The Akira Files Book 2

By Eve066

Takes place after You think I'm a Guy? Akira is sent on a dangerous mission by Danzo, but she's not alone. Wi... More

The Many Adventures of Akira & Co. (Interlude after You think I'm a Guy?)
She's Gone
A Rather Strange Team
One Year
Resolution
Letters
Caught in a Lie
To the Base
Letters Received Part 1
Naruto Returns/ Letters Received Part 2
So...Sai's kinda a Jerk
Nothing Exciting Here.. Just Gai, Being Gai
Kakashi, the morgue and Akira's ghost (apparently)
Um... Sai's a Jerk, Again. I don't actually know what to call this chapter...
Training with Evelyeen
Teammate #2 Found!
Nearly at the end of this interlude thing
Jounin Exams Begin
Jounin Exams Part 2, Akira's Terror
The After Effects
Graveyard, and Kaito's Introduction
Hospital visits and Sai's Betrayal?
Sasuke Shows Emotions But Orochimaru Could Care Less.
The Rest of Akira's Interrogation
16 flashbacks were skipped in the making of this chapter
The Trial
Training the New Team
Boring Chapter #... 10?
Defensive, Over-Protective Akira
Jounin Exam Finale
Sleep Deprivation and Terrible Missions
Vive La Revolution
Pitiful
Reunion
Boring Chapter #2?
Dead Teammate
Girls Night In
What is wrong with Kakashi?
Sakura's Date
Squiggle
Real Estate Hunting
Naruto's Kind of a Jerk

Only 3 major character deaths in this one

8.5K 494 182
By Eve066

Kakashi’s POV

I had left the hokages booth, making way for the leaders of the next candidates, and went to find Akira. I found her sitting with Shikamaru, Asuma, Neji and of all people Hiashi.

“Lord Hiashi.” I greeted turning to the remaining. “Everyone. Akira can we talk?”

She glanced at the now happy baby, before standing slowly. “Sure, what’s up?”

“Follow me.” I said, pushing on my wheelchair. Just two more days and I’m out of this thing.

I led us to a small sitting room off the main stadium, and shut the door behind us leaving the enthusiastic crowd.

“Sounds like someone broke something.” Akira commented.

“Probably.” I agreed, “So… who is this?”

She looked into the sling. “His name is Jitte.”

She would name him after a weapon… “I see. May I?” I asked holding out my arms for my potential grandchild, though I was still praying it wasn’t hers.

She shrugged, moving closer and slipping the sling off her head to pass him to me. I took a shaky breath, steadying the baby in my arms. He was quite the little tank, heavier than most babies.

“How old?”

“Hmm… 2 months now.”

Recent… I moved some cloth from around his face and shoulders. Familiar blue eyes filled with happiness shone back at me.

I feel faint… My gut clenched. Couldn’t be Sai’s…

“Akira, do you by any chance have blue eyed parents?”

“You met them. They’re practically black like mine or Sai’s.” Akira looked at me with concern, before returning her gaze out the window in the door. “It’s like a war down there.”

“I should think so.” I said absentmindedly as I pushed the top of the boys hat back a bit, exposing a patch of blonde hair.

He looks so much like… They couldn’t have though. He was with Jiraiya on a training mission and Akira was practically rogue. Naruto and her couldn’t possibly have met, he swore he hadn’t seen her since the incident.

But the more I stared at Jitte the more I had to admit, they looked identical…

It wasn’t long before Jitte was returned to Akira and we left the facility together. Outside were 5 young chunin, who Akira gravitated towards leaving me to speak with them.

“She’s becoming quite popular.” Asuma said flicking some cigarette ashes to the ground.

“She nearly killed them.”

Asuma choked on his next  breath, recovering with an awkward laugh. “You’re kidding, right?” He asked upon seeing my face.

“I wish… where’d Shikamaru go?”

“Home. Said he’d had enough drama for the day. The Hyuuga's are furious.”

“Somehow that just doesn’t surprise me anymore.” I sighed, and opened my book to the first chapter. I might as well read while I still have some peace and quiet. Naruto’s training starts in a few days.

Sai’s POV

Upon some mild observation, Kakashi seemed miserable the days following Akira’s promotion. While Naruto’s training was making small, almost unnoticeable victories. I doubt anyone would have noticed if the blonde hadn’t made a big fuss over a small cut in a leaf.

We were summoned to the Hokage’s tower with a new mission. We teamed up with Yamato once again as Kakashi wasn’t ready for a mission just yet. Probably best, considering Akira would need help babysitting when I was gone.

