"The X-Advisors..."

By regertz

In a slightly AU Big Bang Theory 2017, Leonard's and Sheldon's former college advisors come to Cal Tech lock... More

"The X-Advisors..." Part I
"The X-Advisors..." Part III...
"The X-Advisors..." Part IV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part V...
"The X-Advisors..." Part VI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part VII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part VIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part IX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part X...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XIV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XVI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XVII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XVIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XIX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXIV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXVI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXVII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXVIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXIX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXIV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXVI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXVII...
"The X-Advisors... Part XXXVIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXIX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XL...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLIV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLVI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLVII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLVIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part XLIX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part L...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LIV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LVI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LVII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LVIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LIX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXIV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXV...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXVI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXVII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXVIII...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXIX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXX...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXXI...
"The X-Advisors..." Part LXXII...

"The X-Advisors..." Part II...

16 0 0
By regertz

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: The arrival of Leonard's and Sheldon's embittered former advisors and Amy's worst rival since her sister went off her meds threatens disaster for the gang...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part II...

"I've seen the world...Done it all...Had my cake now..." the tall singer in sequined gown at the back of the hall began her ballad, her band playing as the crowd swirled round...

Cal Tech...Department of Physics reception for distinguished visiting professors Dr. Francis N. Stein and Dr. Xavier Francis...

Two lions of Physics, inches away from Nobels...

Indeed, some would say from the same Nobel...

Penny in black gown, hair plied, rather delighted by Leonard's eagerness...

"Diamonds, brilliant...And Bel Air now. Hot summer nights, mid July. When you and I were forever wild...The crazy days, city lights...When you would play with me like a child..." the singer continued.

Pleased to have finally gotten him into a suit other than corduroy, beaming at him in his rather spiffy rented tux...Though he had actually been quite willing having explained that the reception would have a certain old Hollywood style theme...

And perhaps, despite having been to a couple of departmental affairs, a bit subdued and nervous...Surprised herself to find herself so...

"Will you still love me? When I'm no longer young and beautiful?" the song's question catching her...

I really want to make a good impression on this guy my Leonard admires so much...

My God, for the first time...I feel like Penny Hofstadter, supportin' my little hobbity physicist at his job.

Scared to death I'll come off as the dumb blonde bovine...As my dear friend Sheldon so charmingly puts it...From Nebraska.

I shoulda worn my "smart" glasses...She confides to Howard as Leonard leaves her for a moment to get drinks and say hello to President Siebert. Howard looking rather well in his own tux and Bernadette positively radiant in gown...Clearly pleased to have a chance to deck out a bit for once.

"Trust me...You have all you need to impress any male in this room." Howard smiled. "Right, Bernie?"

She looking at him...Seeing nothing but a real desire to bolster her...Bernadette smiling reassuringly as well...

"Thanks, guys." She beamed. Listening to the singer at the front of the hall...

Geesh...She and the band are actually good...She noting to Bernadette. "Great in fact...I love that 40s style."

"They were actually Leonard's choice. He asked Gablehauser to let him arrange the band." Howard nodded. "Postmodern Jukebox...He figured they couldn't go wrong with 40s style vintage versions on modern music. One way or the other they have to click with our special guests."

"So that's why he said to dress a bit old-style Hollywood..." she beamed. "He made a terrific choice. They're great...Hey's there's Sheldon! Sheldon!" she waved. "Amy got him in the good suit somehow..." she noted to Bernadette... "Oh my God..." she blinked. Bernadette staring as well...

"Whoa..." Howard blinked...

As, on Sheldon's arm, looking a bit nervous, Amy Farrah Fowler in vintage red and black gown, hair styled to a high side curl in 40s style...High heels. Craning to look for their friends while eagerly glancing over at the band...

Ah...Leonard was not playing a practical joke as did my fellow Neurobiology grad students at our second year mixer when they told me a) I was invited and b) the theme was to go as 18th century scientists attempting to hide from the French Revolution's tribuneral.

Sheldon looking like a cross between a trapped animal...And a trapped animal with his hand caught in a trap...

"Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul?"

Amy staring over...Penny waving eagerly...Amy and Sheldon came over, she stepping carefully in her unfamiliar heels.

"Amy?! You look fantastic...!" Penny gushed, taking her hand...

"Amy...So lovely..." Bernadette agreed, beaming...

"I know you will, I know you will I know that you will...Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?" the song continued...

"Madam..." Howard bowed to her. "Were I as I once was and not enthralled by the goddess on my arm here...May I?" he grinned to Bernadette who gave mock frown then nodded...You may.

"...Wouldst indeed be hitting upon thee, fair Amy."

Sheldon frowning...

"I know...Not for me..." Howard put up a hand, smiling... "Just making sure you know you're a lucky so-and-so, Cooper."

"Doesn't Sheldon look nice?" Amy asked... "I got him to get new shoes to go with the suit. They make the outfit, don't you think?"

"I think you look tremendous." Penny beamed...Looking a bit for the absent Leonard...And for the guests of honor not yet arrived, apparently...

"Will you still love me? When I'm no longer young and beautiful?"

