Connecting the Dots (Shane Ma...

By chillsushi

You didn't connect shit... ...I've connected them! ~Ratings~ #1 in the shanemadej tag! #1 in Buzzfeed Unso... More

1
2
3
4
5
6- Winchester Mystery House
7- Mexico City
8- The Island of the Dolls
9- The Sallie House
10
11- The Whaley House
12
13- The Haunted Decks of the Queen Mary
14
15- The Ghosts and Demons of Bobby Mackey's
16
17- The Harrowing Hunt for Bigfoot
18
19- Waverly Hills Sanatorium
20- Waverly Hills pt. 2
21
22- Dauphine Orleans Hotel
23
25
26
27
28
29- Vulture Mine
30- Goatman's Bridge
31- Eastern State Penitentiary
32- Pennhurst Asylum
33
34- Viaduct Tavern
35
36- Colchester Castle
37
38
39- The London Tombs
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50- Mothman
51- The Bellaire House

24

1.5K 31 27
By chillsushi

We've been back in California for almost a month now, mostly filming Post Mortems, releasing the last of the paranormal episodes, and getting ready to film the true-crime season.

I'm sitting at my desk going over a call sheet when someone walks over, I recognize him from around the office and I'm pretty sure I've actually been in a couple videos with him.

"Hey Sophie!" He says, shit I think, what's this guy's name...

"Hey!" I say, he laughs,

"Matt," he says,

"Right! Yes, I remember. Sorry about that," I say, he shakes his head,

"Don't even worry about it."

I take a second to look him up and down, he's got a pair of nice glasses, and a really good sense of style. Not to mention he's pretty tall, I wonder for a second if he's as tall as Shane.

"Anyways so I was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch?" He asks. I'm a little surprised. I'm pretty sure I've never said more than two words to this guy. I look around, unfortunately, Shane's not around and Ryan has a pair of headphones in so there's no one to witness the moment.

"Umm, ok! Yeah, sure," I don't have the heart to say no, but he honestly does seems like a nice guy so I figure might as well make the best of it. The two of us walk to the same coffee spot Shane and I often visit and grab food and I actually have a really good time.

From that point on we start hanging out more and more often, it's actually kinda nice to have a friend outside of the Unsolved crew. I love them but sometimes I worry I spend too much time with all of them.

About 2 weeks after our first lunch Matt asks me out, like on a date out. At first there is a part of me that feels wrong saying yes, but I can't figure out why, so I decide it's just my typical over-thinking and go anyways. The date is kinda amazing and within one more week we're official. Pretty much the same time the first episode of the Unsolved True crime season drops.

I'm walking with Shane through the office almost 3 weeks later, talking about the last few True Crime episodes we have to film when Matt comes up. (In case you were wondering, he isn't quite as tall as Shane. Which was a fact I was sorta disappointed to realize). The two are not exactly friends, but they put up with each other, or rather I make Matt put up with Shane because Shane is one of my best friends.

"Hey babe," Matt says, I kinda hate when he calls me babe, not only does it remind me of that guy from New Orleans who totally creeped me out, but it feels... I dunno weird? It's no big deal though I know Matt likes the pet name.

"What's up?" I ask, Shane and I stop to talk to him, Matt nods at Shane and I can practically feel the fake smile Shane gives him in return. I really need to do something about their issues with each other.

"I was thinking that tomorrow afternoon you could shoot something for me? I had this idea with a buddy to-" he starts, but stops when he sees me scrunch up my nose, "What?" he asks.

"I'm shooting Unsolved tomorrow afternoon remember?" I say, he sighs,

"Right, no yeah I remember..." He says, I kinda glance at Shane and I think he gets the hint.

"I'll catch up with you later Sophie!" He smiles and walks off.

"I'm sorry Matt, I can do another day?" I offer, he nods.

"You're almost done with Unsolved right? It takes up all your time, I never see you," he says,

"Well yeah we're almost done with this season..." I say.

"Ok... ok that's great. We'll figure out another day. I'll see you tonight?"

"Yup!" I say, kissing him on the cheek and then going back to my desk.

"Is he pissed?" Shane asks. I hadn't expected him to press the matter.

"Oh, uh no... no he's not mad. He's just upset, he feels like I'm always busy with Unsolved so I never see him," I explain. Shane laughs,

"Doesn't he come by your apartment like every night?" He asks, I laugh a little awkwardly,

"Yeah, I guess.. I dunno Shane..." I say.

