THE GILMORE GIRLS

By Bella22222227

A mother Lorelai Gilmore, twin sisters Rory Gilmore and Eva Gilmore. Rory is the all around good girl. Smart... More

Characters
S1 E1 : "Pilot" (Part 1)
S1 E2: "The Gilmore's First Day at Chilton" (Part 1)
S1 E2 : "The Gilmores First Day at Chilton" (Part 2)
S1 E3 : "Kill Me Now"
S1 E4 : "The Deer Hunters" (Part 1)
S1 E4 : "Deer Hunters" (Part 2)
S1 E5 : "Cinnamon's Wake" (Part 1)
S1 E5 : "Cinnamon's Wake" (Part 2)
S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 1)
S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 2)
S1 E7 : "Kiss and Tell" (Part 1)
S1 E7 : "Kiss and Tell" (Part 2)
S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 1)
S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 2)
S1 E9 : "The Dance" (Part 1)

S1 E1: "Pilot" (Part 2)

1.3K 19 4
By Bella22222227

"And we get to wear uniforms. No more having people check you out to see what jeans you're wearing cause everyone's dressed alike in boring clothes and just there to learn." I heard Rory say happily to Lane as she cleaned out her locker.

"She makes it seem like that's a good thing." I rolled my eyes. "Well it is." Justin said as I turned and put another one of my books in the box he was holding.

"It's not." I spoke matter of factly. "Yes it is. I won't have to worry bout another guy checkin' you out." He smirked. "Oh please." I said closing my locker.

"You don't realize it, but you have a damn good body." He complimented me. "Well thank you, but I would still like to wear my own clothes." I pouted. "I guess that makes sense." He finished as Rory and Lane crossed by us.

We joined them walking in the halls. Justin was still carrying the box of all my stuff. "So, I told my mom you're both changing school." Lane started. "Was she thrilled?" Rory asked. "The party's on Friday." Lane joked, but was also kind of serious.

"I have to go. I have to have a pre-hay ride cup of tea with the future doctor. How do I look? Korean?" Lane sighed. "Spitting image." I said. "Good. Bye." Lane said before wandering down the halls.

"So I heard you too are a thing now." Rory stated. "Yes we are." Justin said to Rory. "Wow he speaks." Rory teased. She has never heard him say anything. Only has heard about him. "Yes, I speak." He defended. "How did you find out?" I questioned.

"Well before sixth period apparently this girl squealed in the cafeteria about this new cute couple." She said leaving out names. I just chuckled not knowing how to respond.

"Well I'm going to watch Justin practice so we better get going." I informed her. "Okay see you after." Rory said. "Alright. Bye." I spoke walking away from her.

A guy with brown hair walked by and we almost bumped into each other, but I moved out of the way.

"Your gonna watch me practice today?" Justin asked, shifting the box to one hand so his free one could hold mine.

"Yeah, I liked watching you play yesterday. Thought I would do it again." I answered looking over at him as we walked to the locker rooms. "Well I won't be able to go anywhere after, I have to go to work." He informed me. "That's fine." I smiled as we reached the boys locker room.

He leaned down and set the box on the floor. "Are you sure?" He asked, placing his hands on my hips. "What, I can't watch my boyfriend play some football?" I questioned teasingly. "No you can. I just didn't think that you were a football type girl." He spoke.

"Well, there are a lot of things that you don't know about me." I said. "You should probably go change." "Yeah, I should." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "See you out there." I bent down and grabbed the box and headed towards the bleachers.

I sat down on the closest bleacher to the field. I watched as they ran all different plays for offense and defensive. Then scrimmages against each other. They were making some progress by the halfway mark.

The Coach blew the whistle and let the guys get water before finishing off the rest of practice. Justin made his way over to where I was. "Hey," He said, taking a drink of water. "Hey there. Looking good." I smiled and got up to lean on the fence. "Well thank you." He spoke.

"The defense will probably run a blitz when you get back out there. So be careful." I warned. "How do you know that?" He questioned.

"Well they have been doing zone coverage for the past three plays and have already gone through play action about three times as well as doing some crossing routes so that's really all they have left." I said really quickly catching him off guard.

"How the hell do you know that?" He smiled and asked surprised. "I know some stuff about football." I smiled. "Well, we'll see." He said, then Josh cut him off,

"Rowan stop talking to your girlfriend and get your ass out here." the whole team OOoooed. "Alright I'm coming." He spoke jogging backwards still looking at me. Then he shook his head, turned and ran out to mid field.

