Adored by a Hitman (Hitman Se...

By Regnado

Third book in the Hitman series! It can be read as a standalone but highly suggest reading the others in orde... More

Visuals
One, Casey
Two, Logan
Three, Casey
Four, Logan
Five, Casey
Six, Logan
Seven, Casey
Nine, Casey
Ten, Logan
Eleven, Casey
Twelve, Logan
Thirteen, Casey
Fourteen, Logan
Fifteen, Casey
Sixteen, Logan
Seventeen, Casey
Eighteen, Wyatt
Nineteen, Casey
Twenty, Logan
Twenty-one, Casey

Eight, Logan

3.9K 206 6
By Regnado

8

Logan

I put my phone back into my pocket before heading back to my floor on the hospital. With a stupid smile on my face that wouldn't go away. Stupid boy, stupid pretty blue eyes, stupid short blonde hair I want to grip in my hands, stupid smile that makes my knee's weak. Stupid feelings after just meeting someone! UGH! I hate it!

Not to mention seeing Marcus last night brought back all kinds of bad feelings. I mean just how things ended with us made me realize how shitty men really are, and he moved on before my shit was even out of his place! All while I was in the hospital!

"What's got you all cheesy?" Megan one of the nurses on duty asked.

"Oh, girl let me tell you she has a crush!" Conner blurted out from behind his computer.

"Oh, tell me more!" Megan said. I just leaned against the counter and looked at Conner.

"He is drop dead overly oh my god, gorgeous. Like all muscles and tattoo's and blonde and tan and blue eyes and" He started to fan himself and I couldn't help but laugh. "Yea all of that."

"You're obnoxious."

"And you wanna bone him."

"Oh my god Conner, there are children present!"

"Oh, hush none of them can hear us. Plus, you know I'm right." I just held in my smile and walked away to start checking on my patients again.

The rest of my shift flew by and Conner and I headed back to our apartments. Mine right next to his and our friend Kayle next to mine. Tonight, was our bff movie night and I couldn't wait. Kayle was already standing by her apartment door waiting for the two of us. Conner ran into his place to shower before coming over and Kayle and I went straight into mine.

"Ugh, those guys last night." Kayle said plopping down on the couch.

"Which ones?"

"Yea right." She pointed at me. "Don't think I didn't notice pretty boy Casey not come back for more drinks after he ran after you."

"That doesn't mean anything Kay."

"Uh, they all drink like fish. I've seen them when I was bar backing for Morgan. Like fucking fish." She blinked at me and smiled. "I mean drink after drink, call an Uber, maybe see you tomorrow, but probably not. Fish." She smiled again. "So, him not getting another after only having two? Then you not coming back for another, quite fishy but not in the same tank."

"That doesn't even make sense Kayle." I shook my head before heading into my room to shower.

"IT MEANS HE LIKES YOU AND HE IS HOT AND YOU ARE HOT AND YOU PROBABLY LIKE HIM AND"

"SHUT UP!" I laughed and heard Conner come in before I showered quickly and changed into comfy clothes then walked back out to my friends.

"So, we ordered the guys over." Conner said not taking his eyes off me. I almost fell and was barely moving.

"Excuse me?"

"Told you she'd snap." He and Kayle started laughing hysterically.

"You two are not funny. Can't we poke fun at Kayle for Wyatt? That man wasn't letting you out of his sight!" I spat.

"Na, we like making you turn red with that beautiful brown skin of yours." Conner said brushing his hand across my cheek.

"I hate you."

"Love you! We ordered Chinese though." I shook my head and took a seat next to them on the couch as Conner picked out a movie and enjoyed our night.

The next two weeks flew by in a flash, it was insane. I was so busy I could barely process what was going on. Plus, I wasn't sleeping well because I could hear Kayle waking up screaming due to her horrid nightmares she was stuck with due to her possessive crazy ass piece of shit ex.

I finally I had two days off in a row though. Problem with being short staffed at a children's hospital is having to work when nobody else wants to. It's okay though I enjoyed it and it wasn't like I had anything else to do.

I stretched before looking at the clock. Three in the morning again this poor girl. I reached for my phone just as it started to buzz with a text message.

Casey – Yea I'm aware you are probably sleeping and hoping this won't wake you up and all...but Austyn is dragging us all out tonight. Please come. I miss your face 😉

Me – You're ridiculous.

Casey – Wow shit you're awake?

Me – Not by choice, neighbor had a nightmare and screams so it wakes me up. Downside of being a stupid light sleeper.

Me – Don't you dare say anything about my sleeping!

I had to add that in knowing his dirty mind.

Casey – HAHAHA it's like you know me too well. I was just going to say I'd wear you out enough to sleep through anything.

Me – I knew you would say something like that. I expect it at this point. After constantly texting with you for the past two weeks, I know what's going to come next.

Casey – I am not predictable.

Me – When it comes to dirty minds... yes Casey, yes you are. Extremely. Lol

Casey – I enjoy having a good time, and you throw my shit right back at me. That makes it even more fun. ANYWAY, tonight please?

Me – Maybe

Casey – Oh shit that isn't no!

Me – I can change it.

Casey – Hey now, I'm good with the maybe. That small chance to see you again will make my day a million times better. A yes however would you know change the game. I'm not opposed to begging.

Me – You're so dumb.

Casey – I think you phone auto corrected cute.

Me – lol nope.

Casey – Damn did it again to yes? What's wrong with your phone Logan?

Me – Shut up go back to sleep lol

Casey – I can't

Me – Another dream?

Casey and I have been talking and learning about one another since the night we met and it was awesome. I've never had this kind of a relationship with another person. Like yea Conner knows me inside and out and I know him, same with Kayle, but they're my best friends. This whatever it is with Casey is different. He doesn't tell me a ton of details and we keep our conversations all through text which is only a little bit weird but he said someone lives with him and he's just trying to be respectful. I get that but I do miss his voice as weird as it sounds.

I told him about my past with Marcus and he told me about some of his time in the Navy which was really awesome to hear about. I didn't know anyone in the military, obviously things were classified and crap but he was like actually out there on the battlefield and hearing some of those stories was so cool, and terrifying. I know there is more to him though, he seems to be holding back with me, and that's fine because I don't want to let him in.

Casey – Yea

Me – Want to talk about it? You can call.

Casey – Not even a little bit.

Me – You never do.

Casey – I don't want to burden you with shit from my past. It's my burden to carry not yours. Plus, when you see me tonight, I don't want the sympathy look. I want a huge hug and kiss on at least the cheek. 😉

Me – And just like that I hate you again.

Casey – Ha! Lies, you couldn't hate me if you wanted to.

Me – I'm going to bed.

Casey – I'll see you tonight then?

Me – Maybe.

Casey – You know you miss my face too just admit it.

Me – Nope.

Casey – Damn that auto correct fucking with our conversation again!

Me – Goodnight again Casey.

Casey – Night boo <3

I couldn't help the smile I finally fell back asleep with. He's such a moron, an adorable stupid moron.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
82.3K 2.2K 24
From losing my mom at a young age, to foster care, and being on my own, I've always been alone. Never having anyone, but my own company to keep. I ke...
3K 163 22
Madison- I am always running from my past. The past of my childhood, the past of my abusive ex-husband. Trying to keep my three kids safe from t...
138K 6.1K 32
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Aiden One shit relationship turned me into a once a done guy. The second she walked out of my garage I was hooked. I was...