Dancing with our hands tied |...

By SMcGlaggen

~~BOOK 1 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ When 17 year-old Bella Swan and her 15 year-old sister Soffia Swan moved... More

Characters
Dancing with Our Hands Tied
Chapter 1: The arrival
Chapter 2: The Nerd
Chapter 3: The Cullens
Chapter 4: What's going on?
Chapter 5: The arcade
Chapter 6: Italian Names
Chapter 7: Apologies
Chapter 8: Sunday Traditions & the Clearwaters
Chapter 9: Nurse's office conversations
Chapter 10: A Horrible Day
Chapter 11: Bella's Theories.
Chapter 12: Party and Poetry
Chapter 13: Greenhouse
Chapter 15: Port Angeles
Chapter 16: Truth and Widow's Peak.
Chapter 17: Rumor Has it
Chapter 18: Seattle
Chapter 19: The Birthday
Chapter 20: Heart to Heart
Chapter 21: Leah Time
Chapter 22: Promises
Chapter 23: Dating
Chapter 24: The Tracker
Chapter 25: Phoenix
Chapter 26: Hospital
Chapter 27: Prom
Sequel!

Chapter 14: Quileute Legends

15.4K 497 77
By SMcGlaggen

When we arrived to school, Rosalie went with her siblings to the rest of their classes and I headed to my last class of AP U.S History. I could hear people whispering as I walked by, I knew they were talking about the fact that I had been strolling with Rosalie Hale in the Greenhouse.

That made me think about everything that had happen today. How Rosalie was, apparently, done ignoring me and had actually played nice. A smile made its way into my face, I had no idea why all  her actions were causing me to have these feelings. I was a person of logic, not of all these fuzzy butterflies in my stomach.

Besides this was not gonna happen, I was setting myself up to disaster.

"La Push, Bella?" Mike was sitting in the back of the chair with his feet on the seat, I felt an urge to swipe his feet so he could land on his face. I snickered at my thoughts, not feeling guilty at all. First he stalks my sister and then he acts like I am not standing right here, Jerk.

"Am I supposed to know what that means?" Bella asked with a frown and I gave the rest of our friends a puzzled look.

"La Push is the beach down in the reservation" Jessica explained waggling her eyebrows. I tilted my head a little, thibking about asking Leah to tag along.

"We are going surfing, Eric claims to be an expert" Ben mocked his friend, I snorted at that. It was hard trying to picture the skinny boy having any kind of athletic bone on his body.

"We both are invited, right?" Bella pointed at the two of us, I bit my lip. They shared a look obviously not wanting to extend the invitation but surprisingly it was Lauren who spoke up.

"Of Course, you can even invite your boyfriend Jasper" she smirked pointing with her head to the Cullen table.

I gritted my teeth and gave a quick glance to the Cullens, I found Rosalie looking at me, acting like she was hearing all our conversation and was waiting my reply.

"Jasper is not my boyfriend, and don't bring it up again" I replied quietly not even sure if they heard me and turned around to exit the cafeteria.

"I'm sorry Lauren brought Jasper up" Bella apologized quietly while she was cooking and I was finishing my chemistry homework "I swear I haven't said anything to any of them"

"It doesn't matter" I replied bitterly.

"I know that you don't like to talk about it, not even with me" Bella wiped her hands in a towel and placed them in the back of the chair that was in front of me "But I am here for you if you change  your mind"

I took a huge breath and took my eyes off my notes.

"It does not matter" my tone didn't leave any room for discussion so when my sister took the place in front of me and fiddle with her fingers I raised an eyebrow.

"Spit it out" I closed my book and intertwined my hands on top of it.

"I invited Edward to go out with us to La Push this weekend" she blurted out and that took me by surprised. I was sure she was going to be pestering me about Jasper and my 'crush' about him.

"What did he said? Is he coming?" I perked up, maybe I could invite Rosalie too.

The idea of Rosalie joining us was absurd but who knew? Maybe she loved going to the beach. But if I were to invite Rosalie, I couldn't invite Leah since it was obvious they did not get along.

Bella grimaced and bit her lip.

"It seemed that he was considering it until..." her voice faded and she didn't finish her sentence, I made her a gesture for her to continue.

"Until I told him it was La Push, then he made up an excuse, he acted like it was forbidden or something" she frowned and it made me confused too.

"What did he said?" I asked curious at what my sister was saying.

"That the beach is 'too crowded', like what place around here is too crowded?" Bella rambled moving her hands around.

"The waves are amazing!" Mike exclaimed.