Justin had hiked the ball and sure enough it was a blitz. Did he listen to me, no. He ended up getting sacked. I wanted to laugh so much, but I didn't want to look like a crazy person for laughing at the person who just got sacked. He got up from the tackle and looked at me, then raised his arms like 'how'. I just shrugged and they went back to practicing.

~~~

They had got done practicing a few minutes ago. I was sitting in the same spot that I was before when Justin came out. He sat beside me and said, "My brain is still confused on how you knew that."

"Never underestimate a Gilmore." I confidently said. "Well, I've got to get to work." He informed me.

"Okay, see you tomorrow?" I asked Justin. "Yeah, I will meet you at Lukes." He answered. "Okay, bye." I said as he got up. He turned to me and gave me a kiss of the forehead then said, "Bye" and walked away.

"Hey Gilmore." A voice came from behind me. I got up and turned around only to find Tina Rodgers. She was the girl I hated the most at this school. She used to bully me when we were in Elementary, but one day I fought back. She never saw it coming.

Nowadays we pick on each other, but nothing has gotten physical since I would have been suspended. I have gotten into trouble and things add up after a while. The principal had threaten to call my mom one day if I didn't stop with my 'attitude'

"Heard your going to some stupid private school. What were you too scared to face me. You just had to run away?" She asked me in a baby voice.

"No, the school is way better than here. Way better than you." I snarled at her. "I'm sure about that." She sarcastically said.

Then it clicked. At 3:50 today I was no longer going to Stars Hollow High. The principal couldn't do anything about it. Plus it's the weekend so she couldn't tell on me.

"You know what. Let's finish this. Once and for all." I spoke. "You really think you can beat me?" She challenged. "No, I know I could." I finished.

~~~

We both walked behind the bleachers so no one would be able to see us. I set my box full of stuff down. Then we stood in front of each other.

"So how are we going to do this?" Tina asked, eyeing me down. "Count to three." I suggested doing the same. "K, One." She started. "Two." I said. "Three." We said in unison before my fist collided with her jaw.

She was taken back and I took this opportunity to bring her to the ground. I straddled her waist and brought my hand back down on her cheek. I went to punch her again yet this time she caught my fist and twisted my arm.

Out of instinct I rolled over so my arm wasn't twisted, but that's when she got on top of me and her fist made contact to cheek bone. Only the impact made me want to win so much more.

She punched me again before I used all my force to get her off of me. We both stood up taking a breather.

"I could do this all day." She spoke out of breath. "Me too." I agreed with a smirk. I ran right up to her and pushed her into one of the bleachers making her hit her head and scream out in pain. "Oops, did that hurt?" I pretended to be sorry.

I punched her in the gut causing her to wince in pain. I grabbed her head and was just about to connect it with my knee when two arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me off the ground, pulling me from her.

I didn't argue knowing that I had been caught, instead let whoever it was lift me off the ground and take me away. "What the hell were you thinking?" Josh's voice boomed as he set me down and turned me to look at him.

"She started it." I yelled upset that he had stopped me. I looked over to see Darren helping Tina. "That doesn't matter you can't just fight like that!" Josh didn't yell, but he raised his voice.

"Why not! Huh? I'm not a baby I can take care of myself." I argued, still yelling. "Really then what are you going to tell your mom or Rory or Katie even Justin how you got that bruise forming on your cheek?" He pushed.

My eyes grew wide. What was I going to tell them? "I don't know." I whispered. He sighed and hung his head, "Come on let's get you some ice." He said and grabbed my stuff. "Thanks." I spoke quietly.

"I will always be here for you, in Stars Hollow. I can't be at Chilton and that's what scares me" He confessed putting his arm around my shoulders in a brotherly way as we walked to his house.

"I know. I will try not to get into fights, but if someone messes with me I can't promise." I replied. "All I want is for you to try." He smiled.

Josh had always been that brotherly figure in my life. He is actually why I know so much about football. I would help him study his plays, in return he would look out for me. I didn't ask him too he just started doing it.