Akira was still apprehensive about revealing herself to Naruto, which I was fully supporting. I could see why she liked him... but I’ve also seen the other side of it. I’ve seen her write the letters with dying hopes, I’ve seen her tear herself apart with guilt so great she couldn’t sleep without Evelyeen or I beside her. I’ve watched her rebuild and forget, only to remember a few days later and crumble.

Naruto. I wanted him to be my friend but I also wanted him to remain my enemy. I had so many reasons to hate him but the last mission keeps stopping me. Like Akira said, he’s not a bad person. But I wasn’t about to say it wasn’t his fault.

The mission was straight forward, all we had to do was catch some grave robbers and return home. Naruto of course was whining about his training. I had observed him and I had to admit his stamina and work ethic were admirable. I had even drawn a few pictures of him. I suppose Akira may be happy about that. Or jealous.

We were about to leave Konoha when we ran into Team Asuma and a younger group team, Naruto addressed the boy holding a cat as Konohamaru. While they talked I greeted Shikamaru with a silent nod of the head. He returned it, his eyes narrowed as he tried to analyze me.

“Akira mentioned you are a new comrade.” I smiled.

His eyes shined with recognition. “I forgot she mentioned you.” He yawned, glancing at the others. “Any way you can make her stop visiting me in the early mornings or late nights?”

I thought about it for a moment. “That’s impossible.”

“Figured as much.” The conversation seemed to have stopped before he turned back to me. “Oh and one more thing. Can you keep an eye on Naruto for me, the Akat-”

“Hey!” Ino called. “Come on Shikamaru! You’re going to get left behind.”

“Damn, I’ve got to go. But just keep your guard up.”

He left quickly, walking as far from the scolding woman as possible. Naruto was also wrapping up his conversation with the one called Konohamaru. I glanced around the area, usually Akira would say goodbye before I left.

I noticed a high heel clad foot swinging back and forth in a tree. Ah it seems Evelyeen is back. I glanced at the others. There was no time to say hello, I raised my hand instead and the foot disappeared being replaced by a madly waving hand. Definitely Evelyeen. Maybe Akira sent him because she got tied up with something.

The others had begun walking, and I moved with them as we left Konoha behind and made our way to the rendezvous point.

We waited for a while but when it seemed like they weren’t going to show up, Yamato split us into teams. Sakura and himself, and Naruto and I. Poor choice really.

Akira’s POV

So… Since being home, Kakashi had flipped his lid at least twice and it probably would have been more had he not had to train Naruto. Slowly he was warming up to the baby. Although everyday he’d walk downstairs in some half asleep state and get the same look on his face when he saw Jitte. Then he’d brush his hand through his hair, getting the majority of it off his face before it fell back down, and join us for breakfast.

Today was a typical interrogation day for him. It started with him staring at Jitte who’d always smile and reach for him. Then his eyes would move to me.

“Yes?” I asked.

“How old is he again?” Same initial question, with the same initial answer.

“2 months.”

He wasn’t surprised by the answer anymore. Jitte was big for his age, just at the age he could start moving his head on his own though he still needed neck support. He looked closer to 2 years than 2 months.

“Right… And when was the last time you saw Naruto?”

“A long time ago.” I hated that question.

I’d see Naruto sometimes on our travels, passing him in the streets without him noticing. Luckily I was never recognized by him.

“I see.” Kakashi paused, stirring his cereal. Wording the next question carefully. “Is he yours?”

“He’s family and is my responsibility, so for the time being he is mine.”

“Right.”

It always ended the same way. We’d finish eating, I’d clean up Jitte and by the time Jitte was dressed Kakashi would be summoned off somewhere. Apparently he’d be gone a while though, he had to rendezvous with Jiraiya to watch the Akatsuki’s movements, he left a key for me this time. So that was nice of him.

I took Jitte and the dogs for walks, or I would visit Shikamaru in the afternoons.

He didn’t like when I’d show up in his room at 5am with Jitte in a sling and papers across his floor. His father had caught us more than once and would always drag Shikamaru into the hall. I never heard their full conversation but it seemed pretty urgent and whenever Shikamaru came back, he’d always tell me to stop visiting like this. Grumbling about his mother finding out he had a late night visitor or something. Either way, village defense plans were making some headway and Shikamaru seemed more rested. Luckily for him, as he recently went on a mission to the borders.

Speaking of rested… my team and I had had a late night, Hanabi taught more etiquette lessons on how to approach different officials in the village and they all managed to get the rock to hit their feet. Well, all except Kaito who can now successfully make the rock hover. Along with some branches. And kunai. And himself included.

He really was a handful. Without him realizing it, he’s hovering. Every second of the day, usually it’s not noticeable but when he gets excited he’ll be at least a foot off the ground. When he stands next to Jiodo he’ll automatically hover a good 3 inches more off the ground to compensate the height difference.

