Fallin' For You-Part 2

By KeefeS66

Sophie Foster has just finished her first semester of her freshman year, and now it's time to go back to scho... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
A/N
Fallin' For You-Pt. 3

FIFTEEN

2.6K 32 106
By KeefeS66

When Sophie woke up the next day, she made an extensive effort to make sure the house was as clean as crystal.

"Wow," Grady said as Sophie dusted all the wood surfaces. "Maybe we should invite the Vacker's over more often—the house it practically shining."

Sophie glared at her dad, but didn't stop dusting. "But you're always complaining about how when people come over they're eating you out of house and home. So I don't think that'd be a good idea."

Grady chuckled. "I guess you're right," Then he got up from his seat. "I'm going to head to the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner tonight—what do your friends usually eat?"

"Um," Sophie said, not sure about Fitz, but: "Biana is vegan,"

Grady stared at Sophie for a second before sighing. "Alright—I guess I'll by a ton of non-meat,"

Sophie laughed, because she knew that Grady was planning on fixing steak. "Sorry,"

Grady shook his head as he headed toward the front door. "No problem—we'll eat carrots like bunnies tonight. How does that sound?"

Sophie laughed. "Perfect,"

"So we're eating spaghetti without meatballs and a mixture of zucchini and squash," Sophie said, looking through the grocery bags Grady had brought in. "And for dessert we're having gelato."

"Yep," Grady said, then he blinked. "Don't tell me Fitz is allergic to zucchini." Then his face perked up. "Actually, tell me what he is allergic to. Then I can put it in the food and then you won't have to date him for a while because he'll be out of commission."

Sophie glared at Grady, but still answered the question. "I actually...don't know what Fitz is allergic to—maybe nothing,"

"Wow, you're a really dedicated girlfriend," Grady said sarcastically.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "In my defense, ever since we started dating, there's been nothing but drama. So maybe if you allow me to go to Hawaii I could get to know him better and then maybe you'll be impressed with what I know about him."

"Bribes won't get you anywhere kiddo," Grady said with a laugh. "I'm not entirely sold on the idea of you being five hours away from me and Edaline,"

Sophie smiled. "Yes, but Alden is going to be there—and if I remember correctly, you told me you trusted Alden with your life,"

"Ah, but if I remember correctly, you brought up the point that Alden could be raving lunatic," Grady said, raising an eyebrow.

Sophie laughed. "Yes, but from my memory you talked to Alden when we got to Fitz's party—I'm assuming you two were bro-ing the whole time."

Grady laughed. "Alright, you win—but that does not mean I've agreed to Hawaii, I still need to talk to Alden and Della about it."

Sophie nodded before walking away and going up to her room.

She spent the rest of her afternoon on the group chat with all her friends, and soon they'd gotten on the topic of Wylie's graduation. Then Biana opened another group chat that excluded Wylie and told everyone that they needed to put their heads together and throw a party for him. Everyone seemed to agree with the idea.

When 5:30 rolled around, Sophie quickly changed into a gray tank-top, a pair of shorts and some flip-flops—since she knew the first thing they'd have to do was bathe Verdi.

By 5:45, there was a knock on the door, and when Edaline answered it Alden, Della, Biana, and Fitz were there. And thankfully Biana and Fitz had the same ideas as Sophie since they were both dressed in shorts and a t-shirt.

"Well," Grady said, clasping his hands together. "Why don't you guys get started on bathing that cow while we cook and talk about your plans?"

The three of them nodded before Sophie led them out to the cow pasture. The only way you could tell Verdi a part from all the other cows was the fact that all the other cows were either white or brown—but Verdi was black.

Sophie grabbed one of the harnesses, walked into the enclosure, and walked straight to Verdi. Sophie put the harness on her and was surprised when the stubborn cow didn't protest. Then she tied the other end of the harness to the gate's stake to keep her from moving.

"Biana, do you mind going to that shed over there and finding cow soap and scrub brushes?" Sophie asked, pointing to the shed with all of the animal supplies in it. "It might be a little hard to find—but it should be in there."