Whenever I would get into a fight he was always there for me after to clean me up or to calm me down. We would play games with each other and we hung out all the time. I even introduced him to Katie. That was definitely a proud moment.

~~~

We reached his house and we went right up to his room. He is an only child and his parents are working right now. "So, how did this one start?" Josh asked as he got out the first aid kit.

"Well she came up to me, basically called me weak and then I realized that I wasn't going to Stars Hollow High anymore and well we finished it." I answered. "Well it definitely looked like you won. She looked like she was gonna pass out when I got you off her." He chuckled. I smiled proudly.

"We heard a scream from the field, but when we went out there was nothing there. Then we heard a really loud clank like something hit the bleachers." He informed me.

"Oh yeah, that was her head." I grinned thinking back and sitting down on his bed. "She is probably gonna have a concussion, that was really loud." He came back over and put some ointment on my cheek. "After everything she's done to me she deserves it." I said.

He chuckled and continued to work on my bruise. After we were done he gave me some ice for my cheek and I decided to walk around before going to Lukes for dinner with Mom and Rory.

~~~

I got there and saw them sitting at a table, not talking. This was going to be something. I hung my head low and walked inside. I sat down at the table and put my stuff down next to me. They didn't seem to notice, they just kept staring at their food.

"So you were both late." My mom started barely looking up. "Yeah, I went to the library." Rory tried. "And I was at Joshes." I basically gave the truth.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you that we are having dinner with your grandparents tomorrow." She rushed out. "What!" I asked surprised , raising my head. "What happened to you?" My mom asked raising her voice.

My head quickly sank back down, "Fight." I mumbled. Lorelai looked at me surprised, "Don't do it again." She threaten giving me those eyes. "Okay." I agreed.

"So we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's?" Rory changed the subject. She knew that I had gotten into fights before. This was the first one that mom found out about. "Mh-hmm." Mom replied, still looking at me.

"But it's September?" I questioned. "So?" She didn't answer. "So, what holiday is in September?" Rory asked. "It's not a holiday thing. It's just dinner okay." Mom harshly spoke. "Fine, sorry." Rory said taking another bite of her food.

Luke came over and gave me some food. "Thanks." I said looking up forgetting that I had a bruise. "No problem. What the hell happened to you?" His eyes widened and voice rose. "Oh, it's nothing." I said putting the ice back on my eye.

"D-do you want me to get you anything?" Luke asked not knowing what to do. "Some coffee please." I smiled. "I meant-" "I know what you meant, but I am fine." I cut him off showing him my empty coffee cup.

"Okay, I will get you some coffee." He clapped his hands and stood there for a second before going to get coffee.

I started eating my food in a weird awkward silence that was being shared between us. "Here's your coffee." Luke said pouring me a cup then getting us our check. "Red meat can kill you. Enjoy." He said monotone and walked away. I smiled at Luke.

"So I finished hemming both your skirts today." Mom said excitedly. "Really?" I asked happily. "Yeah, I did. You'll have to try it on when you get home." Mom said and I nodded.

"Rory?" Mom asked as she sat there playing with her food. "A grunt of acknowledgement might be nice." She continued.

"I don't get why we are going to dinner tomorrow night. I mean what if I had plans? You didn't even ask me." Rory complained.

"Well if you had plans I would have known." Mom tried to compromise. "How?" Rory talked back in a harsh tone. "Well you would have told me." Mom defended.

I took a sip of my coffee, I didn't get why we were going to dinner, but I wasn't mad about it. Normally Rory is glad to go see Grandma and Grandpa and I am the one complaining.

Oh how the tables have turned.

"I don't tell you everything. I have my own things." Rory argued. "Fine, you have things." Lorelai spoke. "That's right. I have things." Rory said, wanting the last word.

"Hey, I had dibs on being the bitch tonight." Mom joked. "Just tonight." Rory mumbled. My mouth actually formed a circle. She never acts this way.

"What the hells wrong with you?" Mom questioned in a serious tone. While Rory played with her food. "I'm not sure I want to go to Chilton." She confessed.

"What?" I asked loudly. "The timing is just really bad." She complained. "The timing is bad?" Mom asked as we still didn't get it. "And the bus ride to and from Hartford it's like 30 minutes each way." She spoke.

"I can't believe what I am hearing." Mom said. "Plus, I don't think we should be spending that much money right now." She defended again. "I mean I know Chilton's got to be costing you a lot." She continued.

"Oh, you have no idea." Mom said as she rubbed her facing trying to understand where this is coming from. "All of that money should be going to buying an Inn with Sookie." Rory said.

"What about college? What about Harvard? I thought we were going to go together?" I asked Rory.

"We don't know that we can't get into Harvard if we stay where we are." Rory almost scolded me.