It was already Saturday and we were already in La Push, Bella and I drove together and the rest drove with Tyler in his van. We had to drive together since there was no way in hell that Charlie would let us drive with Tyler.

All week had not been eventful at all, it had been sunny on Thursday and Wednesday, so Rosalie was gone. Jessica had explained to us how the Cullens always ditched on sunny days to go hiking with their parents.

It amazed me that a surgeon, like Dr. Cullen, took those kinds of leaves to hang out with his kids. Then again a lot of studies show that parents with adopted children tend to spend more time with them, than parents with biological children.

On Friday it was raining and all the Cullens were back, so in chemistry I mentioned to Rosalie that I was coming to La Push with the guys and she got serious and distant with me.

At first I thought that it was because I hadn't invite her to come along, then I remembered the talk I had with Bella earlier this week. It seems that all the Cullens were reluctant about the Reservation.

"Hey Dimples!" A voice got me out of my thoughts, it was Leah. I smiled and gave her a puzzled look.

"Dimples?" I questioned her smiling and confused, she laughed and hugged me.

"Dimples" she popped each syllable of the word and poked my cheek, exactly where my dimple was. I laughed at her antiques.

"Hi Leah!" Tyler greeted her a little too friendly, I smirked and gave Leah a look. She just eyed him and nodded.

"Come on, let's have a walk" she passed her arm around my shoulder, the height difference making it easy for her.

I looked at Bella, silently asking her if it was ok for me to leave her alone. She waved me away and then I let Leah walk me away.

"Any news on your douche ex?" I asked her leaning my head on her shoulder with my arm around her waist. Leah shook her head and sighed a little disappointed.

"He still is MIA" she whined, I squeezed my grasp on her waist and she gave me a thankful smile.

"Have you kept away from the Bimbo?" Leah raised her eyebrows and I gave her a disapproval look.

"I hate nicknames" I told her and diverted her question.

We were far away from Tyler's Van but I could still see them. Leah let go of me, to step in front of me and stopping our stroll.

"You didn't answer my question"she pressed again and took the package of cigarettes out. She wiggled them in front of my face, I swatted her hand.

"It looks like you two are close, she even knew that you were asthmatic, you didn't even tell me" her voice was reproachful, I looked to the side. Admiring the ocean.

"I didn't tell her, she was there when I was using my inhaler and figured it out" I defended myself.

"And I didn't tell you because is not something I like to bring up in casual conversation, I just want to pretend I am normal" I continued and looked back at her, she sighed.

"If I had known..." she started to talk looking guilty.

"I know" I interrupted her, I didn't need an apology since she hadn't done anything wrong. She smoked in front of me but had no idea of my asthma.

"So are you and the blondie close?"  she asked again, with her arms crossed.

"We are friends, she is nice to me and I need friends on school Leah" I tried to explain myself, she shook her head no.

"Look, the Cullens are not good friends to have" I rolled my eyes at her statement.

"Do you even know them?" it was my time to cross my arms

"I know about them, a lot more than you do" she answered uncrossing her arms.

"Is not often someone knows more than I, so enlighten me" I insisted on her telling me what she knew.

"My father told me a stupid legend..." she started and then dropped to the sand, I sat next to her.

"The Quileute are supposed to be descendants from wolves, warriors of some sorts" she was fisting a bunch of sand on her hand.

"Like real wolves?" I was perplexed.

"One of our ancestors, the chief of the tribe, found the Cullens hunting in our lands; They were supposed to part of an enemy clan, we call them the cold ones" she continued as if I had not interrupted her.

"They claimed to be different than the rest of the red eyed cold ones, so the chief of the tribe made a deal with them; As long as they didn't endanger the lives of the pale faces and stayed out of Quileute lands there wouldn't be a war. They called it the treaty" she finished turning to look at me.

"So you hate the Cullens because of some beef that their ancestors did hundreds of years ago?" I was incredulous.

"I said my ancestors were there, not theirs" Leah correct me. I was so confused

"They are supposed to be the same ones, there were 6 back then and now there is two more; a male and a female"

"Leah are you hearing yourself? You are speaking nonsense" I tried reasoning with her, she rolled her eyes at me and took my left arm in her both hands.

"The cold ones are monsters, that's why they don't age" she explained begging me with her eyes to believe her.

"What kind of monsters are they?" I asked skeptical, Leah looked around as if making sure no one was around.

"I am not supposed to say, it would break the treaty" she sounded serious.