Biana smiled, nodding, before running toward the shed.

Fitz walked closer to her and started petting Verdi's snout. "So, what's this plan everyone's talking about?"

Sophie's face turned red, remembering that she'd told Biana not to tell Fitz. "It's a surprise," She said. "But if it goes in our favor, I think you'll like it."

Fitz flashed his movie-star smile. "I bet it'll be perfect,"

"That's what Biana's hopes too," Sophie said with a laugh. "And me,"

"Well, I need to tell you something," Fitz said, turning to Sophie.

Sophie blinked. "What?"

Fitz sighed. "Every summer my family goes on a three week trip to Hawaii and we're leaving next week—so I won't be here,"

"Oh," Sophie said, trying to pretend like she didn't already know that information. "Well...I'll miss you—but you'll be back, so it's not a big deal,"

Fitz smiled. "I'll miss you too,"

Sophie opened her mouth to say something else, but Biana came from the shed with the cow soap and three scrub brushes.

"I found them," Biana said once she'd reached them. She handed Sophie a blue brush, Fitz a green brush, and she held onto the pink brush. "Now, how do we do this?"

Sophie smiled, turning on the spigot that was attached to the enclosures gate. "First we get her wet, then we put the soap on her, scrub in circular motions, and then rinse her off."

"What about drying?" Fitz asked, tilting his head.

Sophie hesitated. "...we'll get to that part in a minute."

She picked up the hose and started spraying Verdi with it. "Biana can you hold her down?"

Biana looked a little scared as she said, "But what if she hits me?"

Sophie smiled. "I thought Vacker's weren't afraid of anything?"

Biana rolled her eyes—while Fitz fashioned the confused look—before she grabbed on to Verdi to keep her from moving around too much.

After fifteen minutes, they'd successfully cleaned Verdi, but now it was time for the drying process.

And that was going to be interesting.

"Now in order to do this we have to do something that will make us all look very stupid," Sophie said, biting her lip. "Now, most cows can be dried with a blow-dryer, but Verdi doesn't like it. So we came up with a stupid but kind of fun method."

"What is it?" Fitz asked with a smile.

"We have to untie the harness and then do a ton of weird dancing moves. That'll catch her attention and then she'll start running after us."

"You're right," Biana said. "That will make a look stupid—let's do it!" Then Biana broke into the most awkward dance Sophie had ever seen in her whole life. Sophie laughed as she untied the harness and watched Verdi chase after Biana.

And for thirty minutes they all looked like a ton of idiots dancing awkwardly and being chased by a cow.

But it was super fun.

"Guys!" Edaline called from the back door. "It's time to eat. Make sure you change and wash your hands!"

"Yes ma'am !" Sophie called back before they all ran toward the house.

When they got inside, Fitz grabbed some clothes that he'd left with Della and changed in a powder room, and Sophie let Biana borrow some of her clothes. They both blow-dried the water out of their hair and pulled it into a high pony-tail before going downstairs.

They all sat around the table, and before they started eating Grady said, "We've all come to a decision—but we will not say our answer until after dessert. So that's that,"

"But wait," Biana said . "When you're going to tell make sure not to tell Fitz because Sophie wanted to surprise him."

Grady thought for a second before nodding. "Alright—fine,"

They ate and talked about different memories from that school-year and how it felt like time had just flown by way too quickly.

But the funny thing was that Biana and Sophie were the first one's done eating because they were so eager to hear the answer. But since no one else was done, they had to wait for another twenty minutes.

But thankfully after dessert was done, Sophie and Biana shared a look as Grady came over and smiled at Sophie.

He leaned down and whispered to Sophie, "Our decision was that you are going to be able to go to Hawaii with the Vacker's,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 30.3K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
227K 5.5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
82.3K 707 18
[COMPLETED] This story is about Keefe finally telling Sophie he loves her! As they go through the challenges of her friends and family, (Grady) she f...
99.3K 1.8K 22
This story is about a 21 Year old girl from California named Ava Garcia her dad sends her to live in Italy for 2 months as a Birthday Present. Little...