"Yeah, but this is something setting us up. Something to help that possibility of us getting in." I used the same tone.

"Okay, enough." Mom stopped, "Enough of this crazy talk, okay? I appreciate your concern, but I have this covered."

"I still don't want to go." Rory complained. "Why?" Mom questioned. "Because I don't!" She argued. "I-I I have to get out of here." Mom said and grabbed her purse as she got up to leave.

"We have to pay first!" Rory yelled. Mom came back and smacked some money on the table. I took a last sip of my coffee and grabbed my locker stuff. Then we all left.

We were walking home and we spotted Lane on her 'date.' She didn't look happy. Rory and I smiled and she smiled back.

We were walking past Mrs. Patty's when she interrupted us, "Oh, Rory good. I think I found a job for your male friend."

"What male friend?" Mom asked Rory as we both turned to look at her.

"They need a stock boy at the supermarket. I already talked to Taylor Doose about him. You just send him around tomorrow." Mrs. Patty finished. "Okay, thanks." Rory said.

"What male friend?" I asked her this time hoping she would respond. "Oh, he's very cute. You both have good taste." Mrs. Patty answered for her.

"Hands in the air not in the nose." She returned to her dance class. Rory quickly started walking again.

"You'll have to walk faster than that." I guess mom noticed too. "You're going to have to turn into Flo-Jo to get away from me." Mom spoke to her normally. Rory walked ahead of us the entire way home.

~~~

Rory opened the door and slammed it behind her clearly upset. I reopened the door less aggressively and let mom go in first.

"This is about a boy. Of course, I can't believe I didn't see it." She talked to herself.

I was trying to not get involved since I hadn't told her about Justin being my boyfriend yet, so instead I went upstairs to my room and went to bed. I would have to tell mom about Justin in the morning.

~~~

"Eva, Eva, Eva, wake up." Mom said, shaking me. "Why, What time is it?" I whined slowly waking up. "It's 2 in the morning." Mom answered as she got comfortable in my bed.

"Why in the world are you waking me up at 2 in the morning?" I asked whining. "You still want to go to Chilton right?" She questioned me. "Yes," I shortly answered trying to get cozy again.

"I don't know why she is acting like this." Mom stated. "Neither do I mom, but it's the first guy she has ever taken an interest too. We didn't expect this, but this is what happened." I explained to her.

"I know, I just don't want her to regret this." Mom confessed. "She won't cause she going." I said confidently.

"How do you know?" Mom asked. "You really think that she is not going to Chilton?" I answered in a question.

"Well she seemed very sure to me." She spoke. "Well this is Rory." I confirmed. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She said, turning to look at me.

"So, you had this thing with Justin. How's that going? I heard Patty say that you both have good taste. " Mom asked sitting up wanting some nightly gossip.

Sometimes mom will come in, in the middle of the night and we gossip 'til we fall asleep. "Well, you're right it is still Justin." I confirmed as I sat up next to her.

"Ooo, spill." She said tapping my knee. "His name's Justin Ro-," I started before she cut me off.

"Hold up, Justin Rowan?" She asked. "Yes," I tried again yet was cut off. "Nice taste." She said impressed. "Can I continue?" I asked. "Oops, yes sorry." She apologized.

"Well I told him I was going to Chilton and he was proud of me." I started again. "That's how a guy should react." She pointed out giving me approving eyes.

"And then later he called me his girlfriend." I smiled. Mom squealed. "Oh my gosh, and you didn't fight it?" She asked. I just shook my head no.

"My daughter finally has a boyfriend. Not just some random guy she goes on one date with." Mom said as if she weren't talking to that daughter.

"Thanks mom." I replied monotone. "No, no it's a good thing." She spoke. "Yeah, it is." I smiled. "Well, I'm glad you're happy." She honestly said.

"Now is that all?" I questioned, "Cause I want to go back to sleep." "Oh well the main reason I came up here and woke you up is cause Justin called earlier and asked about you." She slyly smirked. "What did he say?" I was eager to know.

"Well, when I answered the phone he asked who was he talking to." She started. "Right." I acknowledged. "Then I told him it was me and he was nervous, you could tell." Mom smiled. "Awe, that poor thing." I sympathized.

"Ah, he played it cool and asked if he could talk to you. I told him that you were sleeping." She acted as if that was it, but the smile on her face says something else.

"And..." I wanted her to continue. "And he wants you to meet him at Lukes for breakfast tomorrow." She informed me.