"But the shoes do make the outfit, don't they?" Amy noted, a bit anxiously. Staring round the room as well...

"Where's Leonard?" Sheldon looked round. "I hope he didn't drag me out here to leave me to handle all the formalities."

"Trust me, Sheldon..." Howard noted. "Neither he nor President Siebert would leave you to handle the formalities."

"Amy looks beautiful, Sheldon. Did you tell her that?" Penny eyed him.

Amy, shy smile...Shyer nod...

"Several times coming over..." she beamed at Sheldon...

"Damned about time." Bernadette nodded firmly.

"I'm not going to have to fight anyone, am I?" he sighed. "She being the most beautiful female in the hall tonight..."

Penny...Bernadette...Blinking...

"I know you will, I know you will...I know that you will...Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?"

"What? It is true..." he shrugged. "And all to deflect me from Dr. Susan Stein...Though hardly necessary..."

"Sheldon..." Penny hissed. "She's dressed up for you."

"Naturally...As I am for her...But..."

"There's Raj..." Howard noted. "I'll go get him..." He headed over to the main entrance where Rajesh in suit was entering...Turning back as if to urge someone...

"I see Lucy...He actually managed to get her to come." Bernadette smiled. "That's so neat. She looks great."

Lucy in dress, looking about like Sheldon as to the trapped animal pose...But gamely allowing Raj to lead her along.

"Poor thing looks scared to death...I think I'd better go over and help Raj bring her in..." she noted to the others, moving to join Raj and Howard by Lucy...

"Will you still love me? When I got nothing but my aching soul?"

"Hey guys..." Leonard had returned, bearing two drinks...One of which he passed over to Penny, who rather hurriedly gulped.

"Thanks..." Amy, taking the other from his hand before he could give a befuddled... Hmmn? Downing it in a gulp...

"Little case of the jitters here..." Penny noted.

"Not you, I hope...?" he stared.

"Oh, no...Me? Fine..." solemn nod...

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful? Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?" croon...

"But Sheldon..." Penny eyed him. "I hope you're serious about telling Amy she has nothing..."

"Sheldon's been very reassuring..." Amy quickly insisted before he could protest...

"Sheldon? Reassuring?" Leonard, giving sidelong glance at a frowning...What?...Sheldon...As Howard, Bernadette, Raj, and a somewhat trembling but resolute Lucy joined them.

"Hey, guys..." Raj smiled. "Uh, could we maybe back off a bit...Out of the crowd a little? I'm afraid my mutism might kick up with all these people..." solemn tone.

"Good idea..." You sweet thing you...Penny grinned at him...

"Yeah, it's a bit crowded here..." Leonard agreed...All stepped toward a side wall with Raj in lead, taking Lucy by the hand to a seat.

"What did you mean with that questioning tone, Leonard?" Sheldon frowned. "I'm always reassuring people when their foibles and follies are exposed for all to see."

Howard rolling eyes...

"Besides...She has no reason to worry...I've no interest in Susan Stein whatever her state of pornographic undress..." Sheldon noted.

Penny looking as nervous as Amy...

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?"

"Great band, isn't it? I'm so proud of you, Leonard..." Penny, a bit too blase...

"So they aren't here yet?" Amy asked.

"I think they're with Gablehauser in the hallway..." Leonard offered. "I saw him out there talking to his 'entourage'."

Bernadette chatting with the edgy Lucy, who seemed to be settling down to a reasonably stable condition. Raj gratefully eyeing Bernie as Howard turned to join them...

"So explain to me why the University brought that Captain Picard guy from Star Trek in tonight with your guys?" Penny asked.

"Ah, good eye...But that's Dr. Francis, not Jean-Luc Picard." Sheldon eyed the poster on easel at the entrance on which the faces of the distinguished guests could be seen.

"What?" Penny blinked at the poster... "Your old adviser looks like the guy from Star Trek?" she eyed Leonard...

"With an awful troupee..." Sheldon noted.

"I'll concede the troupee..." Leonard agreed. "But he always thought of himself as more the Ben Kingsley type. I'm going to try and get another drink, does any one...?"

"Keep it coming..." Amy nodded tersely.

"She's not going to get plastered and fight it out with Dr. Stein, I mean female Dr. Stein?...Like me with Wil Wheaton?" Sheldon hissed to Penny...

"Not if you treat her the way she deserves Dr. Cooper." Penny eyed him.

"I know you will, I know you will...I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?"

Glance over where Leonard was pushing his way along to the refreshments table...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 63 8
#18- TBBT (1st June 2021) THE BIG BANG THEORY FAN FICTION SEASON 13 onwards! Hope you like it! Shamy married years! Lenny pregnancy! And much more!! ...
11.7K 171 11
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? Unfortunately for Betty this will be a night she'll never forget, but will she want to? *Barchie fic bas...
165K 4.1K 18
A librarian moves into the apartment building, two levels below Sheldon, Leonard, and Penny. After running into Sheldon and then Penny in the laundry...
5.6K 208 9
- A rewrite of "The Only Exception"- Dr. Elena Díaz is a theoretical physicist at Caltech University just like our Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Both are stran...