Tied Together By Love ✓

By IamMeteorKnight

[Completed] #1 in Romance (05-Jan-21) #1 in India (25-Apr-22) #5 in Humor (25-Mar-21) ❝For the world, it was... More

· i n t r o d u c t i o n ·
· c h a r a c t e r s ·
1| From The Beginning
2| New CEO
3| Wedding
4| Yes or Yes
5| Should I Marry Him
6| Before The D-Day
8| Mission Irritate Her
9| You're Dead
10| Jealous Much
11| We're Young
12| Not Just A Mere Crush
13| She likes Mr Doctor
14| Is he the ONE
15| The Ruler
16| Accusations
17| Prank backfires too I
18| Prank backfires too II
19| Natasha in hospital
20| Your taste, my Cake
21| First kiss
22| Mr Shy is scared
23| Trending Pregnancy news
24| Red Is For The Deal
25| I don't Care about Him
26| The Culprit
27| 30 days of her Leave
28| Him being sorry
29| Drunken Beauties
30| Seduction
31| Accident
32| Voldemort of mom's life
33| Flirting and Jealousy
34| I love you, Idiot
35| Fasting
36| Closer
37| Shrey's Wedding
38| Knowing each other
39| Loving You
40| The Man Dadi loves
41| Stay away
42| Barging through the window
43| Wedding bells, again
44| Will you be my Girlfriend
45| Honeymooning
46| His Birthday
Really??
47| They're married
48| Business Party
49| Strict Rules
50| Life of 3 weeks
51| Anger and Mood Swings
52| Cravings
53| Mehndi
54| Dhruv Weds Natasha
55| Together
QnA
Epilogue
#2 Natasha and Dhruv's story
Bonus Chapter One
Bonus Chapter Two
Bonus Chapter Three
Need Your Suggestion

7| Our Seven Vows

29.9K 1.8K 203
By IamMeteorKnight

Started writing on 23rd May 2020.
Completed on 26th May 2020.
Word count : 2248 words

______________________________

– D I V Y A –

This was going to happen! In a few hours, I would be declared married and will be entitled the title of Mrs. But for Ayaan, there was no such problem. He's going to live his life with the same title.

But, why am I thinking so much?

I'm not a person who would back off after making a decision. At one point, I even thought of backing up. But there was no way to do that as the marriage news of Gupta and Chauhan's heirs was already in the market.

This time both the fathers were at fault. They both were so delighted by the news that they announced our marriage in press, on the day when I went to meet Ayaan to discuss about all this fuss.

I think both the families are crazy!

The nervousness I was experiencing now was killing me. I had never been this nervous! Not even while writing the most important exam of my life. Not even while checking my results. Then, why now?

It would have been better if it was an arranged marriage. But this was neither love nor arranged. For my and his family, it is a love one, but for me and him it's a wedlock.

For me, the most difficult task was to act cheesy and flirtatious with him in front of others. We aren't even love-birds but have to act like one. My God!

I was sitting in front of the mirror in my bridal wear, adoring myself. Today's brides prefer to wear light coloured floral lehengas but I was never interested in such things. At last, the mothers chose the lehenga which was now clung on my body.

The lehenga being heavy was not preferred by everyone, but I liked it! I mean it was good. The maroon-red skirt with heavy embroidery looked breathtaking. I'm not a sort of person who would follow the fashion, but dress I was wearing took my heart.

I've seen many brides and their dresses, but this one made me feel special. But why should I feel special and for whom. No, I'm feeling it for myself! It's alright.

My jewellery, sorry it should be jewelleries, were kissing my neck and my hands perfectly. The diamond studded gold necklace with pearls looked stunning but was way more heavy than it looked. My golden-red bangles covered around six inches of my hands and my wide spread kaleerein were dangerously balanced on my hands.

Till now, I was strengthening myself by saying that everything would be alright. It's just a matter of a day or two.

"Divya!" Hearing Maya's voice, I widened my eyes. I'm gone!

"You?" I asked and she nodded while looking at me. I thought that she won't attend the wedding as she was angry with me.

"You're looking so beautiful and breathtaking." Her mouth opened widely as she gasped while I smiled. "It's so bad of you. You decided to tell me about all this fuss after so many days."