"Okay, thanks." I smiled. "No, problem." She said as we both lied back down and fell asleep.

~~~

I woke up at seven today, which I will say I am proud of. I decided since it was a weekend to go comfy casual. I went to my closet and threw on a grey sweater and some blue jeans.

I then went over to the bathroom to put on my necklace that I got on my 15th birthday. It was a gold lock on a simple chain. Rory had a one, but instead of a lock it was a key. She bearly wore hers though. She wasn't much of a jewelry person.

My bruise on my cheek had gotten a little better over night, but it was still noticeable. I wonder what Justin's going to say.

I made my way downstairs to find Rory sitting down at the table reading a book. There was a note on the refigdorator. It read.

Dear My Off-springs,

At the Inn. Meet me here when Eva is done with her breakfast date.

Love, Mom

"You have a breakfast date with Justin?" Rory harshly asked. "I guess. Don't really know if it's a date." I answered calmly.

"How come mom doesn't get mad at you for liking a guy." She complained. "Well, I don't let the guy stop me from doing great things. Including Chilton." I sarcastically said. She didn't say anything after that so I spoke up again.

"Look, who ever this is must be really special. Espically cause he caught your eye. But you can't let him stop you from doing things. If he doesn't want to be with you because your going to a different school then he's not worth it Rory." I tried to give her some advice.

"Yeah, I guess your right, but I'm not good at this whole guy thing like you are." She said. "Sweetie neither am I. I don't know what the heck I am doing. This is the first guy who has actually wanted to be my boyfriend. I'm not that good at keeping them, you know." I was honest with her.

"Yeah, " She sounded like she didn't know what else to say. "We are in this together okay? Like always." I questioned. "Yeah, like always." She confirmed with a smile.

"Do you want to come with me to Lukes." I asked. "No, I wouldn't want to interrupt anything." She said. "Okay, I will bring you back a coffee." I yelled before I walked out the door.

~~~

I walked into Lukes and saw that Justin had grabbed us a table by the window. I hesitantly walked over to where he was until I reached the table.

He still hadn't noticed me so I spoke up in a little voice, "Hey." He whipped his head around in shocked and smiled. "Heyyyy." He said happily then dragging out the y in a confused tone.

He rose from his seat and cupped my face. "What the hell happened to you." He asked worry filled in his eyes. "Oh, it's nothing." I tried to shake it off. "Nothing. You have a bruise on your face." He almost shouted still examining my cheek.

"Lower your voice, please." I begged him. He huffed and lowered his hands down to my waist. "What happened." He asked in a serious tone yet quieter. "I just got in a fight, it's honestly nothing." I whispered my hands laying in his chest.

"With who." He almost sounded like he was going to kill that person. "Tina Rodgers." I shortly answered. He rolled his eyes and left out another huff of air. I could tell he was trying not to get angry.

"Why?" He asked me another question, why was he asking so many questions. "Why?" I questioned looking at him.

"Yes, why?" He asked again. "I don't know. She was there and it happened." I rudely said starting to get slightly annoyed with these questions.

He looked a little taken back by my voice. "Sorry," I lowered my head. "No, it's fine. You've probably had to answer those questions over and over." He understood. I looked back up at him a little shocked myself that he hadn't gotten mad. "Ugh, yeah." I really didn't know what else to say.

"But your okay." He said as his hands came back up to my face. "Yeah, I'm great." I smiled into his hands. He let go and we sat down.

By this time everyone in Lukes had looked over and eavesdropped, but I could care less. It was most likely all over town that I had a bruised cheek by now.

Luke slowly came over and put down to cups and poured coffee, then left quickly. "Luke!" I yelled and caught his attention. "Yes Eva." He asked. "I want food as well." I teased with a smile.

He puffed out air and then asked. "Well, what do you want?" "Can I have some pancakes bacon and some eggs please." I smiled up at him as he took my ordered.

"And I'll just have some scrabbled eggs please." Justin nodded as he gave his order. "You should really talk her into eating healthier." Luke tried planning with Justin.

"Nah, I'm just fine." I answered before Justin could. Luke rolled his eyes and left to get our food.

