Disconnected (Lashton) {Seque...

Por niamandstuff

Luke had been with Ashton for the past three weeks, and it was the best three weeks of his life. But Ashton's... Más

Prequel- A/N
Cell phone calls and hashtag i-don't-knows.
Blinking lights and diall tones
A/N
Hot chocolate and an ice rink
Questions and explanations
Meetings and recongition
Files and denial
Returning and shutting the door
Broken phones and shattered hearts
Cinemas and remaining feelings
Gifts and middle names-epilogue

Arrests and apologies

2.1K 132 25
Por niamandstuff

Luke's P.O.V:

I was planning on staying inside for the rest of the week, unless Mikey pulled me out again. However, I was running low on food, so had to drive to go shopping. I listened to 'I Miss You' by Blink 182 in the car, and while trying to not to cry, I noticed flashing lights to my right.

A police car was standing outside Jake's house, and an officer was putting handcuffs around his wrists. I instantly pulled over and got out of my car. I soon realized that my father was with the other officer.

"Dad?" I asked.

He walked over. "Alright, son." He nodded.

"What happened?"

"Well, turns out your friend here-"

"He is not my friend." I spat.

"Well, I've seen you around him. Nonetheless, turns out he was the one who committed the murder, Ashton didn't do anything wrong, you see."

"Excuse me?! So-so you were wrong?"

"We were able to collect more evidence, and statements from the witnesses which took a while. Sorry, son."

"I just-I need to go."

"Alright. Don't want you getting a ticket for parking on a double yellow, eh?"

I snickered and ran to my car. I couldn't believe it. Ashton was completely innocent, so all I put myself through, all I put him through, was pointless.

As soon as I got inside the vehicle, I drove back around the corner and pulled over, ignoring my father's advice. I took out my phone and called the one person who I kept ignoring.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ashton." I sighed.

"Luke, I am so sorry. You have to understand I didn't-"

"We need to talk. Could you, uh, come around mine?"

"Yes. Yes! I'll be there in ten." He replied, almost desperately.

**************

I was sitting on the sofa when I heard the largely anticipated sound of a knock at my front door. I rushed to open it, and when I did, there he was.

Ashton was standing right on front of me, looking perfect as always, with a Fall Out Boy top and black jeans that were hugging his legs.

"Hi...um, come in." I coughed awkwardly and stepped aside.

Ashton walked inside my flat and turned to look at me expectantly.

"I um...I'm sorry-"

"No, I'm sorry." Ashton interrupted me.

"No. Just, let me. I saw Jake being arrested."

Ashton gasped in response.

"I-I know it wasn't you. And I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, but it was hard not to." I admitted. "I don't know exactly what happened that day, and it would help if I did..."

Ashton nodded. "C-Can we sit down?"

"Yeah." I sighed, and we settled on the couch in the living room as Ashton began talking.

"I was still with Jake. I knew he was going to break into that shop, so I-I tried to stop him. When he was already there, I tried convincing him to not do it, but he wouldn't listen. I don't know how, but he ended up shooting the owner, and I was the one that stayed. I called the ambulance, but it was too late." He was crying. "I-I tried to help, but he was d-d-d...." Ashton trailed off at the end of the sentence. "In the end, I got blamed for it, for everything. And Jake, he wouldn't let me leave him. But I saw him cheating, and he knew, so he let me go." Tears were strolling down his cheeks.

I embraced him in a hug. "I'm sorry, Ashy." I whispered and kissed the top of his head.

"No, I-I'm sorry." He wept into my chest. "I sh-should have t-told you earlier."

"It's okay now. You're safe, you're with me."

He looked up. "I love you, L-Luke."

"I love you too Ashybear."

THE END

*************

~A/N- Yup, it's over! I was going to add more chapters with drama, but felt it was unnecessary. I hope you liked it anyway! Thank you so much for reading, ilysm. ~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
4.7M 254K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
90.3M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...