Chapter 14: Quileute Legends

When we arrived to school, Rosalie went with her siblings to the rest of their classes and I headed to my last class of AP U.S History. I could hear people whispering as I walked by, I knew they were talking about the fact that I had been strolling with Rosalie Hale in the Greenhouse.

That made me think about everything that had happen today. How Rosalie was, apparently, done ignoring me and had actually played nice. A smile made its way into my face, I had no idea why all  her actions were causing me to have these feelings. I was a person of logic, not of all these fuzzy butterflies in my stomach.

Besides this was not gonna happen, I was setting myself up to disaster.

"La Push, Bella?" Mike was sitting in the back of the chair with his feet on the seat, I felt an urge to swipe his feet so he could land on his face. I snickered at my thoughts, not feeling guilty at all. First he stalks my sister and then he acts like I am not standing right here, Jerk.

"Am I supposed to know what that means?" Bella asked with a frown and I gave the rest of our friends a puzzled look.

"La Push is the beach down in the reservation" Jessica explained waggling her eyebrows. I tilted my head a little, thibking about asking Leah to tag along.

"We are going surfing, Eric claims to be an expert" Ben mocked his friend, I snorted at that. It was hard trying to picture the skinny boy having any kind of athletic bone on his body.

"We both are invited, right?" Bella pointed at the two of us, I bit my lip. They shared a look obviously not wanting to extend the invitation but surprisingly it was Lauren who spoke up.

"Of Course, you can even invite your boyfriend Jasper" she smirked pointing with her head to the Cullen table.

I gritted my teeth and gave a quick glance to the Cullens, I found Rosalie looking at me, acting like she was hearing all our conversation and was waiting my reply.

"Jasper is not my boyfriend, and don't bring it up again" I replied quietly not even sure if they heard me and turned around to exit the cafeteria.

"I'm sorry Lauren brought Jasper up" Bella apologized quietly while she was cooking and I was finishing my chemistry homework "I swear I haven't said anything to any of them"

"It doesn't matter" I replied bitterly.

"I know that you don't like to talk about it, not even with me" Bella wiped her hands in a towel and placed them in the back of the chair that was in front of me "But I am here for you if you change  your mind"

I took a huge breath and took my eyes off my notes.

"It does not matter" my tone didn't leave any room for discussion so when my sister took the place in front of me and fiddle with her fingers I raised an eyebrow.

"Spit it out" I closed my book and intertwined my hands on top of it.

"I invited Edward to go out with us to La Push this weekend" she blurted out and that took me by surprised. I was sure she was going to be pestering me about Jasper and my 'crush' about him.

"What did he said? Is he coming?" I perked up, maybe I could invite Rosalie too.

The idea of Rosalie joining us was absurd but who knew? Maybe she loved going to the beach. But if I were to invite Rosalie, I couldn't invite Leah since it was obvious they did not get along.

Bella grimaced and bit her lip.

"It seemed that he was considering it until..." her voice faded and she didn't finish her sentence, I made her a gesture for her to continue.