"So, are you excited to start Chilton?" He asked with a smile. "Yeah, I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun." I happily answered. The conversation continued after Luke brought out our food. It was started to look like a good day.

~~~

After a while of convincing I finally was able to get Rory to come with me to the Inn to meet mom.

"Hey, Mitchel." I said in my normal cheery voice as we made our way behind the counter. Rory made herself comfortable on a chair and pulled out a book.

"Hello, Eva!" He said in his happy voice which wasn't so happy. "I will go and get your mother." He informed me. "Thanks Mitchel." I said as he left to the kitchen.

"So what do you think mom wants?" I asked Rory, but she ignored me and continued to read her book. I shrugged it off and sat down on a chair next to hers. It wasn't long before mom came out anyways.

"Hey, no muumuu today. You know what's weird, I kind of miss it." She came walking around the desk. "You left us a note to meet you here." Rory said looking up from here book.

"Thought you may want to work a couple hours. Make a little cash." Mom replied as she grabbed a stack of papers and files. "Sure." I responded. "Fine." Rory harshly let out.

"Aw, your not going to give me the 'Mommy Dearest' treatment forever, are ya?" Mom asked Rory as I stood up from my chair.

"You wanted me here, I'm here. Should I do something or what?" She told mom. "Yeah, go home. Dinner's at seven. Be ready to go." Lorelai had had enough with Rory at this point.

Rory rolled her eyes and said, "Fine." "Fine" Mom said in the same tone. Rory than walked away as Michel came up to sit back down in his chair. "Ah, my chair." He spoke as mom and I both turned to look at him.

~~~

We all stood at the door, questioning ourselves. What were we doing here?

"So do we go in our do we just stand here, reenacting 'The Little Match Girl'" Rory annoyedly spoke.

Mom turned to look at her and said, "Okay, look, I know you and me are having a thing here and I know you hate me, but I need you to be civil. At least through dinner, on the way home you can pull a Menendez. Deal?" Mom seriously asked. "Fine." Rory rolled her eyes again.

"So..., are we going in or not?" I asked trying to break the tension.

Mom walked up a little further and rang the door bell. We walked up to join her just as the door opened up. "Hey, Grandma." Rory and I greeted.

"Well, your right on time." Emily said in a nicely matter. "Yeah, no traffic at all." Mom faked a smiled, but sounded nice.

We walked into the house and took off our jackets. "I can't tell you what a treat it is to have you girls here." Grandma said as she took our coats from us. "Oh, well, we're excited to see you too." I smiled trying to ease the conversation.

"Is that a collectors cup or can I throw it away for you." Grandma totally dismissed my comment as she saw moms coffee cup.

"Oh." Mom let out as she started to walk to throw it away. "In the kitchen." Grandma stopped her. "Sorry." Mom apologized coming back.

"So, I want to hear all about Chilton." Grandma excitedly said as she grabbed one of mine hands and the other of Rorys. Then she took us further into the house. "Well we haven't actually started yet." Rory started.

"Richard, look who it is." Emily announced as we turned the corner to see Grandpa sitting on a couch.

"Rory, your so tall. And Eva nice to see you." Grandpa was caught off guard by Rory's height. "I guess." She shyly replied to Grandpa.

"What's your height?" Richard asked her as I took a seat on the couch. Rory still standing said, "Five-seven." She answered.

"That's tall. Your tall. How about you Eva?" Grandpa turned to me. "Oh, um five-five." I answered. I was a bit shorter then Rory.

"That's still a good height." Grandpa nodded in my direction. "Hi, dad." Mom said entering the room. "Lorelai, you daughter is tall." He spoke about Rory. "Oh, I know. It's freakish." She smiled looking at Rory.

Well at least I'm not freakish.

"We're thinking of having her studied at M.I.T." She finished her thought.

"Huh?" Richard questioned her thoughts. "Champagne, anyone?" Grandma said as she walked over to mom with Champagne already in glasses.

"Ah, that's fancy." Lorelai said as she grabbed one. Rory grabbed a soda as well as I when Emily came around to me.

"Well, it's not everyday that I have my girls here for dinner on a day the banks are open." Emily slightly targeted mom. "A toast. To Eva and Rory entering Chilton and an exciting new phase in their lives." She spoke raising her glass then taking a sip.

"Here, here." Grandpa agreed taking a sip from his glass, but not looking up from the newspaper that he was reading.

We all then took a sip, I wasn't a big fan of Club Soda, but I did it anyway. "Well, let's all sit." Grandma lead Rory and Mom to the couch that I was sat on.

"This is just wonderful. An education is the most important thing, next to family." She made sure that the family was heard. "And pie." Mom said still standing.

