Connecting the Dots (Shane Ma...

By chillsushi

You didn't connect shit... ...I've connected them! ~Ratings~ #1 in the shanemadej tag! #1 in Buzzfeed Unso... More

1
2
3
4
5
6- Winchester Mystery House
7- Mexico City
8- The Island of the Dolls
9- The Sallie House
10
11- The Whaley House
12
13- The Haunted Decks of the Queen Mary
14
15- The Ghosts and Demons of Bobby Mackey's
16
17- The Harrowing Hunt for Bigfoot
19- Waverly Hills Sanatorium
20- Waverly Hills pt. 2
21
22- Dauphine Orleans Hotel
23
24
25
26
27
28
29- Vulture Mine
30- Goatman's Bridge
31- Eastern State Penitentiary
32- Pennhurst Asylum
33
34- Viaduct Tavern
35
36- Colchester Castle
37
38
39- The London Tombs
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50- Mothman
51- The Bellaire House

18

1.6K 38 36
By chillsushi

* Fluff chapter alert!!! Ahhh I love this, hope you guys enjoy, lmk in the comments and maybe I'll try to pile on some more fluff in the coming chapters ;)

We're only back in L.A for two weeks, but we're planning on finishing the desk videos off over the course of that time and then we're spending a whole week traveling to finish off our location episodes so we have a busy month ahead of us.

I'm sitting at my desk the Monday after getting back from Willowcreek when Ryan comes over and frowns,

"Where's Shane?" he asks, I look up from my computer and look over at Shane's desk. I hadn't realized that his bag isn't even there.

"huh, I dunno that's weird," I check my watch, "he's usually here by now."

"Yeah," Ryan starts, but he's interrupted by Devon calling him over, "maybe call him? I gotta go!" He says, turning and going to meet her. I look over at Shane's desk again and decide I should probably check in on him. I pull out my phone and dial his number,

"Hello?" He answers, his voice sounds scratchy and weak.

"Jesus Shane did you die?" I ask,

"I think so," he responds, "I think I got sick from being out in the rain all day at Willowcreek."

"Oh right, that would make sense, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Well I've got a fever and a sore throat mostly, and as I'm sure you can tell, I'm losing my voice,"

"Yeah I can tell, you already called in sick?"

"Yeah," he starts coughing on the other side of the phone.

"You sound like shit..." I say and he laughs.

"Thanks,"

"Look I've gotta get back to work but I'll swing by afterward and bring you some dinner?" I offer,

"You don't have to do that, I wouldn't wanna get you sick or anything-" He starts,

"I'll be there at 7!" I say and hang up before he can protest any more. I turn back to my work and push Shane out of my head, something I've found is becoming increasingly difficult lately.

...

I pull up in front of Shane's apartment at 7:15 and buzz for him to let me in.

"You're late," Shane says jokingly into the intercom, I laugh,

"I was getting supplies," I say, the lock clicks and the door opens. I jump on the elevator and head to Shane's door, knocking once I'm outside it. He pulls it open,

"Jesus! You look even worse than you sound!" I say, he laughs and steps aside to let me in,

"What did you bring holy crap?" Shane asks, looking at the grocery bag full of stuff I've got.

"Well," I say setting it down on the counter, "We've got a lot of shit going on these next few weeks and I wanted to make sure you're feeling 100% so," I start pulling things out of the bag, "we've got some NyQuil Severe, Throat Soothing Tea, I got some honey just in case you don't have any, it really helps with sore throats, uhh... oh yeah! I brought you chicken pot pie, I know everyone always goes for soup as the go-to sick food but chicken pot pie is way more comforting in my opinion I dunno-" I hear Shane laugh and realize I'm rambling. He's sitting on the counter next to all the stuff I've brought and smiling at me.

"What?" I ask, pulling out a packet of cough drops, Shane just shakes his head, still smiling. "Oh, I got soup too just in case!" I say, pulling that out too. Shane laughs again,

"Thank you Sophie," He says, he's smiling at me and all of a sudden I feel weird, in a good way? I think?

"Yeah," I say, trying to act normal, "no problem." I grab the pot pie and go around the counter to heat it up. Shane jumps down from where he was sitting and comes to help. I laugh,

"You're not supposed to be helping! You're sick," I say, Shane shakes his head,

"I'm helping, you can't stop me," he says. I smile.