"Actually-" I opened my mouth to take my stand but Maya stopped me.

"Okay." She showed her palm to shut me up. "Explain later. You're not a loyal friend. You thought about telling everything to me a day before your wedding. I mean that's really not fair." She pouted like a child and laughed. Sometimes I wonder if she was a mother of a five year old, or instead she was herself a child.

"Actually, all this happened so suddenly that I had nothing in my mind. I couldn't tell you anything. All these preparations just-"

"It's normal, I know. I've married once and I have the experience." She said and I widened my eyes. The way she said once made my jaw drop.

Once?!

"I literally mean it when I say I have each and every experience. If you want any advice regarding your first night, feel free to contact me!" She smirked. Okay! She has a carefree and open personality, so it's alright for her to speak like this.

"Leave it and see how good you're looking. Just damn beautiful! I mean your dress is gorgeous. And, your necklace and lehenga, they're looking so good. Wait! Where was all this during my wedding? How come I never chose these beautiful accessories and instead took those shitty design? I'm so sad of my choice." She sighed.

What will I do with these gorgeous jewelleries and dresses when this relationship itself is fake?

"But it's your special day. So, I would keep my chatter box shut. Overall, I can say that you're looking like a princess... No, a queen." She explained and I laughed at her silly lines.

"Divya, it's time to go." Mumma came inside the room and said while we both turned our head towards her. I knew there was no way to back off now. Also, my family's happiness lies in this wedding.

It's either do or die!

I stood up from the chair and checked myself in mirror for the last time before adding my name in the list of married women.

After a long walk filled with numerous rituals, I reached the site where I was going to take the seven vows with him. Suddenly nervousness hit my body! Taking a deep breath, I walked forward in his direction. The next three hours were ofcourse filled with a lot of rituals and worshipping.

We both were busy in our own world, not the same one though, and followed the rituals absentmindedly. We were pulled out of our dreams when the priest asked us to stand at our places.

It is the dream of every woman to marry the man she loves. But, for me it was not and could never be the same as I've never been in a relationship.

"Repeat after me son." The priest said, calling out Ayaan. Although I led the first four phera around the holy fire, he started the vows first. I'm not eager to marry him! But something called attitude can't leave me and my body.

In the First Vow he went, "You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children."

My goodness! How could he pronounce those difficult sanskrit and pure hindi words too well? I mean, it was impossible for an an e-grader like him, as I've seen his condition from the time he was four.

Then was my turn, "I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities." Okay, I'm not homely type but if my family's happiness lies in it, then it's nothing to me.

In the Second Vow he went, "Together we will protect our house and children."

Wait! Children? Who's gonna have children with you? I can have children with someone else but not with you. I don't want my genes to mix up with your foolish genes who can't even score one mark in two-optional MCQs. How foolish he is who don't even have one percent luck?

Then I vowed, "I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely."

Who wants his love?

In the Third Vow he went, "May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long."

Ofcourse, we'll grow wealthy and prosperous. But why was this children thing in every vow? Okay, it was just a ritual. Otherwise there was no chance that this carefree hunk would speak something about children.

Then I said, "I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste."

I'll be a donkey if I fall in love with him! And, any other man has nothing to do with me as I'm not the one who could easily be attracted by someone.

In the Fourth Vow he went, "You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children."

Children and ours? Hahaha! If I have children, they'll obviously be noble and obedient, unlike you because they would be carrying my genes.

Then I pledged, "I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can." Every way I can? I mean, it's a really big no.

In the Fifth Vow he took the lead and went, "You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you."

'Good bless me!' This is the first thing you've said right.

Then came my turn, "I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes."

All his wishes? Really? He had to make so small promises and me? I had to say a dozen of pledge.

In the Sixth Vow he went, "May you be filled with joy and peace." Yeah, that's what I wish too.

And I said, "I will always be by your side."

In the Seventh Vow he went, "We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity."

Okay we are husband and wife but what is eternity? A human can live for maximum one-hundred-and-ten-years. And, he's saying eternity? Wait! He won't be knowing the meaning of eternity, so that's normal for him.

And at last I said, "As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever." Wife! Honor is alright, but love and cherish?

The pledging came to end when we sat down for the rest of the customs left. I'm so tired. Sigh!