"Joke, joke." She finally said after quiet and took a seat next to Emily.

~~~

Grandma and Grandpa were sat at the end while Mom and I sat with our backs facing the windows and Rory in front. "Eva, how are you liking the lamb." Grandma questioned me. "It's good." I tried to compliment the lamb. "Too dry?" She then asked Rory. "No, it's perfect." Rory agreed with me.

"Potatoes could use a little salt, though." Lorelai quietly muttered. "Excuse me?" Grandma scoffed. I kicked mom under the table as Rory spoke up a new topic. "Ow." She quietly cried.

"So, Grandpa, how's the insurance biz?" "Oh, people die, we pay. People crash cars, we pay. People lose a foot, we pay." He monotone said.

I chuckled at the last statement. "Well at least you have a new slogan." Mom joined in to the conversation. "And how are things at the motel?" Grandpa asked. "You mean the Inn? They're great." Mom spoke with a smile.

"Lorelai's the executive manager now. Isn't that a wonderful?" Grandma jumped in. "Speaking of which Christopher called yesterday." Grandpa changed the subject. I almost chocked on a potato that I was swallowing.

"Speaking of which? How is that a speaking of which?" I exclaimed. "He's doing very well in California." Richard went on. "His internet start-up goes public next month. This could mean big things. Very, talented man, your father." He nodded at me then Rory.

"They know." Mom replied. "He always was a smart one, that boy. You both must take after him." Richard threw shade at mom.

"Speaking of which, I'm gonna get a coke. Or a knife." Mom said as she got up and walked into the kitchen. I locked eyes with Rory and we both shared the same expression.

"I think that I am going to talk--" Rory started until Grandma cut her off. "No, I'll go." Grandma said then got up to follow mom. "You stay and keep your grandfather company." This was not going to end well.

It seemed to be quiet for only a second, until we heard, "Keep your voice down." Come from Grandma. "No, I can't take it anymore. Tonight just seems like a nightmare." Mom complained. Rory, Grandpa and I all exchanged slight smiles.

"You're dripping all over the floor." Emily said, all though from in here it didn't make any sense. "Why do you pounce on every simple thing I say?" Mom yelled.

"That's absurd. You barely said a word all night." Grandma spoke loudly enough for us to here. "That's not true!" Mom said.

I rolled my eyes and sighed taking another bit of lamb. "Why would he bring up Christopher? Was that really necessary?" Mom complained. Grandpa seemed to just brush it off as he ate another bit.  "He likes Christopher." Grandma defended.

"Isn't that interesting? Because, as I remember, when Christopher got me pregnant, Dad didn't like him so much." Mom pointed out, which I mean was true.

"Oh, well please, you were sixteen. What were we supposed to do?" Emily now started to yell. They continued and I couldn't help, but chuckle at their immaturity.

"That's right far away from us." Emily started, "You took those girls, completely shut us out of your life."

"You wanted to control me." Mom stood up for herself. "You were still a child." Grandma spoke. "I stopped being a child the minute the striped turned pink." Mom told her mom.

"I had to figure out how to live. I found a good job." "As a maid. With all your brains and talent." Emily scoffed.

"Yes, but think where you could have been if you'd accepted a little help." Emily pointed a Lorelai. "And where Rory and Eva would have been. But no, always too proud to accept anything from anyone."

"Well, I wasn't to proud to come here to you to begging for money for my children's school, was I?" Mom questioned Grandma.

Rory and I both turned our heads toward the door in shock. She came to her parents to help us for school.

We slowly looked at each other not knowing what else to do. The arguing became background noise as I starred at my plate. I can't believe that she would do that. She hated coming to them.

There was a snore to my left. I turned and saw that Grandpa had fallen asleep.

~~~

We walked out of Grandma and Grandpa's massive house around 9:15 tonight. I hope every dinner doesn't last that long. Mom signed and leaned against the wall, "Mom?" I asked as Rory closed the door behind us.

"I'm okay. I just ... Do I look shorter? Cause I feel shorter." Lorelai thought aloud. "Hey, how about we buy you a cup of coffee?" Rory offered immediately making amends with mom. "Aw, yeah." Mom giggled as we all locked arms and made are way from the door.

