Vive La Revolution

Sai's POV

We'd been at the temple for little more than a few hours, yet Naruto and Sora had yet to make any progress in friendship. In fact, it seemed to be getting worse judging from the 'training' fights that keep breaking out. They both disappeared afterwards and only reappeared some time later after a patrol bird was spotted.

Lord Nauma's tomb was the target and we were being sent out to track the grave robbers. Hopefully Sora and Naruto can put aside their differences for the sake of the mission. Though if it's anything like my previous relationship with Naruto then we may need another motivational-speech no jutsu from Naruto to turn the tides in our favor.

Head monk Chiriku assured us that there was only one path the grave robbers could follow. The tombs and temple were surrounded by cliffs except to the south. We made it there in time to see coffins seemingly jump out of the ground and quickly skate over the earth further away from us. But there was no sign of the grave robbers. While Naruto excitedly hit Sora's back, demanding him to look at the coffins, Captain Yamato approached Chiriku.

"No doubt of it. That's them." He confirmed.

"Yes, the coffins and presumably the thieves with them."

"It's strange. Why are they transporting them out in the open? It's as if they want us to see them."

Naruto and Sakura demanded a plan of action, but I was more willing to wait. Something was wrong. Normally, when you've robbed a tomb you are extremely cautious. Even handling ancient relics, or treasure troves called for some amount of delicacy but they were just letting the coffins drag along the ground at high speeds. No tact, no delicacy. Nothing. My eyes narrowed. Akira is not like them. She treats all graves, tombs, holy sites and other with deep respect... I recalled one instance in which she had thrown a few of the cheaper objects to the ground. Maybe deep respect was wrong but there was still respect.

"Remain here Chiriku. If anything should happen, I want you to please report back to the fire temple." Captain Yamato began.

"Alright."

"Naruto and Sora, head straight for them. Sakura and Sai, take the left flank. I'll take the right and provide back up."

"Hey, how come I'm stuck with him?" Naruto half-heartedly whispered, prompting a short growl from Sora.

"You can't go by yourself and Sora strikes me as very capable. So that's that."

I'm beginning to believe Captain Yamato wants both of them dead. At this rate, they'd never get along. It's like the book said, it takes a poison to drive out another poison.

Sora was the first to move into action with Naruto stumbling to catch up. As soon as he had they began to argue. I turned to Sakura.

"Shall we?" I asked, tilting my head and smiling as the book had taught me.

She returned the smile so easily, nodding her head. "Yeah. Let's go."

We both went left, following Yamato's plan.

Sakura initiated conversation as we ran. "Well if it is a trap, we're stuck out in the open without any cover."

"Yes, Sakura. But that's true for the enemy as well. We'll be able to see them coming from a long way off."

Suddenly the coffins stood erect, facing us. They began to spin rapidly and in an instant they were buried underground.

"What's going on? What're you two doing?" Sakura asked as we caught up.

"The coffins just suddenly went underground." Naruto explained.

"And I was almost there too." Sora added. "I could have stopped them if you hadn't gotten in the way."