××

The wedding was finally over and I was feeling extremely tired. I wanted to do nothing but rest, but nevertheless, it was not possible. The time for vidai finally came and all my relatives came in the room.

They started crying as hard as they could, as if it was my funeral! Mumma and all the female members of the family started to cry and I felt irritated by their act.

When I didn't follow what they were doing, mumma asked me— why wasn't I crying?

I mean I'm sleepy, how can I think of something else and cry mindlessly. After that day I've never cried for anything, so how can I cry now. "Mumma, but I'm not feeling like crying. Then why should I?" I politely confessed.

"But it's necessary for the bride to cry during her vidai, you know." Mumma stopped crying in an instant and said. Such a natural actor she is! Why can't they understand that tears come by themself, we cannot force them to flow.

"I can't." I said. An idea came to my mind and I walked towards the drawers, "Wait a minute." I shouted and took out the small bottle from the topmost drawer. I pressed the bottle and took a drop in each of my eye.

"Eye drops?" Mami shouted.

"It's better if I cry. You want mangoes, then why to care about the kernels. Be happy with your mangoes." I said with a straight face. When everything was over, it was almost five in the morning. Such a tiring activity! I wanted to sleep but I couldn't. Why?

Because there are many more customs which are yet to be performed. HEY BHAGVAN!

×× ××

– A Y A A N –

I'm finally married!

Such a long day it was. I had to attend various rituals. Moreover, sitting in a single position was extremely tiring and made my butts numb. But it was all worth it! My handsome self was happy as I always dreamt for this day. I couldn't even express my happiness in words.

When I was sitting in the mandap, I couldn't help but steal glances from Divya. So beautiful she is! But today, it was totally undescribable.

I've attended my cousins' wedding which was almost around fifteen or sixteen in number. In all the weddings I was from the groom's side. I've noticed their brides and the brides' costumes. But today it was totally different and amazing.

It just can't be expressed in words. I've never seen her in the traditional (bridal) outfit but after seeing it, I'm regretting it. Where was I all these years?

The wedding was completed at around four in the morning. After taking some rest we drove back to home. The whole ride was in a pin drop silence. As soon as we stepped in the car, Divya wiped her tears and brought back her normal face expression— which is always arrogant.

After the forty minutes ride, we both were welcomed by a grand entry. I'm their original son, they've never done something like this for me. But now they got a daughter and have became so attached to her that they've forgotten their own gene.

Someone save innocent victims like me!

The entire day went in worshipping and resting. We both were shifted in two different rooms for taking rest. According to my parents, they couldn't trust us. Little did they know the reality. My body was so happy as I had never been this tired as I was now.

Then followed our reception where we both were introduced to many of the unwanted and irritating guests, as 'newly married so-in-love couple'.

As Divya was descending the stairs, my precious eyes unconsciously went towards her. It was the first time I saw her happy-smiling self. Everytime I had seen Divya, her face was always in a serious mood or we could say like someone who-has-nothing-to-do-with-others.

Almost everyone attended the party. All the shareholders, business friends, relatives, my long distanced uncles and aunties, and even their relatives were also present. All these were arranged by my euphoric-teenage mom and my sweet-yet-salty dad.

Everyone was appreciating the new bride and her mother-in-law, as if I had nothing to do in this marriage. I mean no one can marry alone. They need a partner and that partner for her is me. Then, why all of them were giving this so-called attention just to Divya?

After a long tired day plus evening, came the most important time in a newly married couple's life.....

Wedding night!

*****

TIED TOGETHER BY LOVE 💍

Precap : Mission Irritate her

Thanks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 7.4K 28
"To the heartbeat that quickens at your touch, a melody only our souls can truly dance to..." IZHAAR: Sanity to my Insanity and Peace to my Chaos. (B...
2.7M 124K 31
~Glimpse~ "Dusro ki Cheezo ko Lena, Acchi Baat Nahi Hoti hai Bai sa." She looked back and my eyes met those Beautiful Orbs, A small frown spread on h...
4.6M 210K 78
Are you looking for a cute romantic full of LOVE and a little bit of drama in a Arrange marriage? Here is your stop... Come with me to know how they...
3.6M 130K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...