Jiodo was doing pretty well in training too, I really had to do more research on Earth style jutsus. He can part the ground to make a tunnel without hand signs but his chakra ends up all over the place and he uses up too much.

I feel like I should start teaching things like forms for taijutsu, but before that I want them to master chakra control. After this climbing trees should be simple, walking on water should be even easier. I’ll have to make sure Kaito doesn’t cheat though.

As for Hanabi, she’s got the forms for her own style down. She’s an expert with Byakugan, but she seems almost bored. Even with my training, she doesn’t seem to be overly enjoying herself. Maybe more one on one training is needed.

I could always cut group training to three times a week instead of five times, have a day without training for myself, and train the kids separately on set days of the week. I was seriously thinking of buying myself a calendar.

On my walk that day I had ended up in front of the academy and curiosity got the better of me. I checked the sling that held Jitte before carefully swinging us into the trees. I found a spot outside the kids classroom and sat down to watch the morning classes.  

“Oh god, I need to fix this.” I looked away, I need to fix this fast.

They were just starting role call. Hanabi obviously wasn’t paying attention, her gaze somewhere between the ceiling and just above the teachers head. Jiodo hadn’t blinked since I got here. Kaito was nowhere to be seen. Oh we’re off to a good start. I rolled my eyes.

Seconds before his name was called Kaito came strolling in looking as peppy as ever. He greeted the class and the teacher before he took his seat. I don’t think I had ever seen someone simply drain of energy from sitting but that was exactly what happened. He was asleep before his bag hit the floor.

Jiodo blinked once about 15 minutes into class, slowly glancing beside him he watched with mild amusement as Kaito slipped off his chair and curled up under the desks for a nap. Jiodo went back to ignoring the teacher and seemed to slip into a comatose state thereafter. Hanabi was holding up well, or so I had thought before I noticed her writing was just squiggles from whenever she jerked herself out of a 15 second nap.

The kids were fading. If this is how they were every day after training I should have intervened earlier. I’d need a babysitter for at least an hour… Shikamaru’s on a mission and Neji was unlikely to help out. Maybe I could get Ibiki and Anko to babysit? They need the baby experience anyways right?

“Hey, Jitte.” I whispered, “Want to meet my Aunt and Uncle?”

He gurgled something similar to agreement, and I left the trees at the Academy entrance. Now to find them.

They weren’t hard to find, still unpacking into their new apartment for three. I smiled. Their baby will be the cutest thing in the world. Aside from Jitte of course. I knock quickly on the door, glancing around and getting an odd look from one of Hinata’s teammates as he hurried to the hokage's office. I can’t seem to remember his name though… Started with a K… Met him once, maybe twice?

The door swung open and Ibiki stood there with a scowl that was quickly replaced with a smile.

“Good to see you too.” I said, looking past him to the boxes. “Still unpacking?”

He rolled his shoulders back, “Anko has a lot of useless junk.”

“It’s not useless!” Anko sang from one of the back rooms.

Ibiki grunted. “So I’m guessing you’re not here for a tour?”

“I would but see I’ve got a very urgent bit of business.”

He looked down at Jitte. “Uh huh.”

“So I was hoping you’d be able to look after Jitte, just for an hour.”

“No.”

“What? Why not?”

“It’s your responsibility. Not ours. I’ve got enough trouble dealing with Anko.”

“What was that?” Anko’s voice dripped malice before changing to delight when she caught sight of Jitte. “Aw, he’s a cutie.”

“Yes, yes he is.” I smiled, giving Ibiki a knowing look.

He shook his head rapidly. A look that read don’t you dare.

“Anko, would you be willing to look after him for about an hour?”

“Sure, we’d love to.”

“No. We. Wouldn’t.”

“I don’t see why not.” Anko replied with her hands on her hips. “It’s only for an hour right?”

“Yep, just put him down for a nap and I should be back before he wakes up.” I explained as Anko led me into the house. “I’d normally leave him with Sai but he’s on a mission. I try not to leave him often.”

“Quite attached aren’t you?” Anko said taking the sling from me gently and putting him into an obviously newly constructed crib.

My hands followed her movements, biting my lip as I hesitated to leave. “Just don’t move him, or wake him. And if he starts crying find my chakra signature. I’ll make sure not to hide it.”

“Yes, yes.” Anko said pushing me to the door. “You have something important to do, don’t you?”

“… Maybe I could take him with me.”

“You wouldn’t have stopped here if you thought you had a choice.” Ibiki said gruffly by the door. “Now get it done, and get back as soon as you can.”