Sophie's Insta Story

Shane and I sit down on his couch once the pot pie is done and eat it while watching vine compilations. Shane is eating it straight from the pie tin, while I'd grabbed a small slice and put it on paper plate. 

"At least you've got an appetite!" I laugh as he digs into it. He nods, 

"I'm already feeling better," He says, 

"Oh well than I did all this for nothing!" I joke, he laughs and shakes his head, 

"No no no! You cured me!" He laughs,

"I dunno about cured, you still look like shit," I say, Shane acts offended and I laugh. We joke around a little more and Shane finishes almost the whole pot pie. I clean up and ask if he wants me to make him tea. 

"That would be amazing!" He says, starting to get up from the couch, 

"Don't even move Madej! I can make tea on my own, stay put," I say. He laughs and raises his arms in surrender, 

"Ok ok!" He says. I see him pull the blankets tighter around himself and get comfortable. I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and pull it out to see that my Instagram DMs are going crazy. Well... not crazy but I just never get DM's so seeing 20 notifications is... surprising to say the least.  

"Shit," I never turned off notifications for them because I never really thought I'd get DM's from fans, I didn't even have that huge of a following, Shane and Ryan got most of the attention and I was totally fine with that. I open insta and quickly scan the DM's I've gotten.

user1: ahhh are you guys like... official?? Living together??? 

user2: Making him cook when he's sick... damn 

user3: New Season!!! You guys are filming it!!! AHHH I LOVE YOU

user4: What a cute lanky boy. 

user5: My man is sick!! Nooooo

user6: You know the fans ship it! Shophie? Sane? Idk we don't have a ship name yet...

user7: seriously...? I'm literally begging you to stop using the boys for clout. So annoying. 

user8: can you tell him I love him please. 

I ignore them and go to turn of my notifications... I knew that the boys had loyal fans but it feels weird to have people DMing me about Shane. Some of them are really nice, I know there are always two sides of a fandom, the amazing side and the not so amazing side. My DM's seem about evenly balanced at the moment. I shake my head and decide not to think into it too much. It was just a stupid Instagram story anyways. 

The kettle screams and I pull it off the stove, pouring Shane a cup of tea and steeping it for him. When I get back to the couch he seems tired, I pass him the tea and he thanks me, yawning through it. 

"Alright, you should get some sleep! I'll head out-" I start ,

"You can stay," He says, "uhh for a little longer. If you want. I'm not that tired I figured we could just watch a movie or something I dunno." I smile, I guess he doesn't want to be left alone feeling like shit. Which is understandable.

"Ok, yeah we can watch something," I say, climbing onto the couch next to him. He passes me some of the blanket but we stay pretty far apart, I don't want to catch whatever he's got. We end up just watching Frazier instead of a movie. A couple episodes in I notice that Shane's fallen asleep on the couch. I smile and grab the empty tea mug, going to wash it off and clean up the kitchen a little bit. I leave all the sick-day supplies in a neat little arrangement and then remember I left one last thing in the bag. I pull out a tub of icecream. It's a little melted by now but I just stick it in the freezer. I grab a post it note and leave it next to all the stuff. 

Feel better, I've got one more thing for you. Check your freezer :) - Soph 

Then I carefully head out, closing the door quietly behind me and heading home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522K 4.9K 36
|Originally published in 6/13/19| |Republished in 6/15/19| Γ—RanksΓ— #15 in SallyFaceFanfics 6/14/19 #146 in SallyFace 6/16/19 #2 in Nockfell 6/27/19 ...
13.6K 314 11
"Explain to me right now Madej!" "Look. I'm not here to hurt you..." [platonic relationships] [demonic possession] [Started April 23rd 2019- Finishe...
ghosts By cosmo

Fanfiction

22.7K 439 30
"Who are you and how did you get in my house?" By this point, I looked more human than ghostly. "I'm a ghost." I spoke. "Oh really? Then, if you're a...
352K 16.9K 101
"My friend Mark made me join this stupid website... but... do you wanna talk anyway?" Yes, I know there are several stories like this but I really li...