"Sophie do you even like this guy?" he asks.

"Yes!" I say, it's not the first comment Shane has made about Matt but it's definitely the most direct, "First of all, I've only been with him for a couple of weeks. I do like him, I just need to get to know him better. Second of all, it would be really helpful if you could seem the least bit happy for me!" I say, trying not to raise my voice. We are still in the office after all. Shane laughs and stands up, walking to the elevator. I scoff,

"Shane!" I follow him onto the elevator, "Do you see what I mean? What do you have against him? He's a good guy!"

"Sure, he's great Sophie," Shane says, I sigh.

"Why can't you just be happy for me!"

"Because you're not even happy for you!" He says, raising his voice slightly. I take a step back, confused.

"What does that even mean?" I ask, the elevator doors open and Shane steps out onto another floor.

"I have a project I need to work on," he says, I groan,

"Shane-" I call after him but the elevator doors are already closing and I don't want to cause a scene. I don't know what Shane is talking about. Matt does make me happy...

...

I feel bad for not being able to shoot Matt's video so we decide to go on a walk that evening through downtown L.A. Matt brings a couple of his friends, and even though I don't know them very well it's actually a lot of fun. We get dinner with them and then just stroll through town a little. Plus we get some stupidly adorable pictures. 

Sophie's Insta

sophiemc: swipe to see how Matt really feels about me...

Tagged; @ MattKoda

user1: Adorable! A perfect couple!!

MattKoda: Ewww dislike! 

sophiemc: @MattKoda Disgusting!

user2: I'm like... pretty sure that their comments are sarcastic but like... what if?

user3:  I don't ship it. 

ryanbergara: Matt's just saying what we're all thinking... lmao jk jk 

chrismccarthy: Lovely!

user4: anyone else feel likes she's just rebounding cause Shane rejected her?

user5: @user4 Shane rejected her!?

user4: @ user5 Welll no... not that we know of, but I would not be surprised if he did!

user6: I can't tell if people actually like this relationship or??? also where is Shane's comment... definitely sus. 

view 256 more comments... 

Back at my apartment that night we watch a movie, but once it's just me and Matt I don't have so many distractions and I can't stop thinking about the fight Shane and I go into. Shane and Ryan have teased me since I started dating Matt, but Shane's comments always seemed a little more loaded than Ryan's and now I know why... I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I wanted to get pictures with Matt to prove to Shane that I am happy with him but I don't know why I feel like I need to prove that in the first place. 

"What's wrong babe?" Matt asks, he can tell I'm distracted. I decide, since he is my boyfriend, I should just be honest with him.

"Shane and I got into an argument," I say, stopping myself before explaining what the argument was about... maybe honesty was the wrong move. Too late now. 

"Really? What about?" Matt asks, totally pulled away from the movie at the mention of Shane. 

"He thinks... he thinks I'm not happy," I start, oh god, Sophie don't say it, you don't always have to be honest! "Like... with you," I finish. Dammit. 

"What the fuck?" Matt asks, "Who does he even think he is?" 

"I'm not mad at him, I just wish he was happy for me- or uh, us!" 

"He never liked me," Matt shakes his head, "Look, as long as you're happy who cares what he thinks." I nod... I care, I care what he thinks. This time I have the sense enough to say that. 

"I'll talk to him tomorrow, I'm done with this-"  Matt continues, 

"No!" I interrupt him, he looks taken aback by how opposed I am to the suggestion, "No, you uh... you don't have to do that," I say, trying to sound more casual and not as psycho as I probably just came off.  

"Come on babe, he needs to know-"

"Matt he's fine, like I said I'm not mad at him. I'll talk to him. You don't have to worry about it," I say. Matt sighs but agrees and we go back to our movie. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 82 11
"alex turner one shots" requests are open! other socials: tumblr - yourstartreatment instagram - yourstartreatment tiktok - yourstartreatment
110K 1.3K 47
Just some imagines for Male Readers. My old account was deleted so I had to make a new one. #1πŸ…- avaayala (9/27/23) #1πŸ…- insertmalereader (9/29/23)
352K 16.9K 101
"My friend Mark made me join this stupid website... but... do you wanna talk anyway?" Yes, I know there are several stories like this but I really li...
55K 1K 25
Shyan One shots.