leonidas adds, to which Farouk scrunches his face insinuating something different.

"He wasn't the only King from their region you made an enemy of that night," he discloses with a nervous chuckle and then clears his throat when Leonidas glares at him. "I was going to wait to share this after your honeymoon, but Perseus insisted I do it sooner so that you don't let your guard down while away from the Kingdom."

Wise.

Although, now I feel like we will be spending our honeymoon looking over our shoulders.

It's all I can think about as I stroll through the castle beside Leonidas, who hasn't spoken a word since we left the council room.

I wish I knew what he was thinking but for once I'm actually nervous to ask.

What if he's upset with me?

"Axelia," he pauses his stride causing me to stumble and bump into his arm.

"S-sorry," I stutter, quickly putting a foot of space between us and locking my gaze to the floor as the fingers of my hands attack each other.

"Are you worried about what Farouk said or is it me making you so nervous?" his voice softens as he steps towards me.

"Both," I murmur.

"Forgive me. Council meetings have a tendency to stress and sometimes frustrate me. We've just been through so much, it upsets me that someone like Cleon and those rebelling against our marriage are so bothersome," he sighs. "We might not even get to enjoy a honeymoon without our lives being at stake."

Sorrow bleeds through his voice and when I meet his frail eyes I can't help but wrap my arms around him in a tight hug.

"Everything is going to be fine," I speak into the fabric of his suit, while allowing the scent of his musky, birch cologne to soothe my nerves. "I don't care that we have more enemies. They have no idea what we're capable of."

"So you still want to travel for our honeymoon?" he wonders, tilting up my chin and meeting my eyes.

This man.

"What do you want, Leonidas?"

Smiling, he leans down and places a soft, chaste kiss on my lips before pulling away to meet my gaze again. "To be alone with you, away from the world and our titles," he answers.

"Then, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading my book Royal Renegade!

This is the last chapter.

Would LOVE your feedback on the story as a whole. This will help me develop a stronger sequel.

1) Which characters were your favorite and why?

2) Were there too many characters?

3) Which side characters would you be interested to see more of or learn more about?

4) Whose point of view did you prefer reading?

5) Which scene(s) stood out to you the most?

6) Were there any scenes or pieces of the plot you wanted to see more of?

7) Did all of your questions get answered? If not, what are your questions?

8) Did you laugh or cry at all?

9) Was there too much action?

10) Did you find anything about this story cliche?

11) What would you want to see in a sequel?

12) Did you like the gifs?

13) Will you remember this story?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

52.3K 1.8K 50
"Mama!" "Bébé courir!" (Baby run!) The woman screamed in French at her child to run away, the young girl looking at her mother with tears in her eyes...
4.1M 131K 41
I flinch as his hand reaches to my face, and aggressively pulls down the cloak from my head. He surveys my tear stained face and jewelry all the way...
ROYAL BLOOD 👑 Por masmonaa

Ficción histórica

1.1K 75 30
"What in the world are you doing here?" His voice was stern, tinged with annoyance. "You should not have come. It's too dangerous." Elara stepped clo...
Rivals Por SmilerXO

Ficción histórica

46.2K 2.5K 15
[COMPLETED] Across all nations, only one kingdom stood greater and stronger than the others. The kingdom of Adaresa. The king of Adaresa, King Marlan...