When She Was Mine

By HelloImRena

Ryland is about to start her freshman year of college. The summer leading up to her first semester was the wo... More

Part 1- First Day
Part 2- Invisible
Part 3- Promise Me
Part 4- Perfect
Part 5- Before You Exit
Part 6- His First Love
Part 7- High Hopes
Part 8- His Brother
Part 9- Hard to Believe
Part 10- Small World
Part 11- His Warm Embrace
Part 12- Dangerous
Part 13- Criminal Mind
Part 14- On the Radio
Part 15- Already Gone
Part 16- Promise? Promise.
Part 17- The Way He Left Me
Part 18- Different Perspective
Part 19- Don't Leave Me
Author's Note

Part 20- Always Mine

96 3 3
By HelloImRena

We’ve been in the hospital for six hours now and I finally get to see Ryland. Her body lies in the hospital bed, so weak and helpless. I get the courage to finally ask Ryland’s parents if he could have a moment with her alone. Her parents leave the room.

“Ryland,” I try to say with shaky hands. I grasp my fingers around hers and take a seat in the closest chair. I start talking, “Ryland,” I say through the knots in my throat. The tears stream down my face and I don’t care who sees me. I continue, “Baby, I don’t know if you could hear me, but I’m just going to keep on talking, okay? I need you to wake up. Please, Ryland, just wake up. I am so sorry I left you for so long, but I am here now, baby. Please, I’m begging don’t leave me. I can’t afford to lose you. I just got you back and I can’t lose you again. If you can hear me, please Ryland, just give me a sign. Just squeeze my hand, Ryland.” I can barely talk anymore. I try to choke out the words, but I only sound like a telegraph. “Ry-land… no… don’t… you… can’t… leave… me…”

                                                           *************

Riley! Baby! Can you hear me? AHHHHHHHH! Riley, why can’t you hear me? I can’t move my body. Riley please, help me!

I hear him so clearly, but I can’t move. “Ryland, just please give me a sign,” he says. I try to move my fingers, but can’t.

Riley! It hurts so much! Please call the doctor! Riley, why can’t anyone hear me? It hurts, Riley! I don’t want to die!

I love you, Riley.

                                                                *************

I can’t feel her pulse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 332 28
*COMPLETED/FINISHED* Jessica Gonzalez has a dark past. She had seemed to have gotten over it but it still haunts her, day and night. How will she be...
5.4K 269 19
In a horrible house fire, Brendon lost the love of his life, Ryan, and continues seeing and hearing him long after his death. Therefore, Brendon gets...
16.6K 349 25
(Y/n), for some reason, cannot remember anything before the age of five. Her father has died and, as a result, has depression. She starts cutting and...
4.7K 103 15
Riley met his childhood best friend once again in the unexpected way. They grew up together and honestly, the feeling has never gone. Soon becoming a...