"You drive though, okay, cause I don't think my feet will reach the petals." Mom joked as we all let out a chuckle.

~~~

I ended up driving with Rory in the passengers seat and Mom in the back. We parked the car around the corner to Lukes. "So, nice dinner at the grandparents' house." Rory sarcastically said as we walked around to the door.

"Oh yeah, her dishes have never been cleaner." Mom spat. "You and Grandma seemed to have a nice talk." I told her as we reached the door.

"How much did you hear?" Mom asked turning towards us. "Not much, you know, snippets." I shrugged.

"Snippets?" Lorelai questioned. "Little snippets." Rory agreed. "So basically everything?" Mom asked again. "Basically yes." I chuckled and let out a smile. "Well the best laid plans." Mom said as we walked into Lukes.

We took off our coats and took a seat at the closest table to the door. "I think it was really brave of you to ask them for money." Rory started the conversation.

"Oh, I so do not want to talk about." Mom frustrated at them and let out a sigh. "So how many meals is this gonna take till we are off the hook?" I asked mom.

"I think the deli spread at my funeral will be the last one." Lorelai teased before breaking out into a smile, "Hey." We all couldn't help but smile. "Wait, does that mean .." Mom let Rory finish.

"Can't let a perfectly good plaid skirt go to waste." She smiled. "Awe, honey, you won't be sorry." Mom said as I through my arms around her to give her a hug.

As I let her out of my grasp Luke came over the most dressed up I think I have ever seen him.

"Wow! You-you look nice." Mom stuttered. My eyebrows flickered up and a smirk formed on my knowing that feeling that she was having. "Really nice."

"I had a meeting earlier at the bank. They like collars." He informed us. Mom chuckled slightly as Rory and I watched what was going down. "You look nice, too." He complimented mom. "I had a flagellation to go to." Mom teased.

"So, what will you have?" Luke asked finally paying attention to Rory and I. "Coffee, in a vat." Luke wrote down on his pad. "We'll have coffee as well." I informed Luke.

"And chili fries." Rory added. "That's quite a refined palate you got there." He commented to Rory as he walked away to get our stuff.

"Behold the healing powers of a bath." Mom turned her head to us. Rory and I both giggled at her statement and shrugged.

"So, I know some about Justin, but your guy I don't know much about." Mom told Rory. "Oh, yeah. Tell me everything." I looked at her.

"You know what's really special about our relationship? The total understanding about the need for one's privacy. I mean, you really understand boundaries." Rory answered her own question.

"So, tell us about they guy." I ignored her last ramble. "Eva!" Rory complained. "Is he dreamy?" Mom jumped in. "Ugh, that's so 'Nick at Night'." She mumbled.

"I'm gonna find out anyway." Mom and I agreed. "Really? How?" She challenged. Mom faked scoffed and revealed, "I'll spy."

Luke than came over and gave us our coffee and Rory her chili fries. While doings so he said, "Coffee and Fries." Then leaned against the table as I took a sip of the coffee.

"I can't stand it. This is so unhealthy." He mumbled to himself. "Eva, please. Put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up like your mom." He finished as he looked at me.

I looked at him, then to mom, smiled and said, "Sorry, too late." Mom then smiled back at me from across the table. Then she looked back at Luke. Luke just barely shook his head before he left us to enjoy the rest of the night.

"So, tell us about the guy." I cut to the chase. "Check please." Rory teased. "Are you too embarrassed to bring him home?" Mom questioned in a laughing matter.

"I'm not embarrassed." She denied. "Does he talk at all?" I asked this time. "No, Eva he's a mime." She sarcastically monotoned me.

   (A/N)
Part two is down.
Guys this is not a good thing, I had a writers blocked half way through this and it's only chapter 2. Ugh. I hope it still turned out okay, but I am back thank god cause it was really starting to annoy me.

Please still comment suggestions and stuff like that I am open to that type of stuff.
If you liked this one please VOTE.

Love you Lots xxx
Bella
October 11, 2020

Word count 7169

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 2K 25
This is inspired by some of the other Gilmore Girls fanfiction I've read where Rory has a twin sister. ---------------------------------- Alice Chri...
1.7K 19 14
Tristan Dugrays sister comes back from studying abroad in England and happens to fall inlove with the one and only Paris Geller . While studying at C...
497K 13.5K 102
What if Lorelai Gilmore had twin girls? Frankie and Rory, fraternal twins with very little in common. Rory is quiet, Frankie is loud. Rory loves scho...
348K 9.8K 43
She was the perfect small town girl. She was smart, kind, and polite to everyone she met. But she had big dreams, dreams that went far beyond the tow...