“...” I took one last glance into the room where Jitte lay soundly. “I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

“You’d better tell us why we have to do this after.” Ibiki said, shoving me the rest of the way out the door.

“Sure.” I said before darting off to my house.

I ran into the house discarding my old chuunin vest by the stairs and slowly shedding clothes as I walked to my room. Once in my room, I tore into my closet changing into anbu gear and grabbing my mask, fixing it to my face with chakra.

A quick glance in the mirror and I was out the window, heading back to the academy. I landed outside the window, staring into the classroom from the shade of the leaves. Hanabi was nodding off, Jiodo was asleep with his eyes wide open staring without blinking at the board and Kaito was… Somewhere. I leaned a bit further out of my hiding spot. Ah.. he’s under his desk using his backpack as a pillow.

There has to be a better way to train these kids. I teleported myself to the door of the class just as the lunch bell rang. I reached for the door and slid it open. The children stopped to stare, half opened lunch bags and hurried movements to get outside stopping. My students barely moved.

“Iruka-sensei.” I nodded in greeting. “Hanabi Hyuuga, Jiodo Giri and Kaito Akasugi are excused for the remainder of the day.”

Iruka narrowed his eyes, “For what reason?”

“Do you need a reason?”

“Actually yes I do.” He raised a file of paper handing it to me.

I scanned the contents, chewing my lip. Damn… He got suspicious and brought it up with Tsunade who would love to put a dent into any and all of my plans.

“I understand.” I handed the file back to him. “They are under suspicion of being in contact with a rogue nin and need to be brought in for questioning.”

“What? That’s crazy! They’re just students.”

I kept my voice low, flaring my chakra slightly. “I’m just doing my job.”

Iruka went rigid, his nostrils flaring. “They are my students.”

They’re mine to, I wanted to say. “I have my orders. Hanabi, Jiodo and Kaito outside now.”

They all snapped their heads towards me, as their brains made sense of what was happening.

“Get your things. You won’t be returning today.” I motioned for the door.

Hanabi groggily slid her things into her pack, Kaito wiped the drool from his mouth before dragging his bag and Jiodo slumped towards the door with his things. They made it as far as the threshold before Jiodo collapsed to the floor, to fast for me to do anything. Kaito who was right behind him pinwheeled his arms in an effort to stay upright but eventually lost to gravity and fell on top of him. Hanabi who had remained a few steps behind kneeled on the floor and crashed into them on purpose. All of them refused to move.

I blinked with my mouth open. Really? I glanced at Iruka who had his head in his palm. A sandy haired kid ran over, took one look at my future genin and whispered. “This happens all the time. We normally let them sleep until break is over.”

I nodded slowly, bending down and lifting Kaito’s hand letting it fall. No resistance. I whispered, “If you do not get up so help me I will bury two of you and tie one of you to a flag pole.”

They moved slowly but with good willpower, and made their way to their feet. I watched them trudge out the door, with bleary eyes tripping over uneven floorboards. No more late nights, I decided. My students need sleep. Maybe I could find a way to train them during the day?

Humans are so fragile, upset our sleep balance and we act like this. I watched Jiodo crash into a door frame closely followed by Kaito who promptly tried to smash it only bruising his fist in the process. If people didn’t need sleep we’d be so much more efficient. Or maybe if we could maximize our resting capabilities, minimum amount of sleep with extended periods of peak condition.

I steadied Kaito with one hand as I caught Hanabi with another.

It could work… But I’d rather not test it on kids. I might as well test it on myself first.

I managed to get the kids out of the academy and slowly helped them walk home. We dropped Kaito off first and I explained everything to his mother. She looked so worried but I assured her it was just sleep deprivation. Let him rest a couple days, proper nights sleep and he should be fine. She yanked my ear and dragged me to her level, threatening me as if I had sent her son on an S-rank instead of just training him to much.

Hanabi’s house was next and I explained as nicely as I could to Neji, who saw through my disguise immediately, that Hanabi was in no way shape or form injured or dying. She was just tired.

Neji looked at Jiodo who I had placed on my back, “He’s an orphan isn’t he?”

“No… but his parents aren’t in the village. He’ll be home alone for the rest of the week until the weekend.”

Neji looked over his shoulder as he cradled Hanabi in his arms. “He can stay here.”

“What?”

He rolled his eyes. “He shouldn’t be alone in this state. Hand him over. We’ll let him stay the night.”

“Really?”

“Yes, really. Now hand him over.”

“Thanks, Neji.” I quickly helped Jiodo onto Neji’s back and turned to leave. “I’d help you get him settled but, I’ve got to pick up Jitte.”

