Jounin Exam Finale

Akira’s POV

“Akira!” Hiroka called from downstairs.

I rolled my eyes, “Yes?” I called, pushing aside some important files, and walking out my room door.

“Can you come here a minute?”

“Sure.” I said walking down the stairs into the kitchen. “What’d you need?”

“I know this is last minute,” She said as she rocked her two month old. “but can you watch Jitte for us?”

“Sure, I’ve babysat for you guys before. How long will you be out for?”

“...Here’s the thing… We’re going out for a recruitment trip…”

“How long?”

“At least a couple days,  at most a week.”

“So basically, you want me to take him to Konoha with me?” She was losing it, Konoha was no place for a baby criminal, especially not hers.

“Do we have any other choice?”

“...No, I guess not.”

She smiled, moving Jitte into my arms. He already weighed near 30 pounds, and he looked closer to two than to two months. Luckily I built up enough arm strength to carry him around but I’ll still need a sling or something. He may look two but his head still needed to be supported properly and he couldn’t walk yet.

“Thank you.” She turned away and called up the stairs. “Leader, let’s move it. I want to be back before Jitte says mom. Let’s go!”

He appeared behind her, making her jump. “Everything’s already packed. I was waiting for you.” He crossed his arms, raising an expectant eyebrow.

“Then let’s go.” She said, punching his arm and picking up a travel pack beside the door.

“Wait, you’re leaving now?” I asked following them.

“Yes. Is that a problem?”

“No…” I muttered, glancing at the floor.

“Good.” She smiled, kissing Jitte and I on our heads before walking past Leader and out the door. “Everything he needs will be in the baby bag. Be good, both of you. Good luck on your exams. Tell Sai we say hi.”

“Okay,” I watched them walk down the street. “Bye.” I waved, looking down at Jitte.