"Leah you are not giving me any good reason to stay away from Rosalie" I said hugging my legs to my body and biting my lip. Maybe that could convince her to tell me about this huge secret.

"The natural enemies of wolves, Blood-drinkers " she whispered the last part, I tried not to look at her as if she was crazy. Vampires, for real? What was next witches and demons?

I couldn't stop myself from snorting.

"I know it sounds crazy but trust me when I tell you that you really shouldn't be hanging out with the Cullens" she assured me and got up offering me her hand to stand up.

I started thinking about it.

The cold and marble like skin. 

How Edward stopped the Van with his bare hands, according to my sister.

The way that Rosalie could enchant anyone she wanted.

The way she spoke, like she was born in another era.

How they apparently ditched class, or work in Dr. Cullen's case, every time it was sunny.

Their incredible looks and how they all looked alike even when they were all adopted, with their pale faces and their golden eyes.

However, something didn't add up with Leah's story, and that was the red eyes. None of the Cullens had red eyes, they had golden eyes.

"Leah how come the Cullens are different from the other cold ones?"

"The legend says that they didn't hurt pale faces, just animals"- she shrugged her shoulders.

So the Cullens were vampires, but they didn't hurt humans. They only fed on animal blood.

I was still skeptical about it but it just couldn't be a coincidence. The way that Leah said that the Cullens weren't allowed in the Reservation, and their reluctant behavior towards the topic of La Push.

I still had no idea what to think about it. We arrived back to the fire where my friends and Bella were.

"Hey Leah, what's up?" a guy with long hair that was leaning next to Tyler's van greeted her. I saw that Bella was just walking back but was accompanied by Jacob.

"Hi Jacob" I smiled at him, it was nice having more friendly faces around.

"Hey there little Swan!" he smiled back, I gave him a playful push.

"I am older than you" I reminded him, he rolled his eyes and straighten up, he towered over me.

"I am taller and bigger than you, besides you are older just for a few months" he dismissed me, I laughed.

"Whatevs!" I looked at the other two unknown guys.

"They are Embry and Quil, they go to school with me" Jacob introduced us

"How you guys know Leah?" I asked them, they were talking to her like they knew her but Leah didn't look comfortable.

"Our parents are all friends" Embry explained nonchalantly, I nodded and turned to Leah.

"I'll catch you later Soff" she told me and then gave me a hug.

"Think about what I told you" she whispered in my ear before letting go. I nodded.

Bella looked like she was on edge, constantly messing with her hair a nervous tick she had. We got in the truck and headed home, she didn't speak a word in the whole way there. I was getting worried about her since she would clench and unclench the steering wheel.

"Are you alright?" I asked her once we were parked in the driveway.

She nodded and got out of the truck, not waiting for me she got in the house leaving the door open for me. Once inside I said hi to Charlie and headed to my room.

I couldn't believe I was seriously considering that the Cullen's were vampires. I searched online all the information I could gather about the cold ones. All the links that came up were from sketchy websites so I didn't consider the sources 100% relievable.

I was going mental. I mean the Cullens were weird and beautiful but immortal beings? I highly doubt it. It was just simply not possible.

However, there are some things that just weren't right.

One clear example was the Hale twins. Rosalie and Jasper were supposed to be Fraternal twins, they couldn't be identical because they had different genders, and the only features they shared was their blonde hair and the golden eyes. The last one being something that the rest of their family also seemed to have, so that didn't count.

Jasper also had a slight widow's peak, Rosalie did not. The widow's peak was a dominant gene, if one of their parents had it then both of them should had it too.

Since they were supposed to be fraternal twins, they supposedly shared the same biological parents. It was simply not possible for one of them to have a widow's peak and not the other.

I stopped myself.

Was I really considering that all the nonsense Leah told me was truth because of weak supposition as the one I had?

I was nothing if not a woman of science, and science is telling me that the Hales could not be twins. However, science also prevented me from believing the existence of Vampires.

Why did the Cullens lie?

Why did they say that Rosalie and Jasper were related?

Was it just for the sakes of appearances?

What were they hiding? A secret immortal life?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 27K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...
18.1K 619 10
~Book Two in the Lilliana Cullen Series~ Her lips are cold but soft. Reluctantly, Lily breaks away to take a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I needed to k...
28.8K 1K 44
"You like her. Don't you?" Calissa Cullen lives unusual life. Her family consists from vampires and her, a hybrid. After meeting a beautiful girl her...
43.2K 1.4K 42
Two years before Bella Swan joins her father in Forks, the Cullens move into their current estate. As the kids settle into their sophomore year and C...