“Your kid?”

“Yep. Later Neji.”

Ibiki’s POV

Since Akira left our new household had turned chaotic. A crying baby, a confused Anko and myself rummaging through a box to find two sets of earplugs.

“Why is he crying?” Anko asked, as I handed her some earplugs.

I shrugged, glancing into the crib. Jitte barely took notice, only pausing to take in a new breath of air.

“Well he’s not scared of me.” I looked to the door, looking at the clock. It’s only been 10 minutes… “He probably noticed Akira was gone.”

“Is he at the age where he can know that?”

“No idea. I forget his age.”

She lightly hit my arm, moving around me. “Useless.” SHe mumbled picking him up as she supported his neck. “It’s okay little guy, Akira’s coming back soon.” She cooed.

I shook my head, “He’s not going to understand you.”

“He’s quieter now.” She glared.

“Not quiet enough.” I said turning into the kitchen just as Anko’s chakra flared up behind me.

“And how exactly do you think you’ll handle our own child?”

Is this one of those pregnancy things? I rolled my eyes, turning to look at her. “I’ll handle it just fine. Besides ours might be quieter.”

But then it hit me.

Silence.

The whole apartment was silent. Except for us.  

“Is he asleep?” I asked walking closer.

Anko shook her head, holding Jitte’s hands as her chakra calmed down again. He began crying the minute it fell to a regular level.

“Why is he crying this time?”

“How am I supposed to know?” I asked, getting exasperated.

“Well I thought-” She was cut off by a knock at the door.

Jitte once again stopped crying as the chakra seemed to seep in through the cracks around the door. I opened it and Akira practically flew in, grabbing Jitte out of Anko’s arms gratefully thanking us.

“You guys have no idea how big a help you were.”

“I’m sure.” I rolled my head, staring at Anko before gesturing to Akira. Someone needs to ask and it’s not going to be me.

Anko huffed, crossing her arms before asking, “Is he a sensor-type?”

“A what?” Akira asked, looking between us. “Is that something I should know? Do most people know that? Or is this something that my education just happened to miss?”

“Can the kid sense chakra?” I asked.

She looked at Jitte. “I don’t know. Maybe? Why?”

I glanced at Anko. This may take some more explanation. “He calms down when there are people with large amounts of chakra around.”

“Really? That’s weird. Neither of his parents can use chakra.”

I froze, staring at her. “What?”

“His parents. They can’t use chakra. Though they are pretty strong.” She thought for moment. “Maybe he can sense how strong a person is and goes quiet to protect himself? Or maybe it’s comforting to him?”

“I suppose…” It made no sense to me but Anko seems to get the idea, besides I think I need an hour of rest after dealing with that thing for so long.

“You never did tell us what was so important by the way.” Anko said, moving closer and moving Jitte’s arms as she made silly faces. “What made you rush here so quickly? And uh you realize you’re in an Anbu mask right?”

“Which is illegal by the way.” I mentioned, slumping onto the couch.

“I had to get my students to their houses, they could barely walk after training last night.”

“Ah makes sense.” Anko smiled.

“No. Not ‘makes sense’. Akira. You’re not allowed to have students yet.”

“Don’t worry they're not actually on my team. They still have some academy years ahead of them.”

“You’re training academy students?”

“Yep.”

“Should I ask about the anbu gear or would that compromise my career?”

“Depends how many secrets you want to keep from the Hokage.” She replied curtly.

“...You know what don’t let me hear anything else. I want to keep my job for the next few years at least.”

“Done. I think I’ve kept you two long enough, not only that but Jitte needs to eat soon. Thanks again.” She waved as Anko followed her to the door.

“Alright, we’ll babysit anytime you want.”

“No we won’t. Bye impudent child.”

She laughed, waving me off as she left. Anko shut the door and returned to unpacking a box.

“At least we know the trick now.”

I grunted, laying down on the couch and rolling over. “Intimidating chakra… you think ours will be that simple?”

She looked at her stomach, she was a little less than two months so there wasn’t much of a difference. “God I hope so.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 16.2K 38
Three lonely years has passed since Sakura Haruno last seen her long-time crush. And after Sasuke left the village, he finally came back for an unkno...
13.8K 244 16
Sakuro Haruno has changed a lot after war. She has good life, friends and a boyfriend, Sasuke Uchiha who travels around the world because of his miss...
562 4 13
It's been 3 years, 3 whole years since anyone from the leaf village has seen the infamous Uzumaki Namikaze Mai, or Tsumetai Hono as most call her the...
52K 1.6K 34
In which a girl from the real world got transported in one of her favorite anime, and had gifted a really cool power because of the good did she did...